Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Well thank you HiRez for Nerfing Makoa's ult so everyone can disable him. Lex seems like a very momentum based hero. If he gets the bounty kills he can come online faster than other flankers but if he can't he'll just get outstripped by other flankers who are alot more mobile than he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ancient Rage is now good for Makoas who need to make a quick getaway and need the bonus HP to not die. You can still do the major plays/kills with Makoa, but you first need to either have no cc champs on the enemy team or the cc champs are dead.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah just type in Paladins on the search bar and you'll find the official Reddit Discord Group.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

They decided to, without even posting it in the patch notes, nerfed the amount of gold you get from weekly challenges and first wins of the day, alongside removing radiant chest rewards for character mastery level 2,3 and 4.

I played enough of Monday Night Combat to know where this is going.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Heliotrope posted:

Apparently they decided to put in an "autobuy" option for the stuff you buy with Credits during a game. Confused me for a while because I'd start a game and had already bought something I never buy with that hero. I was actually wondering if it was a bug. If that's showing up, just go to gameplay in the Options segment and turn it off.

The worst part of it is, the autobuy isn't even smart, it'll even buy wrecker against a team that has no frontliners. You can't even customize it to buy things in a certain order that you want so you can focus more on the game. It really feels like a waste of man hours when the solution to their problem was just to have a more blatant and open inventory icon and have more tooltips on what items to buy.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

The new champion, Seris, is pretty cool.

Yeah she is, especially with her legendary that whenever you use her q and the targets have 4 stacks on them they get stunned for 1 second. Only problem though is that although she has alot of sustain, she also isn't as good of a healer as Ying or Mal Dhamba.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Willow looks a but uncanny valley for me. At least her kit suits me, it screams "i hate you for being on point, let me make your time on the capture point suck."

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

Probably going to be my new frontline:

Probably going to hear a lot of demandss for nerfs.

She's gonna be awesome with her ability to knock people off the map all the time.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Oh the Summer Open Qualifiers week 4 is hilarious. District 69 and WASD were battling and WASD's Evie was pushing the cart and won the push while District 69 was distracted by the rest of WASD.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

DarklyDreaming posted:

After trying her out for an hour I can honestly say your prediction was accurate :hellyeah:

I got randomly paired with an Ash as Inara a few times. Between her knockbacks and my wall no one was able to dislodge us off the point.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

EDIT double post

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Sha Lin has the advantage of not getting completely boned when a flanker comes to face him whereas a Kinessa has to do alot more to have a winnable duel.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Ty! Those are great.

Also, what do people refer to when they are talking about their mmr/rating? Do they actually use the elo from paladins.guru? Or is there something better.

It seems like no one really plays comp? I'm confused here.

People refer to elo using the fan site Paladins.Guru to track their mmr. Competitive is kind of messed up because it encourages throwing and selfish picks to preserve your main champ's elo. Even the pros find Casual matchmaking to be better than competitive.

There are alternatives such as mypaladins, but that site sucks. Mypaladins includes matches from test maps as part of your mmr which means you don't have a mode where you can practice w/ other players without worry. Paladins.guru which shows you what elo everyone has to you can understand how much elo you gain and lose per match, mypaladins doesn't tell you jack squat. It says that it grades you on individual performance, but it doesn't tell you exactly what you're being graded on. And on a person note I certainly believe that bugzy is 1500 elo than me than mypaladins telling me that he's only 400 elo better than me.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

They really need to get their poo poo together on the consoles. I'm tired of getting randomly disconnected while in the queue only to get "Deserter" status when I log back in. I wasn't even in a loving game dipshits. :argh:

They said next patch they made the servers more stable. Hopefully that means stable for everybody.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

OB 53 in a nutshell:
Make everyone shoot farther and projectiles go faster. Also give everyone but Skye buffs. Skye gets a nerf to Preparation and nothing else.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Buck tends to be bad because his leap has a long cd, a big hitbox and his shotgun needs you to headshot and be practically hugging your target to deal significant damage.

The best tend to be:
Androxus as top flanker for him having a shield, an omnidirectional dash with 3 charges, a hitscan revolver that does 600 damage a shot with 900 damage for headshots, and an aoe teamwipe ultimate that deals 4000 damage. He also has a passive that allows him to float in the air, so it helps you keep a steady aim on people when you're flaying and increases your air time.

Drogoz, Bomb King, Sha Lin, Cassie,
Damage pip and viktor as damage. Typically because they can output alot of damage while also being incredibly mobile and hard to hit.

Frontliners are Makoa and Inara. Makoa because he has a kill secure hook, a dome shield, a spin dash and ultimate that grants him a ton of hp and can clear off capture points. Inara because she has a ton of damage reduction skills and a wall that can be used to block off passages and ultimates. With a healer this makes Inara ridiculously hard to take down.

Side tanks are typically used to support the main tanks like Ruckus who is basically an attack helicopter, Barik who has a shot gun and turrets, and Ash who has a ton of knockback skills and an ultimate that makes her immortal for x seconds.

Supports right now are Seris for having the best single target healing, a good escape and sustain, and an ultimate like Zarya's that pulls everyone into one place. Another is Mal Dhamba who has a projectile stun when he reloads, a hitscan right click heal, a gourd that does heals your team and harms your enemies, a dash that gives you invulnerability frames and an ultimate that makes everyone run away from the cart and capture point.

