Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I just hit a full Rogue One team in arena. They were all in their mid-50s and 4-5 star so I figured my assorted 4-7 star team of mid-60s to 70s Ackbar/Leia/Rey/Luminara/Biggs could deal with them and by the end Baze had so many buffs it took up half the length of my phone screen

Him and K2 were trading taunts and counter-attacking every loving time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I can't even get past the first round of phase 1 of the last Krennic event level today, jesus

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I only have a few guys past 70 and most are G7 so I guess I'm not finishing this thing. Wiggs and Lumi all go before I do and one shot 2-3 guys

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I don't get why for the Krennic event 4th stage, they made him one-shottable before you can act. If I could bring a friend Wedge I might be able to complete it but for now I can't even finish the first phase and Krennic is useless

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

What's best kind of team for P4 Rancor? My current guild sucks so I wanna finish him and get my top 3 reward before bailing. We've been on the same one for like 3 weeks

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Noted. 90% to go -- the first ten was all me :shepface:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Never seen the use of JC after I picked up Lumi.

I finally breached 800 ranks in arena (after sitting around 1300 for a while) in time for yesterday's payout, with my team of 5-6 star mid-70s losers. Feels good!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

It should be like 10 dollars for a full 7 star character.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

Currently lvl 65 and also at a crossroads. My jedi team (Lumi, QGJ, GC, Asoka, AA/5s) has been working pretty well but I know their time is limited and I'm starting to focus on other heroes. I've started on a Rebel team (STH, AA, Lando, Biggs, 1 more) but I'm not seeing the synergy I was hoping for. I'm working on unlocking JKA and Aayla, as well as Boba for my darkside group. Really not sure what to focus on the most though. Being 65 I'm working on ships as well so everything seems to be demanding my limited resources.

At that range I had a lot of success using AA (L), Lando, Leia, Biggs and Lumi. I still didn't/don't have STH high enough to make him worth it so you can probably swap Lumi for him if he's good. AA lead's attack-on-special served me well. Around 72ish I started focusing on an Empire team because I was finally getting Vader geared and starred (the free Boba around that time helped).

As far as ships, I only upgraded whatever I needed to hit 100-300 for the 1000/1200 ship resources per day, which is enough to get you 10-15 character pieces per day if you're lucky with the daily rolls.

I'm sure some of the better vets will tell you I'm wrong.

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 8, 2017

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Space Crabs posted:

I honestly thought people suggesting the Royal Guard was a joke until I started running into arena and galactic war teams with these swole royal guards that kept alternating taunt with clone wars chewbacca which murdered me until I got mace's ability to dispell buffs and formed a halfass jedi team with lumi.

The stun on a basic and absurd health pool owns. Mine isn't that good yet but I want to get him up there. For arena I'm using a 3* Shoretrooper and he's putting in work. Tanking two rounds in a row is super useful.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I kept beating my head against the wall with the last stage of the event. The named clones would butcher me after all the clone sergeants kept giving each other free turns. I got lucky with droids and shards and was able to bring TFP to 6* and got Vader's first omega (speed down with the DoTs). Finally made it with 79 5* Vader (L), 76 6* Boba, 72 7* Biggs, 73 6* Phasma and 70 6* TFP.

Feels good to finally full-clear one of these damned events! Vader's speed down alternating with Phasma's was instrumental.

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 16, 2017

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

It was a matter of pride :colbert:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

That speed buff is going to own, that's half the reason I auto stuff and also it'll make running stuff without sim tickets a bit better I think.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I can't believe I stayed in a guild clearing Rancor once a week lol

I'm swimming in guild creds since making the switch

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

What's a good way to deal with Yoda/Old Ben teams for an Empire team? I've started to regularly hit rank 500-600 and they're starting to pop up.

My current team is Vader (L), Boba, TFP, Phasma and Shore. None have their zeta (I'm 79). I can usually deal with Wiggs teams as long as Boba goes first but Yoda throwing up Tenacity followed by Old Ben skill locking just completely fucks me over. If I can beat them it's with one or two guys barely alive.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I might just avoid those for a while, then. I'm not at the point where I can farm speed mods and TFP is going to have to wait until Zader and Boba are done. Thanks.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I hit 80 today and am 14 thermal detonator salvage away from Xing Vader but I am now realizing that, having neglected my ships for a while, I am a long way from Zader :(

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Nihilus-lead Dooku on arena teams :negative:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Malgrin posted:

Oh, huh, I hadn't thought about how ew that would be.

I'm running Vader (L), Phasma, TFP, Boba and Shore.

I killed his whole team except Dooku before they even got to do much more than kill Shoretrooper.

Then Dooku killed the entire rest of my full health team doing 3-5 attacks healing 5k a pop :cry: my fault for not focusing Dooku.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Malgrin posted:

How fast was their Dooku?

