Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
The Galactic war Maximum Auto-play gently caress Squad:

Barris (L) QGJ, Lumi, Dooku, Daka.

I'm loving serious, use this squad if they're maxxed, because they will TRASH the opposition. There's so many Jedi in GW (Lumi and QGJ specifically) Dooku is a MUST TAKE. Omega skilled Daka Basic is also just hilariously effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

I'm loving serious, use this squad if they're maxxed, because they will TRASH the opposition. There's so many Jedi in GW (Lumi and QGJ specifically) Dooku is a MUST TAKE. Omega skilled Daka Basic is also just hilariously effective.

I am gonna try that one next. I have really good luck with Barris, QGJ, Lumi, Eath, 6* Kit though. Some nodes are a bitch but I can pretty much auto the whole thing.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I run the first 7-8 levels auto with Chirpa (L), Elder, Teebo, JC, Rey.

Then I move to the above squad for the rest on auto, and they start the first couple nodes with full protection, it's pretty great.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chilichimp posted:

That works until you run into the ultimate gently caress you squads with gear X RG, Rey, Dooku, Geo Soldier, QGJ, omega mat Fives, omega mat Leia, Rex et cetera et cetera

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

That works until you run into the ultimate gently caress you squads with gear X RG, Rey, Dooku, Geo Soldier, QGJ, omega mat Fives, omega mat Leia, Rex et cetera et cetera

For those comps. you have to steer targeting a bit and stop auto-play on occasion to heal a toon.

I still blow through it, though

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Would love to see how you do it since I got 4 out of 5 you listed at 7* and I doubt Dooku would help that much. I mean, if you run into Rey she can crit for 15k and without protections that's oneshot for everyone but Barriss.

I still complete GW daily but I sure as hell can't auto from about node 7 up.

I suppose it is kinda my own fault cause I run an all Jedi arena team which, although super bad on defense, has a hugely inflated power (over 32k at 77) thanks to 3 easily reached gear IXs and thus makes my GW a rather hellish experience :(

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Would love to see how you do it since I got 4 out of 5 you listed at 7* and I doubt Dooku would help that much. I mean, if you run into Rey she can crit for 15k and without protections that's oneshot for everyone but Barriss.

I still complete GW daily but I sure as hell can't auto from about node 7 up.

I suppose it is kinda my own fault cause I run an all Jedi arena team which, although super bad on defense, has a hugely inflated power (over 32k at 77) thanks to 3 easily reached gear IXs and thus makes my GW a rather hellish experience :(

This is what makes Dooku so good, he can stun Rey before she gets a chance to go.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

I thought Dooku's reputation was a little bit hyped until I actually got him and leveled him. So many attacks, so good.

Also I smile whenever I run up against Jedi, because stuns all around!

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

This is what makes Dooku so good, he can stun Rey before she gets a chance to go.

Unless Rey is maxed out and goes before Dooku. Also she's not a Jedi so the stun isn't reliable.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
If you only have enough omega mats for 1 top tier skill what would you use it on? Im leaaning towards qgj for the turn meter fuckery for raid

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Well, I had a good run, brought 6* Chirpa (L), 6* Teebo, 5* Elder, 7* JC, 7* Rey to GW, cleared through the 10th node, wiped on the 11th. I had to switch to manual control around the 8th node. These little buggers are insanely good because they get about 3 for every other person's turn.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jerkface posted:

If you only have enough omega mats for 1 top tier skill what would you use it on? Im leaaning towards qgj for the turn meter fuckery for raid

QGJ, Daka, and Fives are the current single best upgrades (for basic attacks). I think there are some secondary abilities that are maybe just as good. Daka's upgrade is very relevant in the first stage, but not so much in the Rancor stages.

e: I'm currently estimating 4,650,000 credits for level 1-80. If I had the credits, I could do this for about 3 heroes (that's how many extra droids I have -- over 10k each 1s and 2s).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 13, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tagichatn posted:

Unless Rey is maxed out and goes before Dooku. Also she's not a Jedi so the stun isn't reliable.

Rey sucks on defense without RG, because she always uses the ability to get evasion before using her 3-strike poo poo.

You can reliably kill her before she nukes anyone, as long as there's no RG. Add a Daka in there for a good-measure stun, and you get ANOTHER round of chances to debuff RG and bring her down.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Also, I didn't know this, but you can get yoda to GIX without raid gear... I gotta get that accomplished before they "fix him"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I used to hate always counter characters, until I leveled up my Stormtrooper Han :unsmigghh:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Rey sucks on defense without RG, because she always uses the ability to get evasion before using her 3-strike poo poo.

You can reliably kill her before she nukes anyone, as long as there's no RG. Add a Daka in there for a good-measure stun, and you get ANOTHER round of chances to debuff RG and bring her down.

