Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

K. Waste posted:

Witches don't exist, silly.

The witch is a metaphor for witches, rear end in a top hat.

So the movie's not worth my time, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I thought this movie was alright, I was just agreeing with the GE2 love.

For sure, I guess I was taking the agree with everything else in the post too literally.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

LividLiquid posted:

Nothing wasn't not suggesting it, either, as who he hosed wasn't important to the books, but knowing that one of your childhood heroes is gay is kind of a huge deal for a lot of us queerfolk, so needlessly making GBS threads on it is a little irksome.

And saying "that wasn't the wtich" lends credence to the theory that the woods will show you whatever fear you have about them, which would explain why the powers the "witch" has are different between movies.

The books do very lightly imply that Dumbledore hosed wizard Hitler.

moths posted:

That's kind of a wag-the-dog reading though. Once you accept the premise that it shows people their fears, we have to assume what we are being shown is more than disconnected, unrelated witch-theme crap thrown on-screen.

There's absolutely nothing to indicate anyone was afraid of the wiggly-witch before her appearance. And that monster's "don't look at me" nonsense was attributed to both the witch and Rustin. Everything about the attic sequence suggests creepypasta over thematically consistency.

No, John. You are the demons.

• Locked thread