Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Tagichatn posted:

Once people are level 80, f2p can catch up and do well in arena. Not sure what you can do about Leia though, maybe it'll be worth picking up Ventress.

Tagichatn posted:

Once people are level 80, f2p can catch up and do well in arena. Not sure what you can do about Leia though, maybe it'll be worth picking up Ventress.

Ventress isn't bad, until yesterday she was a cornerstone in my arena team (Lumi, QGJ, Fives, RG, Ventress) and was the hardest hitter and very durable in my experience. Only replaced her because I finally got my Rey almost caught up and might be removing one of either RG or Fives to bring her back. I miss the buff removal and occasional stun from her basic in addition to hitting like a truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Chilichimp posted:

http://swgoh.gg/u/chilichimp/

it just occurred to me that making your profile public is probably bad, since your arena opponents can search for you...

Pretty sure you can already see inventory of arena opponents via in game. Click on their name in ranks, then hit inventory.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Malgrin posted:

If you're doing GG squad, you NEED elder or Ackbar for the debuff removal. I use Elder because he works so well with Teebo.

If you are facing the Rancor, Chirpa also helps Teebo's TM, but is not necessary. For Rancor, I usually run Teebo (L), Phasma, RG, QGJ, Rey. So much damage.

Any particular reason RG over 5s? I'm trying to put together similar team but playing catchup with Teebo and my Phasma isn't ready yet.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Is Leia only good in Rebel teams? Or when does she start getting good? I've spent the last week or so leveling and hearing her and am just underwhelmed so far, currently sitting lvl 77 (I'm still only 79) with Gear VII and 7*, I'm hoping Gear VIII is the turning point and should hit that tomorrow. For now I'm experimenting with Lumi(L), Rey, QGJ, Leia and 5's for arena, thought about Phasma lead but those heals have been clutch for me at least offensively.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Chilichimp posted:

Thar she blows!

Yes, she's incredible on rebel teams, but also just good in general. In fact, rebel teams don't really work with her.

Haha, more luck then massive spending.

I keep hearing that was just underwhelmed with performance (unlike Rey and 5's that totally deserve the hype) so maybe just don't get it. Everyone loves Daka too and don't like her either. Maybe just bad at this game.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Davethulhu posted:

The folks who were blowing out the guard section of the T5 fights have done a good job dealing with it in T6. It's almost done. Past experience is that the Rancor is simpler for teams not oriented to fighting the guards. I think there's a good chance of clearing this in 2 days.

It is a huge difference though. My team that did 1.2 million in phase one last time only managed 133k. I think different teams are needed for sure, and Teebo's TM reduction is very spotty on T6 raid.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

oops wrong forum posted:

Teebo can't do it on his own like he can in T5, but with QGJ and Yoda for extra TM and Fives for slow/assists and Rey for damage he's still the lynchpin against T6 pigs if you don't have Rex.

Was using Teebo, Fives, Phasma, Leia (hoping for more damage than Rey due to buffing others) & QGJ. Probably should have had Lumi in there for heals instead of Leia (or Rey for the chance at evade, but then would still be missing heals)

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
So I just started playing this game again thanks to some friends, and I see (and have experienced thanks to old goon allies) Emperor Palpatine is all the rage. Do we know when and if that event will come back?

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
I've started playing this game again, is there room in one of the goon guilds? I don't plan on whaling, but play every day and am active.

Hixalot 392-957-613

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

fishtobaskets posted:

Another question: QGJ is trying HAAT. I know I don't have enough teams to participate in every phase. Where should I concentrate my effort?

This is my question too. Really only have Rebels that can keep up at that level. That couple month break I took is killing me.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
I'm a little directionless at moment, and not on discord so I'll ask here, what should be working on right now? I have a decent but not amazing rebel squad, I am buying up shards for dark side ships to unlock zeta challenge, buying shards for droid and clone teams, and working on gear for Vader/Emperor/Tie Pilot/Boba/?? Team

Edit: I suppose it helps if I add this link

https://swgoh.gg/u/hixalot/

Nevhix fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 9, 2017

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Davethulhu posted:

Hixalot, you've got over a day inactive. Is this a temporary thing or can we look for a replacement?

Yeah sorry, work has sucked a lot of spare time lately. You can replace me.

Edit: or things should be back to normal starting this week if that's cool.

