Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

For your consideration...
http://swgoh.gg/u/warmachine/

I'm working on Lumi, Rey, and Daka right now as far as stars go. Gear is mostly going to Lumi with some Rey. RG is next on the agenda. If I could ever 3-star 6-A, I'd also be working to star Barris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Avail posted:

If you have difficulty with the savage fight, this is all I've found to help.

Best the driods until they heave 1 hit left, single target DPS savage until he smashes everyone. Kill a droid, pop a heal and kick his rear end. Rinse with other droid if you still suck.

Oh and my 3 star teebo makes that one challenge gravy, that was good advice on here.

Since he's weak to status effects, bringing stunners helps. Dooku, Asajj, and Daka are on my go-to Savage team. On an average run, he never takes a turn.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

xyigx posted:

Wow slowly dropping Jedi from both my gw and arena teams is making life so much easier. I mean I still run lumi in arena and her and Barris in gw, but having fives and Rey in there just makes it amazingly easier. Having at least two people who can just bash dorku and SIDS heads makes things so much easier.

Especially when they're in every drat team on my shard. I'm sick of needing to primary sidious every time in GW. 3-turn healing immunity on a basic attack is a bit much.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I have Lumi (L), Anakin, Windu, QGJ, and Ashoka all ready for Yoda.

Too bad everyone except Lumi is around 15 levels lower than Yoda 5*, and I really really hate doing GW every day.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Just threw out a request to join Ima GoonDi, seeing as I'm starting to pick this up again. Player name is Pell Parata.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

If either goon guild has space, I'm back and playing again. Ally code is 792-317-377

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Both are full atm. What's your galactic power? Just wondering. Have an inactive I'm debating kicking from QGJ is he stays inactive much longer

https://swgoh.gg/u/warmachine/

Not much, but I've been inactive for a while. Direction of what to farm up is welcome right now.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Inimicul posted:

You're also half way to a decent Resistance team. Congrats on already having a 5* HR Soldier.

Dat 7* Ventris and Talia though, you must have gone hard on Night Sisters a while back. They're getting a rework and an event soon so that will pay off eventually.

I did. I went hard NS themed team before I realized that the meta didn't support that, and finished it because sunk cost fallacy :v:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I had a moment of panic when I ran across the healer hell node in GW tonight. With a bit more thought, the Lumi/Barris/JC team could have been a terrifying slog, but the only character actually capable of doing damage was Asoka, who gets blown off the field with little issue.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm torn right now between getting Wiggs up, getting my First Order team finished, and just taking a hard left to start Phoenix squad after getting very nearly rocked by them in GW last night.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm almost done with Wiggs shards, and I'm absolutely dreading trying to get Chaze. I need some advice on what legendary events to be planning for, and in what order. https://swgoh.gg/u/warmachine/

CLS, R2, Thrawn, and Palpatine are all on my pecking list, though I suppose Palpatine can be moved to the end because of his partial unlock support status. Thus, what I'm thinking is this:

Phonix for Thrawn > Empire for R2 (having Thrawn means I have Phoenix rebels to get Palp) > Storybook Rebels for CLS.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

RC Cola posted:

R2 is amazing. He can fit on most teams even without his zetas

It seems like all the legendary supports, at least on paper, are pretty baller. BB-8 at least feels like he's going to be a nasty addition. Has anyone even seen a Hermit Yoda yet? And Palpatine had/is having his day.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Mister Blueberry posted:

It's mostly based on money to be honest because why the gently caress not. Just look at the value of those packs they just released, be it ships or phoenix. 75$ for some ship shards thay you need another 6 months to 7 star if you concentrate solely on them.
And people still buy these packs because it's Star Wars, and it's catered to an older audience that can just whale it out.

I'm not saying I'm done with the game, but the p2w is getting out of hand these last few months

The Phoenix pack isn't a bad value if you're looking at it from a shards = crystals standpoint. The ship pack is hot garbage though. Phoenix has 16,500 crystals worth of shards alone in it, and while it takes more shards past 4-star, that doesn't diminish the value of the shards.

