Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
EDIT 2: Picture, Backstory and other tid bits to follow.

When Robert Likely was bitten by a giant radioactive space amoeba, he was changed into the dividing and conquering superhero known as MULTIMAN, possessing the ability to replicate himself up to 100 times, to 100 co-ordinated men of the same power.

Since his retirement, his son David Likely has since inherited the title! And with the new generation comes new developments, for not only does David have the original power of separating into up to 100 men, in his combined form he has the strength of one HUNDRED men! A hero for the nation, a real up and comer of our time, with assistance by the lovely Rosie Parks, and his wizz-kid brother Trev 'Multiplex' Likely there is not a force that can stand up to this dynamic superman!

But. This is not the story about David Likely, Natural Wunderkid and all around nice guy, this is the story about Trevor Likely.

Trevor Likely is the story of being dealt a raw deal from the moment you were born. Trevor Likely is the story of a gift being turned into a horrible curse by a freak genetic flaw. Trevor has cancer, when you have cancer in a body that replicates itself, it's not a great time for the person involved. Trevor can't replicate into up to 100 men, but he can replicate up to 100 tumors across his body instead, that can turn into other bodyparts. Trevor is going to die, Trevor knows he is going to die, and he had resigned himself to a life of mission support to his healthier brother who is honestly doing everything he can for his little brother but this is a condition that is incredibly hard to shake even with the modern science of this day and age. They are all aware that one day the condition will grow to a point where the only thing Trevor has to look forward to, is a slow decline and they are hoping to all hope that the medical world will come through with a cure before the disease claims him.

But now, Trevor is done waiting for a miracle. This is the story about what someone is willing to do to escape an inevitable death.

He is willing to become a monster, to save a man.

quote:

The Centipede, The Hood.

Look: Man, White, Boring Clothing, Concealing Costume, Disfigurement.
Abilities: Strange Symbiote + Self Multiplication = Watch me do freaky stuff with my face and body.
Assets: Communicators 'On loan'

Labels:

Freak: +1
Danger: +0
Trouble: +0
Superior: -1
Menace: +3

Curses!
□ □ □ □ □
Every time you roll a miss on a move, mark Curses!

Facet - Freak

Once per issue, you may switch the rating of your Menace and your Facet label, whenever you affirm the identity of your Facet identity. You may also change a Facet label by marking a condition at any time.

The Other
-□ Has a superhero sibling.
-□ Has a terminal illness.
-□ Has a heroic identity.
-□ Has a nosy best friend.

Moves

□ Many Faces
Whenever you change outfit or identity, even if only in part, roll using a Facet Label. On a 10+, clear a condition. On a 7-9, you may change one marked condition for another.

□ Danger, Diabolik!
Whenever you allow yourself to be captured, revealed, or caught on camera and your disguised visage given the center of attention, roll using a Facet Label. On a hit, hold 1 Infamy. On a 7-9, choose one.
-Someone from your secret life becomes suspicious.
-Something from your secret life becomes endangered.
-Somewhere from your secret life becomes exposed.

Plan Moves

When you meddle in the plots of others… ask them if they think they can see past the hood. They can’t, but they may lie to you. If they lie and say they do, take Influence on them, and they may shift Labels. If they tell the truth and say they do not, shift Menace up and any other label down.

When others meddle in your plots… decide whether they are shattered reflections or fog on the glass. If they are shattered reflections, change a Facet to their highest Label and clear a condition. If they are fog on the glass, mark Curses! and give them Influence over you.

When you stop to gloat about your master plan… tell them exactly who you think you are, right now. Roll a Facet Label. On a hit, choose one. On a 10+, hold Infamy.
-Give them Influence over you, clear a condition.
-Mark a condition, take Influence over them.
-Change the Facet Label you rolled.

Moment of Triumph

It’s time to become the mask. Everything before this moment was just pretending. For a time, you know exactly what you are, what you’ve become. The Other for the time being is completely gone. It is irrelevant, and without it weighing you down, you can do the impossible… Until the reminder comes of what you once were, and perhaps still are, and everything comes crashing back down on you.

Backstory

-When did you first take on your villainous identity?
-What makes your Facets different from the Other?
-Who, outside your peers, knows your secret identity?
-Why do you try to be a villain?
-Why do you suffer the others?

During our first caper…

We kidnapped someone really important, who knows our name and helped spread the word, inadvertently or not. Who was it? Why were they important?

Relationships

___________________ knew you first as the Other, but hasn’t made the connection.
You know that ___________________ has been snooping around trying to uncover your secret identity.

Influence

You find yourself taking after others almost instinctively, considering the void where your identity is. Give Influence to three of your peers

quote:

When did you first take on your villainous identity?

It started as a sort of, fancy. It was after the latest round of treatments failed, and I was having a really bad day with it. So I went out; I got drunk, I got in a fight, and the other guy had friends. You give yourself a fake name to avoid a beatdown, and then it sticks when it turns out you put 8 men in the hospital single handedly (Well giant hand made up of hundred of smaller hands anyway). Turns out my hundred man strength is the same no matter how many bodies or parts of bodies I make, fancy that? It made me feel all, warm and fuzzy inside, the feeling that you aren't as weak as you thought you were, isn't it great?

A week later I got approached for 'scholarship' it went sort of crazy from there.

quote:

What makes your Facets different from the Other?

Trevor Likely is an unfortunate mutant whose own power is killing him, what a poor and tragic soul, he has to get around the house in a wheelchair now a days did you know? Poor boy.

Centipede is a mutant whose own power is killing him, but what a power, I've found I can do things with this poo poo that David isn't even aware of. Did you know that I can imperfectly replicate my features to change how I look? These horrible looking facial tumors that is all the authorities and witnesses remember when making a police statement? I can have them off in an instant, but it pays to advertise doesn't it? And I can replicate copies of myself like David can too I have found, and change how they look, multiple doppelgangers under my control, it's an incredibly useful power! (But I don't do it that often because it bloody hurts.)

quote:

Who, outside your peers, knows your secret identity?

A handful of police officers, who can never find me, and think I am at least 4 different people from my last count. A handful of witnesses, who can never give a proper facial recognition. And, well okay David 'Multiman' Likely, my brother, is getting involved in this case and his girlfriend and good friend of mine Rosie Parks. After all this power is somewhat similar to his own, so he has taken it on himself to track this man down. He won't find anything, he is relying on tip offs from his mission control to track down the 'Centipede Monsters' that has been terrorizing the city lately, and his mission support is me, so I send him on wild goose chases.

