Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I'd like a key, and their options on the main page don't seem to be going through for me!

EDIT: Thank you!

AfroSquirrel fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Tenzarin posted:

He shits out health just by standing by the payload.

I can't believe this game isn't like getting sued by blizzard, there is so much copied from overwatch it's insane.

you literally cannot copyright game mechanics under current law

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Orv posted:

Apparently they're actually listening pretty closely to feedback and they completely nixxed one of the cornerstones that they were selling this game on, because people didn't give a poo poo about it?

What was it? I don't know anything about the development.

Orv
May 4, 2011

sugar free jazz posted:

What was it? I don't know anything about the development.

I looked around, they moved from a totally random draw of potential cards (from all the cards you RNG-boxed) for a character each time you leveled, to building decks that you just automatically draw a certain card from at certain levels within a match. It's a way better way to handle it without losing the neat deck aspect.

Sapato
May 31, 2005
:)

Orv posted:

Apparently they're actually listening pretty closely to feedback and they completely nixxed one of the cornerstones that they were selling this game on, because people didn't give a poo poo about it?

I'm not sure what you are talking about, but in one patch they took out a popular game mode (payload) and replaced it with a domination style mode. People were pretty upset over it and in the next patch they kept domination but they also brought back payload in a different playlist. I may have the modes mixed up but, yeah, it seems like they really are listening.

EDIT: Keys sent.

Sapato fucked around with this message at 21:05 on May 14, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
so this game sorta feels like trash right now, but also in that old game "everything is stupid but in a cool way", uh, way. except not everything because some characters really feel like poo poo compared to others and the sniper and assassin lady feel insanely strong once you have actual FPS people who can track a moving target playing them. i dont think ive ever had issues killing fernando except when i'm stupid and play the tree guy who seems like total rear end and dies really fast (hooking onto battlements is cool but the payoff is rarely worth it) still its sorta neat, the concept of burn cards is cool though i feel like i'm missing something since it doesnt seem like you can buy them while on offense on Payload/Capture maps since you don't actually respawn in your spawn room.

my only real gripe other than the aforementioned heroes is that big characters (tree guy, fernando, ruckus) get stuck in hallways a lot and getting stuck on geometry happens pretty often. chokepoints in general feel very tight, especially with the payload taking up a good 50% of it (that there are characters who literally cannot walk around a payload in a choke is real stupid).

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

This game sounds potentially new and interesting and I would like an invite. magicalex84 of gmail.com

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

It's like Overwatch except kinda worse and more anime titties.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
e: bye

buglord fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 19, 2018

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I like how just about everyone who plays this game is garbage at it, me especially, and that makes it fun. Zooming around on Ying and mashing F, Q and right click is super rad, especially after ulting.I got no idea where I'm gonna end up and then I see 400 400 400 400 400 and I'm like coool *mash mash mash*

edit: hit me up if you wanna play with a dumbass who is bad, name in game is lonerwithabon3r

sugar free jazz fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 17, 2016

Sapato
May 31, 2005
Patch #26 has been released, maps made shorter, announcer changed, more notes on the second post here.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Fernando is just unbeatable. Don't know how you guys are carrying a team as a dps when you can just stop the payload forever as that tank.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
There's certain characters that eat Fernando for breakfast, Cassie, Kinessa, and Pip probably being the big ones. He's super good, especially with perma-speed thanks to the new patch, but hardly insurmountable. The scariest things in the game for me right now are honestly Skye and Barik's new turret. Also Buck is still awful.

Sapato
May 31, 2005
So for a quick run of Patch #26.

They have redone the announcer voice.
You can now purchase specific cards instead of random rolling for them.
The end-of-match lobby page has been fully updated to better show Experience progress. It now also includes match accolades awarding you for great play. We will be continuing to improve this page.

The character select screen looks different.

Temple Ruins and Enchanted Forest have now been reduced in size.
*NEW* Skirmish Arena - A single point Survival map.

Champions now have new portrait art.

The in-game music has been completely updated.

The Health bar above players during a match has been updated to better reflect the maximum amount of Health that player has.

That's just a rough read over.

Sapato fucked around with this message at 16:14 on May 21, 2016

Estel
May 4, 2010
This looks interesting. I would like to try it if anyone has a key

estelthir@gmail.com

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
Wouldn't mind giving it a try if possible:

martin.peel@gmail.com

Sapato
May 31, 2005

Avocados posted:

I'm down to try, it looks charming :shobon:

ronniexps@gmail.com

Sent

Sapato
May 31, 2005

Estel posted:

This looks interesting. I would like to try it if anyone has a key

estelthir@gmail.com

sent

Sapato
May 31, 2005

Sapato posted:

DESDINOVA, ESTEL, AVOCADOS

ALL keys have been sent out to you. Enjoy!

New patch and characters have been added, see the first posts for more information. Also, I'm sorry for all the 'sent' posts, I don't know how to delete them.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

It looks like the game has gone into some kind of open beta. I don't know if it's a limited thing but I'm :f5: downloading now!!

