Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Murmur Twin posted:

And for the sake of helping out here, I have some information (that I wanted to confirm with CPig before sharing):

I am a watcher and watched YPM last night. No one visited him. I'm not really sure what to make of that.

Maybe he visited someone who killed him upon visiting? Is that a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Absurd Revolver posted:

I don't see how claiming watcher and giving us useless information looks like anything but a desperate attempts to displace blame.

Also, how do you explain your voting on D1?

##vote Absurd Revolver - the fact that he's not even considering "what if Murmur is telling the truth and I'm trying to get a town PR lynched?" makes me think he's faking an opinion.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Whoops.

I pulled the voting right from the votefinder post, didn't think to remove the dead one before I cased them!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mayor Glowku posted:

The explanations I can come up with in order of likelihood are:

(a) scum has a ninja
(b) there's a bus driver or some other fuckery with targets
(c) YPM ran into a PGO and scum withheld the kill / got doctored / poisoned someone

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
It's a really weird time for MMT to claim. I don't really know what to make of it yet.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Kashuno posted:

It's a really weird time for MMT to claim. I don't really know what to make of it yet.

It's a way smaller game than normal - with only 7 players left I don't think there's any benefit in waiting, especially given that my result indicates that something out of the ordinary happened.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I also don't like so many people calling out MMT but not voting.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Kashuno posted:

I also don't like so many people calling out MMT but not voting.

Fair enough, I thought it might be too early for a vote.

##vote: MMT

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm at work so I can't do a major read, but MMT is pretty clearly not scum here and that is a pretty clear attempt to get her voted off.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote absurd

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I would argue that D1 lynches almost always hit town, and now the game has a higher concentration of people trying to hunt scum.

:yeah:

Murmur Twin posted:

I am a watcher and watched YPM last night. No one visited him. I'm not really sure what to make of that.

Murmur Twin posted:

It's fine, either (a) I'm lynched and you see I was telling the truth, (b) scum NKs me and you see I was telling the truth, or (c) scum lets me live and risks getting caught watched. I voted for BK because he didn't post any game content, which is as reliable of a method to scumhunt on D1 as any other.

I feel like you're forgetting that town doesn't know who scum is and sometimes - often, in fact - doesn't get scum on the first day.

Murmur Twin posted:

The explanations I can come up with in order of likelihood are:

(a) scum has a ninja
(b) there's a bus driver or some other fuckery with targets
(c) YPM ran into a PGO and scum withheld the kill / got doctored / poisoned someone

Weirdly timed claim - I wish you had waited for more people to check in for the day first, so we could maybe catch a lie. But the thought process here feels genuine, and I agree that with a small game like this, holding meaningful results close to your chest becomes less useful.

That being said, assuming you're not fakeclaiming watcher (risky but possible) I think scum having a ninja is the most probable option (as a direct counter to a watcher). The OP said that roles would be standard, so Occam's Razor.

Absurd is looking pretty bad for this immediate push on MMT but I'm not going to put him at -1 till everyone checks in.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

And I'm more than a little bit suspicious that 4/7ths of the game (Glowku, Kash, AR, AA) started day 2 in full agreement about who they think is scummiest.

This also bothers me. I looked back at who YPM cased on d1 - he was most ready to vote out Glowku and AR, notably.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Right now I'm currently most suspicious of Absurd Revolver and Kashuno. AR makes a big list of posters, and Kashuno made some pretty bad votes yesterday.

Glowku doesn't ping me as scum.

I think this is the right vote, and yes it's more of a gutfeel based on their post history....

##vote Kashuno

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also neither of them mention one another outside of Absurd responding to Kash's untargeted remark about suspicion on MMT and Kash's unexplained vote on absurd.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Also neither of them mention one another outside of Absurd responding to Kash's untargeted remark about suspicion on MMT and Kash's unexplained vote on absurd.

I'm voting absurd because they didn't vote MMT after saying they were scum, but the second I mention that it's pretty scummy the way people are doing exactly that, they self consciously vote.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
also it's funny how I had "bad votes" when I wasn't on the town lynch

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

also it's funny how I had "bad votes" when I wasn't on the town lynch

Just because you're not on the D1 town lynch doesn't mean you are not scum.

There was the nonsense with Podima, Myself and then yourself vote then you vote BK, unvote because he dies a lot D1 and then vote Glowku before disappearing at deadline. Didn't seem like you were actually making a conscious effort even with your own obligations.

Also your absurd vote feels like bussing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Just because you're not on the D1 town lynch doesn't mean you are not scum.

There was the nonsense with Podima, Myself and then yourself vote then you vote BK, unvote because he dies a lot D1 and then vote Glowku before disappearing at deadline. Didn't seem like you were actually making a conscious effort even with your own obligations.

Also your absurd vote feels like bussing.

Bussing in this scenario makes no sense. MMT is getting a lot of suspicion, and the claim isn't going to save her since it could be completely fake. There's no advantage in trying to bus someone here.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Absurd Revolver (2): Murmur Twin, Kashuno
Murmur Twin (1): Absurd Revolver
Kashuno (1): Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (3): CCKeane, Mayor Glowku, Podima

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 11th, 2016 at noon EDT -- that's in about 20 hours, 5 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor Glowku posted:

Oh I missed this - that's called a Paranoid Gun Owner, but I'm skeptical that we have one in this game. (They're relatively uncommon.)