The reinforcement pack is laughable though. A lot of the value in bundles is that you can use the ships out of the gate, and the command shuttle and falcon don't even unlock with purchase.

The value of $100 not spent on a mobile game is left as an exercise for the reader.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Similarly, STHan, RaidHan, ColdHan, OldHan, OldChewie.

Waiting for Commando Han with a unique called "They're Everywhere!" that lets all of the Hans work in synergy.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Pretty sure they showed up in a Clone Wars episode. At least one of them, probably both.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_zombie_Nightsister

I think I remember Spirits showing up in a Rebels episode, too.

edit: Yup. http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/Nightsisters

Yep. Still a strange choice to add rather than, say, dumping Talzin on us or something, given that Talzin is literally in the Book of the Sith that Palpatine put together.

Of course, for those of us who farmed Nightsisters at one point, Zombie will be a great addition to bump off Acolyte.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Y'all joke about the NS rework being lackluster, but I'm looking forward to a 70% revive rate on Old Daka and stacking buffs on Asajj every time a NS revives. Strike me down etc etc...

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

MichiganCubbie posted:

As someone who hardcore farmed all ewoks and used them as an arena team forever, I love this ATST event. I coasted through it without losing anyone!

As someone who hardcore farmed all nightsisters and used them as an arena team forever, I love this Talzin event. I took out the CLS squad in Advanced Tactics with no (permanent :kheldragar:) losses with a sub 70, G7-G8 Talzin lead squad. :fap: 5% stacking uncleansable damage per turn is loving silly as hell, as is 70%+ resurrection rates.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Inimicul posted:

So, with the self rezzing auto taunting ghost thing, would that make R2 and other stealthers more desirable in that lineup?

Asajj has a global dispel, so stealth is pretty useless. I'm thinking Talzin[L], Daka, Asajj, Talia, Zombie is gonna be some nasty sustain poo poo. Talzin and Asajj are your main plague spreaders/damage dealers. Asajj and Daka stun. Talia and Daka heal. Zombie just takes hits. You want Zombie going as often as possible for maximum taunt uptime, and Zombie has a kicker of applying tenacity down which makes it easier to stack plague.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but for PVP, you might want to rotate Zombie for someone else on offense, and have Zombie in your squad for defense. Pocket picks would be Initiate for crit up and plague spreading and Boba Fett to execute stubborn assholes like Chirrut (I think he'll still be a pain unless you use Initiate to give him buff immunity.) Ghost and Acolyte aren't slouches, but until Ghost and Zombie are out, I can't really test their effectiveness.

You always want Talzin, Daka, and Asajj though. They're your anti-meta silver bullet. I think there was a video on Team Skunk extolling the virtues of Asajj for cracking Chaze teams pre-buff too.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Inimicul posted:

I was thinking more of using R2 on the NS team to ensure ghost is the only vaible target. I'm so far away from being able to do this event. It was just kind of amusing to do the Talzin event with zfinn and see her go only at the beginning of each phase and never again.

Not a bad idea either. Just gotta weigh if using R2 is worth losing the assist/plague spreading/other synergy. I'm really only working off my initial impressions. I still have to actually get these motherfuckers to 85 G10 Omega.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Crumbletron posted:

Deathtrooper is the silver bullet

But yeah you should be fine. Also, try to get some speed mods on Thrawn. You want him to fracture someone ASAP.

I'm trying to get my Deathtrooper node unlocked, but the revive squad third round just ruins me. Closest I've come so far is with my mass-resurrection nightsisters. Probably has something to do that I'm trying it with 70-79 characters with G7-G8 gear levels too :v:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

My pubbie guild made an interesting point about make sure I have one banger elite squad before getting caught up in the CLS treadmill, and I'm wondering what you goons think about focusing on getting my ships up and ready for Zeta before grinding out any more teams for the main game. I have a 7-star rebel squad, 7-star NS squad, and I'm within spitting distance of 7-star Empire. Next thing on the agenda is Resistance + OG Rebels, but I feel like my nightsisters and empire could REALLY benefit from zetas.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

This is the only meta that matters right now in arena

Is it anything in particular that makes CLS/R2/Thrawn so insufferable, or is it just that because they're gated behind such long, specific farms CG just made them OP and shrugged?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Hey come join QGJ. We have an opening. Actually 2.

