Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Round 1 Update

Gwenivere jumps off a drat mountain, blasting away. The raptor she targets was unaware of its impending lead gift, and is hit several times by her fusillade. Radios follows her down, hucking fairly unpleasant explosives that may or may not contain rotting flesh. The grenade lands behind the raptor, concussing it with the explosion. Apparently the rotting flesh smell isn't a big deal for raptors, and it turns to face its attackers without wavering.

Battered and bloody as the beast is, it's still a slab of angry meat and claws bigger than a person. It stomps towards its attacker, gaining momentum as it skids around the pillar to face Gwenivere just in time to plow into her with nearly a ton of mass behind it. The killer headbutt knocks the soldier off her feet and into Radios, which is a painful and unpleasant experience for the both of them.

Raptor makes a 4 for its save. Raptor moves around the pillar into adjacency with Gwen. Uses Living Missle on Gwen, gets a 5. Gwen takes 5 damage, is moved into adjacency with Radios, both take additional damage, but see below.

Count, when you have a secondary damage effect, is it boosted like primary damage is for having six PCs? I'm looking at Living Missile on page 147, the Brute entry. Are they taking two or three damage?

Gilfrey is up, then the other raptors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm pretty sure it only boosts the damage line, not the effect line, when you have extra PCs.

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Gilfrey winces as he watches his friends bowl into each other. Part of him wants to point out to the so-tough veterans that they had the high ground, and charging in was a tactical mistake, but the better part of him is plainly very distressed at his team's injuries. "Oh.. oh dear- hold on Miss Gwen! I believe I have something for uh.. blunt trauma injuries..." He lets his launcher slide onto his back and snaps open his book, taking a moment to blow a puff of canyon dust off the pages.

"Alright, now hold still!" Gilfrey traces a small runic circle in the air above the book with a quill, then shatters it with a quick backhand motion. Gwen finds whatever wounds she may have sustained suffused in a pale green light for just a moment. Gilfrey peers over the edge, giving her a small thumbs up. He then digs one last trick out of his bag; a vial of shimmering blue liquid with a small Caerulite device taped to it. "Please, breathe deeply-" As he tosses the assembly into the air a thin beep is heard from the device, and the whole assembly detonates into a fine mist "-it works best when it penetrates into the lower part of the lungs"

I open my turn with a Heal on Gwen, which heals 5 and lets her choose from another effect (although I think only the disadvantage one is legal here unless she takes no more damage).

I then use my friendly ammo to create a zone which grants anyone who starts their turn in it or enters it an additional move action. Use this to get down (or up) the cliff with ease, or just to re-position heavily! I also use lasting blasting to cause the zone to last for an additional turn.

Lastly, I move onto the pillar from the cliff with my move action (if this isn't a legal move, let me know and I'll correct it ASAP)

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
I'll take the Disadvantage option. Currently at 8 HP.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Round 1 Continued

Gilfrey demonstrates his upstanding guildsmanship by patching up his teammates and displaying some tactical acuity. The thought counts, but healing your raptor wounds with nutritive vapors is what really matters in a working relationship.

The raptors scatter. The little ones flail about and scamper with little intelligence behind their actions - they are big dumb bird-lizards, ultimately. The bigger raptors, by virtue of surviving in the wilds longer, are a little sharper. The big raptor's counterpart stomps up to and through the stream with nasty intent in its beady reptillian eyes, but thankfully you're all up here and it's down there.

Curiously, there is a rumbling as the raptor advances, something you feel in your soles rather than hear. Oh well, surely that's nothing.

Raptor 2 moves northish, can't do anything to anyone. Miniraptors scatter, can't affect anyone.

Nemo, Bleu and Will are all up. Brennon, Gil okay to move to that pillar. More movement to another pillar will require a display of athletic prowess.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nemo gulps, closes his eyes, and leaps off the cliff, landing... well, rather safely thanks to Gilfrey's enervating mists.

"Now, let us begin!" Nemo dashes at the nearest raptor, slashing his blade against its flank. He doesn't cause any major injury, but the beast is clearly aware of the tiny thespian's presence. "Haha! Now witness me!" He weaves between its lashing tail and chomping maw, laughing as the thrill of battle energizes him and only serves to peeve off the raptor.

"Take the younglings, I'll keep this one distracted! En Garde!"

