Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
Hopefully slightly toasted or electric sheep still read this thread. I put myself in the spreadsheet for the going an army a few weeks ago and forgot all about it. Just remembered, and added both of them for a guild invite. I had been in a guild with a friend but they've done tier 5 4times in a row and it takes like a week to get through even that. Need more gear level 9 bits :negative:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

I've seemingly hit a brick wall in progress on getting my characters to gear level 9. Basically I think I need something like 300 mk5 Fusion furnace shards, and 300 mk5 droid callers and that's to get 8 different characters to gear level 9. After 6 tier 5, & 3 tier 4 raids I am the proud owner of 24 fusion furnace parts, and 0 droid caller parts :suicide:. This is going to take months, I see some other players in arena with gear level 10 QGJ, 10 GS, 9 RG, 10 LU, and a 9 rey, and I'm simply stumped as to how they've got so much stuff. Are they burning through crystals to get them? or are they in a guild that is all lvl80s with 7* teams rolling t6/heroic every couple of days?. I've currently got nightsister initiate and yoda at gear level 9 and that's only because niether required a piece of gear that was raid only :sigh:.

At least I have 600 MkV sorosub keypads I guess :confuoot:

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Well the previous patch did say they made GW easier so I'm not complaining. It was a chore to do GW when you were facing 7* level 80 teams from like node 4 onwards.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Malgrin posted:

Because GW already wasn't hosed enough, I gotta fight 6?

Is that Bariss in the floor? :psyduck: Could she attack? Could you target them?

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

G11 dooku, rey, qgj, gs, lumi for my last GW node today :suicide:. That's after something similar yesterday and the day before. I don't think I'm going to be able to clear a galactic war again till they stealth nerf it again. I cannot understand what their thinking is they nerfed like 3 months ago, then buffed it then nerfed it again the patch before last, then stealth buffed it again to its current state. Put it back to how it was before the current buff, if they want to add a challenge to it, make it one team only for the whole war instead of giving me teams of 7* g11 lv80 gently caress you teams that 3 full 7*lv80 g8 teams can't loving beat.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Anybody got any suggestion on who I should go for next in GW? I already have lumi, initiate, teebo, 86,& phasma.I was thinking either cad, poggle or dathca, but am not really sure who to go for, I've already got cad at 4 star somehow so I was leaning towards him.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

I wondered why I'd been given a bunch of stuff including an omega, I had no issue with cantina energy registering today or yesterday so yay for free stuff.

Is it me or is that resistance power up pack for 1100 crystal their worst value pack ever? Not including the hilarious character packs for cash mind.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Are we doing the one 0 damage boop on the rancor for the 1st 12 hours. I'd be interested in seeing if we can coordinate enough to try the tied loot split theory. I only read about after someone else had already jumped the gun.

Edit:welp looks like at least 3 people don't read the thread anyway.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Aug 14, 2016

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

cowofwar posted:

Worst part is how Lando unlocks at 2*.

Wait, what? He needs 80 shards to unlock but only unlocks at 2*?

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Jerkface posted:

the AI will do stuff like always attack the same 'slot' regardless of hero, so you can swap your heroes around within the same team and not affect the RNG roll but will affect who gets targeted. They will also prioritize healers and poo poo which is always annoying. Support champs tend to get targeted a lot I think.

I knew rearranging your team would change up the RNG. I had no idea they focused on slot though, Ol' Daka always gets the seven shades kicked out of her, but she is someone I never move.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

My guild mates can take my mk6 syringes from my cold dead hands :argh:. You can take my mk6 furnace bits though have 156 of them :frogbon:

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

xyigx posted:

Didn't they say jaws's were going to be great in the next raid? Or did I make some weird mistake of grinding jaws's for the last month or so?

Next raid is rumoured to be droids in fact I'm sure a dev confirmed as much somewhere in their subreddit. Hence the grind for jawas and (lol) eeth koth.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

xyigx posted:

Ah yes my 7 star eeth who may as well have come wearing a "I only here because Yoda" T-shirt. The nice thing is at least he will have a use unlike the poor bastards who farmed up jkg.

I make bad decisions just ask me about my night sister :suicide:

Night sister initiate, Talia, and asajj were some of the first characters I 7* :suicide:.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

two_step posted:

Someone on Reddit is claiming that they changed raid damage, so that a bunch of people all clearing P1 will all count their damage. If so, we need to be a lot more strict about damage caps or something.

