Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
N nominee for president of the United States, what I've frequently been told is the most powerful nation of the world. Pretty much all the media portrays him as psychotic, and the people just keep hungering for more. My discomfort gross as I realize that all these people in the stands are genuinely excited . They are not in on our "haha isn't it funny that Donald Trump might be president?" joke.

For them this is real, and suddenly I am scared.

What is it going to be like to actually see him in person, after all this time thinking of him as an abstract concept?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Why aren't you in the Trump Pit?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
The TSA and the Secret Sercice are here, which makes sense considering that Donald trump is the nominee for president of the United States oh my god oh my god oh my god

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I probably cannot lawfully encourage you to assassinate him.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Peachstapler posted:

Why aren't you in the Trump Pit?

Dude when you turn 26 you'll choose confort over seeing the historical orange man that much closer every time.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

congrats on your lifestyle

Devil Bird Thing
Mar 12, 2001

Pardon me, do you have a moment to speak about our Lord & Savior, Devil Bird Thing?
Trump Baby Hands, would you say that you have heard more racial/ethnic slurs or more gender-based slurs as part of this audience?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

hemophilia posted:

I probably cannot lawfully encourage you to assassinate him.

I would never do that. There are a lot of things in this area that are designed to make sure something like that doesn't happen. When we walked in a frat bro wanted to bring in his goddamn vuvuzela into the stadium. When secret service told him he'd have to grow it away he asked if he could just "toss it over the fence and get it later". It was interesting to watch the face of the secret service dude as he processed the dumbest thing that has ever been said to him.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

StevePerry has issued a correction as of 06:52 on Nov 8, 2016

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

I would never do that. There are a lot of things in this area that are designed to make sure something like that doesn't happen. When we walked in a frat bro wanted to bring in his goddamn vuvuzela into the stadium. When secret service told him he'd have to grow it away he asked if he could just "toss it over the fence and get it later". It was interesting to watch the face of the secret service dude as he processed the dumbest thing that has ever been said to him.

It sucks i can't tell you to attempt it anyway.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Zen Dudeism posted:

Trump Baby Hands, would you say that you have heard more racial/ethnic slurs or more gender-based slurs as part of this audience?

No slurs at all, but definitely lots of sharing of stdh stories about argument against people who were the REAL racists.

A person leans over an whispers conspiritorially to another, "There's a group of guys over there from Feseral Way. One of them is Hispanic. Totally for trump." The other nods in approval.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Peachstapler posted:

My kids are almost that old.

Once an athlete always an athlete. I'll stand for Trump.

Mozel tov on your thriving family

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Mozel tov on your thriving family
Thank you.

What's the swag scene like? At the very least are they selling MAGA hats?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Peachstapler posted:

Thank you.

What's the swag scene like? At the very least are they selling MAGA hats?

The rules of Capitalism and the art of the deal demanded that vendors hawk really poorly made tshirts and hat replicas. I haven't seen an official Merch table anywhere. I can't confirm whether any of the shoddy mercy that was sold was sold in line was made in China, like my own personal Make Amwrica Grwat Again Hat that I bought for 10 dollars on amazon for this occasion

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Political rallies I have been to: Barack Obama 2008, Barack Obama 2012, and Bernie rally. The way I felt before, during and after these events: mostly okay.

How I felt before Donald Drump rally: this will be fun and funny
How I feel now, about the sniper platform within 50 yards of me: not great.
How I feel about the fact that I'm not going to take a picture of it and post it because so would most likely be thrown in jail: bad. Sad.
The person behind me just yelled "I want that shirt, Hillary for prison!" You Can't Always Get What You Want is begins playing on the speakers. My phone's battery inches south of 13%.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

By the way they made, if one thing emerges from this thread I want it to be this: they made us throw away our water when we came in and now we have to pay 3 dollars to get a tiny 8oz bottle from a "charity" water bottle stand

TRUMP

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

By the way they made, if one thing emerges from this thread I want it to be this: they made us throw away our water when we came in and now we have to pay 3 dollars to get a tiny 8oz bottle from a "charity" water bottle stand

TRUMP

Blame security theater for that, not Trump.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Political rallies I have been to: Barack Obama 2008, Barack Obama 2012, and Bernie rally. The way I felt before, during and after these events: mostly okay.

