Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm just amazed it's taken this long for the story DLC to come out. I expect it will be a lot bigger than people were thinking, which is very exciting. I'm quite psyched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
According to dev interviews, it's bigger than Naughty Dog expected, too. I can't wait.

Also, if anyone's still looking for goon friends to team with on multiplayer, several of us still group up most nights. I'm turtleducks on PSN.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I don't know why, but for the past few years I've wanted Naughty Dog to make a third person game set in the Spanish Civil War. Start the game by sneaking over the Pyrenees across the French border into Spain, join the Abraham Lincoln brigade or something, witness Guernica and all the infighting and civil wars within the civil war between communists and anarchists. You wouldn't have to shoehorn Orwell and Hemingway in there, necessarily.

Also I'm looking forward to playing the upcoming Uncharted standalone campaign.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did any of you buy the now defunct Season pass that promised story DLC? Have they confirmed that you get the standalone expansion since that is likely the only SP DLC they will do? Been curious about that for a while.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

veni veni veni posted:

Did any of you buy the now defunct Season pass that promised story DLC? Have they confirmed that you get the standalone expansion since that is likely the only SP DLC they will do? Been curious about that for a while.

They released an FAQ which answers all of this; http://www.unchartedthegame.com/en-...og&sf78270268=1

If you bought a pack which promised the story DLC you will get 'The Lost Legacy'.

At the same time, they're saying the game is 'not just DLC' but a standalone experience.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Definitely just about the only time I regret not buying a season pass. Wasn't it like $20? I played a ton of multi too so that would have been a steal. I think I spent that much on guns and perks.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Definitely just about the only time I regret not buying a season pass. Wasn't it like $20? I played a ton of multi too so that would have been a steal. I think I spent that much on guns and perks.

the first and only season pass I ever bought was The Last of Us and I thought it was worth it for the multiplayer expansions and Left Behind.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

I think it's worth mentioning that with the first three Crash games being remade, the Jak games being made available on the store, and all of Uncharted and the Last of Us being on the console, every Naughty Dog game since Crash Bandicoot 1 is going to be available in some form on Playstation 4 (with the only exception being Crash Team Racing).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Crash Bash?

Jak - X: Combat Racing?

Way of the Warrior? :mmmhmm:

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Crash Bash?

Way of the Warrior? :mmmhmm:

Crash Bash wasn't Naughty Dog

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

gently caress TLOU 2 I want to see the Shaky Jake story told.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

morallyobjected posted:

Crash Bash wasn't Naughty Dog

You're breaking my brain here.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

veni veni veni posted:

gently caress TLOU 2 I want to see the Shaky Jake story told.

Don't say what you can't take back.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

effervescible posted:

According to dev interviews, it's bigger than Naughty Dog expected, too. I can't wait.

Also, if anyone's still looking for goon friends to team with on multiplayer, several of us still group up most nights. I'm turtleducks on PSN.
I hope its bigger since we need some closure on what Chloe and Cutter have been doing, I hope they don't try killing them off since they spent a whole series teasing killing Sully only to kill the 2nd and 3rd best characters instead.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

I hope its bigger since we need some closure on what Chloe and Cutter have been doing, I hope they don't try killing them off since they spent a whole series teasing killing Sully only to kill the 2nd and 3rd best characters instead.

Apparently it's going to star Chloe and Nadine.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

This one is going to be on there

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

You're breaking my brain here.

Uncharted was the first time they broke their "3 main games and a racer" pattern. still disappointed we never got Unkarted

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

achillesforever6 posted:

I'm trying to think of who you could be talking about but none of the dead characters rank close to that high.

I doubt they will, though. At least in Uncharted, ND doesn't seem to be into killing characters just for drama.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

effervescible posted:

I'm trying to think of who you could be talking about but none of the dead characters rank close to that high.

I doubt they will, though. At least in Uncharted, ND doesn't seem to be into killing characters just for drama.
I was talking about ND holding off killing Sully for 3 games and then teasing the same death flag stuff with Sam and not going through it and am worried they have built it all up to kill the 2nd and 3rd best characters in the series Cutter and Chloe.

