Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sure, sign me up. I have plat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Oorah let's get this game started. ##vote Tremendous Taste

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tommunist posted:

this is the info i want

##vote tt

Nice third vote... scum.

##unvote ##vote Tommunist

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I've never seen any of the Alien movies

Me neither. Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ninth picked up his gun. It was a big gun, and he felt good carrying it. Time used to be you didn't need a big gun to make it in space. That time was long gone. He put a cigarette to his mouth, then carefully lifted the muzzle to its tip. He fired one bullet into the ceiling, lighting it perfectly. It was a trick he had practiced 1030 times.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ninth didn't smoke out of habit, unless he had nothing better to do. He would much rather be smoking aliens, with his gun that is. Sadly both cigarettes and aliens were in short supply.

The last time Ninth had fought aliens, the result wasn't pretty. If anything it was horrifying. The guts, the blood everywhere. He woke up sometimes at night remembering the feeling of the blood and guts that had seeped through his armor. The bloody guts were still in that corridor for all Ninth knew. Not that he wanted to know.

One thing he knew was, it was going to happen again. drat aliens, Ninth thought to himself puffing on his cigarette. If only we'd figured out how to make that virus that killed any alien that wasn't human. It would have saved me a lot of bullets. Not that he was in the habit of saving bullets.

When would the horrors end? Only when Ninth retired would he truly know that the war was over. And he swore, long ago, never to abandon the fight while one single alien lived. They kill my family, he thought to himself while brooding, and I kill them back.

He smiled inwardly to himself. Alien killing was his business, and he was drat good at it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ninth scoffed his head at the foolish scientists voting for him. They never learn, he thought to himself. That science experiment that created and let loose the first alien was the reason this whole mess was even happening. The aliens may have killed his family, but that only happened because of scientists.

His gun finger was itching. He wanted to shoot some aliens, but a scientist would do. They were basically the same anyway.

The world was divided into two types, Ninth knew. The people with guns, and the ones who didn't have them,. He was thankful every day for the fact that he was one of the people in the first group, the ones with guns that is. Guns made everything simpler, he reflected dourly.

"I'm afraid that when it comes to this whole getting lynched thing, I'm just going to have to pass," he smirked while somehow also managing to smoke his cigarette while he talked. "Instead of going after me, maybe you should be going after the real threat. You know, the aliens that are going to kill us all?"

The same aliens that killed my family, he suddenly knew. His dour expression turned even more dour.

It was time... for eradication.

##unvote ##vote Absurd Revolver

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Absent-mindedly polishing his gun, Ninth was far from absent-minded when it came to his thoughts. They were spinning with scenarios, grinding out computations like a computer in the middle of some serious computing. Right now he was thinking about what he would drink later tonight, after he had smoked an alien or two.

Absurd Revolver posted:

I guess that's only fair. Sorry for the vote TNL, I was in a bad mood about mafias.

##unvote

This one post had been echoing through his head all day. It sounded a lot like what a slimy alien who overextended themselves on a bad vote would say. Too much apology, Ninth thought to himself.

Plus, Ninth remembered what his mom had said about the aliens, before she had been killed by them. "If his vote's in third place, he's from outer space." Wise words, and Ninth planned on living by them.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ninth whistled into the cold air of the chilly space base. "If there's one thing I know about Tremendous Taste," he said, "it's that he's a Marine."

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

"We were in the same squad. Got attacked by the aliens. It was a bloody mess... we lost a lot of good men." A single tear rolled down his cheek, though none could see it behind the imposing Space Armor, which somehow didn't prevent him from smoking the cigarette he was currently smoking.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

"Settling for a lurker lynch? Thought better of you scientists," Ninth said, frowning through a cloud of smoke.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ninth couldn't get the image of Absurd Revolver's face out of his head. That panicked look on his face as Ninth's gun swung up on him. No screams, no pleading, just a realization of what was about to happen. An expression wiped out instantly by one steaming hot ball of lead.

He'd waited by the corpse, expecting the body to shift into its true alien form. He'd even poked around at the brain a bit, just to see if touching it would turn it blue and glowing, like an alien brain. But no, nothing.

Ninth had to live with the fact that he was a murderer, and not just a murderer of aliens, but a murderer of humans too.

Oh well. He'd get over it with a drink, but now that one that was supposed to come after he'd smoked an alien or two would have to wait until he actually found those aliens or two.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ninth felt like he had spent most of the day grieving. Not for Absurd Revolver, who was really just one more in a long line of those misfortunate to get in his day, but for the child he had once been, the little Ninth that had never dreamed he'd be a killer when he grew up.

Jedit posted:

Not really, no. For one thing TNL didn't really claim, he just hinted that he and Taste are Masons - which they possibly are, because Taste hasn't denied it. But if we do flip Taste and he is a Town Mason, that still doesn't tell us whether TNL is a good guy. If we're going to flip one of them, I'd rather flip TNL because the only people who can say with confidence on Day 1 that a given person is Town are confirmed Masons and scum.

This post confused Ninth. "If you think I'm so scummy and such a great lynch, as you say practically every other post, then why aren't you voting me? You don't have a case beyond simple paranoia over claims."

##vote Jedit

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The horror. The gruesome horror. This time Ninth could not claim to be responsible for any of it. Alas, he'd only arrived with two bullets, and one of those he'd used as a cigarette lighter.

Well, there was a dead alien this time anyway. Ninth took that drink he'd been waiting to take.

"That lynch yesterday was scum-led," he said after a long, throaty sip. "Kumba did some legwork in making that case. Makes me a little more suspicious than PMom who was on that wagon the whole time." His stomach grew warm from the whiskey.

"Looking at his role it seems there are only two aliens. So one more and we should have this."

He sighed. He felt there wasn't much point on reflecting who Kumba may have interacted with, a 2-player partnership was a lot harder to detect than a bigger group would be.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

"He can communicate with 'the other Xenomorph.' Sounds like just one to me."

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ninth had been thinking of a plan of attack all day. But none came to his thick headed Marine head. Well, he'd just have to come up with a plan of attack the old fashioned way: by attacking.

Picking up his gun, he swung the muzzle deliberately over to Pinterest Mom. Then clearing his throat, to make sure everyone saw that he was pointing his gun at Pinterest Mom, he held the gun steady and grinned.

"It looks like today one of us is going to die, unless you tell me honestly, are you an alien???" Ninth's gun quivered in the air, as if he was wracked by tension over whether to shoot PMom or not, but that was just an affectation he put on. After all, nobody else knew he was out of bullets.

"Well???" he said, raising the empty gun as if about to shoot it.

##vote Pinterest Mom

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Ninth made a dramatic shift of the gun. "P-kow!" he said, while jerking the gun back as if he had shot it. "Does that look like the gun isn't loaded?" He shifted the gun dramatically back at Pinterest Mom's head.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Pinterest Mom posted:

I want Taste and TNL to be very explicit about whatever they have going on. I think TNL is saying he knows Taste's alignment, but Taste hasn't said the same back?

"I know he's a Marine like me, that's it. But speaking of being very explicit, are you an alien or not??? I already asked once! What do you have to hide?"

Ninth thought this ANarc lynch was built just on ANarc lurking. He didn't find that case very compelling at all.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

"I like that stuff that Gulag said about Infinitum, fits with what I have seen on this ship. Oorah," Ninth said while smoking three cigarettes at once.

##vote Infinitum

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

GG nice work Taste. Oorah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm going to take indirect credit for this victory since Taste dropped the hammer and I was the guy who saved his life.

• Locked thread