Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I thought I had a pretty good P1 squad but I only got 500k. That's my strongest squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

I thought I had a pretty good P1 squad but I only got 500k. That's my strongest squad.

How good are they? Are they modded correctly? SM goons with heroic questions, feel free to harass me here or on discord. You guys absolutely have the roster to do it and should be trying regularly if it doesn’t die this time.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

CaptainPsyko posted:

How good are they? Are they modded correctly? SM goons with heroic questions, feel free to harass me here or on discord. You guys absolutely have the roster to do it and should be trying regularly if it doesn’t die this time.

Bb8, JTR, and R2 are max gear. Scav is G12 and Trooper is G11. I need to optimize their mods but that is so time consuming

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

Bb8, JTR, and R2 are max gear. Scav is G12 and Trooper is G11. I need to optimize their mods but that is so time consuming

It makes all the difference in the world. Particularly running RT slow and strong, giving RJT enough potency (a two piece set, a primary cross, and a multitool), and getting the opening turn order right (it should go BB8-> RJT -> R2).

Doing those things will get you set up to have ID before DN takes his first turn, with speed and offense down before his first AoE. Getting that right sets the tone for the whole run.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CaptainPsyko posted:

Can I just give you my login-info and you just fix my terrible mod situation?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Hockles posted:

If you aren't using http://www.swgohmods.com/ you should be. Makes it wayyyyy easier. Select the unit, select the desired stat(s), it'll give you the best options amongst all the mods you have equipped. It can't compare mods you don't have equipped on someone, but those are easy enough to compare against when you're already in there about to switch the mod, and your best ones are probably equipped already anyways.
(you need a swgoh.gg account for it to pull data from)

it helped me figure out interesting things, like how my best speed circle was on chief chirpa for some reason

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 18, 2018

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I have about 2 dozen untouched mods that are on nobody. Would I have to max all those mods out to Lvl 15 to be able to tell which is the "best"?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Hockles posted:

No but if you level all your mods with speed to 12 and equip them on randos, then give me your SWGOH.gg URL, and catch me on discord when I am getting smashed at an Applebee’s on a weeknight like the disgusting lowlife that I am, I will walk you through fixing them.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Hockles posted:

I have about 2 dozen untouched mods that are on nobody. Would I have to max all those mods out to Lvl 15 to be able to tell which is the "best"?

CaptainPsyko posted:

No but if you level all your mods with speed to 12 and equip them on randos, then give me your SWGOH.gg URL, and catch me on discord when I am getting smashed at an Applebee’s on a weeknight like the disgusting lowlife that I am, I will walk you through fixing them.

Mainly just the ones with speed secondaries (and speed arrows, crit dmg triangles). If you have extra credits, level promising mods to 12 like CaptainPsyko said, as that's the last level they upgrade secondaries, so you know what the mod looks like at that point. Long term ideally keep some credits (~3mil) and ship resource(~2mil) on hand and check the mod store page every refresh for any mod set items you want. Mostly looking for any with speed as a secondary already. Crit damage, crit chance, and speed are probably the most important sets to look for, potency and offense to a lesser extent

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 18, 2018

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Mainly just the ones with speed secondaries (and speed arrows, crit dmg triangles). If you have extra credits, level promising mods to 12 like CaptainPsyko said, as that's the last level they upgrade secondaries, so you know what the mod looks like at that point. Long term ideally keep some credits (~3mil) and ship resource(~2mil) on hand and check the mod store page every refresh for any mod set items you want. Mostly looking for any with speed as a secondary already. Crit damage, crit chance, and speed are probably the most important sets to look for, potency and offense to a lesser extent

For Heroic STR, you need to equip your good +offense secondaries as well, and weirder things like offense% arrows. So just stick everything on everyone and spend an hour swgoh.gging everything. You'll be surprised at what turns up

CaptainPsyko posted:

It makes all the difference in the world. Particularly running RT slow and strong, giving RJT enough potency (a two piece set, a primary cross, and a multitool), and getting the opening turn order right (it should go BB8-> RJT -> R2).

