Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sapato
May 31, 2005
:)
Hello everyone, to start things off I'd like to say that I went back a few pages and did not find any posts for this game.

If you like games like Team Fortress 2, and recently Overwatch, then this game is for you. Personally I think its the best of this type around.

THIS IS NOT A MOBA!!!

With the thread I also come bearing gifts (keys) as I have also been invited to Beta's from SA so I feel its my duty to give back to this awesome community.

Let's get started.

The Makers of Smite come back with a fun, refreshing, First Person Shooter

As they say, third time’s the charm (I didn't like overwatch, and battleborn), because Paladins has that ‘it’ factor for me,
You don’t die in an instant like other games in the genre. It has a more “halo-like” health system
so that even though you are getting hit, you have more than just a few seconds to turn the battle in your favor.
Especially using the Card system.

The card aspect of the game is really well done. You can make decks centered around one skill,
or mix and match to get more health, further rolls, or heal yourself on the killing blow.
You have four slots for your custom decks as well.

There are currently three game modes. Capture and Payload which has you fighting for a control spot, after it has been taken over, a machine spawns that you must stay near,
to bring it into the enemy's fortress. Kind of like Team Fortress 2. A new mode called Survivor is just as it sounds, one death and you’re out.

There are currently 14 characters, with a new one added about once a month. Patches come usually once a week and sometimes they blind side you with it's contents.

They took out a game mode for a patch for instance.

The Card System

The Card system is what makes this great game stand out from the pack. You buy cards for you favorite hero common, rare, legendary, etc.
You then choose your cards on what you want to do.Do you like playing as Cassie, well she has a move that fires laser arrows, you can put
a card that makes it shoot 3 arrows in a wide range. There is a skill that grants you extra damage if you hit an enemy coming off from a roll.
You can add a card that takes off 3 seconds if the arrow hits.

Like I said once I have a few beta keys to give out, post your email here, once you hit level 4 in game you receive even more invites!
So let's get this invite train going!

(I Hope I made this thread right, please let me know if anything is wrong.)

Sapato fucked around with this message at 14:53 on May 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapato
May 31, 2005
Patch 27 - 6.14.16

This was a big patch, go here to see what it has:

http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?8436-Closed-Beta-27-Patch-Notes-His-Royal-Majesty

Sapato fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jun 23, 2016

Sapato
May 31, 2005
6.14.16 - Introducing The Bomb King

Bomb King, His Majesty

[Weapon] Sticky Bombs
Throw sticky bombs that stick to any surface for 60s and can be remotely detonated, dealing damage in an area.

[Q] Grumpy Bomb
Throw a massive bomb that grows angrier the longer it sits still, exploding after 3s dealing damage and stunning all targets in an area.

[F] Poppy Bomb
Throw an unstable bomb that sticks to any surface for 60s and can be remotely detonated, dealing a small amount of damage and knocking enemies and Bomb King away from the blast.

[RMB] Detonate
Detonate all active Sticky Bombs, causing them to explode.

[E] King Bomb
Roll into the king of all bombs, traveling forward and exploding dealing massive damage in an area.

Bomb King Cards

Doomsday
[Grumpy Bomb] Grumpy Bomb deals {100/200/300/400}% more damage to shields.

Shell Shock
[Grumpy Bomb] Grumpy Bomb slows targets hit by {10/20/30/40}% for 4s.

Air Blast
[Poppy Bomb] You have {15/30/45/60}% more air control while airborne after hitting yourself with Poppy Bomb.

Bomb Shelter
[Sticky Bomb] Reduce the self damage you receive from Sticky Bombs by {25/50/75/100}%.

Backdraft
[Poppy Bomb] Lower the Cooldown of Poppy Bomb by {1/2/3/4}s if you only hit yourself with it.

Shock and Awe
[Poppy Bomb] After Poppy Bomb explodes, gain {15/30/45/60}% Movement Speed for 3s.

Countdown
[Grumpy Bomb] Reduce the cooldown of Grumpy Bomb by {1/2/3/4}s.

Trip Wire
[Grumpy Bomb] If Grumpy Bomb hits three or more enemy champions, lower the Cooldown of Poppy Bomb by {2/4/6/8}s.

Accelerant
[Poppy Bomb] Increase the self knock back of poppy bomb by {10/20/30/40}%.

Flare
[Weapon] Detonating sticky bombs reveals affected enemies for {2/4/6/8}s.

Jolt
[Poppy Bomb] Poppy Bomb explodes on contact and has a {10/20/30/40}% increased knockback against enemies.

Fallout
[Grumpy Bomb] When Grumpy Bomb explodes he spawns an HP drop that heals for {100/200/300/400}.

Sapato fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 23, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
This looks interesting, I would like to play it!