Combat Stuff
  • Used his granted Move action to scale down the cliff.
  • Charged the nearest large raptor, rolling a 3 and choosing to deal 2 damage.
  • Elected to use Minor Striker to deal an extra 2 damage to the raptor.
  • Used Hasten, increasing Nemo's initiative from 1 to 2 for the rest of the encounter.
  • Marked the adjacent Raptor.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

That's a dead raptor, and the map has been updated to reflect that fact. Next!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If the Raptor dies from the attack then I'm going to change the second half of my turn, using the granted 2 Move from Hasten to move south-east, and my Role action to Assess, rolling 6.

Nemo asks the following questions:

Regarding the small Jaggi
  • How would you summarize its powers?
  • How many Hit Points does it have?

Regarding the encounter itself
  • Who is really in charge?
  • Are there any hidden enemies?
  • Are there any hidden traps or doors?

I technically get one more question but I don't really think any of them are applicable.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Little bitty jaggi are slippery, highly mobile shifters. They are also stooges, for the record.

None of the guys you can see are in charge.
There is a hidden enemy.
There are no hidden traps or doors in the canyon.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

It seems Nemo's time spent assessing the battlefield before leaping off the cliff paid off - While his comrades are busy getting gored by lizards, Nemo is able to notice that the tremors are likely the footstomps of a much bigger beast and not simply a geological phenomenon. As he splits the raptor in two with a final slash! Nemo calls out "Stay sharp, there is more here than it seems! The small fiends are a distraction, nothing more!"

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

"Let's go!", Blue calls out. With that, Tura leaps off the cliff, bounding across the landscape as he charges, arcing to his left as she moves into a moving dismount. Landing, she runs alongside as they approach a smaller raptor, clearly the large, oversized threat of the battlefield... or so a lizard brain would be likely to think. Or a saurian brain, for that matter. As the little is approached, Tura looms threateningly. He doesn't need to make a roar to make that sort of threat clear; but then, he doesn't seem to vocalize a whole long.

Of course, such action is more likely to provoke a parent than the child...

So! Rolled a 6 to leap off the cliff and charge, which gives some unspecified bonus. Doing a double move and then Marking the big raptor in the stream. Should've made an unskilled roll for clues, but forgot you can do that! Alas.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

WIll finishes revving up.

"Let's roll."

With a roaring rumble a puff of illegally modified smoke, Will exits the cliff Knievel style. Hitting the ground in a groan of springs and flex of tires, he roars off toward the remaining large raptor, impacting with a shattering of glass.

"Oops," says Will, who does not seem particularly perturbed

Charging the big raptor!

Rolled a 6 on my ramping so I'm going to propose my bonus is turning the subsequent glancing blow against the large raptor into a solid blow. If that's ok, the raptor takes 3, is prone and distracted, then I slow him and weaken him with my reaction and role actions.

Screw you, big raptor.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Round 1 finish, start of round 2

Nemo skids down the side of the canyon, heedless of danger, only to pirouette into reach of one of the larger raptoids and bring it down with a solitary stroke.

Bleu and Tura are yet more nimble than their slighter ally, and the big tiger jumps down the canyonside with the skill of a goat and the grace of, well, a big cat. They collectively loom over their tiny, tiny adversary, and all Tura needs is an excuse to destroy the little lizard. Apparently this does not sit well with its larger counterpart.

Will, meanwhile, just skids right off the mesa's edge. Somehow the kobold fails to break every bone in his body as he plummets, and his bike fails to detonate. This improbable conservation of momentum is transferred into the bigger raptor, and it topples to the ground with a tire mark on its face.

Then this rear end in a top hat shows up.

Well. That's a megaraptor. It's bigger than most grosspanzers. And you're stuck down here in this place with it.

The giant beast rears back its head and hoots, an alarmingly goofy noise from a giant mound of scales, feathers and teeth. Squeaks and squawks from down the canyon answer the call, and a pair of miniraptors move into view. Good, it's got friends.

Bleu gets Advantage against her marked target from her skill roll.

Mediraptor is slowed, distracted, prone and weakened. Takes 3 damage.

Megaraptor triggers. Megaraptor is a Titan, with all the rules that entails. Colored bars correspond to hit locations - red is head, orange is left leg, blue is right leg, green is tail. It's big enough to ignore the difficult terrain effects of the canyon floor, although it only gains cover from the stone pillars.

Megaraptor acts first, moves up the map, and summons more miniraptors. 2 miniraptors enter from the left side of the map, near Nemo.

