Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

KingOfTheTramps posted:

Oh great! Looks like the Mk 10 TaggeCo Holo Lens Salvage is just 3,300 coins for 10.

I need 250 of them, so that's..... 82,500 guild coins in total.

Awesome.

:suicide:

Yeah, I kind of hope I get bored of the game before I reach the point where I actually need those. I feel like shifting so many items to the guild store is their version of gently caress You, Pay Me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

How difficult is it to build a viable Ewok team? I don't have Chirpa unlocked yet but I thought Scout, Elder, Teebo combined with Han and RG might make for hilarious turn meter action?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

cowofwar posted:

Should i get datcha, magmatrooper or nightsister initiate? I have the rest of the gw shipment toons 7*.

Wouldn't you be better off spend that currency on characters you already have so you can convert those shards in the shard shop?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

xyigx posted:

OK help me pad my research. If you don't mind please list the following.
1) arena power
2)gw highest team power you use
3)on a scale of 1 to "Oh gently caress off that was bullshit" how hard is your galactic war

Just got Lando to 7 stars any suggestions on who to farm from cantina next?

1. 29224
2. 29224
3. I haven't finished in about a week so 10? My shard pvp rank is only in the low mid-300s. I don't know if that's a facotr

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Can anyone explain the sets in this guide to me in easy to understand language? I don't get how he calls the first set "health" but the first stat he talks about is Speed.

Does that mean it's the guide to follow if the first stat on the gear is health and the second stat is speed? I'm lost.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1z614mGAHt8gkQQXRGquSQSGA-WYBGXQ5tcGeFcolIs0/edit#gid=0

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Malgrin posted:

Hey guys, you know all those credits you spent on Scoundrels? Well, don't worry, that was totally and completely worth it....

In other news, 88, STH, and G Guard will be Scoundrels, starting next week. Have fun!

They'll be one but not the other? But, uh, ST Han is one of the Rebels I need for the mystery upcoming event? Also, what does that do to droid teams?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is Phasma's dodge rate suddenly crazy high for other people?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I was only able to complete enough of the Empire event to unlock him. Is he still worth putting resources into or should I just focus on my other core characters (arena team is pretty cookie cutter baby's first F2P squad).

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I would like to personally thank everyone running Nightsister teams.

I'd be into ships as something that would keep me playing but they're going to have to, at some point, add another pool of energy because players, even those who pay regularly, are going to get tired of having to choose which element of the game they get to play due to the shared energy pools.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Doji Sekushi posted:

Cleared a bunch of inactives from QGJ. Got space for 8.

Post your ID and get in.

Please come. I need my dumb rng items.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I just reinstalled the game against my better judgement and would like to rejoin a goon guild. My arena/raid team is all 80 with full gear but I'm still a ways from having a "good" raid squad.

What kind of sucks is that arena is a little difficult now since I'm still ~500 and the teams mostly have level 82+ characters and it looks like it's going to take a while to get past level 80?

Also, I have many questions but mostly:
What FOTM characters are people grinding toward right now? What about ships?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

I have 1 good team, because I have 3 good damage dealers and basically no supports. EE is almost 7 * but he's woefully underlevelled... and I have basically no loving mods for any of this poo poo.

Fuckin' gaaaaaaaaaaaaame

I worked pretty hard to build a decent FTP arena team before faction synergies were good or obtainable without whaling and now it's pretty loving hard to keep up. They moved the goalposts so far up that I quit for a few months and I'll probably quit again after the devs stop raining free stuff down on me over the next month.

Also, what's up with me having to constantly face geared level 84-85 teams on my gw? I haven't even hit 81 yet.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 9, 2016

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm about 30 shards from getting Luke to 7*. I wish I had a cool rebel team, but it looks like the team I'm taking into the next Emperor shard challenge is:

AA 7*
STH 7*
Luke 6/7*
Leia 6*
Biggs 7*

I don't know if I have enough time/crystals to finish Leia before the event starts. Even then, all these characters are like soft 7*'s since they're mostly GL 8/9 and I don't have great mods.

The question is: should I spend the cantina energy to get Luke to 7* now while we're getting double drops or abandon him and just do everything I can to work on Lando (4*, GL 5) for the next time around? If I can't get Leia to 7*, I can't even attempt the Emperor at that level. I probably can't beat him at that level without pretty a well geared team?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

iGestalt posted:

I wonder how many Luke's this game'll have eventually? We've got Tatooine Luke.. We need Pilot Luke, Jedi Luke, Return of the Jedi Luke, Hoth Pilot Luke.. Yoda Training Luke with Yoda add-on summon? Um...