Sapato
May 31, 2005
just post your email

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

I guess I could give this a try, my email is (edit: deleted, thanks).

surfacelevelspeck fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 10, 2016

Sapato
May 31, 2005
Sent, please let me know how you like it.

Kofi Annan
Jan 30, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cool, I love Smite. I'll take an invite to [redacted] please!

EDIT: Received, thanks!!

Kofi Annan fucked around with this message at 16:45 on May 10, 2016

Sapato
May 31, 2005

Kofi Annan posted:

Cool, I love Smite. I'll take an invite please!

Sent!

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
This sounds pretty neat, I'd like to check it out. edit: Received. Thanks for the key, dude!

Mom with a blog fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 10, 2016

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20
Worth a shot,

e: Thanks.

KwegiboHB fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 10, 2016

Sapato
May 31, 2005
Both invites sent! Still have a few left. Don't forget once you hit level 4 you get more but you have to go into your hi-rez website account to access them.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Edit: Got it, thanks.

SpiritOfLenin fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 10, 2016

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
Interested, send one to kingkikka3@gmail.com

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I'll try it out. redpineachewood@gmail.com

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey, they've added some heroes since last time I played

I probably will try it out again tonight

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Sapato posted:

just post your email

Ty!

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 10, 2016

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Wouldn't mind giving this a try!

NeitzeyT@gmail.com

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
I've only played a few rounds so far but I'm digging this, and am okay with more games following the Battleborn / Overwatch style of first person shooter.

When I reach level 4 I'll send out some beta keys to whoever else wants in.

edit: I found it was taking longer and longer each time I tried to get into a match so I'm gonna take a break for now.

Mom with a blog fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 10, 2016

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I would like to try this, I missed out on the entire Overwatch beta because I am dumb
sabredenton@gmail.com

Sapato
May 31, 2005
Four more sent, sorry guys that's all I have.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
This game is so bad, and I did not get any more invites at lvl 4. Thank you kindly for the invite.

But Not-Reinheart is unbeatable!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
E: turns out i got into the beta already. im cool

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Countblanc posted:

i'll take a code if there's any available

gabriev@gmail.com

edit: nevermind, actually searched my email's spam folders and found an invite

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I lvled up to lvl 4 but I didn't get any beta invites. Help me to Help you play really lovely games.

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

If someone could send me a key, I would love you forever. acommunistq@gmail.com

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Hey guys, just go to http://www.paladins.com and scroll down to the bottom. There's some links there that give you the option of subscribing to them on either Twitter, Youtube, or Instagram. Once you do that, they just send you a key.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I was gonna ask for one but snakes ruined my enthusiasm.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can try this for 2 weeks I guess!

Are all Champions free for Beta people?

borf
Apr 5, 2006
Would also like to try it out!
wpiwarski@gmail.com

Sapato
May 31, 2005

Blacktoll posted:

I was gonna ask for one but snakes ruined my enthusiasm.

Different tastes!

Turtlicious posted:

I can try this for 2 weeks I guess!

Are all Champions free for Beta people?

They are all "free" in a sense that you have to earn credits by playing, or you signup for founder's club for 19.99 and you get every character now and forever. Kind of like how they did it with smite.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Hey guys, just go to http://www.paladins.com and scroll down to the bottom. There's some links there that give you the option of subscribing to them on either Twitter, Youtube, or Instagram. Once you do that, they just send you a key.

Good information, I didn't know that.

Sapato
May 31, 2005
There are still 3 people who I have sent invites but have not redeemed them. I don't want to be a dick but I'll pass them on if they don't redeem within the next few days.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm still undefeated by using Not-reinheart. People can not take the heat of flamenado!

Sucks hes crosseyed also.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

It's not on the ps4 yet is it?

Sapato
May 31, 2005

DrManiac posted:

It's not on the ps4 yet is it?

It's not but I don't see why they wouldn't bring it to the ps4 at some point. They did the same with smite.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Kinda seems like Fernando is by far the best in the game? He makes so much space and just, like, gettin in there and nutting up wins objectives. I dunno I think the other tanky characters need something extra to be anywhere near as useful as Fernando.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

sugar free jazz posted:

Kinda seems like Fernando is by far the best in the game? He makes so much space and just, like, gettin in there and nutting up wins objectives. I dunno I think the other tanky characters need something extra to be anywhere near as useful as Fernando.

He shits out health just by standing by the payload.

I can't believe this game isn't like getting sued by blizzard, there is so much copied from overwatch it's insane.

Sapato
May 31, 2005
I have 3 more keys, first come first serve, just post your emails.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Apparently they're actually listening pretty closely to feedback and they completely nixxed one of the cornerstones that they were selling this game on, because people didn't give a poo poo about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerstone
May 30, 2010

What the fuck is this?

Sapato posted:

I have 3 more keys, first come first serve, just post your emails.

powerstonevile@gmail.com

Thanks!