I almost feel bad, David's a good fighter but he never was any good at putting two and two together. And I am running this poo poo like a hundred handed shell game.

Rosie on the other hand knows this sort of thing being a police inspector and has been following leads on the case of the Centipede, and I think she has a vague idea that it's somehow all the same person rather then separate criminals like the police believe, but I am planning this poo poo in advance, she find out enough but never too much. And all she knows me as is the sweet little brother who is now a days is confined to a wheelchair, and can't leave the house, it counts in my favour I think.

quote:

Why do you try to be a villain?

Because being a superhero is just a pipedream now, and being a sidekick hasn't worked out on the overall goal of not getting killed by my own superpowers. David tries, oh he does try so very hard to find a cure he really does, but the thing about modern science is that there are rules, and things you have to follow to stay inside the law, like how Stem cell research has slowed to a crawl because the one best source of stem cells is a developing embryo, and people get awfully intense about that kind of thing.

The super-villain world, doesn't have those limitations, I saw a man one time who could turn people into dinosaurs! Dinosaurs! He essentially had the cure to just about every genetic condition in the world and he used it to make dinosaurs instead. That's what I need, no laws, no limitations just someone to just loving pull the lever and cure me.

And I am tired of just living in my brother's shadow all the time man. Envy is an insidious killer, I'm trying very hard to avoid it but you know I think I am starting to think if it wasn't for the fact that I am just dying all the time, I would be a better Multiman then him.

quote:

Why do you suffer the others?

I'm a known superhero sidekick; with a famous superhero brother, from a famous superhero family, in a world of villains some of whom have probably gotten their poo poo ruined by my dad, or my brother at one point in time or another, this is really the perfect time to be picky about who I get put with on a super-villain team. I'm going to just have to roll with whoever I get partnered up with even if I wish for them all to take a flying leap at times, because if the information about the above gets out I am going to be in for a lot of incident in my life. And incident is what I want to avoid.

quote:

Please provide me a villainous monologue.

They tell me, "It's not your fault, these things just happen sometimes."
They tell me, "It's just fate, no one can control me."
They tell me, "What's important is that you live life to the fullest right now."

I listen to these people tell me how sorry they feel for me, and how they wish they could help but there's nothing that they can do and oh if there is anything you can do to make you feel better ju- get that poo poo, out of my face, how dare they?

I don't want their drat pity, I want to not feel like I am on a short clock to death! I want to feel like a have more chance then a snowball in hell that I might see 30! I want someone to do something, I want to live dammit!

They stand there and offer me platitudes and apologies like I have any use for them, like I am going to suddenly feel better that I am nearly 33% tumours at this point because someone said something nice to me, and think that patting me on the head and telling me I am good boy and there's nothing I could do is a cure-all remedy for my constant unceasing pain that I have to live with every day. I despise them, they never do anything, and I don't expect them to do anything now, I don't expect anyone to to anything for me anymore. So I'm going to do it myself, and do it better, better then all those whey-faced apologists and soppy appeasers, and sentimental bleeding hearts, because Multiplex gets results when he has to do it himself, Trevor Likely gets results when he has to do it himself.

The Centipede will get results, because he has to do it himself. And he does not, fail.

quote:

Please insult me with your most villainous, overblown invective.

Are you actually going to follow through this one?

I mean, you ran the Holy Roman Empire Multiplayer Let's Play and abandoned it because it was too much hard work, the That Which Sleeps game and abandoned it because it was also too much hard work, and the only thing you seem to be able to keep going is fussy overly emotional monster teenagers with daddy issues having rampant sex with each other, which says a lot. Unless it involves horny teenagers you can never 'find the time' is it a fetish?

In the event of the inevitable 'sorry guys I can't run this anymore' feel free to just declare me the overall winner of everything and be done with it. It'll save a lot of time and maybe about, 7 pages of posts?

Yeah I'm betting on 7, I'm a betting man. I'll see you on the next short lived project.

<3 u Tricky

quote:

Please describe a comic book cover featuring your character and a misleading narrative.

MULTIMAN UNITED, ISSUE #30

Multiman whilst collapsed on the floor is illuminated by a glaring spotlight, shielding his eyes in shock and horror. Surrounding the masked crusader at people of all shapes and sizes, waitresses, clowns, business men, children, hotdog vendors, all staring intently at the hero. And they all have the same malformed face of the new and terrible super-villain of this arc known as the CENTIPEDE, the caption reads

THOUSANDS OF SPITEFUL PRYING EYES.
HUNDREDS OF DREADFUL MERCILESS SERVITORS.
ONE TERRIBLE PURPOSE.

And as Multiman cowers before this multitude, the crowd speaks in one terrible voice

Centipede: How LAUGHABLE Multiman! Did you think you could escape the many hands of the CENTIPEDE™!?

Also featuring, A Day in the Life of Multiplex. The Multi-Talented Genius!

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Dec 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Whoops, no idea how that post happened.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 9, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Centipede's Day Out

Arriving at the Murderdome was, actually a fairly ordinary process for Trevor, he caught a cab to get there.

Granted, it was a cab that the mysterious letter left on his bed said would be here at a specific time, and the cab driver was about 7 foot of mostly muscle and menace, whose huge hands dwarfed the tiny steering wheel, but it had a wheelchair ramp into the back and didn't charge him for the fare for what was essentially a drive from the centre of town to the middle of nowhere, Trevor was somewhat grateful for that, money was a little tight at the moment.

And then after a customary long wait, he was sitting in front of one of the world's most dangerous villains in somewhat casual conversation, being an 'official' superhero person he has access to CRISIS records after all, funny how things like that can happen when all you had expected a few weeks ago was a lazy summer. He had gotten out of his chair before entering the facility, choosing to instead to navigate via composite limbs made from arms from his back. He thought it might make people take him a little more seriously that way, despite being a bag of nerves on the inside.

quote:

"Who are you?"

Trevor Likely. No Trevor Likely wouldn't be appropriate here, let's go with

"The Centipede, sir."

quote:

"What can the Association do for you?"

"I heard this was, the place for all kinds of mad science and stuff sir. And I was hoping I would have a better future here, then where I would be going right now sir."

And if that includes finding a doctor that can cure my super cancer, then it's all gravy.

quote:

"What can you do for the Association?"

