Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

I'm just waiting for the Han solo movie to come out so I can finally run an entire team of Hans.

Would you say you're going to HANdle the competition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Chilichimp posted:

Would you say you're going to HANdle the competition?

With a crew like that, he'll be able to SOLO all raids.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I'll be able to CHEWIE them up and spit 'em out!

Wait......

gently caress.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Canemacar posted:

I'm just waiting for the Han solo movie to come out so I can finally run an entire team of Hans.

Why wait? I'm still holding out hope for Carbonite Han

Popete posted:

So why is QGJ being used as a feeder guild again?

It's been pretty much set up like that since Guilds first became a thing, the first 50 most eager (tryhard) goons filled up IGD, then QGJ and GGA were created with the rest. GGA eventually fell apart and folded into QGJ, and IGD reformed into SM. There just aren't enough active players to maintain 2 high-end guilds, so instead of making the long-term guys in QGJ miss out on higher-end content like hAAT and TB/TW rewards, they can come over to SM when there is space if they want. Nothing is forced.

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 14, 2017

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

WerrWaaa posted:

Being not a scrub takes too much work. Gimmick Ewok teams from here on out.

Still running Nightsisters and extremely salty about my six whole spooky sis shards from the last event.

Might have to get into Clones or something.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

im cute posted:

Still running Nightsisters and extremely salty about my six whole spooky sis shards from the last event.

Might have to get into Clones or something.

Nightsisters are really good. Work toward getting talzin/zombie's zeta and getting tons of speed on acolyte/daka. That probably sounds like a lot of work but it's a pittance compared to the rest of the meta

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

fishtobaskets posted:

Nightsisters are really good. Work toward getting talzin/zombie's zeta and getting tons of speed on acolyte/daka. That probably sounds like a lot of work but it's a pittance compared to the rest of the meta

I'm like this close to getting Zalzin, and ZZombie is not too far behind. I feel bad that the only 7* NS I have is Talia, and yet she is the least useful of the bunch probably.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Zombie doesn't have a zeta, what are you all on about?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I think they meant omega

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Crumbletron posted:

I think they meant omega

I did, im dumb. Asajj/Daka's zetas are also pretty rad however.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Vulpes posted:

Zombie doesn't have a zeta, what are you all on about?

I just assumed the “starts with Taunt” one was a zeta lol whoops

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I can't even scratch the six star BB8 with my sevens and g8-10s. They just keep murdering everyone with that goddamn buff.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
6* is harder than 7* exactly because of that buff (and them starting with full turn meters)
Keep at it because all you need is decent RNG. Kill Rey, then Chewie, Han, Finn, BB8 in the 6* stage.

Someone did the 7* stage with all GL8, level 70 and no omegas/zetas so your team should be quite capable of doing it as well.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
How hard are the Jedi Rey fights? My required characters are weak and I don't want to waste crystals on the vets if I can't beat it

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

How hard are the Jedi Rey fights? My required characters are weak and I don't want to waste crystals on the vets if I can't beat it

I pretty much full auto'ed it with G11 zFinn, G10 bb8, G10 Rey (no mods), G8 Smugbros (no mods).

I don't think it's particularly challenging. zFinn isn't even important since no one else on the required roster exposes.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I auto'd the six battle and won with nobody dead. After 25 instamurders where I tried killing in proper order.

:thunk:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
pro-tip, just tell the auto to kill the lovely riot control guys. Seems like they do team prot up every other turn.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

Did it with G9 Finn/Rey, G8 Chewie.

(Han and BB8 don’t matter.)

Can probably get away with less gear on Chewbacca more on Finn/Rey. T5 is absolutely the hardest part and if you can get through that you’re golden.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

CaptainPsyko posted:

Did it with G9 Finn/Rey, G8 Chewie.

(Han and BB8 don’t matter.)

Can probably get away with less gear on Chewbacca more on Finn/Rey. T5 is absolutely the hardest part and if you can get through that you’re golden.

Who is needed for T5?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

Who is needed for T5?

Finn Rey Chewie

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
g00ru and Inimicul, ya'll got cut from SM for not participating in guild events.

Hit up someone in 'cord for a QGJ invite.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Yeah, I've fallen out of sync with doing the right events on the right days. I don't mind. I'm spending most of my time in Lineage 2 anyway.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Inimicul posted:

Yeah, I've fallen out of sync with doing the right events on the right days. I don't mind. I'm spending most of my time in Lineage 2 anyway.

Yeah, I remember you hitting me up about swapping with someone a while back. When you didn't join the TW it was just the right time.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Chilichimp posted:

Yeah, I remember you hitting me up about swapping with someone a while back. When you didn't join the TW it was just the right time.

I'm still trying to find the right balance on defense teams vs. offense teams for TWs. I just don't think I have enough really good teams to waste too many of them on defense, but I get that it's just as important.

Are there any famously good teams on defense that I could try farming or building up? I know Phoenix Squad is notoriously bad on defense, so I'll save them for offense.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

Are there any famously good teams on defense that I could try farming or building up? I know Phoenix Squad is notoriously bad on defense, so I'll save them for offense.

Phoenix are actually quite decent on defense! They’re bad in *arena* on defense, but that reputation actually tends to lead to them getting hilariously underestimated. We’ve found them to be pretty strong overall. Best part is that when they do hold. They tend to do so with nearly full HP/Prot, which is handy.

Empire teams like the one in arena can definitely timeout the unprepared and eat attackers as well. (Thrawn/Shore/Storm is the important core on D, with DT/Krennic being the ideal 4/5. Tarkin instead of Krennic can work too, as can zVeers. Deathtroooer is harder to drop.)

Nightsisters are a phenomenal defensive team. Low gear zombie and a well geared acolyte do serious work. Also, NIghtsisters in general are stupidly easy to farm and gear.

