Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I may have waited too long for a 2nd QB and I have taken Matt Ryan in round 12.

Comment: The definition of a boring QB2. Hard to be complete poo poo with Julio on your team, although he'll try his best.

coronaball fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
10.09 DeAndre Washington
The Raiders were very open about wanting to bring in another back to complement Murray in their backfield and in the end, that wound up being Washington, a fifth round pick out Texas Tech. He should immediately take over passing duties and could siphon a decent amount of work from Murray. I think he can wind up having an impact similar to what Andre Ellington did in his rookie year.

11.09 Devontae Booker
One of the better rookie backs in this 2016 class, I think he slots in ahead of Ronnie Hillman already and I'll see what happens after that. I'm a CJ Anderson fan but Kubiak's system is one of the best there is for fantasy RB production so I'll happily invest in Booker in the 10th or later in any draft.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
12.12 - Stephen Gostkowski
I did the analysis and I loving pulled the trigger.

13.1 - LeGarrette Blount
Going best ball means I can ignore the normal pain associated with drafting NE backs.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

12.12 - Stephen Gostkowski
I did the analysis and I loving pulled the trigger.

13.1 - LeGarrette Blount
Going best ball means I can ignore the normal pain associated with drafting NE backs.

I came really, really close to taking Blount on that exact same rationale.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Veritek83 posted:

I came really, really close to taking Blount on that exact same rationale.

I figured Blount would offer some relief and let me lock up my RB corps. Now there's nothing left but the crying.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Getting caught up.

10.10- CJ Prosise, RB
I like 3rd down backs in this format. A converted WR who figures to get involved early as Seattle's 3rd down back. Has the potential to take over the backfield in case of a Rawls injury, so long as he can improve his blocking skills.

11.03 - Andy Dalton, QB
Lost weapons and Hue Jackson, but still has AJ Green, Eifert and Tyler Boyd. Should have a strong season in store. Wanted to wait longer on my first QB, but some of you jerks already have two.

12.10 - Jameis Winston, QB
Good rookie season, poised for a step forward. I like the value here.

13.03 - Breshad Perriman, WR
Goons don't like him due to drops, but in the 13th round, I think this is awesome value due to his ceiling. Old Man Steve Smith is coming back from an Achilles tear, is 37 and could fall off of a cliff and have an Andre Johnson with the Colts-like season. Give me the size and speed freak with high draft capital who will team up with Joe Flacco for deep balls all year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Perriman was also on my list. Solid value here.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Please hold, I meant to take Sproles over Ted Ginn

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

Please hold, I meant to take Sproles over Ted Ginn

Fixed.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
13.7 shane vereen. Was gonna take Blount here if he was still available but hey. Thought about taking a K or D but got over it.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
13.12 and 14.01- Chiefs and the Pats

Obviously in a redraft situation I wouldn't touch a defense this early, but with some of my preferred options already off the board, I figured I'd bite the bullet and get it out of the way now.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
13.11 and 14.02 - Jay Cutler and Rams DST

Jay should be a nice complement for Eli. Since both of these guys are essentially boom or bust QBs, I will have to keep my fingers crossed that they don't both implode in the same weeks.

I saw a run on DSTs beginning so I figured I'd pick my first DST up with the Rams. I think they're a top 5 unit and may benefit this year from an improved offense that will hopefully keep them off the field a little bit more than in the past.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

13.10 Nelson Agholor
I threw together an autodraft list of WRs back in round 10, and Agholor was the top guy left by the time it wrapped around to this pick. He's slated as the Eagles' WR2. He had an unimpressive rookie year which included a sprained ankle, but then again, it was on Chip Kelly's Crazy Train, and the entire team was busy flying off the rails all year. Plus the Eagles haven't exactly loaded up on fresh WR talent in the offseason. They grabbed Reuben Randle for god's sake. And Chris Givens? So I figure this is a high-upside lottery ticket which is fine for a late 13th rounder.

14.03 Cincinnati Bengals
Eh. I wanted the Chiefs or the Pats, but they both got grabbed just ahead of me. At this point there's like a dozen medium-strength competent defenses and I'll just pick one that did reasonably well last year. I guess Burfict gonna keep Burficting, and Pacman gonna keep Pacmanning, right? These two shitlords can foul their way into my scoring charts all year.

Also I think this was a little early for defenses but obviously we're on a run now, and I better grab one or I'll be stuck with something gross and bad by the time the end of the 15th round comes along.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

13.08 - Tyler Boyd

reports saying he's gonna work in the slot a bunch to start, could eventually grow into a solid player in PPR

14.05 - Wendell Smallwood

could take over as starter if Mathews gets hurt/sucks

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I loving hate drafting at the end. It sucks watching all the players you want disappear.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

The well on usable RBs is drying up, so I'm taking my fifth.

