Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

I'm able to hang out in top 100 in my shard at 15k power, which is about average. I just have to complete dailies every day and use up all play opportunities (F2P) in order to get a level each day or so.

Grinding stars is sooo slow. Thankfully, most of the team comps I'm going up against are just bad. Still, I feel like every day it gets just a little more difficult to progress, or win arena battles, since I'm behind on star levels.

Stalkerr fucked around with this message at 13:51 on May 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

My collection, such as it is... http://swgoh.gg/u/stalkerr/

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

Rape-face Windu

Please change topic subject to this, OP, thx.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

I just unlocked Dooku and Daka this morning. :toot:

I'm going to go for one more star on Daka and then start working on unlocking QJG.

Almost have my entire team up to Gear VII, for protection. Too bad it only lasts for the first few GW battles before it's gone. Since I'm pouring my resources into my main team, I don't really have a "B" team, unless you count the random level 40 characters I haven't touched in a week. Usually in GW I just get my 400 points, buy Lumi, and then run through a few more nodes until I hit the last few, then I quit for the day. The only GW I completed was my very first one.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

So, I have $200 laying around not doing anything except sitting in a PayPal account. If I were to spend it on this game, theoretically of course, what would give me the most bang for my buck, as it were?

Either that or I'll buy a new pullup bar and another piece of weight equipment, which actually has an ROI not measured in electrons.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Slightly Toasted posted:

Why would you knowingly spend two hundred dollars on a cell phone game

Why not just go full retard and buy an actual Skinner box that gives you candy or something every time you press the button

Short answer: I"m Scrooge McDuck in real life

So, this Yoda event. I have a 5* Lumi, 3* JC, and 2* JG. Could I theoretically beat up to the 3* challenge?

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Nope. You can't enter without 5 Jedi, and they need to be the appropriate star level. So, to do the 1*, you need 5 1*+. 2* = 5 2*+. Etc.

Ugh, well, hopefully they'll have a Jedi pack for purchase, or else I'll wait till next month and hopefully have more Jedi by then.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Made it 7 nodes in to GW this time before failurecascade. Running Dooku, GS, RG, Lumi, Sid.

This was my first time using Dooku as leader since I leveled him up, and he is awesome.

At least I hit my daily goal of 400 GW tokens and got my Lumi for the day. I pretty much can't expect more than that given how difficult GW gets after node 6.

In other news, my standard Arena team of Lumi, GS, RG, Sid, and Talia is starting to be less effective now that i'm at 17k arena power (on my shard, that's Rank #60 - 70). Should I swap Talia out and Dooku in?

Stalkerr fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 12, 2016

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Got more starz today. Dooku (3*), Lumi (6*), Side (5*), GS(4*), and RG (3*) took me all the way to the end in GW for the first time since my first GW, like a month ago.

Wow, I forgot how awesome the rewards were for that last node. Completion really does have its advantages.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

I thought Dooku's reputation was a little bit hyped until I actually got him and leveled him. So many attacks, so good.

Also I smile whenever I run up against Jedi, because stuns all around!

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

xyigx posted:

I have over 7000 training droids and no god drat money.

Ah, 1st-world problems...

I just got my first 7* (Lumi), which means I can use my GW tokens to unlock Phasma next. I also finally unlocked QJG and Rey over the weekend. I'm focusing resources on getting QJG up to equipment 7 first, before I shift to doing to the same for Rey.

I've almost 7* sid (70/100), and will probably work on ST Han as my arena unlock next.

My main lineup chars are now:
Lumi 7*
Sid 6*
GS 6*
Daka 4*
RG 4*
Dooku 3*
QJG 2*

In terms of arena, I'm using Dooku, GS, RG, Lumi, and Sid. GW is the exact same roster. I use the same roster for the Raid as well. Actually, I use that same roster for everything. Should I make any changes to that?

Stalkerr fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 23, 2016

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

Farming RG loving sucks. You have one easy to farm hard mode node for him for the first 60+ and counting levels, for me. I can't quite 3* the mission at the end of hard 5 dark side for him and I am nowhere near able to farm him in the Cantina

I couldn't 3 star that node without Dooku and Daka.

Yeah, that 2nd node made a huge difference for me in farming for him. Just hit 4*. Other than that, spending crystals on shards for him whenever they show up in shipments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Ugh, I've finally hit GW where the last 2 nodes are insta-kills for my team. All it takes is Rey to have a turn, and she one-shots even my full-health folks. I had to burn through 14 characters to kill her.

And I'm only level 62. Well, getting that last node was nice while it lasted.