Gwen is up.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

"Sorry Radios," Gwenivere tells her companion, disentangling herself from him. "Didn't see him com-" The megaraptor's roar interrupts her.

Gwenivere laughs without a lot of humor at that. She knew that kobold was an idiot. Or maybe they're the idiots for taking the job. Either way, that things is going down.

She's off at a sprint, covering ground at high speed, then splashing through the river to close the range. She drops into shooter's crouch when she gets close, aims, pulls the trigger - and is rewarded with a misfire. "drat!" Cursing, she falls back the way she came, ending up back next to Radios, under the lip of the canyon.

The subaltern drops to a knee again, and with some trouble clears the jam. "That could have gone better," she says to Radios conversationally.

So between class abilities and the friendly ammo I had 30 squares of movement this turn. Moved way over across the river to fire at the Megaraptor from within 3 squares, missed, ran all the way back from there to the square I started in. Gained a strike.

EDIT: To clarify what happened...
  • Granted move action from Friendly Ammo, moved 10 SE.
  • Attack action; with Blitzer also moved 5 SE, rolled a 1 attack. Miss, take a Strike. Remainder of move after attack, 5 NW.
  • Regular move action, 10 NW. Returned to square I started in.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 27, 2016

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.

"Most ops could tend to, especially after first contact." Radios grins, undeterred by their first flop. Sure, there was more than plenty of egg on his face after all that bragging he'd spewed in Gilfrey's face about "inventions being perfect" and "users being the ones who are lacking!", but that didn't mean it was his invention's failure! It just meant he was the one who wasn't good enough for—

Woah, losing it here. Radios shakes loose the doubts and pulls himself off the pillar he's been crashing on. That's one big Jaggi, and if the sight he's got over Nemo's fluffy head is anything to suggest, it's one mean, demanding mama! "Let's see if we can't find a way to save some pride, eh, Gwen?"

Radios dances ahead with a challenging grin for Gwen, swapping his slingstaff back across his waist in exchange for a snap-bow and a green-tipped arrow. Pulling up behind Nemo, he crouches down and takes aim just at the bend created by the pillar to the south. The arrow that flies overhead almost lazily travels through the air, feathering and drag giving it more air time until the tip begins to dip. As the green arrowhead tips down, it bursts into shrapnel, throwing several green shards in an explosive circle around the arrow, including at the Jaggi coming across the pillar's corner.

"There we go." Radios peers at his handiwork with a hand over his eyes. Now that was how a masterful invention should be used! "You're a pretty gutsy one, aren't you, Nemo?"

Mechanics
  • Attack Action: Souridow Venom Shot in (Blaster Burst 1) to hit both Mini Jaggi south of Nemo.
  • Move Action: SE -> SW -> S -> S -> SE
  • Role Action: None

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Fighting
1 Strike

Gwen is not having a good day. A day so bad it seems to distort space and time. Let's leave it at that.

Radios, meanwhile, is a cackling madman with ample opportunity to splash innocent lizards with acid. Which he does! The two miniraptors that joined the party are doused with caustic agents and succumb. How tragic, and brief, their imprint on your lives.

Oh well, gently caress 'em.

The Megaraptor does not apparently take kindly to that kind of bleak dismissal of lizard life. It charges up and over the stream, hooting as it goes. More slithering scuttling noises from down the valley, when they can be heard over Gwen's gunfire, indicate the arrival of yet more miniraptors. Not satisfied with deluging you with angry bitey things, the megaraptor takes it upon itself to put the bite in itself.

Predictably, the acid-throwing lunatic is behind Nemo, so it's the kobold(?) that gets several tons of angry raptor bearing down on him. Nemo's world is suddenly a vision of nothing but teeth and lizard saliva as the brute picks him up in its mouth and starts shaking him.

Miniraptors summoned by the biggun die.
It summons more minis, appearing on the right side of the map, and it moves.
It continues to move for its third turn, then attacks Nemo. Rolls a 5, Nemo takes 4 damage and is Grabbed.

Gilfrey is up.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

It'd be helpful if there were some kind of grid markers on the map, so we could say something like "I move S to B25, then E to F25." This would be particularly helpful for Gwen and Will, since we've got a ton of movement as is, and even more when certain powers come into play.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
e: whoops

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Despite what the others think, Gilfrey's seen his fair share of fights alongside Nemo, and he especially knows how to read a foe. A beast that size isn't so much different from a mounted combatant really- and it clearly shares the same weaknesses.