Alright. Ally code is 792-317-377.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Every once in a while, I pick up 5 shards for CUP just in case this happens some day. To be just a little prepared.

I'm ready for the Ugnaught uprising.

Hey, it paid dividends on my Nightsisters. Someone once told me I was dangerously close to a 5-NS team. :smug:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Yikes. Aside from goofing and having to burn crystals refreshing the event because I skipped tier 1 and just did the bonus tier twice, I had a pretty easy time with a classic NS squad. I think I took out the altar in 4-5 rounds, only losing one or two to RNG which swiftly get back up. Now its as mad dash to get zombie an omega and thus be useful.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

im cute posted:

As far as a 4-5* G5-6 Nightsister squad goes, how is Talzin, Asajj, Talia, Daka, Zombie? Phoenix squad is running out of steam.

Honestly? I wouldn't try going off meta just yet if you're shooting for 5* G6 characters. When I was using squads of that power, old nightsisters were regularly getting me near the top 100, but that was just after TFA came out and my shard was still fresh. I don't yet have zombie at a level that can serve any purpose, so I can't comment on the actual effectiveness. My final NS squad will probably be zTalzin[L], Daka, Asajj, Acolyte/float, Zombie. Acolyte can be switched around depending on what I need, same with Asajj, but Talzin and Daka are core.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

While were on this, what is the opinion on various rebel tank options. 99% sure I'm going Old Ben next, but what about Kanan and Pathfinder? How do they stack up, who do you want to use where and for what reasons, etc?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

MichiganCubbie posted:

True, but in the first example, Vader knocks his response to the kid out of the park.

Vader approaches with lightsaber lit

Ezra (kid character:) I'm not afraid of you!

Vader: Then you will die braver than most.

It's loving poetic. Sadly, "I need more training. :downs:

im cute posted:

It’s good to spend most of your crystals on Energy except those times you have to spend 1299 on trying to 5-Star MT and of course you get like, 7 shards why? Why do you keep doing this?

My hypothesis is that the distribution for marquee packs is something like a heavily right-skewed normal, giving you a mean of about 6 shards, and an expected cost of around 71k crystals to go from 0 to 330. This is back of the napkin probability, but should illustrate that if you want to make anything of a marquee character before it becomes farmable, you better be prepared to open your wallet.

It's me, I have the 7-star nightsister team in QGJ :negative:

edit: gently caress it, while I'm at it, here's a survey that tries to gather a rough distribution of the drop rates in marquee packs. The data will be suspect as gently caress, but since I'm doing this informally, I don't really care as the only intended use is sating my curiosity.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 12, 2017

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

TheAnomaly posted:

you pretty much have to have a good zeta lead and a decent borrowed character to 3 star, or a team at full g11-12. For DS if you have a Sith team with ZVader and can borrow a Nihilus they're pretty easy. For LS, ZQGJ and a half decent Jedi team can do it at G8-9, and so can resistance with ZFinn. You probably need G11 for rebels because they're health pools tend to suck, they don't have TM manipulation, and there's a metric fuckton of AoE damage in the LS 9s for some reason.

The AOE is what I'm trying to figure out, and I'm eying SRP as a possible option, since he has a short cooldown taunt that applies offense down to all enemies.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Mister Blueberry posted:

You can also go with Jedi, zQGJ lead, but it's pretty unreliable. Just get a friend with a g12 Commander luke and let your counters work wonders.

This is my plan. Problem is that I need to actually survive to dumbshit AOE spamfest. To that end, the goal is Wiggs(L), Lando, R2, and some tank. SRP seems like he'd be good for offense down to neuter the AOE, but I should also consider Old Ben because I need him for CLS and ability block can do the same drat thing.

edit: For consideration, I easily three-starred the final tier of Cantina battles and Dark Side HM with my nightsisters. Resurrection doesn't give a poo poo who you kill. (Also I guess I didn't technically three star one of them because Asajj got merked by Kylo Ren but there's no shards on that node anyway so who cares).

