Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I know this isn't just a horror movie thing but jesus, every single time someone wants to hard sell their horror movie the pull quote is always "The Scariest Film. OF ALL TIME."

Aside from the clickbait aspects of a pull quote like that, people are real drat bad at putting intense emotional reactions into a broader context. No movie is scaring me as much as The Woods right now, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Considering You're Next was Wingard and Barrett delivering a lot of the same broad metanarrative points as Cabin in the Woods but with like ten times the nuance and insight, I'm not that worried

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

okay, the lovely blair witch trailer has a whole new context now

Wait there was a lovely Blair Witch trailer?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

InfiniteZero posted:

Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows did $13M in its opening weekend 16 years ago and was considered a failure

It also cost three times as much to make as Blair Witch, so

Like, it's very well possible that Blair Witch might kill the franchise because studios are more often than not gormless motherfuckers who have no idea what they're doing, but Blair Witch made three times its budget in one week. Any definition of commercial 'failure' that includes it is disconnected enough from reality to be pretty much useless

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah despite the obvious frustration in my post I don't actually really disagree with you, which is kinda the saddest part

• Locked thread