Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Super busy this week. And in games still. But have to join due to Quid's personal invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

:toot: You can do it KB! Let's find scum together!!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Well, this is kind of a crazy amount of posts since game start. Impressive.

I have like 10 pages to read. Wheee.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Hey, I think you said you're in Chicago this week. You should go to the Cider Bar called Northman!

That sounds super rad, but don't think it will happen on this trip. My hotel is in Oakbrook and no rental car on this trip.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Hey, I don't live too far from Oakbrook! I'm betting your at the Marriott on 22nd street!

No, but super close to that. On the other side of the mall at the Hilton Oak Brook Suites.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I see that I missed a cider conversation. Sadness.

So far, not seeing anything else of interest back here.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Cider will never be better than beer.

Also Infinitum rolefished and is pressuring poor old Absurd who did make a rather suspect post....

Hmmmm

Ok.

##vote AR

Actually, this is a super awkward/scummy post. AND a bad opinion too.

##vote AA

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I'm going to call up your hotel and page King Burgandy.

Do you intend to mispronounce it to go along with your misspelling? :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That was a joke post, I explained it earlier and unvoted because of it.

K, still back on page 6, not caught up yet.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That was a joke post, I explained it earlier and unvoted because of it.

Ok, got to that part.

##unvote

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Izzhov posted:

Confirming yourself as VT at all is anti-town though, is what I'm saying

Not really. It's still wifom like anything else.

I've been killed for claiming VT before because someone thought I was claiming it to hide a power role.

I think you've inadvertently outed yourself though with the way you pursued this. Either you are a non VT power role or scum. (and before anyone yells at me for talking about this, it's obvious everyone else picked up on this as well from the posts I'm reading)

I wouldn't want to vote you today, but I'd want to vote you if you lived for a few days, since you should be an obvious NK target.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jimson posted:

So your admitting you played like scum in both games.

Rofl, so is Jimson just trolling at this point?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Propaganda Machine posted:

Do you like TMM's attempt at a faceturn?

Hmmm, I must be missing something, can you clarify?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

He's using more logic than usual.

Ahhh, rofl. I find he's logical most of the time, he just sometimes gets a bit tin foil hatty. The thing that makes his town and scum games different is mostly activity with a hint of a different tone. I feel like I have his current meta dialed in and I'll be able to identify him as scum or town by D3 or so with authority if he doesn't NK me. :)

Don't wanna ruin your brodate though :sun:

Maybe he'll scumslip!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

##vote JakeP also not a joke vote

Yeah, if this is for his most recent post, it is kinda bad.

I just at least understood how he could be coming from that position so I let it go.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

JakeP posted:

and prop mach prolly scum too

Why is that?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

FYI, that I can't possibly keep up with the thread right now. I caught up last night after the thread closed and was feeling Kash and Jimson as potential scum. But looks like there has been another huge number of posts to start the day today.

Have a brief break right now where I'll try to read a bit, but pretty confident I won't catch up till late tonight again.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Also, someone last night prevented me from using my shine power, it failed.

And I'm out of shine.

Hate you.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oooooooooooooookay then. Finally caught up.

Quick takes:
Kash definitely still scum. ##vote Kashuno
Jimson i'm leaning back in the town direction now.
TMM probably town, I think he's right on the rolecop.
AA might be scum.
Quark might be scum.

Gonna go back and grab a couple posts I wanted to talk about/respond to now if I can find them. Did most of my reading on the phone so don't have them saved.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Also, JakeP is an interesting kill. Did we discuss why he was killed?

I feel like he had his pulse on a few people and there could be more to his death than just being a randomly picked player.

Viva is a kill I don't understand.

Yeah, I'm also super curious about this. I have no idea why Jake would be a target. Going to scan him in a bit and see if I see anything that sticks out. I'm especially sensitive to this since in my last game TMM killed me for leading the charge on him being scum. We don't talk about night kills enough imho.