How I felt before Donald Drump rally: this will be fun and funny
How I feel now, about the sniper platform within 50 yards of me: not great.
How I feel about the fact that I'm not going to take a picture of it and post it because so would most likely be thrown in jail: bad. Sad.
The person behind me just yelled "I want that shirt, Hillary for prison!" You Can't Always Get What You Want is begins playing on the speakers. My phone's battery inches south of 13%.

the rolling stones asked trump to stop playing them at his rallies so he plays You Can't Always Get What You Want. lol

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

the rolling stones asked trump to stop playing them at his rallies so he plays You Can't Always Get What You Want. lol

:perfect:

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

Honestly you kind of have to at that point. I keep wavering on whether this is a carefully crafted playlists created by fallen psychologists Trump hired to communicate his messages, or if they just hook up an AUX chord to trump's ITunes and press play. Before Trump's stuff started up they played the first XX album from front-to-back. I want to know who was in charge of making that decision.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Everything they say about trump supporters is true. They are nice, blue cholar white, love the idea of a wall, angry. Excited to see trump in the flesh. Misnformed. They are Americans. I am in he bleachers of America. Woman behind me: "We're missing the Kountucky Derby. Don't worry, I recorded it."

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Don't do it - if you lay your eyes on Donald Trump, you'll turn to stone!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
You could probably take a picture of the sniper tower.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Everything they say about trump supporters is true. They are nice, blue cholar white, love the idea of a wall, angry. Excited to see trump in the flesh. Misnformed. They are Americans. I am in he bleachers of America. Woman behind me: "We're missing the Kountucky Derby. Don't worry, I recorded it."

surprised one of the tvs isnt on the derby

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

You're probably in for a real show...
https://twitter.com/NYTnickc/status/729062396677922816

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

They just played the "don't touch the protestors" wanting. Friends, you HAVE to go to one of these, there is nothing more unsettling then an omnipresent voice arising out of nowhere to tell you about how Mr. Trump supporters the first amendment equally as much as he supports the second amendment, but that some people have taken to crashing MR. TRUMP'S PRIVATE EVENT and to promote their OWN POLITICIAL AGENDA boooo, the crowd boooooos, and I boo with them because I do not want to die

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
my state's primary was too early to hear the "don't touch the protesters" warning when I saw baby hands man speak. you're real lucky Trumps Baby Hands

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

They just played the "don't touch the protestors" wanting. Friends, you HAVE to go to one of these, there is nothing more unsettling then an omnipresent voice arising out of nowhere to tell you about how Mr. Trump supporters the first amendment equally as much as he supports the second amendment, but that some people have taken to crashing MR. TRUMP'S PRIVATE EVENT and to promote their OWN POLITICIAL AGENDA boooo, the crowd boooooos, and I boo with them because I do not want to die

He is 100% correct though? You can protest an event, you can't disrupt an event.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

I am that rear end in a top hat, the one who stays silent during the pledge. Not just "under God silent", but total stillness. Why in the gently caress would I pledge my allergies was to a piece of loving cloth?

I just pledged allergens to that flag as hard as I've ver pledged for anything ever. I even nodded when I applauded after, as if satiated by this amazing opportunity to display my patriotism

Nooooo it's not as fun as it looks on tv oh god

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

The person at the podium is defending he 3 dollar bottles of water. For the first time, I'm not the only one who didn't clap

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Powercrazy posted:

He is 100% correct though? You can protest an event, you can't disrupt an event.

I've always agreed with the logic of that, but the experience of it is way way way different when it's being filtered through layers of manipulatipns and demagoguery

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand

But oh how it feels so real
Lying here with no one near
Only you and you can hear me
When I say softly, slowly

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

people are arguing about various conflicting reports as to the whereabouts of Mr. Trump.

Is he in a car on the way? Is he still on the plane? Is te plane taxing? Is there a laptop on his lap? Is the tv on.

Next to me, a man says to his friend, "Trump... Trump's like us. He's a redneck. I like him."

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

People are getting antsy since they're having to get updates from their family members at home watching TV. It'll be interesting to see how long the locality lasts in his tardiness, who gets blamed.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

My phone is about to die, but people are saying that protestors are blocking the route of his motorcade? Is this true? Please god don't let this be true

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

My phone is about to die, but people are saying that protestors are blocking the route of his motorcade? Is this true? Please god don't let this be true

There are protesters for sure, but I can't find any reports of them blocking him. There are officers guarding the route he's taking.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Live broadcast shows Trump's motorcade heading to Lynden right now.

Edit: http://www.king5.com/news/local/supporters-line-lyndens-streets-ahead-of-trump-rally/179120874

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

I've always agreed with the logic of that, but the experience of it is way way way different when it's being filtered through layers of manipulatipns and demagoguery

Yea, Trump can certainly be correct in a way that makes people uncomfortable.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Powercrazy posted:

yeah but some of the people who have been thrown out of Trump's events have done little other than hold an opposing sign or wear an opposing tshirt which is not really "disrupting" anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Earwicker posted:

yeah but some of the people who have been thrown out of Trump's events have done little other than hold an opposing sign or wear an opposing tshirt which is not really "disrupting" anything

At that point it gets murky. Private venues don't have the most consistent legal standards. So at a "private event" it seems like you'd be in the clear for letting whoever you want in, or kicking whoever you don't want out, for any reason at all. You could certainly argue about what constitutes a "private event" though.

• Locked thread