Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
With the 9.07 I took Sterling Shepard, WR NYG. Cause he's money. He's gonna stand in that slot and sacrifice body and long term cognitive function to mine for PPR silver.

Or he'll get cut after rookie camps. Time will tell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Patiently waiting for my next pick, i got real eager and already did the write up for my pick. Now to watch him get sniped.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

9.06 Karlos Williams because if/when Shady gets hurt or attacks another bouncer, he becomes an RB1. Even when Shady's around he's an alright vulture and RB4.

I was hoping he would fall to me, but oh well.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
9.09 TE Coby Fleener NO Saints

Wasn't gonna grab a TE for a couple more rounds, but i like the value with Fleener. Most people either don't remember or don't even know, but he on the Saints now. If he was still on the Colts, he wouldn't even be considered a draft pick by me. Although he has caught at least 50 catches in the last 3 years. The Saints are in a bit of a decline as Brees continues to show his age each year, but they are still an offense that can move the balll a lot. Ben Watson was able to finish last season as the overall TE7, there's absolutely no reason Fleener can't match that or even higher. Fleener isn't much of a blocker and i am expecting him to be used similar to how Graham was used before he was shipped to Seattle. Overall, i feel like i did pretty good with my starting TE.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 20, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

9.10 Josh Doctson

I don't know jack or poo poo about college dudes, but I know this was a high draft pick who is expected to slot in and immediately produce this year. My problems with him are that he's a rookie, and that he's in Washington. But hell, probably a lot of upside potential, right? Also I like his name. Rhymes with Datsun.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

9.10 Josh Doctson

I don't know jack or poo poo about college dudes, but I know this was a high draft pick who is expected to slot in and immediately produce this year. My problems with him are that he's a rookie, and that he's in Washington. But hell, probably a lot of upside potential, right? Also I like his name. Rhymes with Datsun.

Was looking at taking him with my next pick too, don't think he'll light the league on fire but i can see him being a reliable WR3/Flex

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Leperflesh posted:

9.10 Josh Doctson

This is all I can think of when I saw his name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AERwgNvgMmc

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

9.10 Josh Doctson

As a Redskins fan I wouldn't want any part of Doctson this early. There's just too many unknowns and mouths to feed.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Yeah, I think Doctson is a year or an injury out from being really fantasy relevant, but best ball helps with some of that.

Karlos Williams though- he could be an RB1 if McCoy goes down or gets in another bar brawl.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Veritek83 posted:

Yeah, I think Doctson is a year or an injury out from being really fantasy relevant, but best ball helps with some of that.

Karlos Williams though- he could be an RB1 if McCoy goes down or gets in another bar brawl.

I agree. I consider Williams to be one of the better handcuffs, up there with Charles Sims (praise be his name).

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
9.11 Theo Riddick.

He's one of the few remaining running backs who has a consistent space carved out in his team's backfield. Riddick is the poor man's Sproles, and when it comes to RBs I'm a very poor man indeed.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Love the Theo Riddick pick except now I can't draft him. Underrated PPR gem last year, rumors have been swirling that he be doing a ton of lining up in the slot as a WR this year.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

10.02 EFM

Ben McAdoo is now the head coach in NY, and Eli has improved each of the last two years in his system. The O-line is still crap but the WR corps has been bolstered this year with a seemingly healthy Victor Cruz and new rookie sensation Sterling Shepard. Oh yeah, and they have OBJ too. CHAMPIONSHIP

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
9.12/10.0

Julius Thomas- I don't see him missing 4 games again this year and he was solid when he was on the field last season. If (as people expect) Jacksonville is a bit more competitive and their offense is a little less vertical, he may increase his share of targets.

Willie Snead- Drew Brees is certainly not who he once was, but he's still talented enough to add value to his receivers. Totally fine with Snead as my fourth receiver.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

10.03 Charcandrick West
I felt like I needed to grab my third RB with this pick, since it's a loooong way down to my next one. As I said in my comments, a few names popped out as decent options, all of whom I'm sure will be drafted before my next pick comes around. Bilal Powell was a strong option, and so was Blount, but in the end I went with my gut: I think Charmander is the best RB of the three, and his situation is at least as good. Jerick McKinnon keeps saying he's going to get more work, but last year that didn't pan out, and I'm not sure if handcuffing makes much sense in this format. West also has a week 5 bye, and I have no other byes that week. As I get deeper into my roster it starts making sense to use that as a tiebreaker.

