Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Yay fives is 5*, tomorrow I hit 76 and him and qgj are about to get their basics upgraded. That should help my poor showing in the raid somewhat at least. Geo is about a week a way from 6* where I assume he will be arena viable. And lastly Rey is a day from 5*.

Looking at that list thank gently caress for the may the 4th thing because I am largely able to have my Jedi team replaced in just a few weeks. If it hadn't been for that event I would be so far behind what I am now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Just started our first T6 raid. Good luck!

Arrrgggg I just finished getting my 4th squad to 5*. Now I am back to two squads again lol I will never have good raid DPS.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Wow slowly dropping Jedi from both my gw and arena teams is making life so much easier. I mean I still run lumi in arena and her and Barris in gw, but having fives and Rey in there just makes it amazingly easier. Having at least two people who can just bash dorku and SIDS heads makes things so much easier.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
For arena how many of you actually have a healer on your team? I have been running healers normally but maybe a tank or another DPS might be better?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Wow that Yoda difficulty reduction was amazing. So now that Yoda is 7* 70 g9 and I am scrimping for space dollars now. So out if my planned arena replacement team of phasma(l), Rey, fives, lumi, Geo phasma and Geo are still needing levels. So at 5 stars each who should I throw my space pennys at first Geo or phasma? With my terribad rng luck they will both hit 6 & 7 stars about the same time. I am torn Geo I know even at 5* is solid damage but phasmas leader ability is really good to. Help me make good choices goons.

As a aside since I already have 86 and qgj at 7* 70+ I may test a assist squad once Geo is big enough. I just have to figure out who would be a good leader for such a team.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I wish I was a whale for just one day so I could try this raid team Fives(L), QGJ, Tuskan Raider, hoth rebel soldier, and mob enforcer. Fives is leader because no one else has a leader ability. This would give you 2 turn meter down on basics(tuskan, and QGJ), 1 slow on basic(Fives), 1 off down on basic(Hoth rebel soldier), 1 def down on basic(mob enforcer). I think that team could do a lot of damage and stay alive for a long rear end time. Hell Fives alone practically doubles your teams damage window. Ahh well the dreams of the space poor.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

Make it Phasma (L) instead of Mob Enforcer because she can get fairly reliable defense down on her basics, and she can dramatically crank up the rate of everyone else's attacks and thus their procs

Oh no I am not actually making that team, I was just theory crafting based on keeping the 3 status up at all times paired with the 2 guys reducing turn meter. That was the team I came up with that had the highest potency to chance ratios. I used the requirement of it being on a basic to maximize up time.

Insomnia is a terrible thing.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
A bit of tinkering has led me to believe there are some break points in the gw/arena matching. At arena power 25,100ish mist of my opponents in gw were 72-74 with high gear levels and full stars. Dropping my arena power to just under 24,000 and my gw had been significantly lower on the low end starting around 65 with the high end still being about 74. So far I only have 2 weeks of each sample so it is hard to say it is not rng. I would probably need another 3 months of testing to actually be sure but :effort: it is working so far for breezy gw 2 weeks running so I guess I will just stick to that power and below.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

two_step posted:

Stock up on droids now, we are apparently all getting the droid event next week (the one that was Android only). You need 3 droids at 2*, 4*, 6* for the 3 different tiers, maybe someone who did it before can chime in with how leveled they have to be.

Unless they changed something last even I did it with hk 88 and 86 all at 6 stars level 60-65, at the end I had magna guard in there as well. But those three had no issues. It would be nice for middle tier, FTP and newer players if they left it like it was.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Well plotted out who I have to divert attention to for the omega weekends. More than a few weekends will be carried by 1-2 7* 77ish. Or I have to level 2 droids to 70, jawa engi to 70 and first order storm trooper to 70 and add a star to him. The droids are 67 so easy. The rest are 55ish so yeah I am so credit hosed.

Fives, and Geo are waiting on credits for their 7th star. Rg, ewok elder, daka, and ig-100 all wait for credits to 6 star.