Is this possible to pull off without god-mods, or gimping R2 by taking his speed set off? Right now even with pretty good mods, R2 outspeeds JTR by like 30 since she's in CD/CC (trying to get her out of the CC as we speak but still)

edit: N/m, this is what happens when you theorycraft too much and stop actually PLAYING after a long day, BB8 bumps JTR up with CDT so no need to outspeed R2, guh

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 18, 2018

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Right. RJT doesn’t neeed to have a higher speed than R2, she just needs to be close enough. (Which is a moving target based on how much faster than R2 BB8 is.)

Here’s my P1 squad for a mod reference; I average 4-4.5m, but on a good day like yesterday, can do 5.5m

http://swgoh.gg/u/lesspopmorefizz/squads/91614/

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jun 18, 2018

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

If you aren't using http://www.swgohmods.com/ you should be. Makes it wayyyyy easier. Select the unit, select the desired stat(s), it'll give you the best options amongst all the mods you have equipped. It can't compare mods you don't have equipped on someone, but those are easy enough to compare against when you're already in there about to switch the mod, and your best ones are probably equipped already anyways.

it helped me figure out interesting things, like how my best speed circle was on chief chirpa for some reason

Holy poo poo, this thing is amazing. I've been hopelessly lost on mods, and this is exactly what I needed. I had a super good square mod being wasted sitting on my Darth Maul.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jun 18, 2018

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Thanks for this; much appreciated.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

This is telling me it can't find my user, even though I copied my username from swoh.gg just to be sure (profile is public). Is it working for everyone else?

On another note, I've been stunning BB8 with my opening shot from Han when I face standard RJT teams (RJT, BB8, R2, Thrawn, CLS). I realized that RJT dispels that stun on her opening turn when she calls BB8 to assist. Should I direct that stun somewhere else? I don't really have a problem with these teams at this point, unless they have insane mods, but I just want to be efficient when I do run into teams with really good mods or for those times when RNG just turns against me.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jun 19, 2018

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Finally unlocked BB-8 at 7 stars this morning after 7 starring FOST. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. First match I was destroyed, second match I realized BB-8 was popping Illuminated Destiny waaaay too early. So on the third match I stunned the ever-loving poo poo out of him any chance I got, and the match was a piece of cake.

I got him to gear 7 with scraps I already had lying around, and almost have him to gear 8. How is he to gear at the upper levels?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Finally unlocked BB-8 at 7 stars this morning after 7 starring FOST. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. First match I was destroyed, second match I realized BB-8 was popping Illuminated Destiny waaaay too early. So on the third match I stunned the ever-loving poo poo out of him any chance I got, and the match was a piece of cake.

I got him to gear 7 with scraps I already had lying around, and almost have him to gear 8. How is he to gear at the upper levels?

On a raw count, he needs like 46 items to get to G11 per some spreadsheet that was previously shared. That's comparable to R2. It doesn't mean he's exactly like R2, but he shouldn't be terrible.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

tadashi posted:

This is telling me it can't find my user, even though I copied my username from swoh.gg just to be sure (profile is public). Is it working for everyone else?

On another note, I've been stunning BB8 with my opening shot from Han when I face standard RJT teams (RJT, BB8, R2, Thrawn, CLS). I realized that RJT dispels that stun on her opening turn when she calls BB8 to assist. Should I direct that stun somewhere else? I don't really have a problem with these teams at this point, unless they have insane mods, but I just want to be efficient when I do run into teams with really good mods or for those times when RNG just turns against me.

Stunning bb8 isn't bad. You delay the Intel train. I usually go for thrawn or r2 if r2 will go before Rey. The lack of smoke screen helps thrawn target enemy Rey or whomever. The biggest problems with jtr teams is being able to target who you want and their millions of turns. Stopping the smoke screen or dispelling after is huge. If they don't run a tank you want to be able to lock down jtr as she is the big turn taker

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Sorry, I was reading days to gear, not gear pieces. From scratch, R2 is 47 to G11 and BB8 is 46 per this graphic:

https://i.redd.it/8j7517qjeep01.png

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

tadashi posted:

Sorry, I was reading days to gear, not gear pieces. From scratch, R2 is 47 to G11 and BB8 is 46 per this graphic:

https://i.redd.it/8j7517qjeep01.png

Ah, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I like rolling 2 tanks against JTR. Kenobi + Sith Trooper.