I'm having trouble parsing this because I'm dumb, but do you mean that when you clear p1, it auto applies the damage straight away instead of waiting for your team to die? I know a lot of people in IGD solo p1, but idle in p2 to let more people get in on the ground floor. Wouldn't murdering the gently caress out of P1, but idling with the captain at say 1% health not still be viable?

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Welp, had "upgrade a mod" left on my daily stuff to get an omega. Servers down and my shard resets in 50min :suicide:.

EA_Jesse posted:

.Current Server Status: DOWN

There seems to be an issue with the system that deploys our matinence messaging. Our server engineers are working to resolve this. We appreciate your patience while this is being handled.
Server status updates will always be posted in this thread.
Post edited by CG_Kozispoon at 11:00PM
That's so CG :v:

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Oct 15, 2016

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

xyigx posted:

And a quieter guild chat.

Also tek you are amazing no matter what dumb gear I ask for you always seem to have one to donate, my 86's g9 and b2's g8 thank you.

Igd gear donations do seem to have stalled somewhat, but I think I its because everyone is trying to gear wedge. So many requests for stun cuffs and syringes, so many!

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Boozie posted:

So the quickest has to be Lumi for me as of right now because I can clear GW which has given me 1200 two days in a row (assuming that's the standard amount). I can also spend 72 energy/day in hard mode if it's worth going balls to the wall for my first 7 star.

Does anyone know if all 12 fights are determined right when you reset or are they individually rolled as you progress. What I'm getting at is should I wait to level up until after I've finished GW for the day (for min/max) or will it not change that days fights if I level up in the middle of it.

Galactic war selects teams off the back of what power your arena team is, I've not changed arena team mid galactic war to compare the difference though. I wouldn't have thought levelling up a single character by a single level is going to make that big of a difference to what GW throws at you though.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Boozie posted:

drat, should I switch my guild rewards to someone other than Rey then?

So from 60 to 69 (plus the time it takes to get wedge/make him worth subbing in) do I run Biggs without Wedge? STH/Lando/QGJ/RG/ Lumi or Biggs? I've been farming JKA but I'm only getting like 2 shards a day so that is a ways out.

Stick with Rey, you get her from hard nodes and guild shipments. You get Wiggs from cantina and galactic war shipments, she's not the end all be all she was say 3 months ago but she is still an excellent high damage dealer.
I still use Rey in my rancor p1 squad and she usually contributes like 60% of the damage, plus I still use her in my B team in galactic war.

At level 60 can you even farm wedge? I don't remember when cantina battle 6-f unlocks (literally the only place to get wedge shards).

edit: JKA is a pain to farm if you only have his first 2 hard nodes to grind, he has a third 20 energy hard node, and he's the last node on catina stage 7, I'm working on him currently to complete my "meta be damned" fanboy clone wars squad (JKA, Rex, 5s, Echo, Cody) :swoon:.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 9, 2016

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Yay free crystals, I really doubt they're doing server maintenance on a Sunday. You'd think by now they'd have a different message for "something's gone tits up" rather than just the server maintenance message.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Disco De Soto posted:

Ha yeah if I can unlock his ship I will feel a lot better about dumping all that time/resources into him.

Does Mace Windu as fleet commander give any bonus to Jedi? Or is it just the Republic bonus for now?

Mace grants his bonus to Jedi and Republic.

Edit: I just double checked and his ability actually only states republic, weird I could have sworn it mentioned Jedi also.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Nov 24, 2016

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Disco De Soto posted:

Theoretically, but I've spent over 300 energy and only got 3 pieces so far :mad:

Since it's 25 to unlock it better drat well be 2 star to start with.

25 is 2* yes, 50 is 3*, 80 is 4*; only slave I & the millenium falcon are currently 80 shards to unlock.