Endor Luke!

It's what Lucas always imagined for the toy line...

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I think the most entertaining thing in this game is using HK to clear low level stages. It takes longer to show the stage introduction that it does to wipe out the 5 opponents on the screen.

E: Are the really expensive items in the Guild Store (like the ones you could buy 25 at a time of) now permanently removed in favor of selling smaller quantities?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 20, 2016

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is anyone else just ignoring ships for now? I feel like whatever I get now is just going to be overpowered by whatever comes in the first big update. As much fun as the battles are, I also have 500 other chores to finish, like 7* Emp and yoda so I just use the ship currency to get gear and shards for characters I want to use in ships later.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

My Emp fighting squad is AA, Leia, Luke, ST Han and Biggs. How should I mod them? I'm struggling with 6* since they're all under-geared.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

Oh thank gently caress

Pro-tip: if you're not ready to gear someone up right away, don't activate them. If you pull a full character from a bronzium card and you haven't activated them, you get the full introductory amount of shards. That's a lot better than the 7 or whatever it gives you if they're unlocked.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is there an up-to-date priority list on GW characters to farm? What I've got:

Lumi
Teebo
Biggs
Datcha
RP
Phasma

Leaves me to farm:
Poggle- 3/100 -seems like the obvious choice next
Cad - 9/50 (my scoundrels for now are ST Han, Fett, Lando, 88, Chewy)
Initiate - 2/10
Magmatrooper - 10/25
Raider - 21/50

I kind of don't see a reason to work at the NS Initiate or the Tusken Raider and will switch to ships, instead? Should I bother with Cad?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

fishtobaskets posted:

Saw this bounty hunter team in my arena today. Underpowered for its rank and I can't come close to beating it. I like that this guy saw the potential in Boba's lead and ran with it:

Here's G11 with mods and Denger in place of Zam care of reddit.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jan 10, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

ZenVulgarity posted:

gently caress me ship battles are long and terrible

I cannot imagine how long pvp takes against cap ships with lots of stars and lots of reserves given it probably takes a long time to kill just 1 ship. They really didn't test enough on this.

IMO, it would have been more fun if the cap ships had hit points and the side that takes down the other one first wins. I don't know what that would look like but fending off hordes of snub fighters isn't really a fun meta-game.

On a different note, somoebody found what looks like a developer created account. Possibly created to give the whales on a certain shard something to chase. All of the characters are 7 stars/GL XI. I wonder what the value of this account would be in USD...

https://swgoh.gg/u/skykr%C3%A4k/collection/

tadashi fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 17, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Well, at least I can thank him for almost single-handedly funding development of a game I play because I sure as hell don't spend any money on it.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

MichiganCubbie posted:

So this new event will be basically Ewoks and Rey, huh?

Is the reworked Finn any good? Is anyone actually using him?

I have this 4* lvl 60-something Poe from a year ago when I started and he was the OP arena character before they nerfed his mechanics.

E: On that note -

Capgasp posted:

Tier 1 tuned for ~lvl 76-80 with gear level 8 or so and decent mods. Bonus Tier, as normal, tuned for maxed out everything.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 18, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I just read that Poe's mother was an A-Wing ace and now I really want them to add her to the game.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Field Mousepad posted:

Jc looks a lot like that hermit jedi from kotor. I always wondered if they based that character on him.

My enjoyment of using JC just went to a whole new level after seeing this connection.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

How in the gently caress does a person beat the second stage of the level 80 Special Operations event running today?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

waah posted:

$1400 psh. Totally would rather have two spaceships than a new gaming pee cee.

We've been tricked into playing the beta for Star Citizen, I guess.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

QGJ hasn't had a raid running in a while and guild chat is getting restless.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

So what is a more potent upgrade, Stars>Gear>Level>Mods? Trying to prioritize my resources and upgrades.

Sounds right. You'll notice you're higher starred characters will be higher powered than a better geared player with less stars.

rocket_Magnet posted:

nodes 6 9 & 11 (& 12, but not for me still always broken :smug: ) are commonly much harder than the nodes preceding or proceeding them I've found.

