Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I really enjoyed the film up until the point you started seeing the witch in a bit more detail. Something about her design suddenly brought back a rush of memories from the nightmares I had as a kid, and my panic induced laughter just turned into outright panic. My partner said he felt my hand go completely cold from that point. :saddowns:

Was especially frustrating as out of all the goddamn horror movies I've seen lately it's the only one to provoke that kind of reaction out of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Drewsky posted:

That just sounds like it worked really well for you.

Oh sure, it just caught me off-guard that I had such a visceral reaction to the film. Haven't had a panic attack in years and this is what sets me off for gently caress's sake. :v:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

BiggerBoat posted:

So the movie was OK. No great shakes but not terrible.

One thing that really, really bothered me though were the several instances of footage that absolutely no one could have been shooting. Or, worse, WOULD have been shooting. There were many times when I said "Wait, who's filming this part and why?"

I guess the premise here is that it's not ALL found footage this time?

Can you think of any examples off the top of your head? Everyone was wearing ear cams at least.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

a cop posted:

There was even an ambient music soundtrack for some scenes, right?

I think it was always when the witch was doing her weird poo poo. Sort of a low, uncomfortable ambient music.

• Locked thread