Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

StrawmanUK posted:

Yeh most of the character design is top notch. Its much more fun that overwatch for me too, the ultimates arent completely gamechanging.

I'm really getting into this too. It's a lot of fun coming from Overwatch.

Stuff I like:

1) No hero switching mid-match to counter ad nauseam. This is actually a positive for me.
2) No rezzes except for the one character Terminus, which is a self only rez.
3) Health regen out of combat.
4) I find the supports a lot more fun to play.
5) Makoa, who is real and strong and is my friend.

Don't like:

1) 20 seconds or whatever to set up skins before a match. Ain't nobody got time for that
2) Willo, the creepy Bratz doll

I never played before the card change that apparently made everyone super mad but as someone who started playing after all the changes, I don't see why it's so bad? I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

PepperKeibu posted:

Complaining about the changes became a meme on Reddit and snowballed.

Gotcha. Probably been the third game since christmas I've tried where this was the explanation.

Either way, I've found this to be a fun time and not the goofy ripoff I thought it was at first glance.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

If anyone used to play this and abandoned ship after the lovely lootbox update that made everyone furious, Hi-Rez brought in a new group of people and they're reverting all the changes, card leveling, removing boxes and adding power progression that is pretty much what everyone wanted. Basically a complete overhaul.

The number of changes are bonkers, I won't copy/paste because its huge:

http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?71718-Open-Beta-67-Updates-Notes-March-7

Supposed to drop in a couple days, if you used to like playing more chill but less polished free Overwatch.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Some of the simple mechanics in Paladins push it past Overwatch in my book. Really it just comes down to no hero switching and you regen health out of combat. Those two things right there are so critical to how much I enjoy these types of arena shooters that I can't really see playing OW instead anymore.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Also whoever named this game "Paladins" should be sad because that's just about the lamest name ever. Why even call it that? What does it have to do with anything? Even something 10x more generic like "Champions of the Realm" would have done better.

I like this game but I've always disliked it's stupid name.