Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
its to commute in among other things, riding experience 0. yes I'm keeping the three fanny packs on, its actually been quite useful even in just one day (I put my inspection paperwork in there, bill of sale, 2 cokes, 1 mothers day card) AMA! :)

here's one with a pointless wide angle lens

i hope you enjoyed this, remember, AMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

What did you get your mother for mother's day?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

satanic splash-back posted:

What did you get your mother for mother's day?

a set of nice colored pencils because she is an artist

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Yeah but is the engine as big as MY DICK

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

thank you for your organs :)

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
where do you live? Ive thought about motorcycle when sitting in traffic for an hour to get to work, but feel like it would be way too dangerous on crowded Los Angeles streets

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

What color is your helmet?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
zoom zoom

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
motorcycles are rad as hell.

congrats, and be safe.

Gomi Day fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 7, 2016

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Nooner posted:

where do you live? Ive thought about motorcycle when sitting in traffic for an hour to get to work, but feel like it would be way too dangerous on crowded Los Angeles streets

dallas tx, although north dallas where the traffic is particularly bad. its already been an adventure playing dodgems but its really compounded by the fact ive only driven a motorcycle no more than 15 mph before

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

doin what i can, im wearing like full body armor to really protect as many asp ossible

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Nooner posted:

dallas tx, although north dallas where the traffic is particularly bad. its already been an adventure playing dodgems but its really compounded by the fact ive only driven a motorcycle no more than 15 mph before

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

doin what i can, im wearing like full body armor to really protect as many asp ossible

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

gotta go fast

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Do you have good life insurance for when you get hit by someone driving an suv and texting simultaneously?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Have you jerked off on it yet

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

What color is your helmet?

black , which i thought would get hot, but so far it hasnt. fukken expensive though but after trying on c heap ones and then nicer ones I was like, gently caress im shelling out for this bitch

Gomi Day posted:

this your first?

yes. ive been a car dood for 11 years, the first 5 were the very illegal sort. ive cooled off though and ive always wanted a motorcycle so here we are! also no more car payments and my insurance is $125 a year (vs $190 a month)

Do you have good life insurance for when you get hit by someone driving an suv and texting simultaneously?

No.

Lemon posted:

Have you jerked off on it yet

No.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm buying my first one later this summer. Taking the Motorcycle training course, of course. did you?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

???

Why have you made this thread

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

yes. ive been a car dood for 11 years, the first 5 were the very illegal sort. ive cooled off though and ive always wanted a motorcycle so here we are! also no more car payments and my insurance is $125 a year (vs $190 a month)

rad
(i somehow totally missed the zero experience part)

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

The Bananana posted:

I'm buying my first one later this summer. Taking the Motorcycle training course, of course. did you?

Yes. It was rather a steep learning curve, but it was very good. I can say it was worth every penny. I was not expecting that at all.

That being said it was very clearly not enough to get you truly ready for the streets, but it'd have to be like a week long for that I bet. They crammed in 17 hours in two days though so there was little more they could do.

Lemon posted:

???

Why have you made this thread

Validation, I will accept positive support as encouragement for my choices, but I will simultaneously view any criticism as misinformed negativity rooted in ignorance. This way I win either way in my head, while being able to totally ignore reality (whether it lines up with what I believe or not!)

penus penus penus fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 7, 2016

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sweet ride OP. Motorcycles are super useful in Europe cos it's overcrowded as gently caress and the roads are so congested.

I have thought about getting one a few times, but I've had friends that had...er...incidents....

What bike is it? My dad had a Hayabusa back in the day and that thing would 200MPH or something if he wasn't so fat.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
nice bike, it is an sv650? i hope you enjoy manny happy days with your new purchase

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

I want a bike, but i just bought a new car last year, what the gently caress is wrong wigh me???

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
you're gonna die, clown

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

a messed up horse posted:

you're gonna die, clown

lol nuke the ocean from orbit goonsir

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

spud posted:

Sweet ride OP. Motorcycles are super useful in Europe cos it's overcrowded as gently caress and the roads are so congested.

I have thought about getting one a few times, but I've had friends that had...er...incidents....

What bike is it? My dad had a Hayabusa back in the day and that thing would 200MPH or something if he wasn't so fat.

For many weeks now I've been viewing motorcycle wreck videos and various mishaps involving them. It seems like a huge portion of them are filmed in Europe, although that's kind of rolling Russia into that which is admittedly unfair. I'd be a little more nervous depending on where I was in Europe(/Russia/Asia)

Enfield posted:

nice bike, it is an sv650? i hope you enjoy manny happy days with your new purchase

it is, with the exhaust it sounds like a baby sti with an open downpipe, yet looks like a cruiser/sportbike baby. very cool. I am a little uncomfortable with how little I know motorcycle specific maintenance though

jeff smisek posted:

I want a bike, but i just bought a new car last year, what the gently caress is wrong wigh me???

I feel ya, I was looking at my payments on my car and the thought of how much interest was getting pissed away was ... annoying every single month. I still have my car but its being sold in 14 days for a fair price and it'll be paid off. I already feel the weight lifted man!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

How different is riding a motorcycle on a road than on dirt? I have about the same amount of experience as you op

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

How different is riding a motorcycle on a road than on dirt? I have about the same amount of experience as you op

very

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

For many weeks now I've been viewing motorcycle wreck videos and various mishaps involving them. It seems like a huge portion of them are filmed in Europe, although that's kind of rolling Russia into that which is admittedly unfair. I'd be a little more nervous depending on where I was in Europe(/Russia/Asia)

it is, with the exhaust it sounds like a baby sti with an open downpipe, yet looks like a cruiser/sportbike baby. very cool. I am a little uncomfortable with how little I know motorcycle specific maintenance though

enjoy it, man.

a buddy of mine's dad is selling me his 03 Harley sportster. it looks alright. mainly starting there cause ive been told I'm gonna lay my first bike down, so I don't want to do it on a new bike. did you get told the same?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

I actually have ridden a dirt bike for a bit. I'd say road is considerably more predictable and natural imo. Like the very first corner I had to make today at a real speed just sort of happened perfectly with no thought at all.

still a little apprehensive about the highway though

The Bananana posted:

enjoy it, man.

a buddy of mine's dad is selling me his 03 Harley sportster. it looks alright. mainly starting there cause ive been told I'm gonna lay my first bike down, so I don't want to do it on a new bike. did you get told the same?

Yes, and I followed the advice. This bike was topping my cheap bike limit I set but it was still sub $3000. It needs a little love and I'm going to do all the fluids here sometime and try to get it as fresh as possible. The gear was what killed me though...

penus penus penus fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 7, 2016

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Windows 98 posted:

Yeah but is the engine as big as MY DICK

cant believe I missed this important one

and no, it is not

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
my dick is 1,299 cubic centimeters

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

nice displacement

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Did you know H2 is now Viceland?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Gomi Day posted:

congrats, and be safe.

oh yeah this one too thanks man!!

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Is it fast enough to get away from cops? The majority of people I know that have bikes have run from the cops at least once successfully so you might want to start considering what to do in that situation

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
good job, needledick

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

how long do you just idle and rev it without actually going anywhere so that everyone in a mile radius knows that there's an obnoxious cocksucker in the area

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Everything you need to know about riding safely can be found in this DMX instructional video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThlhSnRk21E

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Ya hit any sweet jumps with it yet?

I do lots of wheelies and hit sweet jumps with mine:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

rio posted:

Is it fast enough to get away from cops? The majority of people I know that have bikes have run from the cops at least once successfully so you might want to start considering what to do in that situation

This is bad advice, ignore this man.

I know from experience.

• Locked thread