Hmm, 'I... Can do, stuff.' is not something I think will get me brownie points here, 'I am technically a superhero so I have access to superhero stuff' won't either I don't think. But I dunno if I can say how awesome I am if I haven't even done anything yet.

"I'm... not one for telling sir, I prefer showing to telling."

quote:

"It's cool, man. You don't have to tell anyone here if you don't want to. That's part of why it's the place to be. M.A.D.D. doesn't want to be all up in your business, it's about protecting our way of life... But, you know, if you need to talk, or tell anyone about it, I'm right here."

No. No I am not going to look panicky all of a sudden, I'm a cool calculating supervillain, I am going to remain calm and not let it show on my face.

Oh yeah he can read minds, can't he. I think I should have remembered that before thinking about stuff like that.

Bugger

"A-Apologies sir, but I best be going to my tests."

...But thank you sir. That means a lot.

---

Freak Chamber

Trevor had prepared for this, and he would drat well make sure he performed. He said he would show, and now they will watch.

He took a deep breath and began to, change. The process from afar looked somewhat painful (And it was), growths appeared on his back, they always started out as growths, and from there limbs began to develop and grow with sickening speed. But he wasn't done yet, the limbs took hold on his back and pulled themselves from his body, bringing along additional growths of eyes, organs, and other gribbly bits forming...

The examiners, they were a little off in places, and the dopplegangers of Doctor Heart and Mr Mind did not have the powers of their real counterparts but they were there. He wasn't done yet though, there were targets, the dopplegangers lept towards them, Trevor extended an arm, and it kept on extending more arms growing out of the palm of the other arms until it went into the suddenly congealed mass of body-parts that the dopple-xaminers had become, expanding outwards in a lattice of linked limbs and tissues ensnaring all the fake targets arranged before Trevor. And then he squeezed, the limb cage contracted in on itself violently and crushed the arrayed targets into fine holographic dust.

The arrayed mass of limbs sucked themselves back into Centipede, having given his demonstration and left the room with a confident stride on tentacles of arms. "The flesh is willing sirs, and I can do this all day if I have to!"

He entered the corridor and looked around confidentially; he was powerful, he was great, and he was sure no one was there, good. Trevor collapsed on the floor, and fought back to urge to throw up. A hand attempted to grow on his back, with an unconscious effort he forced it down.

"Just, don't expect me to do anything the day afterwards."

Freak +1
2d6 + 1 = 10

The Danger Room

Trevor had not expected to do well here, fighting thugs was one thing, fighting supervillains though...

The arena was a circle, with raised platform rotating slowly and a 'pitfall' around the side. A Flash Gordon arrangement and his opponent, a man called Pinball Wizard in a very garish outfit, carefully rotating a pair of steel billiard balls in his hand. His power as far as he was aware was that he had a sack full of those things in different shapes and sizes and he could propel them rail-gun style from his hands. He watched him set his gloves to the 'Stun' setting. At least these weren't fights to the death.

Okay so, his opponent was a ranged fighter, when the fight started he would rush and... Do what.

Curl up on the floor and resist the urge to throw up on the arena because of the very surprising way that the moment Old Scratch commenced the fight, two 1 pound steel balls hit you in the stomach and groin before you could even get a finger out apparently. The match was over at that point.

"Alright" Old Scratch had said to the group. "Important lesson to learn in a fight kids, there ain't no rules. Any dirty trick, or any 'illegal' blow that you think will win you a fight, you better bloody use it. You treat a fight in a real world like a game, then you might as well put the cuffs on and knock yourself out it'll save you a lot of bother."

He nudged Centipede with a baton. "As for you, I'd recommend investing in a cup of some sorts. You'd be amazed how many upstanding defenders of truth and justice go for the groin shot."

"Thanks sir, I'll take that on board." He wheezed, and rolled over.

Danger +0
2d6 + 0 = 2

Trouble Run

10 minutes in a quiet corner with an icepack later, Trevor was ready to begin the next challenge. Which seemed to be mostly dealing with the fact that he was dealing with a tremendous blowhard on his team that seemed to be out to sabotage the rest of us. Arsehole.

Doctor Stupendous seemed to be out to make his team get smacked by wayward traps, including one moment where a swinging ball came hurtling at his face from suddenly contracting space. Fortunately, the strength of 100 men includes some fairly speedy reactions, so he got out of that, and flipped him off for good measure.

There was one trap that got a few teammates, a long stretch of floor with 'spikes' that suddenly extended from the tiles at random intervals, so something that The Centipede, whose slow process through the maze had been noticed was one of those who were going to messed up by this trap. Trevor knew this also, so he extended himself upwards, and further upwards, and then crawled his way over the ceiling. Well if you can do that you might as well abuse it, no rules in the real world right?

Unfortunately wayward spellcasting by The Mediocre Moroni pulled him off the ceiling and into a pitfall, with steep oiled up sides and a curved over lid. This was something designed for athletic villains to be able to escape from by shimmying up the sides of the pit and pulling themselves out of the hole. This was not a good place to be when you can't actually physically move your legs.

In the end he had to ask very nicely for some help. And surprisingly got it from a another supervillain. That took off the sting somewhat, even if she did laugh at him for a whole minute before she actually did anything. He was sure he had points deducted for asking for help.

Trouble +0
2d6 + 0 = 6

Superior Hall

On the short list of 'things he expected at an academy for Supervillains' a written test was not one of them.

"I observed your work Centipede, you did not attempt to gather infortmation from your fellow examinees in anyway?"
"Oh, I was supposed to cheat?"

Torturous Thinking okay, he was Mission Control to a superhero, of course he needed to be able to think on his feet when dealing with something like that. And Maniacal Maths? The rules and regulations of the CRISIS superhero support program required that superheroes record their monthly expenses and expenditures before they would be allowed access to the equipment and resources of CRISIS, and David wasn't much good at book keeping. These were things he had no trouble with

It's when he had to go into history and science - okay Hardcore History and Sinister Science - that he ran into a problem. They weren't his strong points, not really. Trevor reflected that maybe he relied too much on the CRISIS CORE Computer to handle that kind of thing, maybe he should hit the books when this is over. And then he was told he should have cheated, and well poo poo he didn't think that was the purpose of this exercise, probably the superhero part of him talking over forcing him to be honest.

"You were the first person to answer this question, and it seems like most people copied your answer, and you did not notice this."
"Sorry miss."