Since it's pretty much a dart throw at this point, I wanted to pick a pass catching/third down back who figures to have some PPR value, since the RBs that are safe bets to get several carries are long gone.

I considered Jordan Howard, Paul Perkins and Buck Allen here, but all three of those backfields look crowded and tough to predict: each has 3-4 RBs who could conceivably take the lion's share of carries.

14.10 - Kenyan Drake, RB

The third RB off of the board in the NFL Draft, he's slated to be Miami's third down back (hopefully) early. He's realistically only got Jay Ajayi to contend with, unless they sign Arian Foster which has been rumored. Ajayi still has some injury question marks, so I can see a nonzero chance that Drake is more than just a change of pace or third down guy.

Edit: Well gently caress, of course I just read a new report that Drake may be Ajayi's backup, rather than the third down back. Oh well.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 14:58 on May 25, 2016

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Catching up on my last few pics

12.11 - Carolina Panthers D

Once the defensive scoring got set properly securing two top defenses became priority #1. Carolina has a relatively soft schedule, Luke Kuechly, and bye week 7, leading to my next pick.....

13.02 - Arizona Cardinals D

Zona and Houston both had bye week 9 so I knew I would get one on the loop. Beer did not take either so I get my preferred choice and secure a top scoring defense slot for the year

14.11 - Paul Perkins

In a jumbled backfield in NY Perkins gets drafted in the hopes he can beat out an aging rashad jennings some time this season for the starting role. Most reports are optimistic of his chances and so am I.

15.02 - Ryan Fitzpatrick

Recent reports have Fitz saying he will play this season, and the Jets are still at the table, so I am shooting a big time value pick here that could end up a complete waste. Risk/reward similar to my Foster pick earlier, but much better value if he does play

Edit: I reeeeeeeally wanted to draft Ted Ginn for any of these last four picks. IMO superb value for this format.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 26, 2016

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
12.09 Ryan Tannehill
The run on QB2s forced my hand but I still feel good about this pick. The Dolphins have surrounded him with weapons and Adam Gase is able to coach up QBs so I'm optimistic about his chances to provide the value people expected last year.

13.04 Seattle Seahawks
Stupid MFL format forcing me to take a defense this early. Figured pickings would be real slim if I waited even one more round.

14.09 Sammie Coates
Steelers are talking him up this offseason, saying he's earned their trust. With Bryant's suspension and Green coming off ankle surgery, there's plenty of opportunity to score points in this offense. Boom/bust sleeper.

15.04 Martellus Bennett
I'm glad rotoworld has talked up every lovely TE2 that the Pats have picked up since Hernandez. Now everyone's burned out by the suggestion and I can get Bennett as a bargain in drafts this year.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Whoops.. timer ran out on me and it picked a kicker... can I get a change of pick to Teddy Bridgewater instead?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Varg posted:

Whoops.. timer ran out on me and it picked a kicker... can I get a change of pick to Teddy Bridgewater instead?

Fixed.

Drafting by ADP is poo poo. I'm switching the system to draft expired timers based on FantasySharks instead.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh yeah, my picks:

14.12 - Phillip Dorsett
Honestly surprised he lasted this long, but Dorsett is a high upside guy in an offense that I expect to bounce back. Injuries hampered him last year (and he just tweaked his hamstring), but historically rookie WRs tend to improve in years 2-4.

15.1 - Buffalo Bills DST
gently caress it, I don't want to be left with poo poo for defenses and you assholes have already gone crazy with them.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fixed.

Drafting by ADP is poo poo. I'm switching the system to draft expired timers based on FantasySharks instead.

The fantasy sharks thing has been trying to get me to draft Josh Gordon since about round 5, so that'll be exciting

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Azhais posted:

The fantasy sharks thing has been trying to get me to draft Josh Gordon since about round 5, so that'll be exciting

Anything's better than the Jaguars DST.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

15.10 Jason Witten

Reliable for 700 yards and a handful of touchdowns, which is all I could ask for as my backup TE. Between Witten and Barnidge I should have reasonable security of few dud TE weeks each week. Should, but of course, tight ends suck. But gently caress it, what can you do? Considering the superstar TEs are all gone, I'll take reliable over a lottery ticket here in the 15th round.

Did you know Jason Witten hasn't missed a game since week 6 of 2003? One missed game in his entire career. I don't even think he was injured, he was just a rookie on the bench that week.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 27, 2016

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

15.12 Joe Flacco

Is he elite? Well, he won a superbowl, people forget that. Projections are putting him a bit under 4000 yards and around 20 TDs. In case of injury to Wilson or Romo, I like Flacco as a third option. Plus he's got the sort of arm that he could easily put up 2+ 300 yd 3 TD games during the season.

