Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So, JKA report:

His old special had an on kill effect so the AI never used it unless an enemy was near death. New special does not yet they did not bother changing his AI script it so he still won´t use it if everyone is full health, making him a liability on auto/arena defense.

Advantage on dodge: sure, unless the next attack is dodged again. Instead of the advantage refreshing itself, it just fizzles. GG.

Summary: whipped up by a bored intern in an afternoon and completely untested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So yesterday I upgraded my JKA to G11, crossing the 38000 power total for my 5 most ´powerful´ characters and today my final GW fight was this:

I think I broke the game.

edit: I didn´t, it´s happening to many people.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jun 30, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

rocket_Magnet posted:

Well the previous patch did say they made GW easier so I'm not complaining. It was a chore to do GW when you were facing 7* level 80 teams from like node 4 onwards.

Yes, and it was indeed much better, until today when something broke. Nodes 6 - 11 were just like old GW today - meta murder teams and 12 was, well, you see the picture. Can´t imagine it´s intended.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jun 30, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Still broken.

Edit: never mind, dev reply:

quote:

Talk about a lucky last match! We've looked into this and have found there are no known issues, so this is not a bug. Cheers!

And he locked the thread afterwards.

lol at these devs, seriously.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jul 1, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

quote:

What I will say is that the credit rewards for GW have been adjusted upwards, and that will go out with the next major patch. A full clear should net you around 150k more. (Not sure on the exact value, but that's close.)

Extra 150k versus an hour of frustration.

Also it's quite beautiful that it was a stealth change, like they hoped people wouldn't notice or what.

gently caress me, why does this game have to be Star Wars :(

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jul 2, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Disco De Soto posted:

Please go droids because this game needs some variety, rather than another team of Ray, RG, Phasma, STHan, Sid, QGJ or Geo Soldier. I know it's the devs fault but I wish people would try something different rather than min maxing. Seriously the top 25 of my arena are all pretty much the same team.

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/73dwqOR.jpg][/timg]

From the land of ~gently caress Meta~ I greet thee.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I was 11th and got droid caller pieces which I don't need and something called mk4 carbanti array prototype which only 8 characters in the game need and I don't use any of them :v:

Still, the rewards are much better overall, we should just make sure we can kill it every time without needing outside help and stuff.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

cowofwar posted:

I am still getting comedy 3* teams on my last node, what's up with that?

Developer incompetence.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So mods are like gear, except you can pick stats?

Neat, prepare for Rey with ++++++offense mods critting for 50k.

I mean, the gear system is already half-broken, with characters getting basically random stats and instead of reworking it they are just going to pile up on it...

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
No changes to GW except fixing the last node not to be comedy team anymore so we are back to one hour slogsa mods are another credits sink that will use cantina energy.

Said it before, will say it again: why on Earth does this game have to be Star Wars :(

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Basically if you thought you have finally maxed out a character, think again.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

rabidsquid posted:

I have Leia and ST Han at 6* and 70~ both at gear level 8 i think, Lando is only 5* and close to 6* only gear level 7, and AA at 4* gear level 7 and my rebel team can clean up GW for me. Until I hit the two really hard nodes, that is.

Lando should hit 6* some time this week. Unfortunately HRS only hit 4* today but he's about to hit a relatively easy g8. I still need to skill up HRS and AA so I'm not in a huge rush, and I only get t500 arena prizes so Leia and ST Han to 7 is definitely gonna take a minute.

Not sure AA needs to really be above 4* for this team? Anyone running it have any feedback or anyone smart have any thoughts?

I have a g8 6*-7* rebel team of AA, Han, Leia, HRS and Lando and they are pretty good at softening up the g11 meta teams but not much else. Just like with everyone else, you need to invest raid gear and omegas in them (mainly in Leia and Lando) to make any real impact. That said they are very fun to use, especially Lando.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jul 10, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Yeah.

Everything has mostly been said already, this is insane.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Note that the picture I posted is 93% crit on Aayla who stuns on basic attack crit.

The gently caress were they thinking with this poo poo, seriously....

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Herux posted:

So, just to be sure how do i make a super rey after having completed all the mod table battles once?

From what I have been told, you run the highest tier of the health mod challenge hoping the primary stat of the mods that drop is anything offensive, then level them to 15. Super saiyan Rey at your service.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I don´t believe they are going to change anything. Btw the health challenge was just an example, for extra super super sayian Rey, if you have the right characters and unlocked them you could also run the crit chance/power/speed challenges and make her even more ridiculous.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
The thing is though, the mods themselves aren't such a bad idea - it's just that they should not cost cantina energy, their challenges should be on daily attempts like the old challenges, the challenges should not require specific faction and last but no least they should absolutely not introduce the kind of power creep they did.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 13, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
A 6* level 50 character with level 15 2* mods is probably 2x stronger than prepatch maxed level 80 characters with raid gear.

