Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Any room in goon guilds, or are they both still full?

Also, looking to get some allies. Note: I currently suck.
893-476-256

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Canemacar posted:

So, uh. How long will the Commander Luke go for? I am 122 shards away from seven starring Old Ben.

If you want to be a dolphin for a bit, I think the Old Ben pack has 80 shards in it...

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

UmOk posted:

Would have been great if Old Han had a specific weakness to Kylo.

And Kylo's dick has a weakness to Chewie's bowcaster

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The special Phoenix mission is surprisingly difficult for a mission that is all-or-nothing for rewards and has a minimum of 2*, level 45 characters.

I'm level 70 and my Phoenix squad is 65-ish, in phase 3 I was fighting level 80 enemies. If you got something for beating each phase it wouldn't be so bad but...

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Warmachine posted:

I'm torn right now between getting Wiggs up, getting my First Order team finished, and just taking a hard left to start Phoenix squad after getting very nearly rocked by them in GW last night.

If you're at the point where you can farm Wedge, Phoenix Squad is gonna be dropping off pretty hard. They're resilient but they have a hard time actually killing anything unless you're at a massive disadvantage in gear. I'd focus on doing Wiggs, pair them with Chaze and ride that team to the top.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

thrawn527 posted:

Though keep in mind Chaze is way more difficult to farm if you're F2P.

Mostly Baze but yeah. Even without him though, Chirrut is good and does really well with a Wedge lead.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

thrawn527 posted:

Star Wars Galaxies was the old MMO. At one point Lucasarts shut it's servers down, killing the game, so all the time put into the game was lost. From what I remember, at the moment of shut down, the player base got together and jumped to lightspeed at the same time.

edit: Oh, unless OP meant when they took Jedi from being super hard to build up, and super great as a result for a reward, to easy to build up, but no less strong, meaning suddenly everyone was a Jedi. Because that happened, too.

Could be a lot of things. STO managed to wreck their game THREE times. Jedi were never good for the game, so two of them have to do with that. Could be the introduction of the Jedi grind destroying the economy, the proliferation of Jedi making every other combat class obsolete or the NGE.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

fishtobaskets posted:

Hermit yoda gonna be gross on assist teams.

I read about using him on a team with an Ackbar lead where CLS is the only other rebel and you have a lot of non-attack actions (so with Thrawn and GK, maybe). Seems like that would get out of control in a hurry with all the extra Luke attacks.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Kanan's zeta seems like you'd get good mileage out of it since you can use him for so many things.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Thrawn's getting a capital ship, so getting him at all seems like it's pretty important.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chilichimp posted:

oh, well, that's retarded, he's how you get health back.

Hera, Chopper, Kanaan, and Garzeb are the must-haves. Ezra/Sabine are the either/or choice for this event.

And Ezra is SO much better than Sabine that it's basically not even a choice

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nipponophile posted:

This sounds like the most unfun ability to fight against ever.

Looks like it's Lando's time to shine!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Since R2 comes out tomorrow I wanna ask: right now I use a Wiggs, Chaze and DN team. R2's combat analysis seems really good and I can pour my zetas into him once I hit cap to make him even better. But DN is DN. Should I plan to swap him for R2 once I get him geared?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chilichimp posted:

I'd sooner suggest you drop Wiggs for R2/something else than drop nihilus. That's just CRAZY talk.

I'm on a May 2017 shard, Wiggs-Chaze teams are 43 out of the top 50 teams right now. I know it's not a team you can ride out forever barring large shifts in the meta, but at least until people start capping out en masse I was thinking it could be a big boost to me with the increase to crit and extra stuns.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I have him on deck for if I can break into the top 50 but I'm slogging through a zillion identical Phoenix Squads right now and I seem to lose a shitload of standing overnight when I switch.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chilichimp posted:

Rex is probably the best mix-meta leader in the game. If you've got him and R2 geared and zeta'd, I'd say take the plunge. I held top 50 during the triple cleanse meta with that squad and it should do okay now if the gear and mods are up to par.

Just to be clear, I do not currently have R2 (positioned to unlock him at 5* tomorrow) and I am in the mid-70s so Zetas are still a little ways out.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ineptitude posted:

On my july 2017 shard half the teams in the 50-150 range are Wiggs, Lando, STH, Palpie. My Phoenix squad chews through this line up without effort, but i lose 100-150 positions every night :(
Actually the only teams i have lost against when on offense in a month or so have been other Phoenix teams. The key for PS vs PS is to kill Kanan asap so debuffs doesn't heal them up.

