Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Is the real life mode something enforceable to all players in a game or something that someone implemented? Do we all have also still have a max of 64 players?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Honestly, I was watching a Neebs YouTube video and they had a "name the BF3 map" game based on screenshots. Man that game had some great maps. I would drop full-price game money on a porting of all those maps to BF4. I prefer the game mechanics of 4, but the maps of 3.

I just wish you had to capture points sequentially and I have no idea why DICE refuses to implement this simple mechanic. 2124 executed this perfectly.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Kibayasu posted:

Because that's called "Rush."

Close but rush is only one way. One team is attack and the other defending. The roles aren't ever reversed during game play.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Capping points sequentially sucks rear end because it turns the game into a big meat-grinder. There were loads of maps like that in 2142 and even more in BC2 and they were all terrible.

A Battlefield is a meat grinder. My worst memories of Battlefield aren't being sniped, spawn camped it's walking around only to encounter one or two opponents or none at all for a whole game because everyone's so spread out.

K8.0 posted:

The only real problem with back capping is squad spawning. Dumbing down the game even more is not the solution, getting rid of some of the dumbing down is.

Unfortunately that will clearly never happen as BF continues to become ever more shallow, so you just gotta take it for what it is.

Incentivizing teamwork to capture point captures would help. For example, you must have certain amount of team members or a vehicle on the point to capture or it's a slower capture.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Was I the only one whom thoroughly enjoyed the obliteration game mode in BF4?

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Bloodplay it again posted:

Despite owning every BF game (aside from 2142) and signing up for every EA mailing list that has ever been in existence, I didn't get an invite to the BF1 alpha, which is disappointing since I actually have a computer that should be able to max it out at 2560x1440 now. Can't wait for this public test to start up soon. I'll finally get to see whether people can lie down on plane wings like in 1942.

I thought all you had to do was sign-up to be an insider.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

They changed the point system to move more awards towards accomplishing the objective than individual kills.

This is a good change.

A great change.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

afkmacro posted:

Why is this game so god drat expensive holy gently caress

I'm just buying the cheap versions because I have no interest in additional skins.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Digirat posted:

The best experience in bad company 2 was putting just a red dot sight on the .50 caliber bolt action sniper rifle and charging into the front lines, blasting people with your ridiculous elephant gun from 5 meters away

If only they'd add soldier of fortune gore mechanics...

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Fish Fry Andy posted:

I mean I can totally see where this could be a problem. If you put too much of an emphasis on capturing points people are going to be less likely to want to defend them. A similar situation happened in Planetside 2, and that wound up with giant balls of players roaming the map capturing points completely unopposed. That was sort of already normal behavior, but it was way worse than normal.

I think it would be better if they gave players a score income for capturing and holding points, rather than just a base bonus for capturing a point. That'd give some incentive to go back and defend instead of a constant ring around the rosey.

It may be a problem but they way it's being approached by LevelCap is entirely wrong. JackFrag's mentioned too that it may result in big groups of players continually going from Point-to-Point but never or never encountering each other. Not exactly a Battlefield.

Personally, I don't see a need to give points to defenders - it's not like the entire team should be roaming. I do feel teams should lose points for being reckless when throwing away spawns carelessly.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

-Recon is the only class that has bolt action rifles and every other class has automatic weapons that were either failed prototypes or nonexistent

so let me get this straight you'd rather every game everyone have a bolt-action rifle and sit in a trench for hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

SquadronROE posted:

Man that'd be awesome

If you die in-game you get charged another $60

Stand still in a trench too long a minimum wage EA employee comes to your house, takes off your socks, shoves your foot into a pail of muddy tainted water.

Then you get trench foot irk

• Locked thread