I have over 7000 training droids and no god drat money.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Since the events in this game seem to want you to have a wide roster what are some of the hidden "good" troops of each category?

Also Biggs and Akbar how are they?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
IGD here with missing the last few raids since they start and are over while I and tab are at work we are but hurting for guild coins and materials.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

I only did 2 of my 5 fights on the last raid and still finished top 3. I think we're ready to try another t6 raid.

That is probably the best thing to try first. I think most of us are near to having at least 2 full teams for that.

∆∆∆ it's not so much whales as a number of us have purpose built raid teams that allow for tons of damage.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 25, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Apparently gw fills out teams based on your best 5s power level, so if youre building up 20 different heroes its gonna be easier because you wont outpace your backup teams and your power level wont be at its theoretical best based on your level.

If you have 5 rly good heroes and a bunch of neglected stuff gw sucks rear end. You have to stop levelling your best 5 for a bit and let your team catch up.

I have been testing this and with tab and ularg help I have all but confirmed that you can manipulate your gw difficulty through your arena teams power. You will still get some "gently caress you" fights but the level spread becomes huge so you get way more easy teams. All you have to do is keep your arena team about 1-2k in power below your gw teams power. From what I can tell it widens the range of teams you are. I will stress this is 1.5 months of testing in my account and just statements that it was easier on theirs so grain of salt and all that.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/43301/community-update-5-27-2016

New event starting soon. Going to be very difficult, 6-7*, level 80, G9+. Can only use clones and Rebels.

Not a lot of F2P options, thinking Ackbar (L), Fives, ST Han, HR Scout, Luke?

Other F2P options include HR Soldier, Biggs, and Lobot. I wonder if they make Leia F2P for this event?

Welp hosed on that event. They also mentioned rebalancing characters based on feedback. I assume they will add more antijedi abilitys, nerf gqj and remove the heal over time from lumis heal. Then buff Sid's dodge and dorkuus damage. Oh almost forgot nerf assaij.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Hk(l), 88, 86, poggle, jawa engi is a rough loving team. They basicly get 2 turns before you get one, then 88 and hk each get a extra attack on aoe(from the turn meter on crit). And now you get to go after 2.5 turns of poggled droids smashing you. This was the 6th node in gw.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

MichiganCubbie posted:

I just got Biggs from a Bronzium. How is he?

This is my third Bronzium character. I feel crazy lucky.

Not a super star but he is farmable And usable. I have him on a assist team led by phasma and he slots in there quite nice. His passive if I remember correctly was indirectly buffed by the addition of protection. He is no qgj/ray/rg where he can be the foundation of a good team but he can out put decent damage and is not terrible by any stretch.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

haha that was probably me

It impressed me enough that I am finishing poggle, while he goes a little slower on turn 1 the combo of their buffs is insane. Paired with a hk with omega leader that pain train does not stop.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

Preach it brother! Droids have some crazy synergy:

- Jawa Engineer gives +25% crit chance for 2 turns and +30% turn meter for the droids
- Poggle gives +50% attack and +25% speed for 3 loving turns aw yeah
- HK-47 leader gives +20% crit chance for all droids and +30% turn meter on crit WHAT. His AoE also adds debuffs everyone which boosts IG-88s crit damage by 10% each!

Basically this means the infamous IG brothers ALWAYS CRIT and you end up with all the turns. IG-88 and HK-47 crit so much with their AoE they get another turn STRAIGHT AWAY. It's sick. The other team sometimes doesn't even get a move!

Hk leader is 50% turn meter on crit when omega level. It's so retarded good with their crit rate. They stack turns so fast it's really amazing, hk and 88 are virtually guaranteed a turn right after aoe, most if not all will get a bonus turn every other turn. I am sure there are lots of ways around the team but it will hurt and somebody's going to die.

Edit to add my droid team is all 6* g9 levels 65-70 they as my b team with poggle and jawa engi have wrecked level 76ish 7* teams with only losing one guy. They have a new classification they don't get to be the b team they just go in and erase a pain in the rear end team.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jun 1, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I got to the 4tg round with only fives being above level 70 it sounds like even if I pack on the levels my team will still be to weak due to low star levels. 4* rex and luke did manage to hold out to see Vader crush them though (both level 65). Poor 45ish Biggs and clone trooper git destroyed in the second round.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Hit a whale team in gw today. Echo, fives, rex, Leia, rg 7* level 68 to my teams 72ish. If you see this team comp kill echo as fast as loving possible. If you can keep him stunned as well. I went in thinking Leia was going to be a issue, nope echo was the real pain in the rear end.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

I run HK lead, IG-88, IG-86, Jawa Engineer and Poggle. The other team sometimes doesn't even get a turn. I managed to claw my way up to 10th place on my shard, even though my only 7 stars are 88 and 86 and I can't be bothered grinding above gear level 8.

Jawa Engi's grenade attack is hilariously useless though. He's so fast that he can throw 3 grenades on the same guy before the first one detonates, but more often someone else has killed them well before that.

In addition to the mentioned crit buff it gives 88(?), It also hits like a loving truck. In gw all I had left at node 12 was phasma, Biggs, qgj, Geo and jawa engi. I had a double stack of them go off in one turn and blow dorku back to wherever he is from. If you swap him in on the savage op challenge a tripple stack will take off half his life. I hate the delay but if you use him to spread the joy by giving all the enemy presents it works really well.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Actually I was wondering are there any particular leaders people would like for the times we can borrow. I mean things like missions and challenges and such? Also how do I insure you get the right leader? I imagine most of us have all the major leaders, but it could help up and coming people by letting them do stuff like not farm dakka early.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

kaschei posted:

Mal said in guild chat that it's your last used leader, period. So I guess, after you're done with arena, do your 3x challenge with the leader you want to donate, or maybe GW?

I have been trying to leave fives or dakka for people to borrow. Or really just any nonstandardized leader.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Hahahahaha success, just by swapping Rey in as my leader on the last challenge I do she has been constantly available to my fiancee on her friends list. I mean sure you don't get any leader effects but you get a 76 6 * g(8 or 9) ray. Hope you guys in my friends list have enjoyed.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

I've gotten more than 25k from her 3rd attack with off up, and I think I've seen her basic crit for about 15k with off up. Also, the computer isn't complete poo poo with her on defense (like trying to use detonators with Greedo...), so that helps.

Yeah at 76 6* g9 I have seen her critical for those kinds of numbers. 88 lead makes her just delete people. I can't wait to see what she can do with a omega leader bobba.

As a middle of the pack guy in igd I can only field 1.5 teams at 7*, most of mine have been spread out getting a good line up of 6 star guys. But I have no issue giving a harder one a try.

Now on to the praise of the Jawa engineer, mine had a 5 stack critical for 100k damage on savage op in the challenge. Tab has hers at 6* and had a triple stack did just shy of 60k crit to the rancor. Seriously get him he does stupid amounts of damage with stacked detonators. Also I omegaed Barris basic because she always gets the assist while ray has to wait her turn.(it's eh, if she is your gw staple it's nice but has no value anywhere else)

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
OK so I found a odd bug. I know it is a bug because it's random as gently caress. Two nights ago in the middle of my galactic war I popped out and did a omega upgrade on Rey. When I jumped back in she had full protection and health. I tried it again with qgj and his basic omega and it gave him full protection and health. I did it again tonight with some non omega upgrades and it worked on 1 out of 4. But the kicker is at mals* suggestion I got some people killed really early. So these last 4 were all dead and it brought one back to life at full health and protection.

I am going to test a bit more on a different installation to see if something is just buggy in my install.

* or raven

xyigx fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jun 18, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

Yeah I love that little freak. My only issue is that him and Poggle get the droids so juiced up that the other team usually dies before the detonators get a chance to go off. It's a bit weird to make them trigger after 1 turn, especially on slow guys like chewie. I'd like to change them to trigger on the coming turn but maybe that's OP.

Yeah I just stack them on whoever I don't want to have the hassle.of killing and by the time I would need to jobs done. Like I will stack their lumi if they have one while busting down the dps. They have a rg no problem just keep stacking on him. Takes a 4 stack critical to blow him from full to dead. He is going on rancor duty soon as he hits 6*.

My rancor main team needs a couple to hit 7 before I could say I have a good team. But I can field a OK one i think. Right now my starter team is phasma (l), qgj, Geo, Biggs and Rey. Rey Geo and Biggs need one more star. Though I am looking for a new assist caller with something good on the basic.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Rancor clears all debuffs when door goes up.

It only clears the ones that would not have detonated that turn for me. The rest go off you can sometimes see the explosion as it does the dramatic pan of the door.

Now I did try him on a door button reset team today with astounding success. Basically it was him and all assist callers. I would rather have happened phasma lead but she is on a door team. With a bit of luck he has been averaging 200k damage. I am thinking of getting the Tuscan raider to try his assist plus turn meter down on basic. I am thinking phasma(l), qgj, Tuscany, jawa... and who else has a basic with something handy.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Jerkface posted:

Dev post on scoundrel event:

Hmm, not sure if thats worth to build a scoundrel team just to farm. So once per week, you get a shot at 240k for a lovely team and 500k for a beast team?

My chewie is at 60/g7, and all my other scoundrels are either not unlocked or lvl 45/g6. 500k is like... 3 levels in the 60s/70s. So pumping up enough scoundrels to farm the event, I would then have to farm it for like a year to make back any costs. credit crunch ahhh!!!

Yeah but putting together a serviceable squad for the level 50 event would be trivial. At least there you will recoup the investments quite quickly. Heck you may even have enough already. Then let the event pay for its own upgrades. Or have it help pay for whatever teams your building.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Look i haven't played with chewie since before the peo meta. If you played the game at any length you probably have chewie at 45-50 by accident. I have had both cad bane and mob enforcer open from packs. What I am saying is most anyone who has player for a few months probably have half or all of them by accident by now. And chances are fairly good you have or can have one powered up guy and chewie carry the lowest cost to open tools through the 50th level one. Probably wouldn't cost more than 1 million (remember you only need them high enough to beat level 50 toons). So at the slowest your investment is paid in two months.

Gearing a squad for the 70 one, we'll that is a waste of time and gear unless you are or were already building a scoundrel squad. last I looked it took either 2.5 or 3.5 mil to take a toons from 1 to 70, so if you had to do that on more than one it would take 10 weeks at 2.5m(spent) for just 2 toons. And none of that even counts gearing.

All of course easy for me to say since I was building a scoundrel team on the side and will have no issues with probably either version. But those are the rough estimates of ROI on this event.

Plus a lot of the downsides to these toons are mitigated by the fight length of the raid. Detonators actually go off in this one place in the game.

Also of some small note my tests have shown it is a totally random bug. Sometimes when you upgrade a skill the character is returned to a unharmed state in gw. This can rarely go so far as to resurrect dead team members. But again it is super loving random and will probability never work when you need it.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

Go into Guilds > Raids and then back out again, this always makes the reward show up for me. You can do something similar to get arena rewards to show up.

Also, the issue that was causing multiple rewards was related to an update they were doing, basically a 90 minute window, so don't worry about collecting rewards going forward.

Holy poo poo that worked. loving hell I missed half my raid rewards because poo poo never shows up.

I must say I like how the event's are being structured now, with the tiering that let's even below 80's get some rewards. Plus it gives them a nice way to pad your ranks with toons in addition to the monthly guy. Probably not hurting their sales one bit either. Might even be helping sales as people get a taste of chromium only toons.

My 7 star teams are going a bit slowly to get there, I just keep finding new people who are good in the raid but just need that one or two stars. Though I must have done something since I had 2.2m yesterday and now have a little over 200k. Someday I will know what ambient bought for me.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Jerkface posted:

I actually just switched to Andy OS instead. I played around with genymotion for a bit but then realized that it doesn't have native google app support and getting the 6.0 open google apps package to work was getting to be a pain in the rear end.