I bought 2 of the fleet packs with some cyrstals i had saved up plus the 1000 bonus, then bought some cyrstals :negative: (stupid new shiny stuff). That lot plus hammering gw shipments means I've got at 3* wedge, biggs, rex, ahsoka, 2* sun fac. plus, while my fleet arena has an ultrawhale at #1 (5* home one! meaning he has 7 or 8 ships at 4* at least,can't see how many 4* ships you'll need to do tier 4 of the capital ship challenges; but i think that's right). The rest of the shard isn't remotely close to his level and I hit 14th yesterday, looking to get top 5 today. I really like where ships are currently, there's no meta to speak of yet, and everybodies ships are low level enough that matches don't end in under 2 minutes like they do in pvp arena (hell most of those are decided by the 3rd move of the round).

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

fishtobaskets posted:

I feel kind of dumb asking this, but how the gently caress do you beat the higher level AGI gear challenges? I'm level 72 with AA/Biggs/QGJ all geared and at 6 or 7 stars and it's a 50/50 proposition whether I die or get 1 star on Tier III.

edit: I'm mis-remembering sorry, the droid part was wrong, you need someone in your team to stun him and/org inflict defence down. with either of those debuffs on savage he takes bonus damage when hit.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 13, 2016

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

I'm going to kick off another tank raid in a few minutes. Based on feedback I think we will be going with the following:

1. 12 Hour no damage setup - Same as the rancor. Get a no damage poke in so you're on the board when the raid ends. This is not required if you plan on doing damage.
2. One squad per phase - Please limit your attacks to one squad per phase, where hopefully you'll be working on the various "best" squads for each phase.
3. We'll make adjustments as we see how things play out. I want this to be as fair as possible and to avoid drama.
4. If you have concerns or suggestions, post them in the thread, it's possible people will miss stuff in chat.

I should really read the thread before mashing go when I see a raid appear :sigh:, well at least I've only used 1 squad so far :downs:.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Palp, Vader, RG, TFP, Shore

Idk about mods

Can confirm that this team owns, I have g11 tfp, ep, shore, g10 Vader/rg and barely any team can break through shore to even get at anyone else; but shore is modded to have 60k protection :hurr:.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Well there's "preregistration" advertised on the play store for a new game called star wars: force arena, you could give that a go when it releases? However, from the 1 or 2 screenshots they show on the store it looks like this game but with less characters, which is weird.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

:(

I'd still like some super high level Ally's!

Enjoy my guys :) should blitz you through any battle you can face.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

So I'm looking for some pvp arena advice, I currently run wedge (L), biggs, lando, sth, shore(5*) all at gear 11. I usually sit in the top 20, have broken into the top 10 a few times when I'm around at payout time. I'm looking to mix things up a bit and was wondering just how to, my shard around the top 30-15 is currently a mixture of the team I field, plus a few lando led wiggs teams, one or two droid teams with B2/JE, going further up the rankings you start to run into (top 10 and above) lots of Boba Leads, EP, Chaze, aayala, anakin, the odd ultra speed wiggs.

I'd like to experiment more with my pvp teams but have found I plummet fast when I make the wrong kind of team so I thought I'd ask here.

Characters to work with, assume 7* lv 85:

Gear 11
TFP, EP, Vader(6*), shore(5*), lando, wedge, biggs, boba fett, STH, 5s, QGJ, Anakin,Rex
Gear 10 (who you would actually use in arena)
RG, Sun Fac.

I've switched to EP(l), vader, TFP (222 speed), shore, RG just today and it's worked against a mirror team with sth instead of shore, and a wedge(l),biggs,sth, lando, EP team; but I'm not sure how it will fare against a ultra speed wiggs team.

Any other team suggestions that could work?

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Davethulhu posted:

You can attack p1 as soon as the raid opens, which I'll try to launch right after guild rollover. You can also attack p1 with as many teams as you like. Once p1 is cleared, p2 is on hold until 8pm pacific tomorrow. I know this seems like a long wait, but p2 is effectively the actual start of the raid because p1 sucks so much, and p2 damage started in the morning last time.

Edit: also everyone is limited to one attack in each of p2, 3, and 4.

Something else for IGD, is switching to 0 damage once you 7* Han a guideline or a rule? Just there's a few people who placed in the top 10 last rancor raid who I saw had 7* Han.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Numismancer posted:

I started killing time with this over the holidays while doing Eve crap, gods help me. I'd like a guild invite on Numismancer - https://swgoh.gg/u/numismancer/ and 244698367 for Ally code. Thanks!