This is by far not a comprehensive list but these are usually the heroes I see that are played most.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Seconding the Joshino recommendation, on one video where he lambasts HiRez for continuously increasing the grind he went through the trouble and actually researched up on how FTP models made their money and was genuinely surprised that HiRez's way was not a common practice nor the most profitable.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

foutre posted:

Sounds really interesting, thanks. I'll check him out! On a more specific note, is there a favorite Barik card? It seems like the shotgun one would do wonders for his dps, but maybe that's the wrong instinct.

Architronics is Barik's only good card. Fortify is useless since Barik's shield is fragile and has a 15 second cooldown that starts after the shield breaks. And Blunderbuss is not using Barik's turrets. With Architronics you get turrets with lower cd, 20% more damage and autoaim. Basically these turrets will never miss and because they aren't loud, you can deal alot of damage to enemies and they won't even notice until it's too late. Plus your turret has cards that heal you and the Turret so you get a lot of self sustain. OB 53 also made it so your shotgun does extra damage far away so you'll have more consistent damage across all ranges.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

She's giving me Zhin vibes, a hero that I'll probably like but is going to require Inara tier buffing to get anywhere close to viable and interesting.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

foutre posted:

So, I saw a tier list from Bird iirc for ob 52(?) that i thought put Torvald at like B tier. He always seemed decent when I saw him, and people ran him a lot, but I assumed it was just a "things are viable at low levels that are bad at high levels" thing. Was he actually pretty strong?
He was very dependent on two things; the enemy team being too dumb to buy wrecker and an open map so he can use his Hyperbeam and protection without things blocking his los.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Rubellavator posted:

She may be pure gun, but her gun is great. She is really really fun to play. First damage champion I've looked forward to since Tyra maybe.

Which legendary would you recommend on her? Precision makes it so you almost never have to reload ammo, Eminence seems good on narrow maps to pierce multiple enemies and Alacrity just seems good on a "I dismount literally everyone at once" basis. Also should I focus more on body shots or headshots? 200 more damage for a headshot seems kind of meh to me.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Rubellavator posted:

I haven't gotten enough play with her yet to really decide, they all seem viable. I'm currently running Precision.

What I want to try right now is Alacrity with Swift Jade IV. If you have 3 targets and swift jade IV you can chain together dash -> right click -> dash for 1200 damage to anything you can see.

That sounds awesome. I can't wait to play her when she's officially released. I play almost nothing but frontliners so she would be a welcome Reprieve.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Rubellavator posted:

The dreamhack Valencia lan has been going on and it's been pretty crazy. China and NA are in the finals tomorrow. Literally every lan before this has been EU vs EU in the finals. China plays some weird comps with buck, ying and Torvald and it's throwing everyone off. It helps that they're also a really good team.

District 69 also got owned by GQ hard with that comp. They've gotten arrogant and lazy, it was a natural conclusion.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I am really, really liking Lian. For one Top Play I sniped an enemy Lian with my ult, shot a Maeve mid air with my sniper skill and ended her with a headshot, it was awesome. Plus playing her has taught me to be more situationally aware, I am too used to be able to tank everything as Inara.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I really enjoy the new Flanknando and playing him on the new Test Map Shade. It's symmetrical, got alot of routes and is small enough to make people fight instead of camping on one spot.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

This is why you pick the Scorch Legendary and go play Flanknando. His high hp, mobility and ability to spam fireball makes him very good at grilling squishies.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Apparently not since they haven't fixed it since half my games for the past few days got drop hacked.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

On the other hand Flash Bang.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yeah I'm not having a good time either. For the entire week I've been up against Diamond/Master level players in Casual . Meanwhile I don't have anyone that good on my team. Or how in comp the game thinks I'm as bad as players with hundreds of hours in this game, but have a <50% wr and sub 2k elo.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Good news, next patch you can see who is healing you and for what amount so no one can deny you're healing them. Also their health bars turn green when you're healing, yellow when under cauterize.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

"Oh a Kinessa is on our Team. Watch as we get paired up against pro tier players."
Imagine my surprise when I saw z1unknown's username on the loading screen. The guy's elo is 4999, mine is 2465.
http://paladins.guru/match/pc/162292310
Needless to say I lost hard. At least as Lian I was able to beat z1uknown in a few duels.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Talus' Rune needs to act like a Portal Gun. As is he is way too predictable as a flanker. He can't stick his rune on any surface other than the floor, can't throw his rune and typically only uses it to get out after a gank.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Countblanc posted:

He also has no real substantial burst. He's like a Damage with a bit more mobility and worse effective range.

In some ways he's even worse than Skye. At least Skye has Invisibility, more burst thanks to her legendaries, and her ult is more likely to secure kills.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Another thing that would revive the game is reverting OB 64 back to the old system.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I’m pretty sure backing away from EA tier business practices would be a viable option.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Yet. That was the keyword on their official statements, yet. They’re going to as soon as they can get away with it, bleed the game and use that to fun their next IP. Not to mention that Unbound mode replaced Casual mode aka the most played mode. Yeah make your most popular mode into a grind to win system where you get no say in the cards you want. Oh you can play Comp mode so you don’t need to grind. And then comp gets bogged down between the casuals and tryhards having completely different mindsets and goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

The new patch came out and Dredge has arrived. He is awesome but like with any damage hero he requires aim to make his best Legendary Hurl work. It turns him into like a Cassie but can get multiple buffs like more health, triple damage against shields and gives you infinite ammo for your main weapon.