Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Carsons Ghost

i know theres a music thread but I'm listening to a bunch of 7" singels today and I figured I'd make a seperate thread so as to not poo poo up the other one

anyway I just finished some barry manilow and neil diamon, just finished a snigle by Nino Tempo and April Stevens https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4jX1FQHQC8

next up is a little paul mccartney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Carsons Ghost

thought i listened to all my cher but i got one more (gyspsies tramps and thieves)

Ben Carsons Ghost

okay this is a scottish military band playing amazing grace

lots of bagpipes

Ben Carsons Ghost

couple Beatles singles, then freddy cannon? not even sure who thtat is

dire straits after those

Ben Carsons Ghost

yeah i think phil spector did too much with let it be, it's a beautiful song but his mix just gets so big and it really doesn't need to

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
your av is hypnotic.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ben Carsons Ghost

Yobgoblin posted:

your av is hypnotic.

it came from a thread where we started doing strange thinigs with dogaroo's av

now i wanna find it

Ben Carsons Ghost

lol the b-side to let it be is a goofy little song called you know my name (look up my number) and it's 4:20

Macnult

Ben Carsons Ghost

thats cool although i'm trying to listen to all theese 7"s before I put them away so my albums are on the back burner

which is too bad because after listeingn to a half dozen engelbert humperdinck singles i wouldnt mind putting on this and so i watch you from afar lp i got

Ben Carsons Ghost

oh poo poo i think ive heard this freddy cannon joint before

https://youtu.be/VOsD7Wdsc_k

Ben Carsons Ghost

alright the wife is home and i think we'er gonna watch an avengers movie catch you on the flippy floppy

Ben Carsons Ghost

i'm back and i just played kung fu fighting, looks like the eagles are up after that

Ben Carsons Ghost

take it easy b/w get you in the mood
witchy woman b/w earlybird
the long run b/w seven bridges road

seven bridges road is a pretty kool song

Ben Carsons Ghost

https://www.discogs.com/user/DrHolmesPhD/collection if anywone cares, i just like to show off

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

you have 1,979 records? thats impressive

Ben Carsons Ghost

Johnny B Goode b/w my dingaling

theres a skip at the beginning of JBG so you get that guitar opening thing just repeating the same note forever

Ben Carsons Ghost

Luvcow posted:

you have 1,979 records? thats impressive

gotta break 2,000 soon, i figure by the end of july or august

Ben Carsons Ghost

recoreds make me happy

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

DrHolmesPhD posted:

gotta break 2,000 soon, i figure by the end of july or august

thats incredible, how much space do those take up? Im imagining like a small record store sized room

Ben Carsons Ghost

Luvcow posted:

thats incredible, how much space do those take up? Im imagining like a small record store sized room

a wall

hold on i think i can get a picuter

Ben Carsons Ghost

also i fouind tragedy by the bee gees

so many gibbs

Ben Carsons Ghost

who in the heck are the essex

also its pretty funny watching my record collection slowliy tilt

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i unironically love the bee gees

Ben Carsons Ghost

Luvcow posted:

i unironically love the bee gees

hate to say it but andy was always better bro

Ben Carsons Ghost

i forgot to update for harry chapin (cat is in the cradle) and the eurythmics with a marilyn manson cover

Ben Carsons Ghost

im [putting off the blues brothers 7"s because I already know how awesome they are but I found a 7" of Let It Be Me by betty everett and jerry butler

Ben Carsons Ghost

DrHolmesPhD posted:

im [putting off the blues brothers 7"s because I already know how awesome they are but I found a 7" of Let It Be Me by betty everett and jerry butler

oh hey this is like an old soul classic or something

Ben Carsons Ghost

ENGELBERT

MOTHERFUCKING

HUMPERDINCK

Ben Carsons Ghost

although i kinda wanna just listen to swans for a couple days straight

Ben Carsons Ghost

a couple tommy james songs i never heard before

followed by HORTS JANIKOWSKI

Ben Carsons Ghost

sorry that was supposed to say horst

anyway next is either Ringo Starr or those Blues Brothers I was talking about. CAST YHOUR VOTES

Ben Carsons Ghost

https://youtu.be/UtXb-9wApSM

this song is a little funny actually

"Maria"
"Mm-mm, Nola"

Ben Carsons Ghost

well the votes were unanimous for the blues brothers

thank you all for voting

this is not as good as it should be

Ben Carsons Ghost

also i think there are ants in my records

Ben Carsons Ghost

gimme some lovin was pretty disappointing but she caught the katy is just like i remmember :3

symbolic

my vinyl collection is pretty nascent. all i have is Scorpions' Blackout, Tank's War Nation, Saxon's Crusader, and Michael Schenker Group's Assault Attack. i could not imagine owning nearly 2000 records, though.

Ben Carsons Ghost

which reminds me i just learned that bassist for blues brothers and booker t donald "duck" dunn died in 2012 so i'd like to wish his family well and rip in peace

Ben Carsons Ghost

captain and tennille

i pay my dues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Carsons Ghost

its not even love will keep us togheter, they're covering shop around

its... bad

• Locked thread