I probably should have at least considered another WR here, since I only have four rostered, but I think the world of viable WR2/3 players is much larger than the world of RBs who can put up decent fill-in points with upside potential.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
10.04 RB Kenneth Dixon Baltimore

This is a flier pick on a depth RB that could very well turn out to be more. Dixon has the skillset to be an every down back, i'd expect him to easily beat out Buck Allen for 2nd, which would only leave an aging Forsett coming off injuries ahead of him. Sure he's a rookie and played at LTech, but i think he got drafted into one of the better situations for a rookie RB looking to get serious playtime.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 20, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

You forgot about TRich, though.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

9.08 - Rashad Jennings

picked because I'm a Giants fan and to steal RBs from others who don't have that many. He still can run well when the O-line helps out

10.05 - Mohamed Sanu

the #2 receiver in Atlanta now, but it's TBD if he'll have any real value with a healthy Julio. I'm guessing he can only really help their passing game though.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
10.06 - David Carr

I believe in the power of the Raiders.

There were still several QBs I'd be happy with, but this is the start of the longer stretch back to my next pick and decided that it was time to grab one of them before something unfortunate happened (I'm looking at you Gabbert).

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Mikey Purp posted:

You forgot about TRich, though.

Man, if he somehow wins the job and starts, i'll gladly take the pick as a lost. :suicide:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Seeing West and Williams go this round is rough.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
10.07 Tavon Austin

Had some big games last year. Whatever. Pickings are getting a little slim already.

Also I was looking the defenses and it says the 49ers defense scored 70 points in this league in 2015, same as the Broncos? How can that be?

edit: and the Rams had 0 points in 2015 and AZ had -2? What?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Homer Round!

10.12 - Kirk Cousins
As a Redskins fan I've seen Kirk put up with far more poo poo than anyone deserves and he's come out on top. Near the end of the season his performance was game changing and I've seen him flash signs of excellence multiple times. Some folks are pessimistic about him but at this point in the draft I'd be happy taking him given the upside.

11.1 - Torrey Smith
This is either going to be a major steal or a hilarious blunder on my part. ADP says I could have likely waited another round but I don't want to take that chance. There's often a question of whether or not you want the WR2 on a decent team or the WR1 on a lovely team. Well I'm not sure what kind of team San Francisco is going to be but knowing Chip Kelly there's going to be a volume here. With little real competition behind him my suspicion is that Smith will at least put up WR3 numbers in a bounce-back season, and getting a player like that in the 11th is worth the risk. Also Go Terps.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
^^^^ What happened to Mike Thomas? :spergin:

10.11 - Steve Smith

I have heard that Perriman has diamond hands, and Mike Wallace will run down the field and drop balls a lot, so provided that Smith can play he will be the primary target for Flacco. Last year that meant big numbers until he got injured. Hoping for a similar albeit lessened output as he wants one last good season before retirement.

11.2 - James Starks

I have never really been into handcuffing RBs, but JUST IN CASE Lacy decides that he is going to stay crap Starks will fill in as a very capable replacement. In games he got 10+ touches he averaged over 10 pts with three 20+ pt games when filling in.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I would have loved to pick up Steve Smith. That's a really good place for him.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would have loved to pick up Steve Smith. That's a really good place for him.

I gave serious consideration to picking him up last go round, ADP be damned. Always a possibility something goes amiss with his rehab but the value was definitely there at that pick.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I was definitely looking at both of those smiths. SF is a total unknown but Torrey is currently penciled in as their WR1, and getting a WR1 in the 11th round is pretty ridiculous no matter how bad of a team it is. At this point in the draft you should have your big starters and you're probably looking for WRs who will put up maybe one or two big games to pop up into your top 3 for a week or two during the season just to buff your score a little.

coronaball posted:

Also I was looking the defenses and it says the 49ers defense scored 70 points in this league in 2015, same as the Broncos? How can that be?

edit: and the Rams had 0 points in 2015 and AZ had -2? What?

Yeah uh, Beer, before anyone starts grabbing D/STs, can you double-check the scoring?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

I was definitely looking at both of those smiths. SF is a total unknown but Torrey is currently penciled in as their WR1, and getting a WR1 in the 11th round is pretty ridiculous no matter how bad of a team it is. At this point in the draft you should have your big starters and you're probably looking for WRs who will put up maybe one or two big games to pop up into your top 3 for a week or two during the season just to buff your score a little.

