Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Confirming that I love booze.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Oh sweet, sweet Day 1.

Lynch all lurkers.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

AA didn't you use to be DD?

Used to be Ghostly Gangsta, then Ghastly Gangsta, but now I am in my true form as the Anomalous Amalgam!!!!!

Also alliteration is the Kbees Knees

##vote zzyzx

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Cider will never be better than beer.

Also Infinitum rolefished and is pressuring poor old Absurd who did make a rather suspect post....

Hmmmm

Ok.

##vote AR

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Izzhov posted:

OK I'm back holy poo poo that is a lot of posts

Yeah, it's a mile a minute in here. This speak easy is hoppin' filled with flappers and daddys.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

JakeP posted:

what the heck theres already 160 posts in this game? im not reading them, anything funny happen yet??????

Infinitum role fished, Absurd made an awkward post, cider better than beer heresy, beer talk.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TMMadman posted:

I'd like Jake to tell me if wine is an acceptable drink.

Wine will get you wrecked way harder than a cider though. Wine will get you in the gutters.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Izzhov posted:

Why did you vote for AR?

Jokephase, plus he had a :ironicat: typo where he called himself scum lol. (Reference Infinitum v. AR 2016-sometime a few hours ago)

I'm at work atm and just posting for fun. I'll put on my thinking cap later.

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Absurd Revolver posted:

In case this wasn't obvious, I'm confirming that you can in fact be VT and have powers related to the powerful substance known as Shine.

You're welcome, AA, stop trying to frame me now.

lol I'm not trying to frame you. I unvoted. I Dont trust infinitum, actually.

Phonee posting, more on this later.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Absurd Revolver posted:

UPDATE: I broke the rubber stopper on the really good tequila so now I'm going to drink all of it tonight because it's too good to waste.

Don't die IRL. Love you, TIA.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Stop posting for a second so I can catch up. Geesh.

I retract my statement on Infinitum and have to do a reread of everything which is pretty impressive for D1, also a bit of a headache wandering through 10 pages of jokes...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Izzhov posted:

I wanna hear your reasoning for making that statement, regardless

I was working off the stuff that he posted about AR, but rereading and I realize it's mostly just pressure and jokes. AR did come off a little bit paranoid in the interaction, but who wouldn't given Infinitum's crusader style posting which I now accept as normal(meta logic is poo poo, but yeah it's a meta read on his play style).

I still don't buy the whole VT + Shine business giving him town cred, because I think that's going to be a common mechanic in this game given my own role.

Like I said, slogging through jokes and trying to catch up to the real or at least semi-real content.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

Actually, this is a super awkward/scummy post. AND a bad opinion too.

##vote AA

That was a joke post, I explained it earlier and unvoted because of it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Jokephase, plus he had a :ironicat: typo where he called himself scum lol. (Reference Infinitum v. AR 2016-sometime a few hours ago)

I'm at work atm and just posting for fun. I'll put on my thinking cap later.

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Quidnose

- Mafia dadding
- Meta casing
- Wide range net of suspicion that comes across as making "informed posts" to make things stick wherever they will, and/or goad a response from targets of his suspicions.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also even with built in lurker removal mechanics, lurker lynch trims down the list of players so we can evaluate who is actually producing content, floating by, domineering the thread or being outright scummy.

This also saves us for having to vote on hated players instead of spending the day hunting scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

I'M the one you are jumping on for this? You realize that the entire thread has been a mafia dad / meta shitfest, right?

You're the one who appears scummy doing so IMO.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
What's that? A turbo is building? Yeah, I don't like Azuth's play tbh, but I don't think he's scum for that comment and those of you do quick to jump on it come off looking way more suspect.

"Yeah, grab the pitchforks and some rope, it's turbo time."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jimson posted:

3 people voting and subsequently calling him out on a zero effort no content snipe a turbo does not make.

I said it was building :allears:

the rapidity with which the votes were coming. ANyhow, I still stand by the remark even if it's a bit strange to make in a D1 with 1000+ posts

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Quidnose has been pinging me this entire game. I haven't had a chance to actively participate like I would have, but one game I was in ended and I'm dead in 2 others so I can focus here a bit more. However, after the reread yesterday, I've been keeping up more or less via phone. This game moves incredibly fast.