In the 1970s, the US government enforced a billing that enforced what new rules on the superhero community?"

Trevor had wrote.

1) Groups of up to 4 members or more must register with their local authorities.
2) Superhero groups are required to register their income and expenditures to receive government grants, or be brought up on tax charges.
3) Excessive collateral damage to private and/or public property for a superhero or superhero group will be fined heavily
4) Failure to comply with these registration laws will result in charges being brought against offending parties.

The 1970s were, difficult for the Super community and not just the superheroes. For the longest time to cape community operated without any restriction, and eventually after a particulary calamitous spring, where a spree of superhero fights between the Modern Marvels and the Steel Hand across the country had caused extensive damage to major cities, the government finally put their foot down and forced the superhero world to comply with strict regulations.

Some groups disbanded, some groups rebelled, some groups made out like bandits, others were brought down by groups on the side of the law. Eventually the laws won out, and overtime softened their stances on the whole superhero groups ruling.

"And your supervillainy essay is..."

The words 'I don't know', were on the piece of paper. She put it aside

"You additionally failed to answer the trick question Centipede"
"What trick question?"
"My point exactly. I think this is not your strong point Centipede, your performance in the Freak Chamber was passable, but your progress through these last three tests was not. Now proceed to your final evaluation test."

Superior -1
2d6 - 1 = 6

Office of Menance

"I feel like I've made a cock up of this so far sir. What is this a test of exactly"

The man opposite him said nothing for a few minutes. Trevor, was actually quite calm at this point. The last few tests had shaken his confidence, he wasn't the smartest hero, or the strongest hero really, but he tried to keep both feet on the ground even in the face of failures. When you've spent the last few years on a slow decline from an incurable disease, flunking a villainy test doesn't seem all that bad. Even so-

"Trevor, are you afraid to die?"

The question hit him like mallet from orbit. drat, he forgot who he was dealing with here.

"No sir." Liar. You know exactly why you are doing all this. Don't give him an inch, he is finding the button that will set you off.

The man played a few chords. "But you got to watch your older brother grow strong and healthy, he's and out and out superhero now, real big leagues, and you..." He paused for a moment. "Let's talk about when you were 12, on a summer day"

Oh no, I'm not going to talk about this. I know where this one is going.

"You don't have to man, dragging this out is part of the test. You got up that morning, you went to get food and collapsed. It was at least three hours was it until someone found you, and you had already soiled yourself. You didn't get up from the bed that day and then the doctor by your bedside gave a deep sign and told you-"

"I'm sorry Mister Likely, you'll never walk again."

That hurt, the look on his face didn't change but he knew Counter Culture could see it in his mind. No, being told that you were crippled for life from complications brought on by your power was something that he knew, writhed in his gut. Being killed by the gift you were born with, was his one fear, above being found out, above being left alone, he knew that. But this was a test.

"It hurt me, it really did. 'I would never be a superhero like my brother now', is what I thought. And David was always the big brother, he will always be my big brother and I knew that I couldn't be a superhero if I couldn't even stand on my own."

"But I don't have to now do I, because there's more then one way of expressing power isn't there?" He sat up in his seat putting both hands on his lap. "I didn't come here to be turned away just yet sir, this right now, this place is the last chance I have of saving my life. I have a lot to learn it seems and I will drat well learn them sir before I get turned away because of it. I won't let my weaknesses define me, my disability is merely a setback, and I will overcome it. What else can I do but succeed?"

Counter Culture stopped playing, and smiled ever so slightly.

Menace +3
2d6 + 3 = 9

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 10:55 on May 30, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Centipede's Big Break!

After the performance of 'Day 1', Trevor had been expecting the worse to come when the next day had come and he would be getting his results.

Meeting Expectations had been rather a surprise in that instance. And so he went to his meeting with Counter-Culture rather with as much spring in his step as he could get for a man who couldn't walk. Although he still unnerved him somewhat he was also very pleasant to talk to, like a coolest uncool uncle who was also incidentally one of the world's most dangerous villains.

quote:

Counter-Culture
Centipede: "I've talked to a lot of young people, and I just wanted to say, man, that you belong here. The real you. Once you're back out in the real world, where they want to put everything in a box, it's gonna become real painfully obvious they think of this, the mask, the suit, the name, as more or less a big joke. For some it is. Really though, it's a way to keep something inside of you alive. Let me tell you, M.A.D.D. has the best medical coverage in the whole world, and you want to know why? We're all afraid of dying, and missing out on what's going to happen next. What was it you were afraid you were going to miss out on, man? When he told you that? What is worth holding onto so bad?"

"Afraid to miss on? A lot of things sir, I was afraid I was gonna miss out on a lot of things."

"I wanted to go to college; I wanted to go to space, I wanna go see all those new places we have only just discovered." He paused, Culture was giving him a look, he could see into his head obviously and there he saw the truth of the matter was much more personal.

"Oh right, you can see the truth can't you. I... Wanted to see my brother fulfill his dream of being a great superhero if it comes to it. It's complicated alright, there are some days where god I hate his guts, where I wish I was the one with the healthy body instead of him, but..."

He looks off into the distance above Culture's head. "I think he can do it, Dad was a good superhero, no he was a great superhero. But David has the potential to be better and I want him to succeed, I want him to get recognized for the hero he is, hell I think given a few more years experience he could become a Modern Marvel! When I knew I couldn't be a superhero anymore, I put all my personal hopes onto my brother and I wanted him to be to superhero I couldn't be. It makes me happy when he succeeds, and I don't feel happy often these days. I want that for him more then anything..."

Trevor was silent for a few moments and a little voice in the pit of his soul said to the silence 'And I think he would get there, if I didn't hold him back.'

--Later--

Lord Playfair posted:

Words words words words words words

'I'm sitting here, in a place unironically called the murderdome, dressed up as a supervillain, talking to a lawyer with a holographic head whilst he talks legal jargon at me. And here I thought only superheroes had bureaucracy to deal with.'

The name he had signed the documents as a juvenile with was Wilbur Whateley which was a name he always liked using personally when he needed a 'sock puppet' for off the cuff transactions during his superhero work. As for his official title well so far The Centipede seems to be what has stuck to him, and so The Centipede he would remain.

quote:

Describe one of the benefits provided by your M.A.D.D. membership beyond the standard.

And, oh yes it was the one thing he had found when he had joined up that was something he considered extremely fortunate for him when he joined the organization.

