Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
From what you guys are saying about high level Galactic War, it sounds like I should enjoy myself while I can (I'm level 65). The key seems to be having a good B Team but I guess that can be expensive to maintain.

Yes I meet Sid in every battle, and yes he loving SUCKS. He's the perfect counter to my Jedi heal team. I feel like he's just a little overpowered, like maybe his dodge is too high or his healing immunity lasts too long. It's another reason why I love my IG-86 - he can usually gently caress Sids poo poo up.

This game really needs some sith-killers to counter Sid, Vader, Doku etc. Maybe a new droid like R2-D2 can be an anti-sith healer debuff-remover type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

When it says "In addition, he has +10% critical damage" in an ability description is that a constant 10% bonus or is it related to the rest of the ability like +10% for each jaws/droid ally?

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 6, 2016

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Does anyone have the Jawa Engineer yet? Seems like he might be good for my droid team, especially with that revive.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

The title screen almost put me off the game before trying it. Just the way everyone is slightly "off" makes it look really amateurish.

From center to right: Short-armed Vader, downs-syndrome Chewie, too-much-plastic-surgery Han, rape-face Windu, football-head Yoda.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Malgrin posted:

I also went down the path of Poe, Poggle, IG-88/86.

Man don't put down the droids! I know it's not optimal min/maxing, but holy poo poo the droids are an INSANE team.

HK-47 leadership means they gain a crit bonus and turn meter on critical hit. When IG-88 uses his AoE he usually crits enough to instantly get a second turn. Same with IG-100, who everyone says sucks but his 30% enemy turn meter drain makes it even more ridiculous. IG-86 is my first and only 7* because he ALWAYS crits and his tagteam attack does +75% crit damage for both attackers. I was doing some Dark Side missions and the enemy team didn't even get a chance to make a move!

And that's without Poggle! I only just unlocked him, so it's just gonna get even more bananas with his offense and speed up boosts. I'm going for the Jawa Engineer as well, looks like he could add to the madness.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Mr. Neutron posted:

I love droid teams in arena, my Jedi kill IG-88 before any of the droids get a turn, then Poggle buffs/Poe taunts, they shoot some, then Yoda steals their offense up and speed up, shares them with the rest, Mace dispels Poe´s taunt and it´s over :smug:

Yes yes, my Jedi team is still my A team but man with the Jawa Engineer everyone on TEAM DROID SUPREMACY will probably get 2-3 turns before the computer.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Hughlander posted:

Auto all the fights and let RNGesus be your guide.

This guy knows what's up. Just put it on auto and check back in 2 minutes. Let the game jerk itself off.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

antisocial86 posted:

I'm new to this game and I have already started farming shards for an ewok team which I will use for everything I possibly can except dark side battles which I don't care about. All 4 fluffy bears plus I don't know who for the last slot. For everything. Is this a bad idea?

Yeah go crazy. There's no way to actually win this game so just play it how you want. I wish there were enough Jawas for a team :(

I hate ewoks but they have really good team synergy.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Skilleddk posted:

I got nothing to spend arena / gal war / cantina shipments on. I've been collecting some HK-74 and IG-86 droid shards, to maybe make a droid team. And been spending my cantina / hardmode battles making a first order team (Kylo Ren / First order TIE Pilot)

Droid supremacy! Poggle is another one you could collect for them. They aren't the best team but they're fun.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I added myself to the spreadsheet - i'm stuck in a pubbie guild full of Russians right now and they are pretty useless. Save me! https://swgoh.gg/u/de_soto/

I had the craziest GW fight yesterday. Boba Fett was the last guy standing in the enemy team and he self-revived SEVEN loving TIMES IN A ROW it became almost comical in the end. Made me think of that Chumbawamba song.

EDIT: Is there room in Goongan Grand Army? If there is i'll leave my crappy guild - just in the middle of a raid now.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 09:06 on May 13, 2016

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Inkel posted:

Yep, we still have a few slots left. I got your ally request, so as soon as you drop your current guild, I can invite you.

Awesome, thanks. Just give me a couple days to finish this raid.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Chilichimp posted:

the idea with daka is to rez someone if they die, not necessarily to heal anyone.

Talia is your darkside mission healer.

And Talia is a lovely healer. Best to focus on DPS instead.