Yeah this is true. I can almost always kill her before she gets a chance to go if RG isn't there.

Also poo poo I gotta work on yoga I guess. I've been putting it off but if I can gear that fucker up with out using raid gear then I'm all over that.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

"I just need five more drops for my downward dog tier 9" - MarcusSA

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

My sleeping-while-driving autoplay GW squad is Barris (L), QGJ, Lumi, Yoda, & RG.

No Dooku or Daka which means it takes a little longer against Dooku/Sid setups, but doesn't matter because there is so much healing and buffing going on that even on later nodes I'm still looking down to realize the squad finished with full health yet again.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I fought Dooku L, Rey, IG86, Lumi, and Sid on my second GW node today. The idea of autobattling GW just sounds like such an impossible prospect. Especially considering how dumb the AI is when you auto battle.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The community update is out: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39592/community-update-5-13-2016#latest

New chromium exclusive clone that looks OP and Cad Bane losing chromium exclusivity.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Tagichatn posted:

The community update is out: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39592/community-update-5-13-2016#latest

New chromium exclusive clone that looks OP and Cad Bane losing chromium exclusivity.

:eyepop:

I would love to build a clone team but my budget for this game is somewhere south of a million dollars so I'll just have to wait like 6 months when he's not as good any more and is put into shipments somewhere.

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009

Tagichatn posted:

Looks like the next GW guy I 7* will be Cad Bane, just on the off chance that they ever run a scoundrel event. Also, I have all the "must haves" from GW already.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Another Jedi fucker for the GW squad

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Inkel posted:

Yep, we still have a few slots left. I got your ally request, so as soon as you drop your current guild, I can invite you.

Awesome, thanks. Just give me a couple days to finish this raid.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

I got this guys.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I am having a lovely time trying to slog through map 5 dark side hard mode to be able to start farming Barriss. My RG is only 2* since I can only farm it from that one node in hard mode, I just got my Phasma to gear level 7 and 4* today, 58ish? My Dooku is 53 and 4* and only gear level 6, and I have a GS kicking around at gear 7 as well, and a dumb rear end Darth Sidious that I hate. Do I seriously need to level up my 2* RG or like what the gently caress am I supposed to be doing on these awful fuckin dark side hard missions

edit: Daka just doesn't heal enough

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
the idea with daka is to rez someone if they die, not necessarily to heal anyone.

Talia is your darkside mission healer.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

the idea with daka is to rez someone if they die, not necessarily to heal anyone.

Talia is your darkside mission healer.

And Talia is a lovely healer. Best to focus on DPS instead.

I'm running a droid team with HK as leader and they get so many extra turns that you don't need a healer.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Talia isn't fast enough to heal all of these loving aoes

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Wow that Yoda difficulty reduction was amazing. So now that Yoda is 7* 70 g9 and I am scrimping for space dollars now. So out if my planned arena replacement team of phasma(l), Rey, fives, lumi, Geo phasma and Geo are still needing levels. So at 5 stars each who should I throw my space pennys at first Geo or phasma? With my terribad rng luck they will both hit 6 & 7 stars about the same time. I am torn Geo I know even at 5* is solid damage but phasmas leader ability is really good to. Help me make good choices goons.

As a aside since I already have 86 and qgj at 7* 70+ I may test a assist squad once Geo is big enough. I just have to figure out who would be a good leader for such a team.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

DPS benefits the most from stats, so level Geo Soldier before Phasma. The only exception is if you really want to upgrade a skill and need to be higher level to do so - the skill upgrade needs to be worth more than the extra damage and health the DPS gets.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Let's petition EA to make my favorite Star Wars character and change the raid to just fighting the door.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Twigand Berries posted:

Let's petition EA to make my favorite Star Wars character and change the raid to just fighting the door.

The final phase of the raid should be beating on this guy while he cries over his dead buddy

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Am I right in thinking that any time they add a new character they will be hard to unlock? Like, do they ever just add a new character to the GW store?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

Am I right in thinking that any time they add a new character they will be hard to unlock? Like, do they ever just add a new character to the GW store?

They have added some more easily unlocked characters with the Guilds and Raids. But I think that'll be the exception rather than the rule - New dude being added? Pay through the nose!

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Their frequency of both adding new characters and moving exclusive characters to general availability has been abysmal so don't hold your breath.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Disco De Soto posted:

Magmatrooper was GW right away, Chirpa was Cantina missions right away, and Jawa Engineer/Gamorrean Guard are Guild gurrency and reasonably easy to unlock. But most so far, at least the more powerful guys like Rex, Sun Fac, Wedge etc have been Chromium/Aurodium only

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Is aurodium whale packs?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Disco De Soto posted:

Magmatrooper went straight to GW
Chief Chirpa went straight to Cantina Battles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Is there a goon guild for this? And how do I get an invite?