Sent you an ally invite, ever stuck on a node? Borrow one of my characters :)

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Anyone know if holding off in the squad tournaments works? The tie advanced one started about an hour ago but I'm wondering if holding off till maybe 4 hours remain would give me an easier shard. I've got 250k AP saved for this tournament I desperately want that tie.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Borrow IGD's 12 hour no damage rule, send in a poo poo 7* character on their own to get murdered (ignore the warning and hit battle a second time) and if your guy survives to even get a turn hit the two guards not the middle captain that way you register on the scoreboard at 0 damage, then 12 hours later everybody let's rip. That way as many people as possible at least get a few Han shards even if they're not around when the damage starts.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Serperoth posted:

I saw someone on facebook today doing 19 million damage to the AAT raid using Darth Maul.

The idea is to use the turrets dying for his Power of Hatred skill, and then snowball from there.

Meanwhile, I was glad today I almost kept the tank stunlocked using Lando and Wiggs. It's something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTjZv_i9NCI

mute the video right away, but here's a similar example of maul being crazy for the aat raid. It's his massive health gains that are key to doing the silly amount of damage, chained right around half way through p2? i think Maul is up to 1.5million health and the people who've tested it say you can just hit auto and go do something else, come back a like 45 minutes later and he's racked up 15mil+ damage.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Malgrin posted:

Wiggs + Chaze is pretty rough for an empire team. Throw in B2 and it gets that much worse.

This is super wtf:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/853977/#Comment_853977

What else could they possibly add from that film? Unless they're going to add more dark side established stuff from the universe? As you say they'd be pretty daft to add Galen Erso as an empire character, maybe young tarkin? or Deathtrooper + deathtrooper flamer?

Edit: I'm curious how much longer we will have to wait for additional ships, I know many on these forums hate them, but I love them, really changes things up for me, but I'd love for there to be more characters with ships. That reddit post that hinted at nute gunray being a separatist flagship would also be cool, it also hinted at yoda and jka having ships, plus something more than jedi starfighters and clone fighters. I'm just concerned that they can do a ships release or a character release but not both, if they can't support both simultaneously why bother? Plus in my ships arena it looks like more and more people are willing to drop money, I can't otherwise account for people appearing with 7* wedge, biggs, 5s, etc. I've been top 5 of my ships shard from day 1. They sure as hell can't have overtaken me legitimately from shipments or galactic war shipments and the like. There's not a full set of ships for any of the current flagships, but empire/tarkin are especially short. although I guess resistance is even more shafted.

More ships!

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jan 19, 2017

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Cactus posted:

Just shorten the battles for ships to be the same length or thereabouts as arena fights are and they would be tons better. Not "fixed" or "compelling" but at least better. A quick easy fix that would generate more interest = more instances of impulse spending. It's win win!

I tried a few fights off auto a while back to see if I was missing out on some hidden strategic depth and noticed sometimes a ship would have a multi-turn tank ability and an "immune to all damage" buff... wtf is that bullshit? Is it a bug or intended design? Normally I'd assume the former but these guys are some Frontear-tier decision-makers at times so I honestly can't tell.

You haven't read many of the ship abilities, biggs gets taunt when an enemy gets target locked, sun fac gets taunt whenever an buffed ally starts their turn, and plo koon can give an ally taunt for 2 turns. Damage immunity for all allies for 1 turn is mace's flagship ability it starts on a 20 turn cooldown but his aoe missiles grant all allies a buff that when they take their turn reduces the cooldown of the special by 1 turn. Even if they sped up all the animations, ships at high level have far more ehp than characters, granted they hit harder too but 5minute rounds would result is draws alll the time.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 19, 2017

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Burning_Monk posted:

Is Kit Fisto an okay alternative to Aayla until I can get her sharded up or am I wasting my time?

Kit Fisto is bad,

edit: he's less bad in an IGD led team I guess

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Something I found in the subreddit for this game I'd not seen mentioned in this thread is this particular table of recommended mods for every character currently in the game.

http://www.crouchingrancor.com/mods-master-list-helper-find-the-best-mods-for-each-character/

For many of the more niche or rare characters I can't comment to it's accuracy but it's an impressive body of work, some of the choices I personally disagree with, but there's no denying I've never seen such a comprehensive list of mods for characters anywhere else.