It came with extensive medical team, and with some quiet asking he had found that he could acquire the doctors and professionals he needed for the more 'difficult' aspect of his powers. It turns out he was not the only juvenile super-villain with powers that could potentially cause themselves harm if used incautiously (or even if used at all) and it was a relief to know that he could still get the treatment he needed for his medical condition without needing to go through the more public channels, with all the complications that would entail for a super-villain wishing to keep his alter-ego private. It wasn't going to cure him any time soon, but considering the alternative he would happily take it and be thankful for it.

quote:

Describe one critical weakness of your character, or a piece of blackmail that could truly and materially stop you in your tracks

"Wait why do I have to state my weaknesses if you already know them, Is this another legal thing?"
"Yes"
"Ah, right."

Weaknesses, right, well he knew that using his power wildly could put him out of commission for a while afterwards, or kill him if he really went whole hog with it. But that he felt was more of an occupational hazard then an actual weakness. And he already knew what that weakness was anyway.

'Secret Identity'. Now, Trevor was slightly annoyed by this, yesterday he would have been terrified, but now that he knew M.A.D.D would guarantee his privacy the idea of someone knowing his real identity didn't worry him as much. If anything he felt sort of annoyed that it wasn't really a secret identity anymore, a dark secret that can be easily accessed by the entire upper management of a huge organization really cheapened the entire mystery value when you got right down to it. It spoiled the tone of the whole thing.

But which identity? It doesn't really matter. If his identity as The Centipede leaked out into the superhero world, he would be in trouble, CRISIS tends to look poorly upon super-villains that pretend to be heroes to claim it's benefits and he wasn't sure which prospect unnerved him more, a group of heroes sent after him, or a group of lawyers. Probably the lawyers, superheroes aren't allowed to kick you when you are down.

Or, if his identity as Multiplex was leaked out into the supervillain world, then he would be in even more trouble. M.A.D.D would protect him from Vigilantes, and his privacy from other endorsed supervillains (at least he hopes so) but he wasn't sure if that protection extended to 'unsponsered' super-villains who get nine kinds of crap kicked out of the by David Likely as part of his day-job. People tend to hold grudges over stuff like that, and he didn't relish the opportunity of being a target during his 'part time job'.

quote:

Describe the form your contract takes.

"Aight sure, just gimme the pen to-" An object was dropped into his hand. "What is this?"
"Ah yes this is a device that I asked Dr Heart and Mr Mind to make up for this, it is a special blood analyzer that will register your DNA so that in the event of, defection, we can track you even if you were to say, change your entire body shape and move to a different country. And I am told it will even work with someone with a fluctuating DNA pattern like yourself. Just a precautionary measure you understand."

Lord Fairplay leaned in towards Trevor "Between you and me it's just a modified glucose meter that he stuck some extra bits on, but Dr Heart gets very touchy about people pointing things like that out so don't mention this to him." He leans back. "Now, just put your finger on this part"
"Ow."
"Annnnd, right that's all settled with. Now we understand that you have special requirements in terms of mobility, so to ensure that this next part will not cause too much discomfort we will have some orderlies standing by."
"Standing by for what?" And then the floor opened up under him. A descending bugger was all that could be heard from the hole.

At least someone was there to put him in a wheelchair at the end of the drop.

---

Trevor's Summer Vacation!

quote:

Describe how your character unwinds over their summer at MurderDome.

quote:

Centipede: One of the toughest things about this is you weren’t exactly expecting to have to pull overtime here in protecting your identity. However, what it does provide you is the chance to create a new one. Who is the person that the others at the camp come to know? Do you avoid them as much as possible, or indulge in this mask within a mask, creating a new identity for them to know you by that is neither Centipede nor your real self? And, well, what are you going tell the people from your actual life now that you’re stuck for three months in MurderDome?

For the most part, his summer vacation was spent indoors. One reason for this of course, was the fact that was technically a terminally ill cripple who for obvious reasons, didn't get to take part in a lot of the more physical activities that went on during those hectic three months. Which was a bit of a blow if he was really honest, he would have liked to get happily ratted on a big blow out vacation, but it was against the doctor's orders. What can you do?

And the other reason, was that during those tests on his first day, he realized that he wasn't as smart as he thought he was and if he saw any future in the super-villainy he would need to really shore up on the areas he was lacking in. So he spent that time fighting his own personal ignorance in the art of super-villainy, attending the classes to learn all those little basic criminal skills that anyone villain worth his salt should pick up on, and a few more regardless of that. And for this reason Wilbur Whateley got more use then just a convenient pseudonym because he moved in a lot of circles during that time, and went to a lot of classes.

It was mostly because, well being 'in-character' throughout the entire vacation would have been a chore and it was just a small relief to let the mask drop for a bit, even if all that was underneath it was another mask. And one of the skills he had picked up during his tentative super villainy days and from workshops during those three months was the art of method acting. It was mundane but quite effective; a change of posture, a few facial features, and a few mannerisms and he wasn't The Centipede or Trevor Likely or Multiplex, but fidgety, nervous Wilbur Whateley, who never really fit in and felt awkward in other people's company. It was a very useful skill to have, for someone engaging in almost constant subterfuge and he would treasure it throughout his super-villain career.

Perceptible weaknesses like this might have caused problems with some of the 'big boys', if he hadn't attached himself to one of the more powerful students to come out of the evaluations and pretended to be his lackey, whilst he hung out with him. Knobstradamus it turns out, despite being a right arrogant bastard with enough blowhard for a migration of whales wasn't much into the whole bullying people on a personal level thing that someone like that usually indulges. He was rather polite on that score, and Wilbur being in awe of such power fanned that bloated ego for all that it was worth and Wilbur in return wasn't the easy target a lot of people would have thought he was, a bit like a finless ramora attaching itself to a giant magical shark.

As for his 'real life' well, he had a contingency plan for just such an occasion. Granted, he had intended to be able to use it in the event that they sent an actual superhero team after him and he needed to stay off the radar for a while, or if he was being hunted by some very dangerous buggers, or something else that required that not only The Centipede cease to exist, but for Trevor to have to take an extended leave out of state or even out of the country entirely, and having to bust it out so early for a surprise extended three month vacation was something that irritated him tremendously.