Viva makes a bit of sense if the killer is someone like me. I'll often target from the bottom three post counts to help make the game better.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Advanced setup speculation discussion makes me feel weird because it always involves a scum that knows the exact number of their team pretending to know or not know numbers.

Not saying AA is that, but it could devolve into that.

Yeah, this is what twigged me about AA. That post was like scumtheory.txt.

It also made me go back and reread him a bit, and I'm reminded of that earlier post that I didn't like of his that he later claimed was a joke post. But really, it doesn't feel like one.

I'd vote here after Kash was out of the picture.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Reviewing night kills seems to have gone away in a lot of the games I've read.

Jake has played pretty well in a lot of games I've skimmed as of late, so that could be a reason. The only speculative "gently caress you" kill reasoning would be Izzhov and crew wanting him dead because he was all on her case, but that's very specific and a dangerous path to go down.

Yeah, so rereading Jake, I actually disagreed with a lot of his early game stuff. We know now he was definitely wrong on Prop. But his only hard charging initially was on Izz. He later does go after Kash kind of hard, he doesn't vote, but he was hounding him a bit. Given Kash "visited" Jake, it really might be that simple. If he was right on both Kash and Izz I can see that being pretty worrying for the scum team. I was Null on Izz, but I'll have to think about her some more I guess.

He also kinda side mentioned Jimson, but not in an especially threatening way.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Ok, so if he is scum, why would he use the power N1? Why not hold onto it until scum have better numbers and can control the vote a bit more? Why not use the Double Plurality option to ensure that two people get lynched?

The thing about Lights Out is that we as a town don't actually have to use it. Even if there wasn't an option to ##end the day, we could just stall the vote and treat it like a normal day. Jimson was a major target yesterday and would likely have been a possible lynch target today. And even using the power, he could still be a lynch target today, so it just doesn't make sense in my opinion for scum to use that kind of power at this point in time.

The only reason for scum to use the Lights Out option today would be if several of the people who were close to being lynched yesterday were actually town and the scum team hoped we would just jump on them quickly.

I agree with this assessment.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Are we all just going to ignore how Azuth cased the D1 cuddle, admittedly not by actually doing any reads of the thread or going after any leads, but simply by saying "who was a lurker" and then coming up with reasons why they are suspicious?

HE LITERALLY ADMITS THIS IS WHAT HE DID:

I did this exact thing in one of my most recent games, as town, and made the same mistake.

When you are just looking at a list of people with low post counts and then going through their posts, it's kind of easy to do. If he actually missed the prop cuddle, like I did, then that makes it even easier to make that mistake.

I'm all for catching scum on slips, I don't think this is that kind of slip.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

He later does go after Kash kind of hard, he doesn't vote, but he was hounding him a bit. Given Kash "visited" Jake, it really might be that simple.

Actually, I think it's a foregone conclusion that we are taking out Kash, but I want to drill into this a bit more too. From my quick Jake reread, I really find this opinion from Kash SUPER questionable:

Kashuno posted:

I delivered to Jake because I believed he was extremely on point so far this game. He had smart, passionate arguments and I believed giving him the possibility to do more of whatever his ability was would be beneficial to town. Also, because it's Jake I didn't really expect him to be NK'd n1

I don't think so. If I'm town and someone kinda goes after me semi hard and thinks I'm scum, my first reaction is not "He was extemely on point". Maybe if Prop had flipped scum. But given that Kash would know he was wrong about both himself(if he was town) AND Prop, how on point could he think he was? This is only a real opinion if he was scum and worried about how on point Jake actually was. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Did a quick lurker post scan based on Azuth's non dead callouts and pretty much agree there across the board. I have one less post than Hiipfire as of this post, as an example. It would be kind of hilarious to compare/contrast the content in my posts to his. :)

One funny thing is one of his only opinions is defending Izz. Would be hilarious if it ended up being a Kash/Izz/Hiip scum team. I'm mostly only mentioning it so I can quote myself later if I'm right, not feeling that strongly about it.