I'm running a droid team with HK as leader and they get so many extra turns that you don't need a healer.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Am I right in thinking that any time they add a new character they will be hard to unlock? Like, do they ever just add a new character to the GW store?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Jenny Angel posted:

QGJ is not in fact full at the moment, so please send me an application request and I'll get you in

I'll send you a request. I also sent one to GGA so someone please save me from the Russians!

EDIT: joined The Goongan Grand Army cheers!

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 17, 2016

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

So does anyone else have a secret shame character - one you spend way too much time and resources on even though they suck?

I just got IG-100 Magnaguard to 5 star and nearly gear 8. He really is quite useless, I just like the pretty purple sparkles :allears:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Any idea how they might integrate spaceships into this? Maybe it's just a tease and they'll never get around to it, since it seems like it would be a lot of :effort:

I don't think it would work to use them as a bombers during normal battles, that would just mess up the balance even more. But since that would require the least effort on their part that's probably what they'll do. They don't even have to make models for the ships since they'll be off-screen!

I guess they could use the combat format we have now, but instead of characters we have small fighter ships and instead of fighting on a plant it's in space. You'd assign a character to each fighter for a certain bonus, which is where the pilot characters would be useful. We could have a new raid event where you battle against one big capital ship.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

iGestalt posted:

That's what I expected. Or they'll have different sizes of ships, and you can use your characters to 'man' them. Yoda sitting on a turret in the Falcon while a Pig Guard flys it, and Sidious is repairing the engine.

Man that would be cool to have bigger ships with multiple character slots, but sounds like way too much effort for the developers. The scale of the ships is gonna be pretty funky.

EDIT: Ooooh wait the guild gets a capital ship as a base, with each person getting a slot on the bridge or turret. Then you could launch an attack on another guild's capital ship base with your fighter squads.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 10:01 on May 18, 2016

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Maybe everyone just gets a cool hat that looks like a spaceship and lights up

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

kaschei posted:

The datamined ship data had effects on combat (like leader abilities sort of) as well as assist-like abilities where you called your team's ship in to attack.

I think some of the janky characters (Biggs, Plo, JKAnakin) only have halfkits because of ships.

Wow didn't realize there was a long list of all the ships they had in mind: https://swgoh.gg/characters/unobtainable/

I know it doesn't mean much but some of the ships have descriptions that make it sound like they will be a separate battle mode.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Davethulhu posted:

It's the return of the omega material event. I'm not sure at this point which units will be needed.

Who did you need for the last event?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

cowofwar posted:

Cool, if it's only three toons then I have all six covered at 7*

But it'll probably be a random selection of different characters right? I only have 24/83 unlocked, let alone starred up, so my chances aren't good :(

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

^^ haha smoke droids erry day

oops wrong forum posted:

On another note the more I use Jawa Engineer the more I think once people start 6* and 7*ing him we will see Droids come back. He's so fast he will go before anyone with 3+ Droids in the team, where you immediately Crit Up everyone and give them 40% TM, and HK Lead just racks up the attacks before the opponent can do much. I think the team definitely still needs a taunter to keep him alive, and I don't know if the lack of tricks for pure power will work on Defense, but I'm encouraged!

That's good to hear! I almost have him unlocked. My droid team is so much fun - terrible on defense but crazy good on attack. Sometimes the opponent doesn't even get a move.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Nearly unlocked the Jawa Engineer, really wanna roll a Jawa squad but they seem pretty useless unless you're up against droids. Makes sense I guess. I guess a Jawa/Ewok little creepy little people team is doable.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Not sure what i've done different but GW has always been a fun 25-30 minutes for me. Maybe min/maxing has something to do with it? I just unlock whatever characters I think are fun, rather than optimizing.

The only weird thing is that every now and then the fourth-to-last battle is crazy hard. I sometimes have to sacrifice my B and C teams to get past that - once past the rest isn't usually a problem.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Any idea how the ally system works? Does it just show the leader or best character from your ally's roster, or does it mix it up sometimes? Cause all I'm seeing now is Phasma, Phasma, Phasma, Phasma, Sid, Phasma, Phasma, Doku, Phasma...

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Grimlook posted:

Hello all

Just added myself to the spreadsheet. I suck at the game but I love to catch'em all. I know it's probably the worst strategy, but I don't want to pay for this game anyway. I'm a cheap bastard

Don't think it's possible to catch'em all without paying :( the newer characters are usually pay only to start with.

