Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Gonna see this in an hour. Dont have a lot of expectations even though I love the first movie ill be satisfied as long as its a fun ride ill be good. Im also gonna be drunk which will help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Saw it. Liked it.

Confirming what others have said in that the very first hour is largely a retread with a few changes here and there. Last 30 minutes are definitely the best part of only because the movie decides to go 90mph from that point on.

Something that was spot on though was the sound design god drat. Theres a part of the movie where it sounds like the forest itself is slowly closing around the cast. Great stuff.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Im sorry you got owned

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm so glad you post here. You're taste matches up with mine so well. I watch almost everything you recommend. This looks awesome. Why was I sick the last two days, could have watched this at home!

Sharing this sentiment right now, lot of really cool horror I wouldve never seen if not for this forum.

More on the movie, joining in on the "it happens to them because they believe it will" I thought it was a neat that Lane (Lain??) Points out theres debate about whether or not rustin parr killed kids in the attic or basement and of course we end up in the attic later. The last 30 minutes almost feels like a mess of theories and explanations people have come up with over the years both within the movies universe and real life.

We even got a dang slender man and ufo lights in there!

• Locked thread