Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

New patch out today: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/37211/game-update-android-devices-5-5-2016#latest

Sounds like it'll make raids easier, leader skills now work on subsequent attempts and the door panels turn meter doesn't get reset between attempts. Also some protection regenerates between raid phases if you have at least some left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Once people are level 80, f2p can catch up and do well in arena. Not sure what you can do about Leia though, maybe it'll be worth picking up Ventress.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Rex can get to g11 now too, I hear he's the megawhale leader of choice.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Why do people think the GW team other people fight is the team you beat the last node with?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Man, tier 6 is loving rough. I don't have any dudes that can dispel debuffs because Ackbar and Ewok Elder are both 5* so I was just eating deathmarks left and right. I'm going to have to prioritize Ackbar and start spending refreshes on Elder. I actually haven't even played phase 1 of the raid before because it was always over before I logged on.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

Hey, I bet you're wishing you dropped $25 on Ewoks right about now.

Hopefully they'll add that for Android gamers too eventually.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Barriss for GW president. I'm still debating on whether to give her my last mk5 akroyd caller though.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Loading fine for me as well, on Android.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Ok so the tier 6 raid is super hard and phase 1 is a huge cockblock. If you want to do any damage at all, you need a dispel like QGJ or Teebo. I'd also recommend Ackbar since being able to remove deathmark is huge. Once I got Ackbar to 6* today, I basically doubled my phase 1 damage and was able to keep trucking until enrage. I wasn't able to have him escape unfortunately so my later attempts went worse. Once more people have dispel and debuff removal, I think we can finish tier 6 in a decent amount of time.

Apparently the tier 7 raid is easier since each phase has only a half or a third of the tier 6 hp but enemies hit harder and have more tenacity. For that, I think we'd need most of the guild to be 80 with at least two full 7* teams.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

Also, if you are wondering what to do with your first two furnaces, here's a handy guide:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4j2m5n/indepth_guide_on_distributing_your_mk5_furnaces/

Best post on the subreddit IMO.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

At level 80.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

This is what makes Dooku so good, he can stun Rey before she gets a chance to go.

Unless Rey is maxed out and goes before Dooku. Also she's not a Jedi so the stun isn't reliable.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The community update is out: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39592/community-update-5-13-2016#latest

New chromium exclusive clone that looks OP and Cad Bane losing chromium exclusivity.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

MisterGBH posted:

So I've been playing for a week and hit a roadblock. I tried adding myself to the goon spread sheet but my drat phone wont let me so if you want to help a scrub like me its Grash Alsu and 555-553-255.
I havent spent money on the game. Yet.

Whoops, I rejected your invite before I realized it might be a goon. I sent another ally invite.

Also if you're in Ima GoonDi feel free to skip phase 1 if you're having trouble with it since some of us now have the team to break it in half. Remember when people said phase 1 is bad for damage?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

If you're doing GG squad, you NEED elder or Ackbar for the debuff removal. I use Elder because he works so well with Teebo.

If you are facing the Rancor, Chirpa also helps Teebo's TM, but is not necessary. For Rancor, I usually run Teebo (L), Phasma, RG, QGJ, Rey. So much damage.

If your turn meter squad is good enough, you can probably just time out the deathmark. Unfortunately I don't have a good turn meter reduction character to replace Ewok Elder with.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The devs said they're looking into the time commitment and difficulty of GW as well as the lack of credit scaling. Who knows if they'll actually change anything though, worst case it'll get "fixed" like the credit event.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

If he's high star level and geared up, he might be able to carry the team.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

Maybe we need to tell our FOUR loving MILLION DAMAGE whales to calm the gently caress down and save some attempts for later that night... or we need to start earlier... or maybe we need to do another T6, because we've got 10+ guys who are all hitting in the millions range.

To be fair, the 4m damage was only one attempt and by the time I finished, the raid was already on phase 4.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

two_step posted:

What team? I am working on getting my Teebo leveled up, and want to figure out who else I should be working on.

For phase 1 I run Teebo (L), QGJ, Rex, Rey and Fives. With the slow from Fives and all the TM reduction, the captain barely takes any turns.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Spend it on Star Trek Timelines instead.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

The June character is Dengar. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/44137/daily-login-character-for-june-dengar#latest

Who the gently caress is Dengar?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I fought a droid team in arena and the jawa didn't use the crit/TM up ability at all, just detonator first then the heal then he died. He looks like a beast on offense though.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Don't buy them unless you're going to spend $250 on them. The packs lately haven't been very good but hey, you never know. Maybe the ewok packs will come back.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

In other words, get your Rey out.

My Rey is always out and flying free.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/46294/community-update-6-10-2016#latest

Leia won't be chromium exclusive soon, get your rebel teams ready.

Other cool poo poo:

quote:

Starting next week an update will be rolled out that makes some adjustments to Galactic War’s difficulty, which should in turn lower the amount of time it takes for players to complete.

Raid rosters will now refresh every 24 hours from when the Raid was launched (as opposed to refreshing on the Guild creator’s time zone)

Tagichatn fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 11, 2016

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

oops wrong forum posted:

Another factor is how close Tag is to 7*ing his Rex (not kidding, will make a big difference if he can take a big % out of p1 for us)

I'm still 14 shards away from 7*.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

iGestalt posted:

Woo! Just got Gear Level 10 QGJ. Is that the highest he can go right now?

Nope, QGJ goes to 11.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

Tag should take P1. He might be able to do it in one attack, so let him try with his crazy Rex team comp, and then we'll have people fill in as needed. So, Friday/Saturday, Tag, what is the best time tos tart this attack?

The regular time, 9-10am PST is fine.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

100k is good damage in p4.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Geonosian soldier is beefy enough to carry it himself.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

WTT furnace for scanners PST

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Dr. Venture posted:

I cannot believe this update. The last node contained a super Rey. I checked her gear and she had all level 15 A mods. This is the second GW in a row I've failed to complete. They somehow made GW even worse than the state it was in yesterday.

gently caress this game. I am about this close to just playing Pokémon. What a disappointment.

Yeah, I had a node like that but luckily the rest of their team only had 1 or 2 maxed mods. I only beat it because RG kept Rey permastunned and Teebo stole her TM. This update is insane, I have no idea why they thought this would be ok. My RG has 40k hp and 60k protection.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Farming mods from battles also seems kinda pointless since 6* and 7* drop from raids. At this point I'm just going to do them for the achievements.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Thank god for this update, I'm way less confused now: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/55612/upcoming-updates#latest

quote:

Hello –
We will be releasing three separate updates in the near term. Once we have finished the series of updates, we will post more detailed update notes.
We are taking this approach because there are often players confused about what’s available or not when we need to do these staged releases.
Stay tuned…

Apparently the update today removed mods from raid rewards.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah I think I'm done with this poo poo game. Feel free to kick me from IGD if you need room.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

That means they're going to raise the level cap to 100 which will take 30m credits per character.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I wonder if the new raid will also have Han shards or people will just not be able to finish him ever.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

Considering coming back?

Yeah, I've been logging in for the credit heists for easy cash but I'll probably stay if the next big patch is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Fenris13 posted:

So QGJ is chomping at the bit to do a t7 raid, and I think we are right on the precipice of being able to pull it off, but I would feel much more comfortable if we had one or two more heavy hitters to help push us through. Would any of IGD's guys be willing to come join us for a bit?

Yeah, I'm down to help. FC is 115-898-334

I don't think I can solo phase 1 anymore but I can take a big chunk out.