Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Jst0rm how about you leak the film just to me, I'll give u $6 & record a scream on my laptop mic that'll be yours royalty free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Here's an article about the process of keeping the movie title secret & a bit about the making of the movie itself

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/22/blair-witch-project-sequel-secret-comic-con?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

& here's segments from the comic con Q&A

http://bloody-disgusting.com/interviews/3400236/blair-witch-video-images-comic-con-screening-qa/

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This is one of the craziest fakeouts in recent memory. I wonder if this was planned before 10 Cloverfield Lane.

That article says it was pitched to them in March 2013 & shot in June/July 2015 so presumably.
Also fun fact from that article is that Simon Barrett was apparently a Private Investigator for 10 years (funny cuz he directed the frame story in VHS 2)

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Translation from the studio end: "Adam Wingard makes movies on the cheap and millenials like them."

Translation from Wingard's end: "They handed us a big pile of money and it was gonna be a real lovely movie if we didn't make it."

Well, that's not a quote from Wingard so uhhh nah, and man maybe but they clearly rly do like the movie. Barrett even posted on Facebook about going through the Blair Witch books after (apparently theyre not very good who knew)...like...dont need to be so rude cynical style...also dont use the word "millenials" its illegal

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

GonSmithe posted:

I can't think of anything good, help me make a thread title so people can know this is the thread for Blair Witch

Blair Witch

• Locked thread