Yeah a lot of people on my shard are still using Phoenix Squad, but they only have one or two teams that occasionally break through into the very bottom of the top 50.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

im cute posted:

Phoenix squad is the perfect team and i won't hear a word against them

The more people that run them, the better for me. I love watching them try to tickle Baze to death while the DANGER ZONE tears them apart.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MichiganCubbie posted:

The Dooku pack. I wish I had gotten that.

Assuming they offer you the Dooku pack. You might get offered some other DS character. I got Greedo.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

WerrWaaa posted:

I'm glad to peek in at this extended ships conversation.

I'm hard noding Sabine because gently caress yeah Phoenix. What other hard nodes should I focus on? Falcon and Tie pilots?

Sabine is the phoenix squad member you need the least, which helps because she's also the hardest farm.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

On the other hand I have Matt now and I won't get GK for like a year, since I'm not even 85 let alone in an hAAt guild.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

RC Cola posted:

Are you in qgj?

Nope.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

im cute posted:

If he’s 85 and got boys ready for haat

I'm not and I don't, which is why I haven't asked. I'm only 78.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Well I certainly wouldn't mind an invite. I usually hit close to my 600 if not capping out. Code is 893-476-256.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Ineptitude posted:

Speaking of SW Rebels, is this a show for kids or can adults that are star wars fans (though not turbosperg die hard fans that have actual discussions on who shot first) get some enjoyment out of it?

Seems like that depends on the episode you watch. For example, the main bad guy now is Grand Admiral Thrawn, who is like the least "kid show" bad guy you can have since his main powers are "thorough planning" and "art appreciation." But there's also a lot of bad slapstick humor and the kid characters like to undercut good moments with really terrible quips (like when Vader shows up to fight Ahsoka, or when Darth Maul tracks down Obi-Wan on Tatooine).

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You probably don't have enough time to farm up Phoenix Squad to unlock Thrawn, but that should definitely be a target for you. They're not really viable at your level for arena, but Thrawn is probably the best character in the game who isn't Commander Luke.

To get Luke you're going to need a 7* R2-D2 so your targets should be getting a 7* Empire squad (for R2) and 7* Phoenix squad (for Thrawn).

The good news is you have 7* for a couple of the characters you're gonna need for CLS (STH and Leia) so you just need to max out Old Ben and Farmboy Luke on top of getting a 7* R2. But we don't know when CLS is coming back so you still have time there.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gear 9-ish, might be able to go lower if you have good mods on them.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

It helps that R2 is yet another of the absolute best characters in the game.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think an easy fix would be if people who completed the special stuff (ROLO shards, ect) got bonus currency. Seven people finish so everyone gets seven shards. If you are one of the seven you get 25% more so rounds up to 10.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

We're getting another swing at CLS next week.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

QGJmania running wild, brother!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Normally I don't ally with anyone using a Hera lead but you're in Goonlance so I'll make an exception

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

All I have for O is a non-zeta Resistance team (because they have some bad AI) so I hope four teams was enough cause I am tapped out

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The fleet you have to fight with Windu is by far the most bullshit

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

The latter.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nipponophile posted:

Don't spend real money on this trash fire of a "game", you loving idiot.

I thought you had a meltdown where you compared this game to Jim Crow and quit?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

CubsWoo posted:

May 4th will be ROTJ Luke which requires 7* CLS, Hoda, Chilly Coat Han, ROLO, Lando, Ackbar and Wicket

E: And a secondary event where you need 7* on all previous Hans to unlock Ranger Solo

General Han Solo should definitely have synergy with Old Man Rex

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Burning_Monk posted:

I can't beat Tier 3 of Luke's Journey. STHan and FBLuke just don't seem to cut it even after I raised their gear and mods up. Guess I need to Omega couple of Lukes abilities.

I stacked as much protection onto Han as possible and got Luke's speed way up. Got Han's taunt and it was basically over.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Boba Fett being bad is just being accurate to the films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DN is misdirection in KotOR2. There's not much to him because he's a literal hungering maw and he isn't actually the antagonist.

He's a good fight boy though