Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

FirstAidKite posted:

Isn't this the dnd thread??

no, this is the DNF thread

we tried posting it in DND but a weird thing happened; you can only make one post a day, you have to fight the previous poster for the right, and any time a thread reaches 100 posts it gets deleted and the OP has to pay :10bux: to get unbanned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

no, this is the DNF thread

Oh yeaaah.

Decayer
Jul 25, 2007
Purveyor of fine tarts
I applied to the guild! Hooray!

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

HEY! gently caress. We're still alive. So.

Coronavirus is not yet known to infect DFO characters.

And the anniversary is coming up soon! And a new level cap is probably gonna drop soon! So get your lifeless asses in the guild, and especially in the discord, and let's all die together in real time from an unavoidable death plague! Self-isolation has never been more anime

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hey, 100 cap is out and the game is more or less in a holding pattern for the next several months as they release the new awakening tier. They also made it remarkably quick and easy to play gear catch up and/or gear up alts, so it's a pretty good time to get back into the game if you've been on break.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
So let's talk the Mandarin of Ten-Thousand Flowers, the boss of Basement of Pain. She's a bit non-standard for a dfo poss cause you fight her on a narrow ledge, so her attacks are difficult to dodge, and people have trouble with her. She has a few distinct patterns:

Nen Flowers: She spins across the screen, leaving behind multiple flowers, then charges back, causing the flowers to explode as she passes them. If you don't have a powerful jump/flight skill or a teleport, this is hard to avoid, but you can minimize the damage but hiding at the edge of the screen that the began spinning from, where these is no flower, and jumping as she reaches you. Done right, this reduced the attack to scratch damage.

Nen Petals: She moves to one side of the screen and generates a flower mandala things that shoots petals across the screen. Simply hide behind her during this attack; you an easily beat on her while she fails to hit you.

Nen Lions: Two large lions jump around and land at either side of the platform. Run to the middle; the lions have contact damage. The lion will then roar, attacking the right side of the platform, then the left. Walk left, then right to dodge.

Shield Charge: If you have good ranged attacks, you can attack the shield in order to stun the boss, but otherwise you're better off jumping over the charge and hiding at the extreme edge of the field. The charge doesn't do much damage, but she nukes the center of the platform after it completes.

Energy Balls: She shoots out some spinning orbs, which multiply until they cover most of the screen. Much like the Nen Petals, the best solution is to hide behind her and beat on her during this pattern.

Goddess Mode: The Mandarin's rage pattern, she knocks you back, flies to the center of the screen, and grows a bunch of arms. Stand directly underneath her and jump over her orbiting orbs as needed; the orbs oscillate in and out so you don't need to jump over every orb. At the end of the pattern, she nukes everywhere except directly underneath her. After the pattern she is stunned and starts recharging from an energy beam. Intercepting the energy beam gives you a buff. Beat on her during the stun.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

man hell modes are cool

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

can't believe we have to live through honest to goodness fist of the north star moves in our daily farm now

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

ken wishes he hit as hard as dungeon fighters do now

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Dark Elf Archer & Bantu Animal Tamer classes when

e: and wouldn't be surprised if they eventually made a class out of those animal people from new york but idk what kinda themes they could go with there because I don't remember much of what any of the animal bosses do.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Dark Elf Archer & Bantu Animal Tamer classes when

e: and wouldn't be surprised if they eventually made a class out of those animal people from new york but idk what kinda themes they could go with there because I don't remember much of what any of the animal bosses do.

There's a sexy fox dominatrix with a whip.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

NachtSieger posted:

There's a sexy fox dominatrix with a whip.

Sexy fox dominatrix class when (what would the 4 subclasses even be for that class if they followed the typical theme of 1 phys, 1 magic, and 2 in-between that either focus slightly more on phys than magic or slightly more on magic than phys, not in terms of stats but just in theme and design)

Idk how much mileage you could get out of a whip unless they went crazy with it and just made it "anything vaguely whiplike" and gave you anywhere between lassos to flails to cat o' nine tails to chains

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

There's also the fox woman from pandamonium war who has a scythe spear thing and dark magic. Just make four variations of fox woman with weapons of various sorts.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I will allow it

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Level cap increase? That sounds pretty exciting, DFO was a lot of fun and I'm still in the discord. Gonna add to my list of stuff to do after finals next week. Thanks for the reminder!

