Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I don't have a facebook. Not proud of this. I'm pretty sure most of my friends think I'm dead. Should I get an Instagram?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
ill hit you in the face with a book you piece of poo poo

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
sorry

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

stick to your guns books

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hey gaunab

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
as for Facebook I still have one but check in seldomly and toss out likes just so people are aware I am still, in some manner, alive

it has become horrible to me and I regret being one of its earliest members strongly

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
If i got a facebook i'd just be revealing to the world i have no friends

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I have a facebook with 530 friends and i have been avoiding it for a year and a half bec of depression/anxiety. its like work having a drat facebook page, and i just dont feel like dealing with it anymore.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I refer to it as "fakebook" "farcebook" or "facebrag"

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Gotta get unsolicited relationship advice from somewhere.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't have Facebook because all my friends are terrible people and I work in finance so there's no way in hell they will let me stay when they see I'm friends with literal criminals. Also, I don't give a poo poo about pictures of your loving kids.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

hey

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
lol just lol if your Facebook profile isn't public

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Why do people have so many friends on facebook? I've got less than 100 and still feel like it's way too many

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I didn't agree with OP's premise, but after reading a few replies he may be onto something.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Is instagram where it goes down in the dm?

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Facebook taught me to be on the lookout for criminals who put quarters in the car door handle and now I feel like so muhc safer.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Gaunab posted:

Is instagram where it goes down in the dm?

touch base with symbolic, that goddam millenial knows all the hot new social networks the drat kids are using these days

something called "kik"? jfc

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
im on myspace. im tom. tom from myspace.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
my extended family just uses facebook to abuse each other and gossip destructively, so I can't use facebook lest I be dragged into their insane white trash drama every day.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

how are you gaunab

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

P sure kik is mostly for molesting kids

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Yeah I was gonna say Kik is really good for shaming pedophiles because you can just pretend to be a 23 year old girl and they will all send you dick pics

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i like facebook because it allows me to have a place to organize events. i have a summer cookout every year for 40-50 people and its good to just check off their names for invites and stuff without having to hunt people down and get rsvps and stuff

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I've never had one. What's facebook like anyhow?

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
Facebook can be annoying, but I find linkedin to be more of a hassle, especially in its current form.

Pure Heroin
May 9, 2016

by Cowcaster
It's a huge red flag for women to. I have been ghosted several times for not having any social media accounts.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Get Facebook Jon Pop

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Facebook is poo poo. Got off in 2013 and been :smug: ever since.

OP get an instagram, it's pretty cool and you don't have to read your family's misguided political opinions

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
Im not on facebook but I am going to post my face in the PYF selfie thread some day soon, to socialize with goons.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I have a Facebook

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Anderron Shi posted:

I have a Facebook

What do you use it for?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

touch base with symbolic, that goddam millenial knows all the hot new social networks the drat kids are using these days

something called "kik"? jfc
please stop using me as a liaison for what's cool and good

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Celluloid Sam posted:

how are you gaunab

alright. how are you

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Minimalist Program posted:

What do you use it for?

Hmm, mostly just posting pics of my baby and catching up with old friends. Also looking at the people that are in this white boy gang in my city whenever I'm feeling down about my own life.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Minimalist Program posted:

Im not on facebook but I am going to post my face in the PYF selfie thread some day soon, to socialize with goons.

you must be really good looking

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Gaunab posted:

you must be really good looking

Thanks Gaunab, you too.

Anderron Shi posted:

Hmm, mostly just posting pics of my baby and catching up with old friends. Also looking at the people that are in this white boy gang in my city whenever I'm feeling down about my own life.

thats what I used facebook for when I had it and then I remembered I didn't want to show a picture of my kids to a bunch of semi-strangers I went to school with 15 years ago.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
I made a linkedin account some months back to get some stuff in order for work and an old ex girlfriend found me there somehow and wrote me a long rear end email about her divorce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I liked it better when people actually posted stupid bullshit about their lives because I actually kind of care about a lot of that bullshit because they're my friends. Now it's just wacky videos and bad recipes.

• Locked thread