Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Malgrin posted:

zeta Jedi Training Rey is strong on defense. Zeta Finn is really weak on defense.

On a launch-day shard, I just switched up my arena squad and rode zJTRey from around 150th up into the top 20. Amazing synergy.

zJTRey.g12 (L), zzR2.g12, BB8.g11, ScavRey.g11, and GK.g12 is a hell of a team apparently. I've never been in the meta before and I don't know how to handle it.

Trying to decide where to put this zeta: Insight for JTRey or the counter+assist for BB-8?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

On a launch-day shard, I just switched up my arena squad and rode zJTRey from around 150th up into the top 20. Amazing synergy.

zJTRey.g12 (L), zzR2.g12, BB8.g11, ScavRey.g11, and GK.g12 is a hell of a team apparently. I've never been in the meta before and I don't know how to handle it.

Trying to decide where to put this zeta: Insight for JTRey or the counter+assist for BB-8?

BB8's counter zeta, do it and don't look back.

If you think it owns now... wait until you're calling bb8 with JTRey and he CALLS HER BACK for a triple hit... or calls R2 for a clutch stun. It's an amazing zeta.

Or Han double-shots your BB8 and he counters TWICE calling JTRey BOTH TIMES!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

If you think it owns now... wait until you're calling bb8 with JTRey and he CALLS HER BACK for a triple hit... or calls R2 for a clutch stun. It's an amazing zeta.

Chilichimp posted:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

All of this and don’t forget Rey getting to go twice during a GK GROUP HUG.

Roll with the punches owns.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

My current Zeta plan, as the local NS special snowflake, is:

zzVentriss
zzTalzin
zJrey
zBB8
zCLS
zDaka

Ventress is my Rancor queen right now as a bigger, meaner Zader, but I need zzTalzin to be competitive in the PVP meta. Then there's the Jrey/BB8 wombo-combo, which is the second squad I'm working towards. I also have a bright idea for way in the future that I've been seeing in my shard in the form of Snackbar (L), CLS, Hyoda, GK, Rhan. I want to see if I can get away with benching either GK or Rhan for BB8 for even more assist spam. Benching GK loses me some survivability though, and benching Rhan takes the assist roll from 66% CLS/Rhan - 33% Snacks to 50-50 CLS/Snacks.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Pretend i posted the image

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Thanks for the condolence wishes a few pages back. And I am absolutely hating FOST. At least its better than the Baze grind, who is sitting at 6*. The other annoying grind to get JKrey when she rolls around are the AARP Han and Chewie. I absolutely hate grinding inferior versions of another character just because. I kinda want JKRey because she is mary sue OP, but I don't really want to grind Han and Chewie to do it.

Also, its awesome that QGJ is Haating it now and that even newbies are getting six GK shards a pop. And a big TY to the SM goons who are carrying the rest of us over the finish line. I think GK is going to replace OB on my arena team. I've fallen from the low 30s into the low 50s / high 60s with my CLS led team. That said, I think after I get FOST to 7*, I'm going to work on a solid Empire team using a Thrawn lead. I've always thought the Empire was cool and don't feel like farming more rebels. There's a guy who loves the Empire who focuses on Empire Arena teams on youtube.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

Thanks for the condolence wishes a few pages back. And I am absolutely hating FOST. At least its better than the Baze grind, who is sitting at 6*. The other annoying grind to get JKrey when she rolls around are the AARP Han and Chewie. I absolutely hate grinding inferior versions of another character just because. I kinda want JKRey because she is mary sue OP, but I don't really want to grind Han and Chewie to do it.

Also, its awesome that QGJ is Haating it now and that even newbies are getting six GK shards a pop. And a big TY to the SM goons who are carrying the rest of us over the finish line. I think GK is going to replace OB on my arena team. I've fallen from the low 30s into the low 50s / high 60s with my CLS led team. That said, I think after I get FOST to 7*, I'm going to work on a solid Empire team using a Thrawn lead. I've always thought the Empire was cool and don't feel like farming more rebels. There's a guy who loves the Empire who focuses on Empire Arena teams on youtube.

