Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Who's going to drop $120 on a hoodie? I sure am!
https://iffysonlinestore.com/neptunes-parka-hoodie-older-nep/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm immersing myself in the lore since Sisters vs. Sisters is coming to the Xbox. This poo poo is byzantine even by anime bullshit standards. Half the characters are Japanese puns of companies I've never heard of. Any good primers for this stuff?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Half of the game dialog is also industry references.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
What kind of story they will make with the Xbox/Activision merger is what got me interested in this series.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You'll probably want to at least be familiar with the mainline games: mk2/Rebirth 2, Victory/Rebirth 3, and VII/VIIR (aka Victory 2.) Those are the "numbered" games in the series that maintain continuity.

The Neptunia anime is a mash up of mk2 and Victory. Afterwards there were three OVAs released starting in 2020 but they're just commercials for a related figure (Purple Heart in a revealing outfit, a grown up Human version of Neptune in a revealing outfit, Neptune in a wedding dress.) Only at the end of the latest one do they hint at the Victory 2 story possibly coming.

Rebirth 1/ReVerse (PS5) is a re-imagining of the original PS3 game where the side characters from Victory come to visit after figuring out dimensional travel in the then previous game. That sort of got a sequel in the spinoff game Super Neptunia RPG but the Canadian development team didn't notice the connections and Rebirth 1 Plus flopped in Japan.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Dehry posted:

You'll probably want to at least be familiar with the mainline games: mk2/Rebirth 2, Victory/Rebirth 3, and VII/VIIR (aka Victory 2.) Those are the "numbered" games in the series that maintain continuity.

The Neptunia anime is a mash up of mk2 and Victory. Afterwards there were three OVAs released starting in 2020 but they're just commercials for a related figure (Purple Heart in a revealing outfit, a grown up Human version of Neptune in a revealing outfit, Neptune in a wedding dress.) Only at the end of the latest one do they hint at the Victory 2 story possibly coming.

Rebirth 1/ReVerse (PS5) is a re-imagining of the original PS3 game where the side characters from Victory come to visit after figuring out dimensional travel in the then previous game. That sort of got a sequel in the spinoff game Super Neptunia RPG but the Canadian development team didn't notice the connections and Rebirth 1 Plus flopped in Japan.

That's on top of the first game right?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The first game from PS3 is kinda retconned out of existence. The true ending didn't really leave room for a sequel so they rebooted the universe from the goddesses representing companies to representing the consoles themselves. Then the PS4, Xbone, and Wii U released requiring them to make up some story about the cast powering up instead of dying like all their predecessors did.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Dehry posted:

The first game from PS3 is kinda retconned out of existence. The true ending didn't really leave room for a sequel so they rebooted the universe from the goddesses representing companies to representing the consoles themselves. Then the PS4, Xbone, and Wii U released requiring them to make up some story about the cast powering up instead of dying like all their predecessors did.

Wii U as an upgrade?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lammasu posted:

Wii U as an upgrade?

The tablet became a hammer

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
As someone that's read the wiki entries on most of the main characters but never played any of the games how lost will I be when I Sisters vs Sisters drops?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

good chance you'd be lost playing all the games tbh

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Nepgames treat canon like a vague suggestion. There are goddesses. They are powered by people buying merch. That's about all you need to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
GameMaker Revolution is out May 14th. The 3 gameplay trailers for each console actually feature different scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t7yQEeOzVY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yURS3KB9awI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNYhkVKIdL0

There's also a Digital Deluxe edition with Swimsuits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUlY3srwbWA