Trevor for a brief spell had done some work experience in a CRISIS data management section, and had as a result access to some small parts of the system that most people did not. One of them were the invitation letters for Heroism Boot-Camps across the country for up and coming superheroes, rather like this one as a matter of fact but with more government funding and less teen boozing. So he had made a few official letters himself, with all the seals and official numbers and another fake name on the system that was changed to his actual name when he was ready to fire the plan.

Then when the time came that he would need to disappear off the map for a few months, he would put through the letter into a convenient post box, and then make a phone-call which would go something like "David! I've been accepted into a HERO Boot-camp in *Really distant place that David wouldn't be able to get too without a long plane flight outside of his budget*, I may be some time but I'll keep in touch!" And then baring an occasional phone-call and some prepared pictures sent back they would be none the wiser.

Granted the next time he needs an extended absence like this though, he would need to prepare something else. He didn't think this ruse would work a second time somehow.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 28, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

There is a room

There is a file, it has a small combination lock on it. The lock is undone. It has another keyhole lock on it. This is undone too.

Inside is a file, it says 'Summer Project, Observations on Supervillains'

"Ming the Merciless"
Hartonn is a straight up space alien, can you believe that poo poo? I feel like I should be worried that he came here for the purpose of world domination, if it wasn't for the fact that he seemed to be intent on doing it on his own. I'd give him 30 minutes if he actually declared war on earth before a CRISIS taskforce inserts a space-boot up his space arse. Not too much of a problem.

"Kali"
Jitendra Devar, I am legitimately terrified of what I am seeing here, and I ain't touching that poo poo with a 10 foot pole. That lady looks like the kind of trouble I do not want on my quiet summer vacation, mostly because she could bend me into a pretzel. And that is weirdly attractive to me which is even worse.

"Morgana Le Fey"
Alright so apparently fairies are real and they are pretty powerful and this girl is technically royalty, come to think of it the last two were also royalty, and here I thought I had a pedegree. I got as far as the name learning the name ''Melody' and then stopped because I think she started giving me a look. Note to self, train mind against mind readers, put in practice with Counter Culture.

"The Dunwich Horror"
This page seems to be missing

"Rincewind"
I have observed the man known as Johnathan Grayscale and have concluded thusly. The man's an absolute tit who isn't as smart as he thinks he is. Oh he can talk backwards and forwards about magic and magic accessories until the universe reaches it's early heat death from sheer boredom, but other then that I think someone could run rings around him if they had half the mind to. I don't want to do that just yet though I like his company.

"Catwoman"
You know I have looked almost anywhere and this person doesn't even have a name. I am astounded, even god beings from distant worlds have names that I could find with careful questioning but this person doesn't seem to exist on any records. I'll watch with interest, not too much interest though, I have an allergy to cats and sudden spurts of bad luck.

"Harley Quinn"
There is a hand written note, it says 'Stop reading my papers Silver!' There is another note in different handwriting that says 'No'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"T-1000"
It's a Robot. Actually I have found that technically, it's a robot virus in a human host, with an attitude problem, and a huge ego. Amazing how AI has advanced to the point of actual human things like 'Arrogance' and 'Superiority Complexes'. I don't particularly want what she has though, I have my own medical problems to deal with without a robot infection on top of it.

"Raven"
My dad once told me 'Son, don't go anywhere near anything to do with the demonic. Or anything that features anything like 'Shadow' or 'Void' or 'Nether' or anything else of that kidney, because stuff that comes from that place is super bad news' Well actually he didn't but it's what I told myself. So long story short I am putting this one under the 'Don't touch that poo poo' list with the God Robot and the Deathlord.

"Barbie"
There is a very good reason why I keep most of my important documents on paper instead of on a computer somewhere, and also a good reason why I don't have any social media pages whatsoever. I mean I didn't even need my various channels to look into this one, I just had to check her twitter account. I know a lot of things about her and most of those things are pointless drivel and a complete waste of good paper, so I won't go into detail

"The Lich King"
See papers "Kali" and "Raven" for my combination opinions of not touching things belonging to people who can punch my spine out through my chest, and/or people who have been in close contact with horrible inter-dimensional death gribblies from other worlds. I am pretty sure she could crush me with her bare hands, and that this upsets me greatly.

"Hawkgirl"
Oh dear lord this one's a 'Rebel with a cause'. And she has superpowers to smash the system with and that's all well and good but... Well people who smash the system never quite realize why said systems were there in the first place, and when you kick the foundations out and don't prop them up with something else, well that is what we call in the business a 'complete and utter loving disaster'

"Q"
I sit next to this person in applied Evil Electronics class and, you know what I like her, I like her a lot. I dunno if it's a like like, but it's a hey I see you are doing what I have been doing as well for similar reasons can we hang out like friends like with additional flavours of please miss you're the most normal person here who won't talk down to me. And also she knows a lot about the stuff I am struggling with, that's always a big help.

"Conker"
I swear to god one more speech about your latent superiority and I will give you such a kick, you lippy little bugger. I will get up out of this wheelchair Strangelove style, and hobble my rear end over there just so I can punt you out that window, you'll see.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 11:34 on May 28, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The Centipede #3, Part 1: Big Disappointments And How Fate is for Other People.

Well, he wasn't expecting to be picked for this. He knew he wasn't the best, wouldn't be the best, couldn't be the best and he shouldn't be down over this.

And he was still very angry about it. drat, being around these supervillains is affecting his judgement.

He was now back at the shack, well, the vacation was over so now what? He thumbed at his sash, very well decorated (Although the Starscream badge caused some comment) and his projects, very well rated, and his friends, very few yes, but they were friends of a sort it was better then nothing. But this was it he supposed time to be a part time super-villain as well as a part time superhero. At least he got some things he wanted right?

Right?

"No. No, I don't have to accept that." He sat up and reached for a file, 'Summer Project, Observations on Supervillains', it had started off as a joke and a means to put what he thought about people down on paper, but it had since grown in the writing to something much more substantial. There were 8 other files in that folder whose tags he had stuck post-it notes to.

"And I think if I have the measure right, neither will they." He was the sidekick, his job was to organize, his job was always to organize things for other people to act on. So let's do some bloody organizing.

That evening, he made some phone calls

---

The Centipede, Part 2: One Month Later.

And then we get to here, sitting in front of a very dangerous super-villain explaining what the hell just happened.

quote:

The name of your villainous alliance.