Nevhix fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Apr 16, 2017

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
I did something stupid today. Upgraded phones, went from iOS to Android, so uh...theres still no way to move my account huh?

Should remove me from IGD please.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

CaptainPsyko posted:

I've heard rumors of them solving this one for folks with $$$ in the game. YMMV.

I've been playing since launch pretty much and only like $50 total, so I'm not worried. Just was poking fun at myself for not realizing until after the fact.

Now to think up a new name and start the grind over again!

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Davethulhu posted:

Did you trade in your old iphone? if you still have it, you can play connected to wifi.

True, can give that a shot. Didn't think about that. Otherwise not so bad for fresh start, just wouldn't be contributing much to the guild.

Edit: decided not worth it, since I won't have that device on me and play on the go a lot.

Nevhix fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 7, 2017

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Anyone have room on friend list so I can borrow high levels to fly through this stuff?

Also if there's space in a goon guild I'll take it. Mostly consistent player just had to start over last night due to iOS/Android switch already up to 28

Code is 332-899-276

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

fishtobaskets posted:

I thought you were just going to get your spot back in IGD? If you don't want it, we can send muadib over and you can have his spot in QGJ

Thought I edited but must have not gone through, just starting over because I play on the go a lot and don't want to drag two devices with me.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Chilichimp posted:

Read the OP, for real. It's not outdated.

7*ing those important toons absolutely should be your goal. Amassing an undergeared and unstarred stable isn't going to get you anywhere.

Focus your rebel/scoundrel squad first.

Lando from Cantina Battles
Boba Fett from Cantina Currency
Stormtrooper Han from Arena
Luminara to 5* from GW (She's great for GW, and not much else.)
Followed by Biggs from GW

Start your Hard Mode fights for lumi (to 5*) boba fett, biggs, RG, and Dooku is my suggestion.

When you can start farming Wedge from Cantina Battles, start farming him so you have a 5-rebel squad

Wedge/Biggs/Lando/Stormtrooper Han/Akbar - This squad at 7* will allow you to unlock Emperor Palpatine.

Scoundrels are also important:

Lando, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper Han, IG-88 +1 will allow you to farm the credit/droid heists that come about usually once/week. These heists are CRUCIAL for leveling your toons.

If one decided to spend the money for the Shoretrooper pack, how would that change your advice? Not much such STH is so important for both rebels (for EP) and Scoundrels for credit heist?

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Dr. Venture posted:

I removed your old account and invited you back. I also sent you an ally invite. If you need someone specific just ask. I think R2 and Maul are set as my default characters for lending.

Sweet. Thanks!

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

KingOfTheTramps posted:

You can move an account from ios to android now apparently:

Wow, I wonder if they just move it or combine it somehow?

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

CaptainAssholay posted:

I look forward to the transition and know that absolutely nothing will go wrong.

Of course not, how could anything possibly go wrong?

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Chilichimp posted:

Guild is full for some reason. We'll get you back in.

Hixalot, can we move you over to QGJ while your account is rebuilding?

Yeah, that's fine, was original plan anyway.

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Done.

Can someone please get me an invite to QGJ?

332-899-276

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Jerkface posted:

lovely luke is luke, the good luke is Bigger Luke

But which one is actually Luuke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

ShowTime posted:

Can anyone help me with what team builds I should focus on with the characters I have for Galaxy War and other battles and then the same info specifically for squad battles? I get absolutely destroyed with the teams I make, even if I have some synergy and out power my opponent by 2,000+ power.

6* Mace Windu
6* Obi-Wan Kenobi
4* Qui-Gon Jinn
5* Clone Wars Chewbacca
4* Talia
4* Jedi Consular
4* Ima-Gun Di
4* Luminara Unduli
4* Luke Skywalker
4* Grand Moff Tarkin
4* Ahsoka Tano
3* Count Dooku
3* Captain Phasma
3* Bodhi Rook
3* Biggs Darklighter

then some not worth mentioning 1* and 2* characters. I was focusing on getting Jedi, but it seems like I get absolutely destroyed with them. I'm level 57 right now and can't make it past the third tier in Galaxy War or break out of the 2500-5000 bracket in Squad Arena.

What are gear levels like? At that level your arena team should at least be gear 7, gear is super important and mods aren't far behind