"Nemo- there! It's too big to watch its low flanks properly, just skirt around under it!" Gilfrey quietly pops an energized shell from his and chambers it. "-and while you keep him distracted, I will run a trial of a new prototype." He shoulders the launcher, lines up the sight, and exhales slowly. Just remember the intended usage patterns of the design and it should work out fine. He squeezes the trigger.

The shell strikes the Megaraptor with tremendous force, the crack of the impact splitting the air. As the shell detonates, it disperses a payload of a proprietary slow-burning aether emulsion. The blue flames burn low, but phenomenally hot.

"Ah! Look! Look!" Gilfrey lets the launcher slide back, motioning emphatically to his team. "It worked perfectly! Just- just as intended this time!"

I start the turn by granting Nemo a free move action via Tactics.
I then attack, rolling a 6 - this deals 4 damage to the Megaraptor, and I create a long-lasting (two turns) zone with the following effect: Creatures starting their turn in the zone or entering it take 1 damage.
The six recharges my Tactics ability for the next turn as well.
Turn finished.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nemo puffs up his chest and glances at Radios. "Over my journeys I've had to harden myself to unspeakable horrors, comrade. World-ending gods, horrible beasts with more mouths than mercy, endless armies of p--" His boasts are cut short by the sounds of a thundering lizard stampeding toward him. Fortunately Nemo is able to wedge his sword in the beast's mouth, softening its bite to merely sink its fangs deep into Nemo's leather armor rather than his furry hide. "E-excuse me for a moment, if you will!"

Just before Nemo uses his masterful combat knowledge and terrifying skills to break himself free he remembers that his notably more tender and, uh, explosive guildmate is standing just behind him and would be next in line to get chomped. Instead he decides to double down on being ensnared in the raptor's maw and crashes the hilt of his sword against its beak, simultaneously inciting it and shattering a few bones. "Haha, yes! I am your better, beast! Show me what you can do before I banish your soul from this realm!"

Someone who didn't know Nemo better may think the furried fighter insane, but such a fool simply is incapable of appreciating all the work that goes into making a battle exciting to witness.

Suddenly an explosion erupts around the Megaraptor, but Nemo knows Gilfrey's "style" enough to be unfazed in the face of such a conflagration. "The creature is harried, strike now Radios!"

Combat junk

• Using Gilfrey's granted action to use Hasten, increasing Nemo's initiative to 3 for the rest of the encounter.
  • Attack Action: Attacking the Megaraptor with a Melee Basic Attack, rolling a 5 - dealing 2 damage, the Megaraptor is Disarmed on its next turn, and Nemo heals 1 HP.
  • Move Action: Using Trap on the Megaraptor, if it ends its next turn within 5 squares of Nemo then Nemo has Advantage against it on his next turn.
  • Role Action: Marking the Megaraptor. Note that a Mark only lasts until the end of the target's next turn, meaning it's only marked on one of its three turns.

Currently at 7 HP.

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 04:31 on May 27, 2016

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Two questions for brennon and Count.

1) when targeting specific sections of a Titan, how do zones work? Apply averaged damage to each part, go by line of sight, what? Outright picking a part seems a little overpowered.

2) At the risk of sounding foolish, how do you disarm something when it's a monster using attack implements integral to its body?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Meanwhile, raptor turn.

The raptor Will ran down struggles back to its feet, shaking its head and trying to bite at the biker. In its weakened state, it only manages to ineffectually nip in his general direction, leaving it open to reprisals from Bleu.

Speaking of reprisals and Bleu, the sneaky little varmint in front of Tura isn't deterred by his giant-predator-ness. It scuttles under the big cat's claws and bites at his master, drawing Bleu blood.

Other other smaller raptors begin to close in, drawn by all the fun squawking and biting going on.

Raptor 2 attacks Will, misses. Provokes Opportunity from Bleu.
Miniraptor C next to Bleu shifts 3 (Striker), uses Striking Strike. Rolls 4, hits, deals 2 damage to Bleu.
Summoned raptors close in on Bleu.
Other minis close in near Will.

Bleu and Will are up.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

grassy gnoll posted:

Two questions for brennon and Count.

1) when targeting specific sections of a Titan, how do zones work? Apply averaged damage to each part, go by line of sight, what? Outright picking a part seems a little overpowered.

2) At the risk of sounding foolish, how do you disarm something when it's a monster using attack implements integral to its body?