Yeah uh, Beer, before anyone starts grabbing D/STs, can you double-check the scoring?

Yeah there's a lot of unknowns but Torrey is my WR4 and I would have gladly also locked in Steve Smith. Looking over things though I'm starting to think I would like my team a lot more if I had selected a WR instead of Doug Martin. I really don't like how scarce WR is getting compared to the availability of RB.

Okay, I looked over the scoring requirements and fixed the problem. It should work a lot better now.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Okay, I looked over the scoring requirements and fixed the problem. It should work a lot better now.

Looks like the points totals haven't updated yet. IIRC, MFL only re-runs the scoring like once a day or some poo poo so we have to wait to see the new results.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Rd 11: Philip Rivers. Might as well finish off that QBBC pairing.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Leperflesh posted:

Looks like the points totals haven't updated yet. IIRC, MFL only re-runs the scoring like once a day or some poo poo so we have to wait to see the new results.

Yeah, they said to wait an hour. It's fixed now.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

again Azhais sniped the guy I wanted so I took Tyrod Taylor because he had some big games last year

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
11.09 WR Vincent Jackson TB

Had a down year last season and was also riddled with injuries. Even with the emergence of Mike Evans, i still like Vjax as an upside WR2 on an improving team, as long as he can still play at a decent level and stay healthy. Was actually looking at Rivers for my QB2, but i'll have to settle for a decent WR5, hopefully.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

11.10 Kendall Wright
Back at the end of round 10 I looked for any starting WR1s left in the league. Torrey Smith was one, and Kendall Wright was another. I honestly don't know how he slipped this far and consider this a major steal at the back end of the eleventh round. This guy has missed some games the last couple years, so I get that an injury concern is there, but when he last put in a healthy season in 2013 he had a 1000 yard season, and that was before Mariota. DGB, Rishard Matthews, and Harry Douglas are all rostered as well, so I don't expect a thousand yards from Wright by any means, but at this position I'll be delighted with 600+ and I see no reason he can't easily do that if he stays healthy.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

Romo & Gates- backups on my roster, but any given week they have starter potential, if not top 5 at their position.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

12.03 Bilal Powell
Considering I was ready to take this guy at 10.03, this is another steal in my opinion. I had a pile of WRs slated to grab but I can't pass up the value. In 0.5 PPR, Powell's ability to run or catch gives him steady 3rd down work, plus handcuff for Matt Forte if need be. He missed some time last year but should be healthy now, it was only a sprain. I wouldn't expect any huge games from Powell barring a Forte injury, but if I lose another RB or whatever, he can provide a stable floor of weekly points.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

11.11 and 12.02 - Jerrick McKinnon and Tevin Coleman

Just trying to shore up my running back corps at this point. Jerrick may be earning a bit more work this season, and if ADP goes down for any amount of time he should become an easy RB1.

12th round for Coleman seems like it could pan out to be a huge steal. Granted, Freeman absolutely exploded last season and has definitely earned the RB1 position on the depth chart. But Coleman was drafted by the current coaching regime and the front office has continually talked him up. His rookie season was essentially a wash due to injury, and I'm willing to bet that we haven't yet seen what he can do. Freeman will still get the lion's share of carries, but I could easily see this evolving into an RB1a - RB1b kind of backfield.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
12.04 Marcus Mariota

With nearly half the starting QB's gone, i figured i would go ahead and grab one too. Mariota had multiple 4 TD games last season and several other multi TD games as a rookie. As i've already got Andrew Luck, Mariota will be bringing some more of that boom potential.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

12.05 - Matthew Stafford

figured I'd need to grab my 2nd QB too before I was stuck with BFG (Blaine Fuckin Gabbert)

except I didn't look at bye weeks and now I have two QBs on bye 10 oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
12.06 - Michael Thomas - NO

Well, here we are, halfway through the draft. Good work everyone! I briefly considered looking at the less sexy positions in the draft since we're down in the rounds where redrafts are usually winding down, but since we have an eternity to go, wild shots in the dark. There are a certain subsection of pundits out there (i.e. the dynasty owners) who think that Thomas has the talent to take over the WR1 spot in NO early in the season. I'm not as convinced, but hey.

• Locked thread