Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
hey, i didn't read any of this and i'm not going to. just wanted to say that mariadb is really good, but if you can't use that plain old mysql is just fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

qhat posted:

it's un loving believable the amount of hoops you have to jump through to get that DB to work well enough to be considered production ready. but hey i guess if you hate stored procedures and replication because you see those features as just unnecessary and for spergs only, then go loving nuts

you can do both of those things w MySQL and it's not hard

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

our server guy set up replication so idk too much about it other than how to stop/start it when i gently caress it up but what's wrong with mysql stored procs. i use them p much every day and have never had a problem

• Locked thread