1) I don't believe there's hard and fast rules for them, I didn't see anything when I browsed the rules just now to check. Without knowing what the actual sections are, I'd say that just have it target the part that makes sense - A burning patch of ground would probably target feet/legs, for instance.

2) Well "disarm" is just the mechanical name, it isn't literally robbing them of their weapon. Obviously you can't disarm a monster short of cutting off its appendages, but the mechanical effect is just that it can't perform non-Basic attacks. So I'm bashing it in the face and taunting it, which is basically making it temporarily wounded and pissed enough to not try any fancy poo poo and just try to go ham for a turn.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Bleu HP: 3 | Tura HP: 8

Bleu shakes off the miniraptor chomping on her arm, and Tura engages with the other two reinforcements, slashing out at one of them with a massive paw. As it staggers, Bleu pins another with a flung knife, which helps her regain her confidence. "We'll keep the small ones busy!... I hope they really can take that thing by themselves..."

Tura will move North > East and the two will do a Coordinated Strike against the East-most miniraptor. That'll be 2 damage total to the East-most one, and as the effect we'll deal one damage and slow the North-most mini-raptor. If that eliminates them, Tura will move West > West. Bleu will regain 1 HP thanks to Defense Boost and go up to 4 HP, then Tura will mark the mini-raptor that attacked her.

Also bear in mind if you want Tura to tank against bigger targets, you need to make sure he has room to do so. His angles of approach to either large target were entirely blocked by people this turn (even with a double move), and his advantage was entirely wasted because of that. Please keep that in mind.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Well. That's sure somethin'." Will grins and drops his goggles. "Now we're talkin'!"

With an adroit pivot, Will turns to seek larger prey. The most dangerous game.

Leaving behind only dust clouds and a confused raptor, Will charges off to give the new target the one two.

One- shoot it in the face.

Two - whack it hard in the legs with a shotgun butt.

"No problem," says Will, as an angry raptor roars behind him.

Nimble charge, letting me dance back away from the now medium raptor and charge the big guy. I deal 2 damage and then weaken it until end of its next turn.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Miniraptors are stooges. They die in just one hit, for folks needing to ascertain damage-to-kill.

Still More Fighting
Strikes: 1

While Bleu flaps her arms at a miniraptor, her feline companion busies himself with tormenting a few more of the little lizards, as cats are wont to do. After the cat's done playing with his food, he saunters back over to his master's side.

In the interim, Will peels out and sprays dirt in his former opponent's face. He slides up next to Nemo, grazing the megaraptor with gunfire and percussion accompaniment.

The raptor howls with rage, which is really disconcerting for Nemo, still in the beast's mouth. It grinds its teeth around the little performer, to no real effect beyond slobber and probable tinnitus.

Raptor takes 2 damage from Will, 1 from Gilfrey's zone. Raptor's ongoing statuses are cleared.

Gwen and Radios are up, followed by two raptor turns.

Velyoukai
Mar 4, 2011

I hate Suits. All of them.

"I've got just the thing, little buddy!"

Radios' glee is practically palpable at the sight of the megaraptor threatening to turn Nemo into a furry hors d'oeuvre, but not for reasons pertaining to animal cruelty. Well, not tiny animal cruelty, though Nemo might object to being the animal in question here, but that's unimportant in the face of the really good part.

Just imagine what I could make with those beautiful, big bones! And those eyes! Practically begging to be turned into foci for a new spyglass!

The moments Nemo continues to defend the oblivious Radios by almost literally standing in the maw of danger pass by tensely, only broken by the occasional sound of glass potions being tossed behind Radios' shoulder and Will's impromptu entrance ala motorcycle to megaraptor flank. After enough time passes for a notably dangerous puddle of sticky gunk and broken glass to start to sizzle from where its pooled, Radios' hands and most of his head emerge from his oversized bag with a triumphant crow of victory.

"Here we go!" Radios takes advantage of Nemo's continued defending and Will's assistance to get a bit of distance between himself and the Megaraptor. In his hands is a disturbingly purple looking steak with eerie purple wisps of what seems like smoke wafting from it. Once he's far enough, Radios exchanges his bow for the slingstaff again, only this time, he shoves the slingstaff down into the ground by a good foot and a half. He quickly loads the purple steak into the sling and takes aim at the megaraptor.