But really, it's kind of pathetic that he might continue to avoid the lurker posting requirements by posting things like:

HiipFire posted:

Can you people please stop spamming up the thread cause the majority of the last 4/5 pages was people yelling to vote kash

Which are, I believe, his only posts today. Hiip, put some opinions out there. Who do you think is scum?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Actually wait, ##unvote

Given the actual rules of the Lights Out here:

I think we can actually afford to take some more time here or at least get clarification from Pod. What I'm reading here is that we could take until almost the deadline to lynch someone and then as soon as that person is hammered, the deadline would roll back to 16 hours. If that is the case, then I am going to suggest take our time here because there is literally no downside and the day won't actually end until we miss a deadline or choose to ##end the day.

Yeah, I'm going to leave my vote on because who knows when I'll be able to post again. But I'm in no hurry. The longer we wait the more likely I'll be able to post in the next round of it.

Speaking of which, tomorrow is going to be a long rear end day, final day here followed by airport and travel home. No way I'll be anywhere near here during actual deadline, but may have an hour on my phone from the airport terminal about two hours before?

Probably going to sleep soon, but around for a bit if anyone wants to chat.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I got no problem with you leaving your vote on Kash. I think he is likely to be scum here as his reaction to my immediate vote to start the day was really weird and scummy, so I'm going to be voting him at some point.

What do you think about the people who have been actively pushing for us to turbo Kash just so that we could move onto the next lynch?

Hmmm, I must've somehow missed that in my catchup. I really didn't get an impression that that was a big thing. Unless we are talking about like Inf/Jimson, but their posts are kinda in a category of their own. If it is those two you are talking about, right now I think they are both likely town.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Truth Quark posted:

No, even if he is scum I'll be much more certain in the light of your flip.

I'm the only one who seems to actually think he's scum, I'm not going to force a narrative when I have a perfectly good opportunity to get more evidence first.

I'm 15 pages behind right now so no clue what's happening but holy poo poo this post is bad. This can't be a real opinion.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

HiipFire posted:

also it might be too late to tell you guys but I kinda already used my daycop but it was on Kash AND YOU FUCKERS LYNCHED HIM BEFORE INFI COULD CONFIRM MY CLAIM

also he was scum so good job anyway I guess

What. The. gently caress.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

HiipFire posted:

cause I used it like earlier today and I didn't feel like dealing with everything that happens with claiming until now

cause he role copped as vanilla which isn't accurate with his claim so unless it was a town gambit he's non-town atleast

Nope nope nope

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

HiipFire posted:

the actual story goes
(a) Gets rolecop power
(b) cops kash to take initiative early instead of being conflicted at the end of the day scurry for a lynch
(c) is busy for most of the day
(d) skips pages to get the claim in before the day was thought to end
(e) doesnt claim result until end of day and after getting confirmed
(f) kash dies from an anonymous vote from someone of UNKNOWNalignment

Not a chance. This isn't real.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm not fully caught up with this mornings posts yet, but I just have to say I am SO boggled at the incompetence on display.

Those of you who are actually town and doing these things, jesus.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Like, hopefully this isn't a situation where I'm posting after a hammer again, but you folks really think it's a great idea to end a day before everyone has had a chance to post in the day and reveal anything new they might know?

Boggles the mind.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

You scummy fucks. Quit trying to end the day before everyone can get their say in.

You are the loving worst.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

You know what? gently caress it. gently caress you all.

Not going to try catching up anymore. Not going to bother. The Mod can PM me if you ever decide to stop being assholes.

I'm done with this game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mayor Glowku posted:

Not like you posted much anyway.

A loving plus self hammer.

You cocksucker.

Gee, I wonder why people don't post when we end days 28 hours early.

gently caress YOURSELF.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quid, I was thinking you were being a cock to these new folks before.

I was wrong.

You are right.

gently caress these people.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mayor Glowku posted:

How about the past two days.

Oh you mean when days and hammers also came early?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Unwarranted, have some tact man.

Completely warranted for his nonsensical attack.

• Locked thread