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Lutha Mahtin posted:

It looks like the game has gone into some kind of open beta. I don't know if it's a limited thing but I'm :f5: downloading now!!

I didn't like Overwatch much when I played it briefly, installed this game for free today and it owns big time. It's a little cheesy, very simple and flashy, the interface (and the hero unlock system, skin buying etc) is all much more like League than it is like Dota. But it's free, so I expected it.

Also we not only can do referrals for something like a week after a person begins, but you actually get a bunch of bonus coins for every hour you play together. Definitely a good goon game, someone less lazy than I am should make a Steam group and if they don't, I will

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I'm in too. It's pretty fun. I like drago.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ScorpioMajesty posted:

I'm in too. It's pretty fun. I like drago.

Did you buy the unlock everything bundle or grind him out? I am thinking of buying it while it's only 13 bucks, but then I wonder what I do with all this gold? Seems like the only thing gold does is unlock heroes

Also a dumb rear end group is up because no one else made one for me, as promised!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/POVERTYPALADINS

I think you click a button and then I approve you, make sure to say 'stairs' a lot or I can't confirm you're part of this secret elite forum

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
No, he was one of the free heroes. Is it different for everyone? I also ended up getting his skin in a chest! The heroe im grinding out is the engineer guy.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2gBkqP4V9Y

how is this game even legal

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Blizzard is the company who sued Valve for using characters a guy who works for Valve designed while making a free mod for a Blizzard game, a Blizzard game which stole most of it's ideas directly from Warhammer and Tolkien. What I'm saying is this: It is at least as legal as The WLich King

ScorpioMajesty posted:

No, he was one of the free heroes. Is it different for everyone? I also ended up getting his skin in a chest! The heroe im grinding out is the engineer guy.

You're right, just didn't try him yet. Unlocked the tree man, and I can confirm he owns

Also the client of this game is good, the only menu that sucks is the social panel so make sure to add each other in game several times til it works, and if you refer each other or me, you also get bonus coins and eventually crystals the more hours you play with that person.

Current in game name is LONGBEARD add me goons

extra stout fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 18, 2016

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

hahaha holy poo poo

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I'm actually surprised at how good this game is, I thought it looked like garbage.

In my limited experience the player base is toxic, but hilariously so and it's kinda fun to see people raging in chat about how bad their team is while they also are really bad.

e: also yeah it's very Overwatch-y but Overwatch is basically just TF2 with Ults, everything is derivative of something else these days (and probably always has been).

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 18, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's pretty clear that no one who plays this has ever played an FPS before, but that makes it sorta fun to stomp around in. The actual mechanics are super fun though and I hope the game does well.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

thank you for this :lol:

i will say that this game definitely has a different feel than overwatch, though. you can see the influence and iteration that they are building on, going from the top-down RTS-style MOBA, to Smite, and now to this more action-game-oriented style.

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 18, 2016

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Everyone is terrible at this game and it's glorious.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
WAIT WAIT WAIT....I've been playing against real people in the casual cue? I thought they had to be bots :stare:

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

WAIT WAIT WAIT....I've been playing against real people in the casual cue? I thought they had to be bots :stare:

This game is full of remarkably bad players, it's unbelievable.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Well if that level of inspiration were legally applicable the MOBA bubble would have collapsed under the weight of a trillion lawsuits, rather than the weight of two dozen lovely games, cause basically everyone stole everything from DotA, and now everyone steals everything from League.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Barik is bad. Fernando is a bit broken and Sky's special strike should probably be nerfed too. Pubbies continue to impress me with how awful they are. Also I did not know that Hi-Rez were the ones behind Global Agenda. GA owned tons and actually worked pretty well as a F2P shooter.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Barik is bad. Fernando is a bit broken and Sky's special strike should probably be nerfed too. Pubbies continue to impress me with how awful they are. Also I did not know that Hi-Rez were the ones behind Global Agenda. GA owned tons and actually worked pretty well as a F2P shooter.

I haven't tried all the heroes but the formula that is true is that the most important thing is a team mate pick Fernando and know how to hold the shield up while we capture. Then and only then, I can pick the Tree Man and hatchet the poo poo out of people while mass healing my team. What's your in game name?

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Welp, matchmaking seems to have balanced out a bit, so now I'm getting opposing teams that can win, but I still get loads of salty team mates.

Decent game, though

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

extra stout posted:

I haven't tried all the heroes but the formula that is true is that the most important thing is a team mate pick Fernando and know how to hold the shield up while we capture. Then and only then, I can pick the Tree Man and hatchet the poo poo out of people while mass healing my team. What's your in game name?

Crazedkid103. Didn't even think about comms. COTS the go to?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

First game against real people. We have a Fernando that shielded 0 damage and yelled at us the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Oh I was literally just looking for this thread five minutes ago. Neat game, surprised I already have most champions but I guess that happens when you unlock 5 through giveaways.

Fernando is too beefy, assassin elf is far too good, Barik's blunderbuss is loving garbage and sniper chick is infinitely superior to archer chick but other than that game is pretty solid.