"Enjoy, biggun! Try not to choke on it~"

Mechanics
  • Move Action: E -> E -> E -> S -> S -> S
  • Attack Action: Rotten Meat (Encounter) on Megaraptor (Head, I suppose?) for (1d6=)4. Target suffers -2 to damage dealt until end of encounter.
  • Role Action: None

Also, how much damage did Radios take from the knockaround earlier w/ Gwen?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Had a couple questions before I take my actions:
• Thanks to the friendly ammo zone, I've got two move actions, plus I can move my speed with my attack action. Is that enough to get on top of the pillar closest to the megaraptor?
• If I was on top of that pillar, would I be within three squares of the megaraptor?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Velyoukai posted:

Also, how much damage did Radios take from the knockaround earlier w/ Gwen?[/i]

Two points.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Had a couple questions before I take my actions:
• Thanks to the friendly ammo zone, I've got two move actions, plus I can move my speed with my attack action. Is that enough to get on top of the pillar closest to the megaraptor?
• If I was on top of that pillar, would I be within three squares of the megaraptor?

A: Two moves is kind of superfluous. I'd say a skill check is more appropriate with a plain move.
B: No. They're pretty tall and honestly mostly meant to be obstacles. You could make ranged attacks from the top of one, but anything clever requires a bit of danger in return.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Gwenivere decides to try and even the odds a bit more, and makes a dash for the raptor still in the stream. She slides to a stop on the soles of her shoes and takes a close range shot - or tries to, at least. When she pulls the trigger, her Gruffydd fails to fire again. "You have got to be kidding me," she snaps, backing away from the creature as she slings the failure-prone rifle.

She turns back towards the group around the megaraptor. She hurries over to the base of the pillar and starts clambering up it. The high ground might be useful here, given how much trouble she's been having with her weapons.

Gained an extra move action this turn thanks to friendly ammo.
  • Attack Action: Blitz. Move SE-E-SE-SE-SE-SE-SE-E. Attack vs the Raptor. Got a 1; missed, accumulated a strike. Continue move W-W.
  • Move Action: Moving W-W-SW-W.
  • Move Action: Scaling the pillar. Soldiering seems reasonable, and I rolled a 3, success with a cost.
Yeesh, another 1 attack. I've got sort of a crazy plan from here, but have to see what the cost is...

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Remember than you have a Miss Token from last round, meaning you can turn that 1 into a 3 + Strike (or a 2) if you so choose. Or you can just hold onto both tokens you have now.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Combat
Strikes: 2(?)

Radios hucks another disgusting bomb at a poor, innocent wild animal. The inventor had best be careful, lest any kind of animal cruelty board hears about his biological warfare when he should be engaging in good, honest poaching.

Meanwhile, Gwen's aim falters as she scales one of the stone pillars reaching up from the dried river bed.

The megaraptor is not particularly happy about diseased meat being launched in its direction, and decides to take its aggression out on Radios. It slithers back, kicking up a storm of dust and rocks with its tail. The big scaly monster grows tired of Nemo's taste and spits him out onto the dirt, then in the brief confusion makes an end run around the natural obstacles to put the hurt on the meat-hurler. A tail the size of a tree comes whipping around faster than probable, snagging Radios in the sternum and sending him flying through the air in a lesser imitation of Gwen's feat earlier. Still, that could have hurt worse.

Megaraptor shifts back 1 on Turn 5, Nemo is released. Turn 3, it moves around the big pillar and up the stream to hit Radios. Uses Body Slam. Rolls 4. Radios takes 2 damage and is thrown North 3 squares, but takes no additional damage from his flight.

Gil and Nemo are up.

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Also please remember that if you roll a 1 I always have my "Try Again" power to let you reroll. Since play-by-post doesn't have me readily available always you can either post about it and I'll get back to it quickly (I check fairly frequently) or just assume that I'd use it for a good enough situation and go ahead and reroll and I'll flavour it later.

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Thanks to the last lingering drops of the Aerosolized Aether, Gilfrey works up the strength to nimbly guide his stubby body down the pillar onto the canyon floor. As he lands, he waves a hand and calls out to his comrade: "Come on Nemo- it's- err, d.. yes, distracted with Mr. Radios! Close in!"

Gilfrey thumbs a button on his launcher, popping a spent casing out and loading in another with a satisfying click. "Alright you nasty lizards, enough is enough!" He squeezes the trigger, and a shell flies with lethal speed across the battlefield- and into the ground between the raptor's toes. "Well.. close enough." The stream bubbles for a moment, and a slick of blue-ish oil bursts from the water and ignites on contact with the air. "Keep at it with the big one, my friends! I shall cover your flank!"