"Well sir, it's a work in progress but I personally like D4C."
"Meaning?"
The Cen-Trevo-Wilbur wouldn't want to admit he got the idea from a manga novel, but he could give the full name. "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap, D4C for short. Or Filthy Acts At A Reasonable Price if the copyright people don't like that but you'd appreciate why I didn't want to try naming this group FAAARP"

quote:

A vote for who the mastermind of the caper was.
"And, this was your idea, Wilbur?"
"No sir, I merely got the team together as it were. You could call it talent scouting." He motioned towards Mobius "It was Johnathan here that had the idea for our first little caper, and it quite the humdinger as you have probably been told." Even if it was a hair's breadth away from falling apart at the seams because Johnathan has the leadership talents of a cantankerous vulture and he's sharing the same team as Mommy's Little Princess and an Angry Space Robot who would also have 'does not play well with others' on their report cards. It's a good thing I picked the rest of the team around people who could act sensibly. Who needs power when you have competence?

quote:

Centipede: We kidnapped someone really important, who knows our name and helped spread the word, inadvertently or not. Who was it? Why were they important?

"Let's talk about Lord Stanley Howler shall we? After all, it was because of what happened that the Mystic Force are very upset right now. Well that and some other things."
"Oh yeah the err, posh nob werewolf, I think he goes by Silverfang. Well you see for this plan to have actually worked, we needed this man's co-operation on the matter. Which he wouldn't give because of course the caper we ran heavily involved his property. It wasn't exactly something we could negotiate off of him."
"And you...?"
"Stuffed him into his meat locker with some silver shackles on, and I made a doppleganger of him to get past all the defenses he put in place around it, yes sir."
The Childlike Emperor raised an eyebrow. "Really? I heard Lord Silverfang was an expert swordsmen, and of course a ravenous monster with tooth and claw when he has to be."
"Yes sir, but I don't like to hang around long enough to find that sort of thing out sir, so we drugged his evening nightcap and grabbed him in his human shape." Even though I was pretty sure all we had to do was wait for him to drink half the bottle and pass out. But better safe than rent apart by a drunk and angry werewolf.

quote:

Centipede: Roll +Freak per The Other

Freak+1, 2d6 + 1 = 6, Failure, Mark Curses!

And having to gamble on a venture like that, whilst also juggling his time back from 'Hero camp' (With all the proper certificates and things and lots of good jobs and back pattings and lots of new skills which will be of great help to Multiplex) and also the fact that I had to work bloody hard to get a hand on those Silver Shackles (Which in the end I just got some cheap iron shackles and asked Paola to electroplate them with some silver cutlery) was a lot of extra work on top of that. It worked out, but it was a close run thing. There were some things I had to explain and/or lie about, and some things that I had to make up on the spot but they seemed to have accepted my telling of it in good faith, so I'm in the clear.

For now.

-

Centipede's Relationships

Centipede *SOLD* posted:

You know that Zapper has been snooping around trying to uncover your secret identity.

I don't think she is doing it out of malicious intent, but I suppose it was something that was bound to happen when I said 'I have some connections to CRISIS' and she doesn't quite believe the very convincing lies that I tell her about them. This, hopefully won't cause problems, because I like Paola a lot and want this professional relationship to continue, but if my privacy isn't maintained and she finds out and tells someone... Well I cannot allow that under any circumstances, because as soon as the masquerade is broken I am going to be in a lot of trouble.

I've avoided the attentions of the authorities, the personal attentions of a police detective and a superhero whose job it is to find people like me so far, I think I can avoid her too.

Centipede *SOLD* posted:

Melody knew you first as the Other, but hasn’t made the connection.

I knew I remembered you from somewhere.

Couple of years back, when the Druidess was still the Druidess rather then the Queen of Avalon, and David Likely had just recently become the Multiman after my dad had retired, and I still had a pair of functioning legs I met this girl after that whole messy business of the Cult of C'Thungna when David had to call in some magical backup when it turned out to be much worse then he thought, and we got quite the response, the magical world takes resurgences of old god cults very seriously so we ended up with one of the strongest magical heroes available at the time. We got invited to a small celebration after that hard won battle and I sat next to, well at this point just a young girl who was a bit older then me at this point and we didn't really say much to each other. After all she was technically royalty, and I was not, that was all there was too it.

Who knew she would grow up to become... Yeah. And it's probably for the best that she doesn't remember who I was either, that would cause some real issues right enough, she seems like the kind of person who would dangle that kind of thing over my head if I didn't do what she wants and has the one person on this team that intimidates me on a leash (Possibly even literally, I've heard some stories believe me). But to my own credit (and my secret sadness) I am not the boy I used to be, I've grown up into... Well for want of a better word, a crabby cynical cripple. Go me.

Other People's Relationships

Blackguard *APPROVED* posted:

Centipede is the meat. They remind you in a specific way about your weaker self.

I'm terrified of her alright?

I had this list of people to stay away from because they either would be dangerous for my health, or they involved forces I didn't want the attention of. This girl was on both lists and I really didn't want to be in the same room as her, let alone the same team.

But I couldn't leave her out of this, I wouldn't have gotten Melody on board if I didn't bring Blackguard too, they're the world's most obvious couple at this point, and she's the best muscle on this team bar none so why take a lesser candidate in that circumstance? So I had to deal with it, but just wish she wouldn't keep staring at me with that sorta predatory look in her eyes, I'm starting to lose sleep.

Zapper *APPROVED* posted:

Both you and Centipede share a side-venture together you haven’t shared with the others.

We're keeping this as a small scale operation just to keep our hands in right now, but it's quite simple. CRISIS loans out gadgets to superheroes with approved CRISIS accounts for use out in the field, such as Multiman, and by extension since I am the one who makes the orders and signs the forms, Multiplex. So I get those gadgets that we want to replicate (from my connections as The Centipede), and Paola dismantles them to find out how they work, reproducing any schematics by hand, and then puts them back together again to be sent back.

No warranties are voided, and it's not technically against regulations to tinker with the devices. And whilst it doesn't have the razzle-dazzle and wide reaching effects of anything the others might cook up; it's practical, it's fairly safe legal and danger wise, and it means we get top of the line CRISIS tech for use on missions without paying out the rear end to buy from the black market, or without those risks of official equipment being traced if we are caught with the stuff.

-

Influences

quote:

Centipede: You find yourself taking after others almost instinctively, considering the void where your identity is. Give Influence to three of your peers.