He's a defense laden loving wall of meat and kenobi makes him immune to crits. It loving wrecks JTR's whole gimmick.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
How are you supposed to beat the last rebel training mission? You can't change your team, and Thrawn or the Emperor just one shots everyone. You can't target them because the ST are always tanking.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

twistedmentat posted:

How are you supposed to beat the last rebel training mission? You can't change your team, and Thrawn or the Emperor just one shots everyone. You can't target them because the ST are always tanking.

Stop using R2’s specials and just stun everyone.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

twistedmentat posted:

Yeah, that one really sucked. It was especially annoying because if I could have just used my own drat Rebel team, it would have been way easier.

What CaptainPsyko said. Plus RNG.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Could we get dome more troopers and throopers talk?

What are the various lineups?
Where are they used?
Which zetas?

Would appreciate an effortpost on this topic.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Where are they used?
Which zetas?

Throopers is: zzThrawn, Krennik, zDT, Shore, Storm

There isn't a lot of variation there. Magma is good against teams featuring Darth Sion. Storms zeta is loving trash. :effort:

This new range trooper is gonna be amazing, but prolly on a veers team.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/172963/kit-reveal-range-trooper

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jun 21, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CaptainPsyko posted:

Stop using R2’s specials and just stun everyone.

So just zap everyone? Awesome. I'll give that a try.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Your goal in that fight is basically to make sure that they get as few turns as possible, yeah.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Where are they used?
Which zetas?

I have made several ITT.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was able to keep characters stunned but my team still gets taken apart, and they don't seem to do nearly enough damage to get though the armor the enemies have.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
Pretty happy to read that I'm not the only having similar issues with that mission.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Defiance Industries posted:

Your goal in that fight is basically to make sure that they get as few turns as possible, yeah.

Mainly I had to focus on making sure neither ST got off their taunt. So anytime I could stun someone and a ST wasn't stunned, I'd stun them. Any other attack went first to Thrawn because he was destroying me. Once he went down it was easier.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.

CaptainPsyko posted:

I have made several ITT.

Would people who have done effort posts on various teams be keen to link them, and then maybe we can add those links to the OP?? I'd love to be able to get sweet goon strats on various teams I should have started farming years ago.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

When it comes to punching down EzPz teams, is high tenacity the only way to go if you're not doing a mirror match? With my NS, it seems very RNG of who gets stunned/fractured/ability blocked/turn meter upped. If I can get Talzin's plague off and just stall, I win, but if Talzin gets stunlocked, Talia fails to cleanse, or Daka gets geeked at the wrong moment, everything falls apart. The breakpoint seems to be who gets the first (permanent) kill. If I get it, I snowball. If EP gets it, I lose.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Warmachine posted:

When it comes to punching down EzPz teams, is high tenacity the only way to go if you're not doing a mirror match? With my NS, it seems very RNG of who gets stunned/fractured/ability blocked/turn meter upped. If I can get Talzin's plague off and just stall, I win, but if Talzin gets stunlocked, Talia fails to cleanse, or Daka gets geeked at the wrong moment, everything falls apart. The breakpoint seems to be who gets the first (permanent) kill. If I get it, I snowball. If EP gets it, I lose.

it's not really possible to get enough tenacity to circumvent ezpz, as he boosts sith potency by a fuckload.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Baron von der Loon posted:

Pretty happy to read that I'm not the only having similar issues with that mission.

Yea but I'm pretty crummy at this game.

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Ship battles are live. More grind.

I've never done much with ships. I just use my ship credits to buy mods. Now I have crap ships. What have I done.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
400 extra crystals a day for being #1 in fleet arena is petty great though. And finally a good way to get reinforcement materials!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
4D Hard also has Sion shards.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
So, I'm slogging through the AARP Han and Chewie grind for the next Jedi MaRey Sue event six months from now. Sweet baby Odin, what a pain. :suicide: I think I'm earning cantina currency shards faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Moral_Hazard posted:

So, I'm slogging through the AARP Han and Chewie grind for the next Jedi MaRey Sue event six months from now. Sweet baby Odin, what a pain. :suicide: I think I'm earning cantina currency shards faster.

Yeah, I've got them both at 5 stars, and thinking about taking them both to 6 then 7 is bleak.