Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Harlem Hellfighters. WW1 confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Well if them pictures are genuine, then one can't deny, it's unexpected.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sad the best games in this franchise were Battlefield Vietnam, Bad Company 2.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
If you do not like battlefield 51 you are racist

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

I really like hardline :yayclod:

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Blazing Zero posted:

thanks for posting this

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

People already very angry that a black dude got on the cover, lol.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

That's an African American gentleman?

Why's he got a kraut gun?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The mauser pistol was a very sought after pistol because it was one of the best made in that time period, he probably took it off somebody else.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
battlefield 1 has hosed up rambo

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Sharkopath posted:

People already very angry that a black dude got on the cover, lol.

Link please

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

This just in: Gamers are horrible people who can't stand black people or "females".

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

DoctorStrangelove posted:

That's an African American gentleman?

Why's he got a kraut gun?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/369th_Infantry_Regiment_%28United_States%29

looted trophy probably, although black german soldiers did exist!

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
They named the fifth battlefield the battlefield one.

I didn't think they could get me on board but gently caress it this sounds cool as all hell. I just wanna ride a horse and cut off some heads with a sword.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Megasabin posted:

Link please

He was speaking for himself :rolleye:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Anyone played Battlefield 1918, the mod for BF1942?

Back in my days, we had to create our own WWI shooters, dagnabbit!

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Sharkopath posted:

The mauser pistol was a very sought after pistol because it was one of the best made in that time period, he probably took it off somebody else.

Racist AF

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Another win for the black agenda

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Itt codkids trying to figure out why the tank moves slower than walking pace, why the planes are made out of literal paper, and why everyone is a camping sniper.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

BigglesSWE posted:

Holy gently caress would that be awesome, and sad at the same time, since 98% of the players would cry about "drat moslems invade our games naow"

Lumpy the Cook fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 6, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i personally like a game that is inclusive to people different than me

i hope that is okay with everyone here

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Eonwe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efxMbwL9z4I

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

these PC games are getting too drat PC!

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Eonwe posted:

wow thats not edgy at all wtf

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

why is it called battlefield 1

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

ThePutty posted:

Because 7 8 9

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Also if they don't include a version of carrier assault/Titan that is literally zeppelin assault I will poop in their collective butts. Bonus points if you can win the game by shooting at the highly flammable gas balloon with incendiary rounds from across the map.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
The name is loving stupid but I'm down with the cape and setting. (The weirder and more Wolfensteiny the better though)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Assuming this leak is genuine, I have to say, it's pretty drat cool of them to actually make something that I think a very, very small part of the community ever asked for. Most seem to want WWII, 2143 or present day. So going back even beyond WWII and adding some own twist to it is...not the expected route. We'll see for sure in a couple of hours.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

ThePutty posted:

They spent all the money on the prerendered cutscenes and reload animations, not enough money for the "918".

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

They better allow terrain deformation so I can putter around building trenches.

Also, the whole game better not be just trenches. I want to have calvary charges dammit

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I wonder how much the story will pretend that WWI was fought solely between the US and the Nazis Krauts.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
I hope the only weapon unlocks are progessively longer bayonets.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
I'm just going to be amused when a WW1 game devolves into everyone using aviation carbines, browning autos and the MP18.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Mordja posted:

I wonder how much the story will pretend that WWI was fought solely between the US and the Nazis Krauts.

Picking up the Harlem Hellfighters for the cover makes me think they're digging a bit deeper than surface dirt level for their inspiration. Seeing a sikh regiment in game would be cool.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I expect to see a hindenberg style explosion in every map

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Mordja posted:

I can 100% guarantee that the Greek/French expeditionary force that shreked Bulgaria and there-by forcing Germany to surrender will not be in this game. Nor will any of the battles between the Czarists and the Ottomans.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

In this one if you're not fighting near or moving towards an objective you get executed for desertion. Instead of like COD victory poses for the winning team it shows the losing team tying up the lowest scoring team member to a post with a blindfold and shooting them.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

Picking up the Harlem Hellfighters for the cover makes me think they're digging a bit deeper than surface dirt level for their inspiration. Seeing a sikh regiment in game would be cool.

Holy gently caress would that be awesome, and sad at the same time, since 98% of the players would cry about "drat moslems invade our games naow"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Fellatio del Toro posted:

In this one if you're not fighting near or moving towards an objective you get executed for desertion. Instead of like COD victory poses for the winning team it shows the losing team tying up the lowest scoring team member to a post with a blindfold and shooting them.

press f to :commissar:

• Locked thread