Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chocolate
Jun 27, 2011
I help run and play on an amatuer paintball team. It can be a very expensive sport and we also do a considerable amount of travelling. My goal is to raise some funding from some local businesses to help us with these costs. I'm not entirely sure how but some teams (2 that I know of, out of hundreds) in the national circuit that we play in are able to fully fund the team from what sounds like donations or sponsorships from local businesses. I have reached out to one such team that I heard of that had a deal like this but the guy who runs it never got back to me. My suspicion right now is that these are basically running it as a non-profit organization or something to that effect, very similar to how a youth sports team is organized. Basically a tax deductible donation and a logo on the jersey in return for some cash. Some of it will obviously be pure charity, and some of it I think we can offer something tangible in return.

1. Is going the route of a non-profit a possible or even legal idea?
2. Can I open a bank account just for the sole purpose of this team?
3. How do other organizations go about doing this?

I need advice in all aspects of doing this but the main thing that I need help with is when I go an solicit a donation from someone and they agree, where do I go from their?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
The charity is literally your adult amateur paintball team, that you want businesses to make donations to

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I'm telling you this in hopes you read what you're doing

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Chocolate posted:

I need advice in all aspects of doing this but the main thing that I need help with is when I go an solicit a donation from someone and they agree, where do I go from their?

don't worry you won't ever have that problem

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Make sure to check around at all your local pizza joints to see if they are willing to host your team after matches. A heads up though they don't usually supply orange slices the team mom is gonna have to do that

You can take the pizza as a tax deduction you can trust me on this im a professional

• Locked thread