SPEED ARROWS, SPEED ARROWS EVERYWHERE.

Another good, or well temporarily good resource that I myself use is http://lordskunk.com/
It has guides and suggested teams for both raids, and ships guides. I've never once looked at the ship guides, but their raid guides are usually spot on, the only downside being they seem to forget to update the guides when new characters come out or rather since teamskunk are quite a big presence in the game, withhold the up to date version on purpose (The tank takedown raid is written pre-normal nerf, I think). I don't know how they measure up to Malgrin's Team Instinct, but I know I've seen teamskunk teams on the guild leaderboards we all see multiple days of the week for a long time.

I can't comment as to the quality of their videos, but that's more because I tried the first video in their list and immediately closed it when I heard their commentator's voice.

Oh they do a semi regular podcast about the game too I think.

And if you've not added yourself to http://swgoh.gg , why the hell not!? This site has helped me immeasurably with forward planning when it comes to getting characters to G10/G11, everyone should be using it, you'd be utterly crazy not to. (Unless you think, psychic spys from china are going to steal your perfect pvp team comp that maybe 1000 other people use I guess, but even then, that's what the"unlisted setting is for)https://swgoh.gg/u/rocketmagnet/collection/

There's been a lot of moaning in their subreddit and official forums recently about how colossal the gear grind is, now I've always been able to see this but I guess enough people are starting to see it now too. I understand, it's a good limiting factor but seriously, when you've managed to gear up nearly a dozen characters to G8 before you've even managed to put together a single stun cuff you realize CG have maybe gone a bit too far with the anemic drop rate on certain purples, creating some major singular bottlenecks.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 23, 2017

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Malgrin posted:

New moment in wtf were they thinking: 69 is censored.

Slave, assassin, snigger, nightclubs, arsenal.

gently caress it you get the idea, their word profanity filter is unbelievably lazy.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

two_step posted:

OK, GK led arena teams are starting to show up on my shard, and they are horrific. If IGD can't manage to start doing heroic tank, I might have to pull a Mal and go join some pubbies, I really don't want to fall so far behind I can't keep up. We kinda need to decide if we are going to be tryhards (at least in one guild) or not.

I'm in the same boat two_step, if Mal won't hook us up with some sweet Team Instinct vouches (Hi Mal!). I'd suggesting trying with team skunk (google lord skunk, they've got open applications at least), I've seen their squads hit the leader boards multiple times in the last few months, plus they do some baller guides and a podcast thing that I don't listen too, because I struggle to listen to over enthusiastic nerds, never mind listening to my own voice :v:.

Kind of annoying that raid Han could never ever be described as OP but GK sure as hell can.

I am 1 more zeta away from getting my first :getin: still not sure if I go for Vader or Boba (both in arena team), Cody's sounds nice but he is so pathetically weak, and Echo's heal off basic doesn't really keep clones going all that much longer with how high damage is these days, I don't think +5% protection on basic is really going to improve clone survivability all that much. Bariss' would be great but my Jedi while quite high level with JKA/QGJ/Yoda at G11, Ahsoka, Lumi, Aayla, Bariss at G10 I don't think Jedi are really up there without GK to tie them all together, same line of thinking for QGJ zeta.

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 25, 2017

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Malgrin posted:

I mean, if anyone wants to join TI, I can put a good word in for you, but I don't think we're actively recruiting right now. We're at 250 members, and openings fill before they're open -- basically someone says they're moving on, and a dozen people are ready to fill it before they leave. Maybe at some point we'll try to expand to 300, but that's a lot of work, and TI are actually pretty selective -- I'm not sure how I got in/I got really lucky in knowing people. Also, I'd feel pretty bad if I caused the collapse of goon guilds, although I realize this game is unlikely to sustain two goon guilds forever regardless.

Also, be really careful about joining Team Skunk. He has a really bad rep.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4fwz6p/be_wary_of_who_you_supportfollow/

In the comments:

I know there's a lot more sketchy stuff around him, but I can't find it atm

hahaha, what the gently caress.

Cheers for the headsup I totally missed that :staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Im sure some others will take issue with many of the choices presented in this database but I've not seen a more comprehensive list of what mods to put on which characters http://www.crouchingrancor.com/mods-master-list-helper-find-the-best-mods-for-each-character/