Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm a tired 30 something and I would literally rather do, well, anything other than watch someone play an entire game on youtube. I'd rather just not experience it at all. Watching other people play video games is about as exciting as waiting in line at the post office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't mind watching speed/gimmick runs or super old games I don't have the patience to play anymore but watching a new game on YT as an alternative to playing it is just dumb.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

NESguerilla posted:

Watching other people play video games is about as exciting as waiting in line at the post office.

I diagree but then I'd rather spend my evening watching twitch rather than whatever tired, re-cycled television show is this months flavor on Netflix.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Ramagamma posted:

I diagree but then I'd rather spend my evening watching twitch rather than whatever tired, re-cycled television show is this months flavor on Netflix.

I would rather game than do either, bitch

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

goferchan posted:

I would rather game than do either, bitch

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
holy gently caress the crash bandicoot part was amazing

and also i failed it

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

precision posted:

and also i failed it

Glad I'm not the only one :negative:

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

I'm a tired 30 something and I would literally rather do, well, anything other than watch someone play an entire game on youtube. I'd rather just not experience it at all. Watching other people play video games is about as exciting as waiting in line at the post office.

I'm getting to the upper edges of 30 now and you might be now experiencing the same wobbly vision of your understanding of how games are digested now, but I assure you: this is A Thing. People will actively just watch another person play the game - for the first time - and think they played it. This is the world in which we participate.

It makes me really, really sad, and I'm not overgeneralizing with the above, that's from the mouth of a child heard last weekend.

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

precision posted:

and also i failed it

There's a Trophy waiting for you, if you didn't know.

[edit] gently caress, had it open in two tabs. Sorry for the double-post.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Can someone please confirm that this is being rendered locally and not like streamed from some Pixar server farm? Jesus the foliage in chapter 2 :eyepop:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

What's the season pass all about if all the content is available to everyone in MP and poo poo outright? The co-op missions down the line? Bummer about those not coming out sooner :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

What's the season pass all about if all the content is available to everyone in MP and poo poo outright? The co-op missions down the line? Bummer about those not coming out sooner :(

Cosmetic items only I think? Afaik everything else is free when it comes out.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
The team-takedown that Drake and Sam do where they lift a dude off the ground together and slam him back down into the ground rules.

Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer
Woah.. So far its pretty amazing. I usually get bored by the story but so far so good

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

This game!

Nadine!

gently caress!

Me!

!

Camping.. Intense!
May 18, 2005

Absolutely
Grimey Drawer
Now i wish i had played Crash Bandicoot back in the day.. What do you get for beating the score

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I don't have the game yet, but reading up on it I can't believe that Objective Medley and Coop Arena are not going to be in the multiplayer this time, when those were the only modes I found good and worth my time. :(
I wish I could load up uncharted 2 and play old school coop arena right now, but no one will be there of course.

Can you still play as Eddy Raja and UDF Elena?

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 10:11 on May 10, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Currently 6 hours in, been playing the game since it was released with only a break for a midnight snack. I am so gripped by this kickass videogame that I stayed up all night playing it! It's finals week, so this was a terrible idea! :downsgun:

In regards to the Crash Bandicoot moment everyone's going on about, I technically won by Crash Bandicoot 1 standards! I beat it without dying and got all the boxes as younger me would have done and it turns out it just plain wasn't enough. I wasn't expecting to be scored on my performance! Video games have changed, man.

edit: Also, they finally fixed the magical pointing belt flashlight weirdness from previous games by having Drake just hold the drat thing this time around. Technology is great.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 11:50 on May 10, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Theres going to be single player campaign dlc like last of us got and also cosmetic mp poo poo.

The mp modes are all free but coming later so you dont sell the game

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

NESguerilla posted:

Stop using your free time in ways I don't like!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Also, have you noticed that Nate is a loving psycho who has killes hundreds of people :smug:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wheany posted:

Also, have you noticed that Nate is a loving psycho who has killes hundreds of people :smug:

Yeah, but they were all bad

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Remember in Uncharted 3 when the bad guys addressed that and Drake did a one liner in response because it doesn't fuckin matter

edit: It might have been in 2, actually, come think of it. Either way Drake owns and is a cool protagonist. I am a little booged out at how photorealistic he is in this game even after several hours of staring at him.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Remember in Uncharted 3 when the bad guys addressed that and Drake did a one liner in response because it doesn't fuckin matter

edit: It might have been in 2, actually, come think of it. Either way Drake owns and is a cool protagonist. I am a little booged out at how photorealistic he is in this game even after several hours of staring at him.

Lazarevic definitely brings it up at the end of uncharted 2. I think right after the awful boss fight with him.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man Lazarevic was so cool. I love when the bad guy in movies/games is actually competent and not a blubbering goofball.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

CJacobs posted:

Man Lazarevic was so cool. I love when the bad guy in movies/games is actually competent and not a blubbering goofball.

If he was truly competent, he'd have hired Drake, and probably try to scale back on his random bouts of roidrage.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That is true, he did kind of bet on the wrong horse with Flynn. Maybe he didn't think Flynn would betray Drake like 2 seconds into their partnership.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah, but they were all bad mostly brown

Fixed that for you.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'd like to see the part of Nate's backstory where a gypsy casts a curse on him that causes 25% of the things he tries to climb to collapse under him.

It even happens to kid Nate so the gypsy must have come around when he was very young.

Also lol at Sam being literally the worst big brother EVER.

"Hey, Nathan! I have a a foot on you and just barely was able to make this death-defying jump. Anyways good luck, I believe in you!"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
To be fair, normal surfaces designed for people to walk on them don't collapse on him very frequently. It's mostly cartoonishly tiny outcroppings, cliffs that look like they're out of a wile e coyote cartoon, and gutter pipes and poo poo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I predict a lot of people bashing this game for having a slow "boring" intro. 2 hours played last night and there hasn't been any tomb raiding or shooting or anything. And I love it! :)

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

precision posted:

I predict a lot of people bashing this game for having a slow "boring" intro. 2 hours played last night and there hasn't been any tomb raiding or shooting or anything. And I love it! :)

That's not just slow, that's glacial. Hope the rest of the game makes up for it because that sounds tedious (to me).

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

bloodysabbath posted:

That's not just slow, that's glacial. Hope the rest of the game makes up for it because that sounds tedious (to me).

Well, he's not really being entirely accurate. You're killing dudes in an insane way within the first 30 seconds of booting it up. Then 35 or so minutes of exposition stuff, then some more killing and shooting.

But yeah it's a slower start than the other games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Man, the melee in UC4 is loving A-OKAY!

That first brawl was awesome. So many animations, and they all look painful

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

How's the pacing on this one? My big problem with 1 & 2 (didn't play 3) was the awful interminable unfun arena gunfights that dragged on for ages. Are those broken up a bit here at least?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks pretty but maaaaan, there's a lot of cutscenes and not much actually happening at the start.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Man, the melee in UC4 is loving A-OKAY!

That first brawl was awesome. So many animations, and they all look painful

The chapter 7 fight was so incredible because it seems like literally every single piece of scenery had a unique melee animation, not to mention all the team-up attacks. Just fun as hell.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sully still best character

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

NESguerilla posted:

I make exceptions for exclusive titles on consoles I don't own (Ryse - Son of Rome) or for informative LPs on games I like (ChipCheezum, Geop, VoidBurger), but otherwise yeah it doesn't replicate the interactive element of a game, obviously.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Stopped playing for a second to phone post that I have Nate hanging from a metal pole that bows if you move to the middle. The attention to detail is loving astounding.

• Locked thread