But welcome!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Slightly Toasted posted:

We've probably been less diligent about tracking our members in the spreadsheet but we're actually full up at the moment. There may be an inactive purge in the near future though.

My son accidentally kicked me out of GGA can someone invite me back in? Guess I lose the raid progress >:(

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

xyigx posted:

Hk(l), 88, 86, poggle, jawa engi is a rough loving team. They basicly get 2 turns before you get one, then 88 and hk each get a extra attack on aoe(from the turn meter on crit). And now you get to go after 2.5 turns of poggled droids smashing you. This was the 6th node in gw.

haha that was probably me

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

xyigx posted:

It impressed me enough that I am finishing poggle, while he goes a little slower on turn 1 the combo of their buffs is insane. Paired with a hk with omega leader that pain train does not stop.

Preach it brother! Droids have some crazy synergy:

- Jawa Engineer gives +25% crit chance for 2 turns and +30% turn meter for the droids
- Poggle gives +50% attack and +25% speed for 3 loving turns aw yeah
- HK-47 leader gives +20% crit chance for all droids and +30% turn meter on crit WHAT. His AoE also adds debuffs everyone which boosts IG-88s crit damage by 10% each!

Basically this means the infamous IG brothers ALWAYS CRIT and you end up with all the turns. IG-88 and HK-47 crit so much with their AoE they get another turn STRAIGHT AWAY. It's sick. The other team sometimes doesn't even get a move!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Cool that we got another droid. What's the chance of getting the character from the Aurodium Card rather than just shards?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Tier IV at the moment.

GGA is the chillest of guilds :cool:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

I run HK lead, IG-88, IG-86, Jawa Engineer and Poggle. The other team sometimes doesn't even get a turn. I managed to claw my way up to 10th place on my shard, even though my only 7 stars are 88 and 86 and I can't be bothered grinding above gear level 8.

Jawa Engi's grenade attack is hilariously useless though. He's so fast that he can throw 3 grenades on the same guy before the first one detonates, but more often someone else has killed them well before that.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

kaschei posted:

Its purpose is to increase 88's damage.

How does it do that? Does it debuff at high levels?

VVV Ah so the unexploded grenade counts as a debuff? Huh

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 9, 2016

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Looks like they're adding Dengar to the Battlefront game, and A couple of days ago I saw a new Lego set with him. Why? Is he the star of the next movie or something?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Malgrin posted:

When you consider all those characters, does it really seem that strange that Dengar was just added? Oh yeah, and then there's another random scoundrel from the Clone Wars being added in the next patch.

Yeah but why in Battlefield? That game doesn't have as many random characters so why'd they do the Dengar? And then the timing of the Lego figure too it all seems like it's for a reason. Just curious.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Malgrin posted:

Battlefront? That is more convincing then, yeah, there's a decent chance he's in this movie. After reading more about him, I'm pretty sure he'll play a prominent role in Han Solo's movie too.

Oh right yeah makes more sense for him to be in the solo Solo movie.

I don't know how you guys have the patience to get to gear 10, gear 8 was bad enough for me.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Maybe when they have a bit more variation to the raids it wont be as tedious for me. When is this tank thing supposed to drop?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

That sounds like an awful lot of work. Don't know how you have the patience, they badly need some variation in the raids.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

xyigx posted:

Now on to the praise of the Jawa engineer, mine had a 5 stack critical for 100k damage on savage op in the challenge. Tab has hers at 6* and had a triple stack did just shy of 60k crit to the rancor. Seriously get him he does stupid amounts of damage with stacked detonators. Also I omegaed Barris basic because she always gets the assist while ray has to wait her turn.(it's eh, if she is your gw staple it's nice but has no value anywhere else)

Yeah I love that little freak. My only issue is that him and Poggle get the droids so juiced up that the other team usually dies before the detonators get a chance to go off. It's a bit weird to make them trigger after 1 turn, especially on slow guys like chewie. I'd like to change them to trigger on the coming turn but maybe that's OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Sometimes I'm too lazy to switch targets but it's probably more effective to spread the love, especially if you have IG-88 in your team since he gets a bonus for every dude with a red square.

I use Engi on my main Rancor team but one weird thing is that if you stack the detonators on him when he's stuck under the door, the stack seems to disappear after the door opens.