Also that votecount reminds me that everyone HAS checked in. Small games are nice!

My current thinking:

Absurd Revolver - bad push on MMT today, was cased by YPM yesterday (so could be connected to the NK) and was flying under the radar on d1. Did the classic 'throw shade fast but don't actually vote until called out' scum maneuver.

Anomalous Amalgam - agree with their analysis thus far today, and the conversation/argument we had yesterday sorted out in a way that gives me good vibes.

CCKeane - need some more analysis and content from you, please check in today. What's your thought process? Who are the scum?

Glowku - need more from you today too, was cased by YPM yesterday. Killing someone who fingered you is a classic newbie scum move.

Kashuno - :siren: upon reread, has almost no content for d1 other than terse votes and was obviously not reading the thread? Immediately started pushing Glowku and MMT out of the gate today.

MMT - uncountered role claim, genuine thought processes. Timing of their claim rubs me the wrong way but that's minor.

Right now I'd vote towards AR or Kashuno, pending actual content from Keane and Glowku.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Bussing in this scenario makes no sense. MMT is getting a lot of suspicion, and the claim isn't going to save her since it could be completely fake. There's no advantage in trying to bus someone here.

Also I want to address this separately - I've seen you bus scumbuds hard on multiple occasions, jumping right on when someone makes a case. (Ecco's soldiers game and El Dorado come to mind off the top of my head) The fact that you're trying to argue logically against bussing in this scenario seems fake.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pushing glowku and MMT right out of the gate, but vote neither and actually settle my vote on someone else. Having suspicion is perfectly normal, especially given how the BK lynch went.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
N

Podima posted:

Also I want to address this separately - I've seen you bus scumbuds hard on multiple occasions, jumping right on when someone makes a case. (Ecco's soldiers game and El Dorado come to mind off the top of my head) The fact that you're trying to argue logically against bussing in this scenario seems fake.

No one made a case against AR. The only other AR vote is

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote Absurd Revolver - the fact that he's not even considering "what if Murmur is telling the truth and I'm trying to get a town PR lynched?" makes me think he's faking an opinion.

which is pretty much a normal response/could be considered omgus

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Having suspicion is perfectly normal, especially given how the BK lynch went.

Can you expand on this, please?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Sure. I decided to take a look at people who seemed to be all over the place first, and we can see that MMT and Glowku look to be all over the board. They were throwing votes at whatever seemed to stick. I didn't even go back and read d1 content at the time, as stated in my post here:

Kashuno posted:

WOW HOW UNEXPECTED

Gonna have to reread to see when votes shifted but Glowku and MMT stand out to me immediately.

Of the players on the vote, YPM is cleared and I have a town vibe from Podima. This leaves MMT, Glowku, and AA. As stated above, I decided to start with people who were all over the place.

We see that Podima had started to say let's lynch a lurker, which is fine in and of itself. MMT votes Glowku in one post, goes to AA in the next, and then settles in on a lurker lynch. Glowku, meanwhile, does not have a serious vote in all of d1. I felt that it was suspicious how they seemed to work well in tandem, choosing BK as the lurker of choice to go afer.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Headed to a final. Will post aftee

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
gl brah

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

No one made a case against AR. The only other AR vote is

which is pretty much a normal response/could be considered omgus

"case" was meant to be a subjective term - you tend to be a quick voter, and I've seen you toss votes onto scumbuds before with no issue when someone starts in on them. It's ultimately a null tell, I was mostly taking offense to your trying to frame bussing from a logical standpoint when I don't think that's actually how you play.

Also thanks for the breakdown of your thought process, much appreciated.

Kashuno posted:

We see that Podima had started to say let's lynch a lurker, which is fine in and of itself. MMT votes Glowku in one post, goes to AA in the next, and then settles in on a lurker lynch. Glowku, meanwhile, does not have a serious vote in all of d1. I felt that it was suspicious how they seemed to work well in tandem, choosing BK as the lurker of choice to go afer.

MMT vote sequence was: Kashuno jokevote -> AA vote -> YPM lurker shade -> AR lurker vote -> Glowku vote -> AA vote -> BK lurker lynch, for reference. I see your point about the jumping around and potential coordination, but it's a little :ironicat: for you to nudge people for tossing votes around. :) I just have a hard time getting past my town read on MMT and the lack of a counterclaim.

I agree that Glowku didn't do much serious voting at all on d1, and floated over to BK with very little provocation: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775082&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post459700570

Let's see what others think. (GL with the final, Glowku)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm not voting MMT right now and don't plan on voting her for the time being, even though I feel like the claim timing was strange. AR meanwhile was really self conscious about my post.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

And I'm back at least to phone posting. Sup

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
howd the final go

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Kashuno posted:

howd the final go

I feel sick lol. Absolutely brutal

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hello I am here.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

My phone is dying.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I am sitting at a computer.

...so is anyone going to case me? Or anyone else? I still think Revolver is scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mayor Glowku posted:

My phone is dying.

So are all of us, slowly.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

...so is anyone going to case me? Or anyone else? I still think Revolver is scum.

I'm going to ##vote MMT because you are being a nancy

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

I'd buy it, but didn't AR also give his YPM read after YPM died? Also isn't AR way relatively new?

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I'm newer. No excuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Mayor Glowku posted:

I'm going to ##vote MMT because you are being a nancy

I'd like to think I'm more Nancy Drew and less Nancy Reagan.

• Locked thread