Anything with zeta Barriss is good.

Old school zeta Maul teams actually work pretty well. Like Phoenix they’re weak against actual arena meta teams, but shockingly strong against a lot of the garbage people will try to throw at you on offense. (That’s an especially handy thing given how many longer time players have a solid Sith arena squad collecting dust in the post-triple cleanse CLS abomination era.)

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

Phoenix are actually quite decent on defense! They’re bad in *arena* on defense, but that reputation actually tends to lead to them getting hilariously underestimated. We’ve found them to be pretty strong overall. Best part is that when they do hold. They tend to do so with nearly full HP/Prot, which is handy.

Empire teams like the one in arena can definitely timeout the unprepared and eat attackers as well. (Thrawn/Shore/Storm is the important core on D, with DT/Krennic being the ideal 4/5. Tarkin instead of Krennic can work too, as can zVeers. Deathtroooer is harder to drop.)

Nightsisters are a phenomenal defensive team. Low gear zombie and a well geared acolyte do serious work. Also, NIghtsisters in general are stupidly easy to farm and gear.

Anything with zeta Barriss is good.

Old school zeta Maul teams actually work pretty well. Like Phoenix they’re weak against actual arena meta teams, but shockingly strong against a lot of the garbage people will try to throw at you on offense. (That’s an especially handy thing given how many longer time players have a solid Sith arena squad collecting dust in the post-triple cleanse CLS abomination era.)

Awesome, my Phoenix Squad is quite good now, and I have at least parts of some others there that I can build up (well, barely any Night Sisters, but short of that). And a good Barriss I plan on adding a Zeta to after I zeta Thrawn's Ebb and Flow (which I'm close to doing). Thanks!

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
I miss GoH working on my tablet. Idle Heroes just isn't the same. I just want to play Star Wars stabby mans.

:smith:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Sounds like current thinking would be that the defense teams most people can easily obtain and place for TW (Assuming 4 placements + fleet), would be Zaul, Phoenix, NS, and an R1 team with Jyn lead and Chaze (assuming they're not in your arena or best couple teams)? Or defense oriented Empire?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Would I be able to 7* Thrawn without Zeb? I have Sabine/Hera/Chopper/Kanan at 7* already but I don't wanna go through the GW grind for Zeb if I can get away with using Ezra instead.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Popete posted:

Would I be able to 7* Thrawn without Zeb? I have Sabine/Hera/Chopper/Kanan at 7* already but I don't wanna go through the GW grind for Zeb if I can get away with using Ezra instead.

Gonna need more gear than if you do have him.

Zen stunlock is mvp.

Sabine should be the one that sits.

But at the end of the day, pretty much any Phoenix configuration other than “no Hera” can do it. (And even then). The catch is that each deviation from what is generally recommended is going to cost you a pile of Carbantis or maybe a zeta for someone like Kanan.

Up to you whether stacking a bunch of Carbantis into a character that you’ll barely ever use in anything anywhere like Sabine is justified by not spending easily acquired GW tokens on Zeb.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

Up to you whether stacking a bunch of Carbantis into a character that you’ll barely ever use in anything anywhere like Sabine is justified by not spending easily acquired GW tokens on Zeb.

Yeah but then I have to play GW without a 7* Finn...

Thanks for the input, I should just bite the bullet and grind out Zeb. No way I wanna spend the time gearing all these guys up beyond g8/9.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

This is my Phoenix squad and 7* Thrawn was hard for me:

https://swgoh.gg/u/tadashisa/collection/?f=phoenix

I haven't put anything into them since doing it.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Popete posted:

Yeah but then I have to play GW without a 7* Finn...

Thanks for the input, I should just bite the bullet and grind out Zeb. No way I wanna spend the time gearing all these guys up beyond g8/9.

GW got nerfed into the ground. Any good squad should be able to do it. Certainly a g8-9 Phoenix squad can probably auto the whole thing.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

GW got nerfed into the ground. Any good squad should be able to do it. Certainly a g8-9 Phoenix squad can probably auto the whole thing.

At worst, you get to node 11 and send in your arena team to mop up.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Rocinante has apparently hemorrhaged all the people. Uuuuuh.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Any positions open in the Goon Guilds? I stopped playing on iOS for a while and now have an Android device so kinda starting back up.

Ally code is: 131-314-737

I assume tehy still haven't introduced a way to have a single account either so I can get my iOS progress :(

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

tadashi posted:

At worst, you get to node 11 and send in your arena team to mop up.

Me right now. I let my Wiggs/Lando/Ben/R2 team AOE the poo poo out of the nodes on auto, and then when I've lost Ben (usually in 11), I send in my nightsisters to style on whatever junk is in 12. My Lando needs stars and R2 needs number crunch before they can reliably clear on their own.

I'm still working on AARP Chewie. 50 shards to go. Should be a cakewalk.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Is Qui Goon Jinn still around? I can’t find it in the guild search. Also, the OP doesn’t have the discourd link, what is it?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Wirth1000 posted:

Any positions open in the Goon Guilds? I stopped playing on iOS for a while and now have an Android device so kinda starting back up.

Ally code is: 131-314-737

I assume tehy still haven't introduced a way to have a single account either so I can get my iOS progress :(

They can one time only move an account between platforms. As of now, that account functions as a single account that works on both, but they’re pretty clear that someday in the future, the old one might stop working.

If you’re cool with “eventually someday maybe, iOS might not work”, you can contact support and get your iOS account linked to android though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

The man called M posted:

Is Qui Goon Jinn still around? I can’t find it in the guild search. Also, the OP doesn’t have the discourd link, what is it?

Follow the spreadsheet link in the OP under "Play with goons". It has the discord link, hidden away from pubbie eyes.