On the plus side, you can farm FOST and Shuttle at the same time. Also, FOST is a very good tank, he just requires a lot of resources to get there. He's in consideration for TI TW defenses.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

JTRey isn't all that. She's good, but it's like a drat 5 zeta investment to get her there, and nightsisters still kick her rear end.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

JTRey isn't all that. She's good, but it's like a drat 5 zeta investment to get her there, and nightsisters still kick her rear end.

imo JTRey is still the 2nd hardest comp to beat with a meta squad. Sure, it's beatable with any of the 4 meta squads, but a few mistakes (or some bad rng) with CLS, Rex, or e: JTRey comps and you get nuked from ID.
Yeah, if you've got MT and Zombie, I think you should go for NS, and invest the 4 zetas necessary to run the comp...but...given that JTRey relies on heroes that you might already have geared (Chopper, R2, GK, OB, B2, etc.), that might be a much easier comp to bring online.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Chilichimp posted:

Yea I have JTR & BB8 at G12 and 100 Zetas in reserve and I just havent pulled the trigger, thats a big fucken investment. I figured out mostly how to beat all the JTR teams with my CLS squad, I already figured out how to win 100% vs all enemy CLS squads, and so the only team that gives me trouble is NS and they are just horseshit.

What are the best meta teams vs NS? Who do you kill first?

Should I just tech in Baze for GK vs Acolyte teams to remove her stealth?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jerkface posted:

Yea I have JTR & BB8 at G12 and 100 Zetas in reserve and I just havent pulled the trigger, thats a big fucken investment. I figured out mostly how to beat all the JTR teams with my CLS squad, I already figured out how to win 100% vs all enemy CLS squads, and so the only team that gives me trouble is NS and they are just horseshit.

Baze is a good way to handle Acolyte, but without Chirrut you're going to have a hard time with plague. I honestly think that JTR is the best non-NS meta answer to NS.
After that, something along the lines of CLS, Chaze, Han, R2. You could sub CHS, SRP, OB, or a few other rebels into that comp.
If you're looking at AV/MT (L), weak Zombie, Daka, Acolyte, you need to get some kind of stun (e.g. Han) on MT, and then nuke Daka, especially if she has a unique zeta. The longer she's alive, the more likely you are to lose. Then you have to kill MT. Otherwise she can revive Daka. Then you need to kill Asajj, because she will eventually start one-shotting everyone. Then Acolyte/zombie. This general order holds pretty much true regardless of their comp. If you have Thrawn, you can fracture MT and give yourself some breathing room.
I have no clue how to run JTR against NS, it's just what I've heard does best against them.
Troopers are the least work to take down NS comps, but they don't hold on defense at all. You need a very well geared Shore, DT, and Zeers to pull this off. I prefer Stark/Snow in those last two spots, but there's certainly an argument for Krennic.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerkface posted:

Boba (L), CLS, Han, Thrawn, Baze does pretty well against them, actually.

Both Boba and CLS can ignore the taunts and if you execute someone other than zombie, they can't be brought back.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Time to gear up Boba then. I think mine is at G9.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Yes hello, is there any room at either Goon SWG guild inn?

Also, while I am level 72, I probably did a real poo poo/janky job of getting there. Should I start over?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Yes hello, is there any room at either Goon SWG guild inn?

Also, while I am level 72, I probably did a real poo poo/janky job of getting there. Should I start over?

Have you taken any long breaks since starting your account?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I got drunk and zetad boba, don't be me

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Have you taken any long breaks since starting your account?

Any? Yes. Which probably answers that question, right?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Any? Yes. Which probably answers that question, right?

How long have you been playing? If it's been a decent amount of time, it might be better to restart.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

MichiganCubbie posted:

How long have you been playing? If it's been a decent amount of time, it might be better to restart.

Quite a while. Definitely falls under the "decent amount of time" category. Like I said, after reading the first couple of pages and looking at my roster, everything looks nasty.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

hup posted:

I got drunk and zetad boba, don't be me

:same:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

I just looked up Boba's zeta. Yeah, that's pretty lame.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

MoraleHazard posted:

I just looked up Boba's zeta. Yeah, that's pretty lame.

Kylo zeta: Hit someone and fill your protection

Bobba zeta: get the KILLING BLOW on someone and fill your protection

Welp.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I mean, it's not the worst zeta.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So Chimera is apparently coming around again the 17th.

How difficult is this event? I have been preparing lately and have all rebel ships at 5* except Bistan's ship which i don't have at all. (I also have Bigg's X and Cassians' U at 7*)
I also have all related pilots at 7*, with an average of GL9. (Except KS-2 which is 4* and GL6)

If i want to increase my success for this event, where should i focus my stuff? For multi-crew ships do all crew members count equally or is the "pilot" (e.g. top left) a bigger contributor?
Is the amount of combat usefulness of a ship related to how much GP that hero gets when i level something up on that hero? E.g. will leveling a skill from 6 to 7 instead of another skill from 3 to 4 make that ship more useful in combat?