Yes, mods are that dumb.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
The ultra whales are not too happy either

The thread has been deleted within minutes.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Ularg posted:

Deleted? Welp they're hosed.

Well honestly threads directly calling out devs, even profanity free, are usually deleted on most official game forums. Still, more bad PR for them...

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

xyigx posted:

Quick question ftp rebel teams so Leia, akbar, luke, Biggs, + who? And or is there a better not impossible to grind combo?

Leia, Lando, Ackbar, STHan, Hoth Scout/Luke (but scout is better). Biggs if you really want mostly rebels, he is not too great however.

3 of them come from arena though.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I don't know what they are going to do but they have to do something and fast, releasing such a disastrous patch in the same week as Pokemon Go is like, suicidal.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I tried it but didn't like the graphics either. Also the only FF game I ever played was FFXIII (and I loved it) which makes my opinions on the FF franchise instantly invalid to most of its fans :v:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Davethulhu posted:

Considering how much it costs to upgrade mods now, I'm not even going to farm them anymore. I can't keep up with the ones we get from raids, and those are better anyway.

Correct. All the tables/mod challenges are pointless to do.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well, they partially unfucked the fuckup. Mods seem okay-ish now (apart from being another credit sink, using cantina energy, precrafting and all that :v:) and could actually allow some customization.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Get yo anti-droid squads ready.

No idea why Anakin's lighsaber is purple.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 16, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
It should be the next raid, according to datamining.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Beep boop.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Disco De Soto posted:

loving finally got Jawa Engi to 7* man when they added Dengar to the guild store they really screwed me.

Only thing I hate more than Rey is g10 droid teams with Jawa Engineer. That poo poo's total murder.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

This should probably go into the OP.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

xyigx posted:

OK help me pad my research. If you don't mind please list the following.
1) arena power
2)gw highest team power you use
3)on a scale of 1 to "Oh gently caress off that was bullshit" how hard is your galactic war

1) 39095
2) same as 1 when needed, usually lower
3) depends on into how many RG/Rey/QGJ/Phasma (lately also Anakin and Aayla) meta bullshit teams I happen to run. Generally I clear 1-5 with my B team (Nightsisters) 6 - 11 with my A team (Jedi). Nodes 9 and 11 (mainly 9 currently) are often frustrating and require suicide teams because even A team without protection is within 2shot territory (1 shot if Rey) Node 12 has been bugged for me for weeks now, thankfully.

xyigx posted:

Just got Lando to 7 stars any suggestions on who to farm from cantina next?

Anakin.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Dr. Venture posted:

I just run all 5 pip HP sets on my characters. It probably isn't perfect, but I can still place #1 in arena with it.

Same. Very few whales have perfect crit or speed 5* mods I think.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
AoE team: Vader + Sid? With potency his AoE might stick? Lando, not sure who else.

Counter: Imagoondi, Aayla, Anakin, Dooku, not sure about 5th

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Savage Opress is a solid character. Asajj only if you really like her or plan to make a Nightsister team with her as lead, not viable otherwise.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

quote:

Jedi Knight Anakin: Allies will now gain Advantage from "Always on the Offensive" when they are dodged even if they already had Advantage.

Wow, they do actually read bug reports. I am impressed

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Here is to hoping the patch due next week does not fix node 12 bug :ohdear:

Also, not sure if this is new but I did not notice it before: swhog.gg has some of the gold gear datamined:

:suicide:

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Aug 1, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I don't play Pokemon Go but the similarities to CG are eerie:

quote:

An unannounced app update over the weekend removed the game's malfunctioning tracking feature and simultaneously blocked third-party tools that helped players hunt down Pokémon and calculate their potential strengths.

quote:

The changes were not welcomed by the community.

quote:

In response to the changes - and to the lack of communication from developer Niantic - players requested refunds for their in-app purchases and flooded the app with negative reviews.

:v:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Asajj should be Sith too, yet she ain't :(

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

quote:

Why aren’t you guys addressing Galactic War? There is a giant thread with over 3k replies!

As we have stated in the past, Galactic War is functioning as intended right now. It is meant to be difficult and take multiple squads to complete.

When are you going to fix Teebo?

We attempted to put a fix in for Teebo a while back, but it instead introduced new bugs for the character. The bug fix required for Teebo goes deeper than the character himself, it involves the stealth mechanic which affects all stealth characters. The game team is still working on the fix for this and it will be ready in a future update.

Are any additional changes going to be made to Mods?

There are currently no plans to make any additional changes to Mods.

Hey, at least you can't say they ignore the questions, right ! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yes, it seems armor was buffed across the board.

quote:

EA_Jesse - EA Forums I've sent a note off to some of the game team asking about this as I am not aware of any changes that were made other than the ones in my update notes. It's 11:37pm on a Friday evening here at the CG office, so I likely won't hear back tonight. As soon as I have an update I'll share on the forums.

Intended? Who knows :v: