Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Maybe we can set a more or less standard raid start time? Or at least a cutoff where we don't start after a certain time? I'm west coast so I'm not personally impacted, but I can see east coast folks not wanting a raid to start after, say, midnight their time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Even whales aren't unbeatable:

That's gear X Ben, GS, and Rey, and gear 9 QGJ and RG.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Dr. Venture posted:

What is your arena team?

6^ Dooku (L), 6* Rey, 6* Daka, 5* RG, 7* QGJ. Everyone but Dooku is gear 9. Omega basics on QGJ and Daka.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So my whale is on twitter

https://twitter.com/TweetTromp/status/728529118438916096

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
My primary arena team are all gear 9 at this point. This required 3 pre-crafted parts and 2 shipment furnace purchases. In all likelihood my first gear 10 will probably be fives, since his gear nine didn't require a blocking part, and i have one pre-crafted part left.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Mr. Neutron posted:

This. 200$ is not enough to go full chromium whale so if you really want to spend it, get that pack if you still can then go for gems only.

I've read that if you drop $200 into crystals, and then spend them on the current Arodium(sp?) character (Wedge), you will get enough shards to 7* him. Not that I'm recommending this, but if you absolutely want a 7* non-farmable character, that's the way to do it.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

rabidsquid posted:

So I had something unusual happen tonight. In the second to last GW fight I got a character shard. Is this new? Did I just get tremendously lucky (it was a snowtrooper shard so lmao on that if so)? Have I just been really unlucky to have never gotten one before the final battle in GW before?

I've gotten a shard from the 10th fight. You're guaranteed one on the 12th, but there's a small chance to get them on earlier fights as well.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

xyigx posted:

For arena how many of you actually have a healer on your team? I have been running healers normally but maybe a tank or another DPS might be better?

At the top end, the only healer you'll see on arena teams is daka, and she's really there for stuns rather than heals.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Dr. Venture posted:

So what changed with Fives? Does this mean I should stop doing his hard nodes?

He won't double attack with his omega level basic on the turn he applies speed down. So a bit less double attacking. I'm going to keep farming him, he's super tanky and it's still a strong ability.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So. I'd like to advocate for a slightly later raid start time. For me the rancor was down to 75% of stage 4 when I checked in at 7:45 am. Maybe a morning pacific time start rather than at rollover?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

FelixReynolds posted:

Yeah mentioned this is chat the other day but wanted to throw this up here as well for IGD raid times - can we please rotate on a 36 hour schedule? This last T5 dropped in less than 8 hours.

I only managed to get 3 of my 5 fights in by being leaving for work 15 minutes late. Rancor was down by the time I got to work.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

What are these upcoming coruscant and bespin omega battle events? Do I need coruscant cop?

It's the return of the omega material event. I'm not sure at this point which units will be needed.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Disco De Soto posted:

Who did you need for the last event?

Ok I did some searching. During the last event, the character list for Bespin was:
Dooku, Lumi, Fives, Reistance Trooper, Nightsister Acolyte, Ahsoka, Coruscant Underworld Police, Jawa, Veers, Nute Gunray, Hoth Rebel Scout

At the time you just had to have three at 3*. Requirements will probably be higher this time.

The character list for Coruscant was:
Sidious, Jedi Consular, HK-47, Eeth Koth, Nightsister Initiate, Anakin, Datcha, Old Ben, First Order Stormtrooper, Greedo, and Tusken Raider

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
I haven't been able to try because I just got him, but will Yoda's tenacity buff allow you to resist the death mark?

Also, Yoda's back in 20 days.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Arcturas posted:

New player question here: when do I get the ability to change my name? I missed my chance early on for some reason, and don't really want to be known as Mol Eliza forevermore. I am player level 23, so I barely unlocked guilds and allies (and sent an invite request to Qui GoonJinn, which I imagine will be denied until my name is something different). There's no little pencil next to my name on my player screen, though I hear that's where it is supposed to be?

Tap on the Player Level bar in the upper left corner. You should see your name with a pencil next to it. Tap the pencil to change your name. First time is free, after which it costs some number of crystals.

Edit: if there's no pencil, it's possible that you gave your age as <13 when you created your account. In that case you're outta luck.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

cowofwar posted:

Do the rewards for the droid event ever get good? They seem to be pure poo poo.

up until the last tier, it's just a training droid, some credits, and a random jawa shard. the last tier is pretty good, but it's also very hard. I feel that all of the tiers that give a shard are worth doing, but they're not spectacular

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Chilichimp posted:

Maybe we need to tell our FOUR loving MILLION DAMAGE whales to calm the gently caress down and save some attempts for later that night... or we need to start earlier... or maybe we need to do another T6, because we've got 10+ guys who are all hitting in the millions range.

I only did 2 of my 5 fights on the last raid and still finished top 3. I think we're ready to try another t6 raid.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

two_step posted:

What team? I am working on getting my Teebo leveled up, and want to figure out who else I should be working on.

Most likely an omega basic QGJ. While I didn't put his numbers on the board, I also used an omega basic Fives and 2 heavy hitters (Rey and Geo soldier).

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Avail posted:

Man raids are a pain. T5 is over so fast it's hard to get two turns in, and my T6 squad just did 833 dmg I believe before wipe.

I feel there is far too much of a difficulty gap between the two, or I'm just terrible at this game. Yeah, it's probably just that.

The folks who were blowing out the guard section of the T5 fights have done a good job dealing with it in T6. It's almost done. Past experience is that the Rancor is simpler for teams not oriented to fighting the guards. I think there's a good chance of clearing this in 2 days.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

WerrWaaa posted:

Critique my Arena team!

Currently I'm level 62 running Phasma (L), Luminara, Daka, Geo Soldier, and Sidius

Sod for heal immunity on the target I want to focus on, some healers, Phasma for the statuses and occasional assist. I win most every game by miles, but I'm still hovering in the 100s on my shard because I don't refresh arena fights. The only other team that has worked as well was that with Rey in place of Sid, but I get really frustrated every time I missed my target by just a little an watched them get healed to full.

Thoughts and changes?

Most top end teams don't run healers at all, barring Daka for stuns. You're going to find that Sid's value starts diminishing as the opposing team's tenacity increases. Keep levelling Rey.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

amazing

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jerkface posted:

Dengar, that mummy gently caress

Crude and slovenly. The gooniest star wars character.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Here are the release notes:

quote:

Greetings,
Here are the update notes for today.
Characters
Dengar is the daily login character for June.
B2 Super Battle Droid is the new Aurodium Pack character. Aurodium packs are now available to all players level 30 and higher regardless of spend.
General
There is now an achievement for joining a Guild.
Fixed the naming conventions and icons for Gear Salvage pieces acquired from Raids.
Leaderboards have been updated to display top 3 Guilds from the previous month.
Bug Fixes
Fixed the description on the Sinister Laugh ability for General Grievous.
Abilities that apply Speed Up will now properly overwrite Speed Down debuffs.
Ewok Elder will now properly clear all debuffs when using his Tribal Healer abilitiy.
Sun Fac will now properly use his taunt when controlled by the AI.
A buff now appears for Admiral Ackbar’s Tactical Genius effect.
Characters who did not have abilities that did special damage but had Gear pieces that gave boosts to special damage have had those gear pieces changed out for pieces without the special damage bonuses.
Players can no longer reset their Raid attempts by moving their device clock forward.
Rey now properly gains offense up when fighting the Rancor after using Leverage while having the Morale buffs received after destroying the door panel.
Fixed a bug where Greedo would sometimes cause the game to crash.
Asajj Ventress no longer receives the buff from her Rampage ability when the door panel is defeated in the Rancor Raid.
Stages for Light Side Stage 8 Hard difficulty can now be properly refreshed with Crystals.

Note that the bit about special damage gear doesn't appear to actually have made it into the release.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

MichiganCubbie posted:

All hail Ewoks!

Should we be pulling these packs? I know you aren't supposed to do Chromium since you can't farm, but what about this one? I assume you can't farm this either, but it looks like you get a lot more.

arodium characters are only in the shop for a month or so, which means if you don't pull enough to 7* the character, you're stuck.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Took a shot at the new event. I got to the final round before getting pecked to death by the royal guards, but I feel it's totally doable with my current team. You definitely need ST Han, and you probably also need Ackbar lead. The rest of my team was a high geared fives, a reasonable Luke, and a severly underlevelled Biggs. I'll be getting 7* on both Fives and Ackbar tomorrow, so we'll see how things go.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

rabidsquid posted:

Did the join a guild achievement give a lot of crystals or did I pocket buy 200 crystals because I have about 200 unaccounted for crystals since the other day

It gave 100, I think.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

oops wrong forum posted:

I finished this with 6* lvl 70 AA Lead, 7* 80 STHan, 7* 80 Fives, 6* 70 Luke and comedy 3* Biggs. Omega'd Fives is the star of the show for the last match, the 4 RGs are super annoying but he took them all down little by little while I plinked Palpatine down with Luke and AA, STHan went down to Palpatine's first shot. You get 10 Vader shards and 5000 Ally points for finishing, not too shabby

You motivated me to give it another go. Managed to finish it after 5-6 more tries. Team was 6* lvl 70 Ackbar, 6* lvl 80 Fives, 7* lvl 72 Han, 6* lvl 70 Luke, and 5* lvl 50 Biggs. Biggs died on the way and Palpy killed Han, the rest survived.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The team that scares me the most is one with Old Ben (L) and ST Han. If you let Han get his taunt off, he's immediately followed by Ben's massive debuff (which includes ability block and offense down), so you can't dispel the taunt and you end up softly tapping Han. At this point I usually end up selecting my maximum stun team (Dooku, Daka, RG) and hope that I manage to get one of them suppressed.

Also, because there's an achievement for the Imperial event, I'm sure it'll return. The Yoda event will be back tomorrow.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Hughlander posted:

Honestly I don't fear that team too much. I run Dooku, Rey, QGJ, RG, Dakka, (your max stun team I guess) and I find St Han squishy that he just gets taken out fast. I usually just stun the opposing QGJ with Dooku because everyone runs QGJ and then kill St Han. If he taunts it's usually after his protection is gone. Sometimes I'll stun him but usually not. (And never stun him on a team with RG and ST Han)

Yeah that's my identical team. At least one of the guys on my server is running a gear 11 Han, who has about 34k combined protection/health. With Ben leader, if you whiff a hit against him, he'll get enough meter to taunt right away.

IMO people who run both Han and RG are dumb. With an evasion leader they have crap damage.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Just got my first character to gear 11 - QGJ. At level 80 7* he has a bit over 30k combined health/protection and 240% potency. Every gear slot at this point is a placeholder, so he's done until the next level cap.

I'm also happy that we're having this lull, since I've had a bunch of characters hit 7* and I'm also trying to push my important non-arena ones from 70 where they were stalled before the last level cap increase.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Found a good write-up for T7 raids:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4nh3pt/tier_7_raid_strategy_for_maximum_damage/

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
It's better than cantina shipments at least :shrug:

Edit: also now newbies can start with her rather than sid

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jerkface posted:

The guard creaming my entire team before QGJ got his turn is what made me think of this idea in the first place don't @ me :colbert:

If your team is prepared to take on the door guards, you can rack up a lot of score. If you're not, you're probably better off letting others clear the guards, so you can save yourself the frustration.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Update notes:

quote:

Characters
Princess Leia is no longer Chromium Pack exclusive. Princess Leia shards will be available in the Arena Store.
Zam Wesell is the new Chromium exclusive character. Zam is a lightning fast Scoundrel attacker that inflicts Evasion Down and detonates bombs.
Events
Force Champion Events begin on Thursday June 16th. These limited time events will be available at levels 55, 65 and 75 and will have you overcome 4 different battles to earn both credits and shards of members of the Jedi Order. The first event will be Force Champions: Aayla Secura. Make sure your squad is ready for the return of the Grand Master’s Training by completing the Force Champions events!
General
Enabled the Level 80 reached lifetime achievement and added + 3 Omega Mats
Mk 5 Arakyd Droid Callers will start to appear in PvE Shipments for 1400 Crystals. They will have a chance to appear there for 2 weeks.
Balance adjustments have been made to Galactic War which should result in it not taking as long to complete.
Bug Fixes
Yoda can only grant positive effects to allies using Battlemaster’s Meditation. No buffs are shared with allies unless Meditation is used and Yoda has that buff.
Fixed a bug where Grand Master Yoda's Masterstroke ability grants Offense Up if used against an enemy leader Poggle the Lesser. Grand Master Yoda's Masterstroke ability should now only grant himself visible buff present on enemies.
Sun Fac's "Spiteful Strike" ability deals 15% more damage after the Omega upgrade. Bug fixed where he could potentially deal more than 15%.
Fixed a bug with Rey’s reverse lookup when tapping on the Assault Battles: Military Might event but not having reached level 78 to unlock the event.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/47335/game-update-6-15-2016#latest

Reminder that you won't see Leia in the shop until it rolls over

It's not clear in the notes, but droid callers in shipments will be replacing furnaces, and in 2 weeks will be replaced by one of the other gear items. I for one will be saving all my crystals for scanners, because gently caress those things.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
In an effort to help plan for an eventual T7 raid, I've added a column for 7 Star Teams. Put in the number of five man teams of 7* characters you can field. Maybe count one more if you have four leftovers.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Rancor clears all debuffs when door goes up.

he doesn't clear Damage over Time.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

rabidsquid posted:

so i just got my raid rewards for the second time. the second set of rewards were not as good as the first. if they really are just accidentally a second set of rewards, cool. if my earlier rewards were rolled back, not cool.

There's apparently a bug that makes this exploitable. Don't keep doing it, there were posts of people on the official forums doing it 200x and getting their account suspended.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

rabidsquid posted:

I don't even know what I did. When the new raid started I went and looked at it to get the inbox message to go away and it sent me a second reward. It has never done that before and afaik i didn't do anything different to cause it this time.

I'm sure you're fine. There was apparently a way to consistently reproduce it, and a number of people exploited it, and then found that their accounts were suspended.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/48997/raid-reward-bug/p1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Jibo posted:

I have a hard enough time getting my single raid reward to show up.

Go into Guilds > Raids and then back out again, this always makes the reward show up for me. You can do something similar to get arena rewards to show up.

Also, the issue that was causing multiple rewards was related to an update they were doing, basically a 90 minute window, so don't worry about collecting rewards going forward.