I made a quick summation post about what was bothering me about their play earlier, but honestly it only has gotten worse. I'm not going to say Izzhov is not scum, I don't have any information outside of their posting, but it doesn't ~feel~ or read like the scum Quidnose is making her out to be.

Quidnose posted:

I agree with you on Izz and I didn't catch that with Kashuno. This looks like a TMM town post.
TMM's post buys her some credibility

Quidnose posted:

scumpost.txt
He has several poo poo post responses intermixed between cases, wild suspicion and pressuring of different players.

Quidnose posted:

Apologies for the pronoun miss, takes me a while to get my head wrapped around that on the forums.

My stance hasn't changed on this. Jimson was going after you for asking questions and generally being a newbie. That was taking advantage of an easy target.

I am questioning the motives behind a particular line of questioning of yours that I found scummy.

Asking people questions and poking and prodding at things is great mafia play. Doing so in order to deliberately distract from a scum buddy having heat is a scum tactic, and that's what I saw you doing here.

This is important. He makes it out as if he's targeted a scum and states that Izz is making a scum play to protect a scum buddy, but if you're convinced you have another scum in sight, why not try and convince us of that?

I'm fine with my vote on Quidnose actually. I honestly feel he is scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

I AM THE MOTHERFUCKING SUPER SLEUTH AND I WILL NOT HAVE MY MAFIA REDEMPTION GAME BE RUINED BY ALL YOU LAZY MOTHERFUCKERS

MY SIGNATURE PROVES IT :argh:

:allears:

too cute

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

ok nothing useful happening so ##vote Prop Mach

:gary: :redhammer: :yarg:

I've always wanted to do this.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidnose posted:

We're at -2 dude.

god damnit. I - gently caress...

:negative:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jimson posted:

I'm glad this caught on :3 its my gift to trad.

I love it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mayor Glowku posted:

Why do you keep saying clinched. It's Lynched right? I'm not going insane?!
It's lunched

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

OR LAUNCHED...

INTO OBLIVION

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Anyhow, before twilight is over...

VivaNova came in at the end scummy as hell. Also makes me feel worse about my Quid vote. Then as Glowku pointed out, didn't hammer, etc. etc.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

dongsbot 9000 posted:

let's try jack off instead

The town gathered around <Player Name> and viciously jacked them off.

I don't know...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

dongsbot 9000 posted:

for your quote enjoyments

I'm M. I just want a god damned drink already.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

So the SK in the back?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Deadbeat Dad posted:

21 players 18 people 3 of you don't exist, 420

3 people are sucky rear end cops waiting to kill the good times.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jimson posted:

So is obviously I

I looks like he just smelled a rank fart.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I don't believe Kashuno's toggable BP claim.

##vote Kashuno

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mayor Glowku posted:

Can anyone confirm or deny this is a thing for me real quick?

Godfather does investigate town and Miller as scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

If infinitum's claim is true, I suppose Kash could take 2 actions. Again it hinges on if it's true, but for now I'm going to unvote while I try to make some connections between what happened D1 and what's happening so far.

I still feel ~ways~ about Quidnose, but I don't know if it's enough to warrant a vote.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Izzhov posted:

I don't think this follows.

Infinitum claimed that brewing and delivering is counted as 1 action.

Kash claimed he delivered and toggled his BP as 2 separate actions.

Oh, I didn't realize that. Sorry just phone skimming over lunch. Currently going through players I have suspicion on. I'll revisit this.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jimson posted:

but I used my 1 starting shine last night.

So you get us all black out drunk? Hence today's mechanics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

Ehhhhhhhh izz I think that's quite a stretch

I actually think izz is right here. Flavor stuff or not. I mean I wouldn't case Jimson on flavor, but...

I think there are at 6 to 8 non-town. 2 scum teams, and an SK.

I also think that Jimson is probably scum. His ability doesn't actually seem all that town oriented to me. That's not a flavor case, that's based on his claim.

##vote Jimson

• Locked thread