16.01 Javorius "Buck" Allen

I didn't plan on taking two Ravens here, but so be it. Buck Allen looked okay when he came in for Forsett last season, especially in PPR formats. The buzz is that it's a genuine competition between Forsett and Allen for the starting job headed into camp. Even if Allen stays the backup, I figure he'll see 5-10 touches a game as they try not to wear down Forsett.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

16.03: Pittsburgh

A reasonably good defense last year that doesn't look to have been gutted in the offseason is fine by me for my second D/ST. I even checked bye weeks!

There's 12 teams and only 36 D/STs to pick from, so I wanted to get my second before most of the other teams have theirs. A third D/ST might be overkill, but that means a second D/ST should be good enough to usually have a reasonable floor on the weeks when your main D/ST flubs. I'm not looking for home runs, just basic competency.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Did I miss the memo or did you just invent four expansion teams?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LOL whoops, now you have found out about the surprise 2016 expansion teams: The Sacramento Budgets, London Royals, Manitoba Lumberjacks, and Pismo Beach Albions. :ssh:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Azhais posted:

quote:

16.05 185. Chop Blockers Gordon, Josh CLE WR Sat May 28 6:30:13 a.m. ET 2016 Pick made by FantasySharks.com

:lol:

I took the redskins dst at 16.06, so not much better really.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Lol whatever I'm at a metal festival this weekend and haven't been paying attention, JG can stay on my team as my mascot

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Varg posted:

Lol whatever I'm at a metal festival this weekend and haven't been paying attention, JG can stay on my team as my mascot

Pretty sure we already established that you can change to a real pick provided he has not been drafted by someone after the autopick?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Speaking of autopicks, I would like to change mine from Braxton Miller to Seth Roberts, if possible.
I was Napa all day and logging into MFL from a phone after drinking wine all day was simply too challenging.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Guys, set up autopicks if your turn will be up in the next half-dozen picks. At this point, you're pretty unlikely to be sniped, so just pick your top two and you're good.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

Speaking of autopicks, I would like to change mine from Braxton Miller to Seth Roberts, if possible.
I was Napa all day and logging into MFL from a phone after drinking wine all day was simply too challenging.

Done.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
16.12 - Miami Dolphins
I needed a second defense and I figure streaming these guys along with Buffalo couldn't be the worst ever.

17.01 - Jimmy Graham
His upside is huge and at round 17 I could do worse with a TE2. His injury is horrific and his usage was terrible so this could be a terrible flop, but at this point it's worth the risk.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

16.10 - Chicago Bears
At this point, I just need a second defense. The Bears restocked their LB corps this offseason, and things are starting to come together with Vic Fangio's defense. I think they'll be a sneaky good D/ST this season.

17.03 - Robert Griffin III
With the number of roster spots we have available, I figured a third QB was a solid investment, especially since I waited awhile to take my first 2 QBs. Of the non-rookies remaining, RG3 seems to be have the best odds as starting, and though it's not likely to be realized, his legs give him some upside.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
16.11 - Tim Hightower

Ingram has shown to be vulnerable to injury the last couple of years, and Hightower showed he is a capable backup last year. I gave a big thought to taking Jimmy Graham here as well, but there is a possibility of him going on the PUP list to start the season. If not for that I take Graham here. Beer obviously agreed and took the risk. Would have been harder to pass Graham if he makes it through the turn, but he didn't!

17.02 - Brock Osweiler

I took a risk drafting Fitzpatrick as my backup QB. This is value cover for taking that risk. Osweiler-2-Nuke has to put up some numbers I should think.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

17.10 Jared Goff
I've already got Rodgers and Palmer, so my QB3 is just a guy to fill in for those unlikely weeks when one guy is on bye and the other's injured or has an uncharacteristically bad week. But there's also the possibility that Goff is like, the next coming of Dan Marino or whatever and has a few giant games? It's happened before, you never really know with rookie QBs. Goff seems like a good option since he's the clear Rams starter barring preseason injury, and if he doesn't pan out, well, wasting a 17th round pick isn't a big deal.

I had Osweiler just ahead of him in my autopick queue, and RGIII just ahead of Osweiler, so I feel like I've picked the right round to grab my QB3.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
:siren: THE FIRST KICKER HAS BEEN DRAFTED :siren:

vvv Yeah that. (I am trying to trigger a run on kickers shhhhhhhhh)

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

12.12 144. Draft Warrior Gostkowski, Stephen NEP PK
So I think you mean THE FIRST KICKER DRAFTED AT A REMOTELY SENSIBLE ROUND HAS BEEN DRAFTED

• Locked thread