From Reddit:

For those who haven't seen it yet, here's the % for each node:
60%
62.5%
70%
61%
62%
95%
75%
76%
100%
85%
105%
115%

Nodes 1,2,4,5 are this way so that you don't face the exact same team 4 times.
To break it down more, my node 11 opponent is always going to be a team with 49,785 power (47,414 x 105%). If that 49,785 team is a pain in the rear end, then I'd raise my power by like 100 (by swapping mods on 5s or RG) and would pull a team with power 49,890 (47,514 x 105%). At some point you'll hit a relatively weak team & when that happens, don't touch your top 5 for awhile. In my experience it only takes 1-2 days to tweak into an easier run.

My problem lately is I can't seem to break into the top 200 anymore in GW :sad: My shard just seems to move to fast for me and it sucks a lot.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 17, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Any tips on beating the Crit Chance Mod challenge on the hardest level? This seems much harder than other challenges I've completed.

My team is 7* ST Han (9), IG-88 (9), and Fett (8), 5* Lando (9), 5* CW Chewie (8). I've got got at least some mods on all of them.

I've tried playing around with different leaders and, for me, Chewie seems to do the best but I can only 1* it. ST Han is the one they target the most and Fett usually dies at least once. I don't taunt at all in order to spread the damage around.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I really hate characters that either can't stay alive long enough or don't move fast enough to be useful for me but absolutely bend my teams over a table and have their way with them when that same character is computer controlled.

TL/DR: gently caress all Sith characters and Daka and her bullshit triple rezzing good characters for the computer and never goddamn proccing for me.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 17, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Crumbletron posted:

Can't get revived if you get executed :c00l:

I finally have my scoundrels good enough that I can finish tier 3 of the credit heist. Getting almost 4 mil today felt good.

I think the advice to build a scoundrel team as soon as possible for new players is a pretty great idea. I can run a good bit of GW with my team and they aren't that great individually but combining Lando/Boba/88/Chewie with a healer works well in tandem and I just flip the leader depending on the other team.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I had a pretty good laugh at this.

trapt posted:

What's the point of the tier 2 chopper event? 1000 credits daily sucks.

To get you to waste crystals or cash on his squad pack. That's what.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

This is a reminder that QGJ doesn't do damage other than a single suicide character in the first 24 hours of the Rancor raid. This is to make sure everyone gets at least a participatory reward.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I noticed that you no longer get punished if your ally leader gets killed? How long has that change been in effect? Was it the QoL update?

MoraleHazard posted:

Maybe I'm just a dumbass, but I didn't see the callouts. Sorry about that.

Yeah, it wasn't because nobody likes you. Mostly just so you'd ask.

Great success!

Burning_Monk posted:

They should let you convert training droids to shards or some other currency. Even if it's some obscene ratio it would at least let you get rid of them.

Early in the game you could do this and I think they took it out as soon as players were gaining enough droids to game the system.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 22, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm getting waxed in arena and flight arena because I'm severely undermodded (among other reasons). Should I just grind out a whole bunch of high level health mods and slap them on my characters until I can finally build out the right combination of teams for mod challenges? This would mean taking a break from grinding out TFP or other node-based characters that I need for mod challenges, is why I'm at an impasse.

I can currently do health, crit chance, and tenacity mod challenges on the 5* level.

https://swgoh.gg/u/tadashisa/collection/

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Dely Apple posted:

Man ships is so weird, I'll fight a guy with three star ships and he'll annihilate me and never get Target Locked but I'll wipe out 5 star ships who seem scary on paper.

Also enemy Biggs getting protection to full repeatedly is fun, and wonderful.

The way ship power is calculated vs. the way ship actually work is way off. They really pushed it out without understanding how it would come together.

On another note, I just played through Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and it's funny how much the SWGOH tips in the store are 100% the kind of game tips that Blood Dragon parodies throughout the game.

"Be sure the character in your leader slot has a leader ability." You think?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 27, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Does anyone have the total shard cost to get Nihilus through shipments?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Sent this player an ally request because when the chance arrives that you might be able to ally with a geared/modded/leveled HRS, you have to take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Davethulhu posted:

Bistan is the gunner of the u-wing that shoots the leg off the walker.

There's a little more background here:

http://www.starwars.com/news/much-to-learn-you-still-have-talking-rogue-one-aliens-with-pablo-hidalgo