Andy OS so far I'm liking it more than Blue Stacks

Hmm I will have to give Andy OS a try since my bluestacks decided to commit suicide. Oddly it still works flawlessly on my gf's copy of bluestacks.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
My team got one lovely door round in and he stood up and did the aoe and crited my entire team in one shot. I should have been able to get at least double the damage if not for that.

Also lol at the new event. Everyone talked about how great it was that they had tiers for most of the player base. So what do they do on the very next event? The run it like the one everyone was pissed about not being able to do.

^^^^^ That gw payout he talked about better be 150k + what we get now since gw pays out far better than that and even then it is poo poo scaling. You should be getting more of everything as you level up. If it weren't for the roughly 500k and crystals I would never do gw unless I had a new toons to collect.

So I opened a set of chromiums(yes I know bad idea but sometimes it's fun) since I was at like 3k+ crystals and got zam. So Uhh do chromiums every show up in the shard shop? She seems like the missing link between scoundrels and arena viable.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
4% left it's almost done. Thank you fellow goons for the assistance. Remember when your testing your t7 I and many others will be there to help if needed. Heck I might even have a team worth a poo poo then lol.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Yeah. I'm going to start another at 9am tomorrow. The general plan will be to start between 9 and 11 am on days where we have enough guild coins.

Well on t7 always now or some t6?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

So mods are like gear, except you can pick stats?

Neat, prepare for Rey with ++++++offense mods critting for 50k.

I mean, the gear system is already half-broken, with characters getting basically random stats and instead of reworking it they are just going to pile up on it...

Yeah this seems like a great idea that will bite them in the rear end. I mean on paper it looks like a great way for people to get to use alternates. Instead it will just be the same dumb toons with the annoyance meter turned up to 11. Like you said suddenly we have super Rey, the immortal royal guard, Lando the human extinction event(he will probably be the only new part to the meta besides a speed hopped up ventress). But yeah I predict 90% of it will just be dudes stacking dodge on dorku and poo poo like that.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Davethulhu posted:

Reminder to use up your cantina energy before 4 or so Pacific time, double rewards will be ending around then.

Yeah I wish they would have gave us some kind of warning about that. I mean I still can't complain to much as I got almost 70 Lando shards while it was going. Probably could have finished his 7th star if I hadn't spent a bunch of cantina points a couple hours before they turned it on.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

iGestalt posted:

Watch the Door Panel start dodging again. I don't trust them not to break something while changing this.

LOL I am not even worried about the bugs. It's things like speed and damage stacked Reys. Royal guards stacking dodge and health. Damage stacked on fives or dooku. I am 99% sure it will break what little balance this game has. Hopefully I am wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Inkel posted:

I'm down with trying a T6 to at least see if we can complete it in a reasonable amount of time. I'll ask in guild chat if anyone who is active in raiding (seems like we alway sit at 30-35) does not have at least one 6*.

For those guys in IGD who have alt accounts with high level chars (I'm gonna guess that's Malgrin and yig), would you guys be willing to maybe dump your alts in GGA? If we can get a few more heavy hitters, we should be able to get through T6 raids.

LOL I wish I had a alt account. It's just me and my fiancee.

Speaking of raid things, since I am 90% done with building my scoundrel team what are the "primo" ftp door peeps? I know Teabo who is about half way to 7 stars, but who else are the superstars of p1. By the end of this week I should be 7 star on both Geo and 86 as well. Oh yeah and Lando the human extinction event got his 7th star today had him in a challenge with both 88 and Boba leads, it was magical.

Oh yes and to further the church of the Jawa engineer, his(probably all) thermal detonators do not provoke counter attacks. So those big gently caress you nodes with a level 80 g10+ fives, yeah he dies while I kill everything else. Works the same with dooku they just don't count as a attack I guess. So you never have to deal with those two nuisances head on as long as you have a 5+ star je with ok gear.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 12, 2016