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

I got to 22 pretty quickly, so I was curious if there might be any room in a goon guild for me as I give this retry a solid go?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

I got to 22 pretty quickly, so I was curious if there might be any room in a goon guild for me as I give this retry a solid go?

Get in the discord my dude. The link is in the spreadsheet in the OP

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I zeta'd Boba because he's always been my highest upgraded toon and I still use him regularly. He works well as a tank with a rebel squad when R2-D2 uses smoke screen on him.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Crumbletron posted:

Get in the discord my dude. The link is in the spreadsheet in the OP

Alright, I'm in the Discord and added myself to the spreadsheet.

Officially confused as gently caress as far as where to go next? Adding allies?

Edit: Found the ACTUAL discord. Making myself look really loving stupid here.

StupidSexyVaultGuy fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 12, 2018

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Ineptitude posted:

So Chimera is apparently coming around again the 17th.

How difficult is this event? I have been preparing lately and have all rebel ships at 5* except Bistan's ship which i don't have at all. (I also have Bigg's X and Cassians' U at 7*)
I also have all related pilots at 7*, with an average of GL9. (Except KS-2 which is 4* and GL6)

If i want to increase my success for this event, where should i focus my stuff? For multi-crew ships do all crew members count equally or is the "pilot" (e.g. top left) a bigger contributor?
Is the amount of combat usefulness of a ship related to how much GP that hero gets when i level something up on that hero? E.g. will leveling a skill from 6 to 7 instead of another skill from 3 to 4 make that ship more useful in combat?

5* Chimera wasn't difficult. The hard part is having the required ships (5 rebels, including both Ghost and Phantom). To increase pilot power, simple things you can do are giving them mods (the type of mod doesn't matter, just the number of dots and the mod level) and increasing their skill levels. Gear level helps also, but you should have decently geared Biggs, Wedge, and Phoenix (to get Thrawn himself).

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?
I love that according to their schedule the Chimera event is ending one day before the first chance to 7* Home One without spending any crystals.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DotyManX posted:

I love that according to their schedule the Chimera event is ending one day before the first chance to 7* Home One without spending any crystals.

WAI

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
My Home One is five star with no way to promote. Is five enough for Chimera?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

My Home One is five star with no way to promote. Is five enough for Chimera?

what? uh... doesn't the home one challenge come back every few days?

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

Chilichimp posted:

According to the January events calendar the next time it comes back is the day after the chimera event.

5* is enough to get it I think, but you need a 7* Home One for 7* Chimera I’m pretty sure.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Sure. But it and Mace have proved impossible for me to beat

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

UmOk posted:

It's a total RNG fest. I flailed at both maybe 50 times before I beat them. The key is to keep trying until:
A. You do semi-decent in the first 1-2 rounds
B. You notice the AI isn't reinforcing

B is rare but it happens.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

Honestly, just mash auto on it all day until you get lucky. It’ll happen.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

What I don't get is why getting a 6* Home One and a 6* Purple Rain (or whatever Mace's ship is called) is so difficult. I got Tarkin's ship to six no problem with 4* Geonosian spy and other losers. Now I have G11 Wiggs, their ships fully maxed, fully maxed G8 Asokha, Jedi Consular, Fives (He's G9 and his ship is 6*) and I get wrecked every time. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

MoraleHazard posted:

What I don't get is why getting a 6* Home One and a 6* Purple Rain (or whatever Mace's ship is called) is so difficult. I got Tarkin's ship to six no problem with 4* Geonosian spy and other losers. Now I have G11 Wiggs, their ships fully maxed, fully maxed G8 Asokha, Jedi Consular, Fives (He's G9 and his ship is 6*) and I get wrecked every time. Any ideas?

Because Home One and Endurance both have kits and ultimates that, fundamentally, exist to give your fleet an extra turn to finish the fight. (Ackbar does it with double turns and reset cooldowns, Windu does it with a round of damage immunity. They both accomplish a similar end.)

With Tarkin by contrast. You survive to the ultimate and then he ends the fight or just as well with a huge AoE of his own. So it’s much easier to carry otherwise weak ships. Survive a few rounds, then press the I WIN button.