1. NEW INFLUENCE PENDING
2. Zapper is all the smarts I don't have. And I like surrounding myself with people who know more then me, it means that I can turn to them when I am cooking up plans for stuff I am not sure of and they are almost always ready with answers. Even if those answers are "No of course that won't work that's a terrible idea."
3. Some how along the way, I became friends with Möbius. Oh he is still pretty insufferable, and I still fault him for his many, many faults. But he was also one of the few people at camp who didn't talk to me like I was either a freak, or some stepping stone, and really I like the cocky sod all said and done. And it doesn't hurt that on this snatch bag team that he is one of the stronger members either.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Dec 25, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

((So err, you still there TrickyDick? The game seems to have slowed to a crawl right now.))

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Evaluation - #1 The Howling Night Caper

Objective - Steal the Chalice of Fangs from the residence of Lord Stanley Howler (AKA: Silverfang)
Result - MERE SETBACK

Melody commandeered the heist after Mobius suggested it in the first place. The objective was with the doppleganger of Lord Stanley Howler and our two experienced thieves in tow to steal the silver chalice without alerting the rest of the household to the theft and escape quickly via the use of magical doohickys. Everyone else would be present to ensure staff didn't interfere, or that worse comes to worse we could fight our way out

It went poorly, if I am to be brutally honest whilst the vampires showing up was not our fault, a lot of what happened afterwards... Was. "Needs improvement" does not even begin to describe the avalanche of unfortunate events that might have been avoided as a result.

Mobius

Let's start with the big one, a lot of what 'happened' seemed to stem from what amounts to magic going wrong. No Johnathan, I don't care if 'It would have worked fine if that person did not have this magical rock thingy', I did not appreciate our prisoner and I swapping positions, nor did I appreciate half of our team disappearing off of the map for 5 minutes. It was a catastrophe, and it drat well would have gotten us all killed if people didn't pull their socks up and improvise.

No more magic escape plans please, we'll do this by the soles of our feet from now on, good old fashioned planned escape routes, distractions, getaway vehicles and just running like buggery when the law gets hot. I'm not going through that again any time soon.

Dark Eagle

And we get to the part where the Mansion caught fire. I'm not going to name names because I am not a name naming kind of person but one should feel that the best time to torch a very expensive mansion to the ground should possibly be in the region of after we actually get the thing we came for and have left safely. I mean, if we all died in a terrible fire because we didn't get out in time, it would have really hampered our continuing prospects as a super-villain team.

I shall hope that the next place we go to does not mysteriously catch fire whilst we still inside the building. That would be unfortunate.

Darkstar

Alright fine, I put my hands up to this I didn't know about his bloody familial relationships. He wasn't my first choice, I did intend to get someone else on board but she, declined. So I picked someone that I didn't quite get all the details of to the level I had on the other 8 people I picked in the first place, so I wasn't entirely prepared for what transpired. It was a mess, that hopefully will not bite us in the rear end any further now that he is out of the team.

Although frankly that will have to get in line with all the other things that will bite us in the rear end. Speaking of which!

Copycat

Centipede twirls the Black Iris on the desk

So err, when we specifically outlined the very important part of the plan of 'nothing else was to be taken at this time just the chalice because they might trace it back to us' did you decide to change that plan on the spot out of desire for money or because you thought it was a good idea at the time? Because do you know what I really like? Attention! I especially like attention from really big bad guys way out of our pay-grade who could wipe us out in 5 minutes because you wanted to get creative with the very simple plan of 'Get the thing and ONLY the thing, do not even LOOK at the other things just get that one thing'.

I don't have to draw you a picture, because I don't have any pencils on me right now and I was never any good at art.

Zapper, S.T.R.A.I.N, Melody and Blackguard

As for everyone else, well done for actually doing your job, and pulling it back together when it started going wrong without getting creative with the plan. And especially well done for Blackguard from turning a complete disaster that would have killed us all into a mildly unfortunate mishap where all we did was not actually get what we came for and could still go out for frozen yogurt afterwards. Nothing really wrong here that I can see, the plan maybe could have accounted more for a sudden change of circumstances but it was a good plan. Up until it wasn't a good plan any more and then we made a new plan with the objective 'Don't die' and it succeeded beyond expectations. Well done everyone

And this is something we can work on, even if now we have a big fat target painted on our face by one of the largest magical superhero teams in the world currently. But since when has that stopped most groups? Aside from those times where the heroes come knocking, broke all their stuff and threw every member into The Shoebox*. And since we started our first ever heist with a spectacular failure, it can only go upwards from there!

*The name of the infamous super prison complex situated in micro-dimension created by the Arch-Warden, previously a violet-class villain now serving his parole as it were, by keeping imprisoned supervillains in what is the most secure prison complex in the entire world. Every prisoner in his own specially designed cell and kept separate from every other prisoner. No one wants to go to the Shoebox, and no one who has been there wants to go back either.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jun 12, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

The sadness I feel is incredibly profound.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

YOU MAGNIFICENT SON OF A BITCH I PLAYED YOUR GAME.

Of course I'm coming back!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Rauri posted:

Ughhh, it doesn't matter - we're meeting up again. 'We' being the Misfits - of course that's our name, it's what I picked.

Wilbur coughs loudly

"We never actually came to a conclusion on that."

"And I still think the Misfits makes us sound like a bunch of rascally kids up to no good rather than, you know."

"Supervillains"

"I rather think she is trying to come to terms with the idea that there are people far more powerful than her, like you for example, and failing miserably at it. And it's giving her problems coming out of a world where she was 'top dog'."

"'A big fish in a small pond' I think the phrase was, and the world compared to a singular kingdom is so very big, and the fish that inhabit it so very large."

And here I am attached to you because you're the biggest fish in the group, although personally you're more of a flounder.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Dec 26, 2016

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

A bit of house keeping first.

-David Likely having influence over Wilbur made sense at the time but I've played other MASKS games since then and found that Adults have influence over you automatically so it's a fairly moot point to give him extra influence.

With that in mind I'm giving it to Blackguard instead for being the one person on the team that gives The Centipede the creeps.

-David got Trevor some Huey Emmerich style robo-legs over Christmas, they're noisy and they can't go faster than a walk but being able to walk in a manner was the best Christmas gift ever.

I had interned to fluff post about it but I got sidetracked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Wait I'm confused, I thought the idea was the plan was going to be executed in one night before they knew what happened?

Is this several days later thing after the first step or after the whole caper? I'm in a position to do poo poo I ain't leaving yet.

• Locked thread