That felt cool to say. He could get used to this kind of fight.

First I use a move to dismount from the pillar, then the free move from my zone to move southeast slightly so I can stay in range.

Next, I use Tactics to grant Nemo a free move action.

After that, I fire at the Megaraptor with another energized round, rolling a 3. I opt for the zone instead of the two damage, as I can catch both the big raptor and one of the small ones in it. This zone will also last an extra turn.

At the end of my turn, the extra move zone finally expires, and I've removed it from the map.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Once he is free from the Megaraptor's maw, Nemo goes about wiping the saliva from his armor, giving the raptor just enough time to scurry away uncontested. Gilfrey manages to snap Nemo back into the moment with a well timed shout though and the samurai is back in the fray!

"Escaping while I tended to my vestments?! I have never seen such deceit and dishonor on the battlefield!!" Apparently the fuzzball is right pissed at the beast, because his usual practiced sword strokes appear to be replaced with adorable frenzied flailing, barely scratching the flank of his truly worthy opponent. Still, blood is good as long as its on his sword and not his chestplate, and the sight of it energizes Nemo enough to forget about his own wounds for the time being.

"You seek to escape into the river? Crafty, but ultimately a folly! You're ours now, beast! Will, Bleu, shatter his legs, he must not retreat!"

combat poo poo
  • Used granted move action from Gilfrey to Hasten - Now at 4 initiative.
  • Used normal move action to Trap the adjacent raptor.
  • Attempted to Sucker Punch as a free action, but rolled a 2 and missed.
  • Attacked with a melee basic attack - Rolled 3, deals 2 damage to the adjacent raptor (aiming at his legs/lower body if that matters), Nemo heals 1 HP from his role boost.
  • Ended turn by using Mark on the adjacent raptor.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Combat

Gilfrey lobs more explosives around the battlefield, after the most acrobatic thing he's done in quite a while. Exhilarating! Of course, the results could be more favorable, but... there's a certain allure to this latest turn of events.

Nemo finds a new lease on life after emerging from the cavern of fangs. He lashes out repeatedly, with the fury of an affronted spit-soaked rabbity thing. The megaraptor's left leg is very slightly lacerated as a result of the flailing. It's a start!

The other raptors begin to shift in to their larger counterpart's shadow. The larger-than-small-but-smaller-than-mega-raptor slithers up to the megaraptor's flanks, as does the little miniraptor in its charge. The others close in, but one of the little creatures chokes to death in Gilfrey's toxin spread. Tragic.

Raptor 2 takes 1 point of damage from the zone, moves.
Miniraptor A moves west.
Miniraptor B moves west.
Miniraptor C attacks Bleu, rolls 2, misses.
Miniraptor D dies from zone damage.

Bleu and Will are up.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

ARB and K, time for posting.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Bleu HP: 4 | Tura HP: 8

The mini-raptor darts away as Bleu swings out with her short sword, only to have Tura pounces on it, trampling it as he charges over to the larger raptor, finally free of the small swarm of creatures. Rushing over to the shoreline, he menaces the remaining raptor, lashing out with a swipe that's more threat than attack. Bleu follows, drawing a knife with a determined expression. They're in the fight now!

Coordinated Attack, Tura shifts West, then Bleu does the an attack on the raptor: 3. As it's just a glancing hit, I'll take the secondary effect and deal one damage to the mini-raptor instead of dealing damage to the raptor itself, which should finish it off. Tura will charge onward South 4 squares and stop adjacent to the raptor as to not trigger any opportunities. Bleu will follow by travelling South 1 square. Tura will then Mark the raptor he's adjacent to.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Forums Poster K Prime, you have until the next time I look at the thread to post or Will skips his turn. Gotta keep this thing rollin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

As the raptor ducks away, Will takes his opportunity to get a run up. "Hey Bleu! Make that big fuzzball brace, because here we go!"

Riding on the razors edge of the river, Will takes a jump off a convenient rock and slams into the raptor's body, shoving it back toward the only thing remotely near its size in the fight. "Let's pen it in and finish it off before any more show up!"

Bike Rushing it. Taking the reroll to do 2 damage and push it back as far as I charge, which since I was able to pull back as my move action is quite a bit. Intent is to shove it into a box with me on the bottom, Tura to the top right, and Nemo to the left.

I also Slow it once more, though my attempt at weakening it whiffs.

• Locked thread