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 15, 2017

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

UmOk posted:

This game isn't fun. I just like to look at all my Star Wars dudes and spin them around. I have a collecting addiction and this game scratches that itch. Welp thats my story.

Also TB sucks. Reduce the fights to 3 rounds and add a mini raid on the end.

:same:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Cactus posted:

Plus Chaze were brokenly OP for ages and they never got a nerf, not to my knowledge anyway. The only reason they're not as broken now is a lot of other folk came in/ got more powerful.

CG's style of 'nerf' seems to be just add more power creep. Which is loving insufferable to anyone who wants an interesting game experience, but I guess keeps the whaling good. I know I'm hardly one to talk having gone all-in on the new Nightsisters but...

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm guessing they didn't announce CLS in the monthly lineup either? I was expecting to see it, or BB-8 or something in December.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

two_step posted:

GW is now incredibly easy at level 85. I run a single team (CLS, Leia, Raid Han, Wedge, Biggs) and auto all the way through it, occasionally losing one guy in the last mission.

Echoing this. My nightsisters have no trouble clearing it. I haven't seen a CLS in it since the patch, and I was usually facing something cheesy on node 12.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

MichiganCubbie posted:

I was making a "Solo" joke, I don't think there are any single team that can fully solo yet, but I'm not up on the latest with like Nightsisters and other new characters.

Nightsisters have a rough time on P1 unless you're going to forgo Talzin in favor of Acolyte. I think zAV(L), Talia, Zombie, Daka, Acolyte would be able to do some major damage. MT's dot mechanics just trigger GG way too much, unless you're comfortable with 3x green triangles at a time.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Dely Apple posted:

I keep thinking no rational human would pay these awful prices for fractions of fractions of a character and then an astounded :starecat: at how much loving money this game still somehow makes off brokebrain gambling people.

Don't be like me. Enough math under your belt and gambling turns into expected values and you start calculating the expected investment and then :homebrew:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

SgtMongoose posted:

His zetas are useful if you run him with droids but if you’re just running resistance or raid teams for intel/destiny you don’t need them.

I think he's asking if zylo is worth zetas, which as the frustrating hard counter to my NS comp and how hilariously fun he is to play, yes.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

tadashi posted:

At worst, you get to node 11 and send in your arena team to mop up.

Me right now. I let my Wiggs/Lando/Ben/R2 team AOE the poo poo out of the nodes on auto, and then when I've lost Ben (usually in 11), I send in my nightsisters to style on whatever junk is in 12. My Lando needs stars and R2 needs number crunch before they can reliably clear on their own.

I'm still working on AARP Chewie. 50 shards to go. Should be a cakewalk.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

mdemone posted:

Nice, just unlocked JRey. Should have her to a decent gear by tomorrow.

My arena Rogue squad has been underperforming. I'm looking to realign around Resistance -- if I were to run zFinn.g11 (L), JRey, and zzR2.g12, what are my best options for the other two pieces?

Is Finn already zetaed? Because JRey will likely provide more mileage because she can be run with more varied resistance compositions. A team I'm thinking about right now is zJrey, zBB8, R2, Pilot, Rey. If my admittedly tired observation during P4 tank last night is anything to go by, each crit on Rey's special multi strike places and pops an expose with Jrey lead. Which had my poo poo gear Jrey, BB8, Finn, Rey, Barris team doing tons of damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

She's not as versatile as CLS by a wide margin. I think once you quad zeta her and BB8, there's some loving annoying sticking factor in arena, but that's 80 fuckin' zeta mats.

She basically does what zFinn does but with more versatility in resistance picks. You're not pidgeonholed into having to have Finn, Poe, and RT to make it work, and that lets you run old Rey, which is some gross damage since yes, she can proc chain exposes on her multiattack. I'd say she makes Resistance even better for raids. I can't comment on arena until I get some zetas in there, which I'm pretty sure Discord would riot and I'd get kicked from QGJ if I didn't zeta my Nightsisters first.