I didn't check. He wasn't even that good (mid 70s G9) but he went after my TFP with no speed mods the first round. It's the double health that stopped me from being able to saber throw or execute in one shot.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Looks like you only need 2 arena battles for your daily reward now.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

What's the training droids part about? Are there different scoundrel packs?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I'm guessing it's worth it? I have enough crystals for one. I was gonna get a Nihilus pack but I need 20 shards and after seeing my neighbour blow crystals on 2 packs and get 10 total I'd rather get something more substantial

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I'm at 81 but I'm too busy working up my ship (for Zetas) and arena teams to focus on a scoundrel team. I'm also 600-800 in arena so crystals aren't coming in mega fast.

I'm also chronically out of tickets :(

I'm going to try to stick to my original plan and buy a gear piece

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Getting a scoundrel team is the single most important thing you can be doing, because the 5m+ credits you get every week are absolutely essential in leveling your roster and mods, as well as buying good shop mods.

You should absolutely get those 4 toons I mentioned to 7* max level asap (several of them you should already have like STH and Lando if you've been paying ANY attention to this thread), even if that forestalls your arena machinations for a few weeks. Arena meta is going to be wildly shifting moreso than ever before with the rate they're releasing new characters and zetas.

I haven't been super cash strapped yet but I'm starting to feel the squeeze so I guess I'll be pushing off my arena stuff for a minute. My Boba is really good but the rest of my scoundrels are p. bad. I have STH/Chewy/Zam/IG88, I just need to gear/mod/level them and get their stars up. It's just slower at 400 arena tokens/day (plus 200 from the daily)

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

Holy poo poo, dude, how are you that low? You only need to be top 200 to get 800/day. Your shard must be a nightmare.

I started around when EP7 came out but didn't follow guides and wasn't playing every day. But it would take me months to get back to where I'm at so I really don't want to start over. v:shobon:v

I'm about as low in rankings as I can realistically get right now. At 81 I have no zetas and I'm mostly forced to fight lvl 82-85 teams.

The funny thing is I'm at 175 in ship arena and that was after barely putting in effort at all.

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Mar 6, 2017

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I forgot Lando, I have him at G8/5 stars so I'll get back to working on him now that I 7 starred TFP

My Boba is set, he's G9/modded/max level with a couple omegas

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Some guy in our guild started a 6* Rancor and put in like 34 mil to finish it before more than 5 people were able to get in on it :( I need furnaces god dammit. At least the leader told him he was gonna get booted if he did it again.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

This was probably the easiest 4th stage of all of these events since I've started playing, at least.

Also that dude who did 34 mil in 20 mins vs 6* Rancor in my pubbie guild today admitted to cheating in guild chat, lol. He had 4 characters above 6* so it was suspect to begin with. Glad his trash rear end got kicked out quickly.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

It's the option that starts on cooldown in the bottom left corner. Light blue circle. After 8 turns you have a % chance to escape based on raid difficulty.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Keep working on Han. I didn't like him at your level because I didn't really fully get his abilities and he's also a bit weak early on but he gets hella strong later

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Wiggs, Chaze and Boba in GW. RIP

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Can't get revived if you get executed :c00l:

I finally have my scoundrels good enough that I can finish tier 3 of the credit heist. Getting almost 4 mil today felt good.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Why is DS stage 9 locked behind lvl 85 :negative: I wanted to get Vader to G10 but he needs so many gold Biotech Implant Prototypes

I'm kind of stuck because everyone else wants a Fusion Furnace too and those don't grow on trees

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Aleth posted:

You only really need Boba/Lando/STH to carry it, just need to gear them up. IG-88 is worth doing as part of the droid team for HAAT P2 though.

How good do you need them to be? My Boba is on my arena team and is fine and now STH and Lando are 6* lvl 82 G8 but they're starting to cannibalize the same gear my arena team needs (Fusion Furnaces)

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Cool, thanks. They're my current Cantina/Arena farms right now and I just 6*'d them both this week so it'll be a bit before I get them to 7*, especially since I'm not doing Cantina refreshes right now. I've got a Furnace nearly ready but it'll likely go to TFP. I've almost got 1,400 gems for a second one too, so that should help.

I'll work on getting them to G11 eventually but I'm not 85 yet so farming gold gear is not feasible quite yet

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Free Bohdi Rook and 500 crystals :eyepop:

I just finished Lando in Cantina. I have TFP and Biggs already, so is Wedge a good next farm? I still need to star up Palp so I'm guessing yes

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

fishtobaskets posted:

If you didn't immediately unlock and 7* wedge when you hit lvl 69, rectify that now, yes.

I used to do alright, somehow, with a near-full rebel team, except without Wedge, back when I was around that level. I was ignorant of their synergy and I still regret it. He's at 5* and already halfway now so it won't be too bad a farm. Def glad to be done with Lando today and probably STH tomorrow or the day after, I feel like I've been farming them forever.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

It wasn't often but sometimes I'd take a timer loss/draw in ship battles before the change. Now it's usually over before the clock hits 5 minutes left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

It took a lot of mod shuffling and gearing up IG-88 some more but I can finally clear the last credit heist stage :getin: got my first 5M payout.

I also found a good speed primary mod that was wasting away on a character I don't use so that's nice