I seem to remember that the dark elf flame ninja was absolutely amazing, I am excited to see whatever crazy stuff they'll get to chain-summon with another few levels.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

hm. well.

i stand by dfo as being, at its core, a good game.

but god drat does neople try to prove me wrong with the content. for now, this is a good time to get caught up on a character or two you care about, and get decked out in new legendary gear. the issue right now is that once you become powerful, there's nothing to actually do with that power, for another couple months

Edit: If people need help with Basement of Pain, or Black Shrine, for top-end gear, join the discord and ping me (@Black Balloon) and I'll gently caress poo poo up right quick

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 08:29 on May 9, 2020

Flapjack Monty
Oct 28, 2013

oculus looking to be one of those things I'll never, ever get to clear until well after it becomes irrelevant

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Flapjack Monty posted:

oculus looking to be one of those things I'll never, ever get to clear until well after it becomes irrelevant

You can get full legendary gear pretty quickly from bottomless tunnel and land of memory, and that's good enough to get you in. It is party content though.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Oculus is reasonably fun and easy to learn. It's probably a good stepping stone into new style raid content: learning to dodge big telegraphed attacks and do simple but distinct gimmicks.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Now that I've wrested control of my DFO account back from Neople, posting here to show my face for the guild invite.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
I just saw a video showing F Fighter 3rd awakenings and I'm changing my main to F Grappler. Tag Team Wrestlemania gonna run wild~ :getin:

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

If you're not in the discord yet for some reason, then get in before the forums die or whatever dumb poo poo is happening

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
For some reason I'm thinking of playing this again. How's the game these days and how are Asura, Monk, F.Nen, and Avenger at whatever the current content is? It's beena few years so I assume the story has killed god and various ancient Eldritch entities at this point.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The game is in a holding pattern atm so now is a great time to catch up of you're interested. There isn't any real 'current' content where choice of class matters a ton right now so they're all fine.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Cool. Is controller support any better than it was however many years ago I since I played, or do I need to stick with xpadder?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I never stopped using xpadder so I'm not sure. There are more hotkeys slots now though

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
100 cap video game update: it has a lot of weird loving decisions but it also has given us legit really good content (Oculus, Sirocco raid), and I feel DFO is pretty rad right now

Make a Neo: Male Ranger and become the biggest anime shootmans

also fool of sound smells

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

tell me about what they did for dark templar's third awakening

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Just reinstalled this and was wondering how it acts with Steam's PS4 controller support in BPM?

I see this was asked already oops guess I'll see when i get my account figured out. Wants me to log in with steam but i cant because i still have an old account tied to my only email address

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Inquisitor loving owns and i am flyyyying through levels with all these return bonuses

I am auto allocating skill points rn since im still a bit overwhelmed

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unu8CPYVIMA

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

holy loving poo poo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh drat

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Oh poo poo! Is there any more info about that? I hope it comes to consoles.

Edit: I guess that’s pretty much a given, huh. I must’ve gotten thrown because of how long I’ve been wanting a non-mmo version of dfo to come to consoles. The horrible xbox live one doesn’t count obviously.

Anonymous Robot fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 26, 2020

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Looks like a five minute trailer for “Project BBQ,” which some assume will end up being DNF2, also dropped alongside the Arcsys trailer:

https://youtu.be/nuIDYE6hxzY

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Holy poo poo I am so excited.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

I'm so god damm excited which is probably a bad thing since I doubt it'll be out globally anytime soon.......wonder how hard it is to get into Korean servers nowadays :v:

Maid
Mar 3, 2006

Do you know the Wu-Tang secret of mopping?
I just applied to the guild hi.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I guess there are not too many goons playing this?
I redownloaded it recently because of DNF duel. DNF just got an expansion with the 110 level cap yesterday, complete with some events to boost new characters to level 100 quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
There aren't, but drat this 110 cap is some fun content