Oxxidation posted:

Apparently it's going to star Chloe and Nadine.
Well yeah, but I hope Cutter shows up

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It would be nuts if Cutter didn't show up.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

achillesforever6 posted:

I was talking about ND holding off killing Sully for 3 games and then teasing the same death flag stuff with Sam and not going through it and am worried they have built it all up to kill the 2nd and 3rd best characters in the series Cutter and Chloe.

Oh, gotcha. I read that as they held off killing Sully for so long and then did kill the next two best characters and I was like, Marlowe and Rafe are fun villains but they're not that great.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Marlowe sucks. It's all about my magic demon friend Talbot over here.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Marlowe has style and a laugh so sinister they felt the need to specify this in the subtitles. I will not hear a word against her and neither would Talbot.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Marlowe was my jam in multiplayer, because it's probably the only time you will ever get the chance to play a 60-something woman in a video game let alone a shooter. Plus no one else ever picked her so I got to be a special snowflake. She also has good one liners.

She was an ok villain in 3.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I like her style and aura of classy menace more than I do her actual level of villainous effectiveness. She does own in multiplayer, though. I did a double take the first time she informed everyone that despite her appearance, she gets off on this as much as everyone else.

Also, she's apparently possessive of Talbot. :heysexy:

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Fingers crossed for one last wow from UC with some DLC footage tonight.

And TLoU2 I guess, whatever.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Apparently The Lost Legacy incorporates the multiplayer from Uncharted 4 as well, so it will be interesting to see if there's any new content or additions there because it felt really half-baked after how comprehensive the multiplayer offerings in Uncharted 2 & 3 were.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Electromax posted:

Fingers crossed for one last wow from UC with some DLC footage tonight.

I still don't believe for one second this DLC is the end of the series. It's way too much of a money-maker after Sony tried for years to find that hit series to rival Halo.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I'd be okay with a new trilogy starting Chloe.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Uncharted 4 was the Rocky Balboa of the Uncharted series so the next one should be like Creed.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

I still don't believe for one second this DLC is the end of the series. It's way too much of a money-maker after Sony tried for years to find that hit series to rival Halo.

I think Sony would give a lot of leeway for Naughty Dog to do whatever they want to do at this point. I'm sure they'd love more Uncharted, but they're also getting new Last of Us, and I also doubt that Sony would baulk at a new IP from them. At this point, the brand is really "Naughty Dog games" as an exclusive selling point for PS4 consoles.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I think you can continue making Uncharted games without Nate, there are a bunch of side characters (okay basically Chloe, Sam, Nadine, Cutter, and Sully at this point) that you can use and there are still a bunch of lost cities and civs to be found with cursed treasures/doomsday devices.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I would be okay with a Sam game, but I also would be equally okay with never seeing Sam again!

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I like Sam, but he works best in service to the story they wanted to tell about Nate's growth and changes in 4. Without that, he'd come off as even more Nate Lite. I'd rather see something newer.

Trailer was great. Can't wait for the game to drop.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Love uncharted but I'm super ok with it being done.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Always leave them wanting more.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
There's also the obvious, you know, Unchart5d: Nate's Daughter's Big Day Out

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Wouldn't surprise me if Sony handed off Uncharted to another studio like MS has done with Halo and Gears of War. They'd need Naughty Dog's blessing, but I don't think it'd automatically be a terrible idea.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

I hope that no developer, Naughty Dog or otherwise, continues to have sequences where you just have to mash a single button over and over. Naughty Dog for the most part have managed to have setpieces where you're doing a lot more interesting things that at least "feel" a lot more freeform than just responding to button prompts in a scripted cutscene.

With the notable exceptions of course being in a couple Talbot sequences, in particular the final boss fight in Uncharted 3, where you have to mash circle over and over... it actually hurts! I don't understand how anyone finds sequences like that fun or how it gets through a studio as polished as Naughty Dog.

Nonetheless, I can't really remember if there's many or any sequences like that in Last of Us or Uncharted 4, so I'm almost certain they moved away from that and quick-time events in general.

SO, all in all I suppose I shouldn't be too worried for the future, but I wonder whether that terrible boss fight is part of why Uncharted 3 gets dissed a fair bit; I know there are other reasons, but that boss fight just leaves such a bad taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Mashing X to climb things is the joie de vivre of Uncharted.

• Locked thread