Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I installed this on a whim the other night and am really enjoying it. It's what I thought Overwatch was going to be. Definitely a lot more casual but the progression system and customization makes it much more my style. It's been a lot of fun to own bones as Mal'Damba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

OxMan posted:

I've never played overwatch but a lot of the supports in paladins are kinda like support healing or support/other class. Seris is probably the top used support outside of the free rotation and it's mostly cause she can poo poo damage on a point. Grover is also either a good healer or a goddamn hunting machine.

All the classes are like that though, I love it. Zhen Ji can ghetto frontline if setup for it, Bomb King is a great flanker, etc.

Yeah, Mal'Damba is like that too. I spent some elixir or whatever to buy some extra cards and the other legendary card to go for more of a DPS build and that was awesome.

At times it felt unfair too but I'm guessing that it could be simply the F2P crowd in lower ranks playing characters they might not understand the best. I was able to kill a Fernando 5 or 6 times in one round almost by myself, he just kept overextending and perhaps thought he should have no trouble with a Support character but wasn't able to do much unless he had the drop.

I'm also impressed with the map layouts, you don't spend much downtime at all in this game and that was a big criticism I had with other games like this. The mounts are a good addition and while the maps are simple, they usually provide several choke points with various ways to get there and move your team forward, where other games may feel like a downright stalemate once reached.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Anyone still play this? Looking for some casual friends to play a few games a night with. I plopped down the $20 since I've had fun with this and like where it's going. Just hate playing solo sometimes.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Feel like Maeve is so loving overpowered. Unless I am just terrible with just about every character in that if she gets the drop on you, you're pretty much dead.