Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Can you play victory 2 without having played rebirth 2/3? I have rebirth 1 but never finished it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Can you play victory 2 without having played rebirth 2/3? I have rebirth 1 but never finished it.

You can. At the very least, read the LP for Victory from the second post, so you can understand characters like Croire.

Be warned that playing V2 will make it harder to go back to previous Neps due to QoL, if that sort of thing affects you.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
V-II was actually pretty good about keeping spoilers out of the game. They don't even mention major characters by name except if necessary but at the same time people familiar with the series will get the references.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Generation (Steam) - $11.99

Ends in about 20 hours.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is Blanc vs Zombies likely to be any better than Nep U or the SK games?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Sakurazuka posted:

From what I've gathered it's basically Neptunia U Part 2. I would probably equate it as being what Estival Versus was to Shinovi Versus.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll wait for a sale

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

There are things the he does better, and there are a few things that it does a little worse. Overall, it is a better game than Nep U, though. I said so in the OP.

Oddly enough, there are some scenes in Blanc v Zombies that are left undubbed for some reason, making me wonder what production and localization were like.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No one reads OPs

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Takoluka posted:

Oddly enough, there are some scenes in Blanc v Zombies that are left undubbed for some reason, making me wonder what production and localization were like.

Is any Neptunia game fully dubbed? Granted (I presume) the action games have less talking in them to start with.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Polsy posted:

Is any Neptunia game fully dubbed? Granted (I presume) the action games have less talking in them to start with.

Producing Perfection and Neptunia U are fully dubbed, and while most games just omitted voice work entirely on the EN track, Zombies just leaves the Japanese in its place for side scenes and the multiplayer cut scene.

It's an odd move, considering the previous Tamsoft Nep games didn't do that and maintained full English VA work (outside of the PP songs).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ironically, RB2's English dub is on par with the Japanese track. The full story is voiced in both, but optional events are also silent in both. Same with Noire I think?
V and RB3 are probably the least dubbed in English, especially the latter.

I know Blanc had a different voice director working on it if that matters. It was some Aniplex guy. Maybe that explains some of the differences. EDIT: Specifically it's the dude who worked on Kill La Kill's English dub.
Previously it was always Tony Oliver (Bang from BlazBlue, Lupin III, etc).

HGH fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 19, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

HGH posted:

Ironically, RB2's English dub is on par with the Japanese track. The full story is voiced in both, but optional events are also silent in both. Same with Noire I think?

I know Blanc had a different voice director working on it if that matters. It was some Aniplex guy. Maybe that explains some of the differences. EDIT: Specifically it's the dude who worked on Kill La Kill's English dub.
Previously it was always Tony Oliver (Bang from BlazBlue, Lupin III, etc).

I did not know that! I have to say, though, that Blanc probably has some of the best voice direction and acting I've heard in the franchise thus far. I imagine it helps that the VAs have done these roles so many times that it's second nature to them. Erin Fitzgerald's Noire is not just great but fantastic this time around, and while Tamsoft has the weakest voice work (oh, C-Sha), she's still really good. Even Melissa Fahn's Neptune feels more "natural" in this installment, and she says "Gotta go fast!" in battle when she dashes. I remember the voice work in Kill La Kill's dub being pretty great, so I'm glad that we're getting that kind of quality in Nep games. That said, Tony Oliver also does great work too.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Is Blanc vs Zombies coming to Steam?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mordaedil posted:

Is Blanc vs Zombies coming to Steam?

It didn't get the usual PC rating from the ESRB. Half the game is locked to multiplayer mode and Neptunia U was a pretty rough port that excludes AMD processors on the steam page. Even then, that title is going to be Winter at the earliest.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/733368344330526724

Looks like IFI is releasing its first bit of official merch. It's about time. Why the heck isn't this series merchandised more?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
This franchise screams merchandising. You're question is one I've been asking since the series started.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

Looks like IFI is releasing its first bit of official merch. It's about time. Why the heck isn't this series merchandised more?

They should sell prints of the art found on their twitter :v:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Is it the Top Gun cap? I only buy merchandise for the dankest memes.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They should sell prints of the art found on their twitter :v:
They're pure gold in tweet form.

Takoluka posted:

Looks like dogoo plushes of the main characters?
I recall NISA did Neptune plushes for a while. And there's a couple more from limited anime editions that go for hundreds of dollars these days.

Takoluka posted:

I did not know that! I have to say, though, that Blanc probably has some of the best voice direction and acting I've heard in the franchise thus far. I imagine it helps that the VAs have done these roles so many times that it's second nature to them. Erin Fitzgerald's Noire is not just great but fantastic this time around, and while Tamsoft has the weakest voice work (oh, C-Sha), she's still really good. Even Melissa Fahn's Neptune feels more "natural" in this installment, and she says "Gotta go fast!" in battle when she dashes. I remember the voice work in Kill La Kill's dub being pretty great, so I'm glad that we're getting that kind of quality in Nep games. That said, Tony Oliver also does great work too.
Yeah, they really outdid themselves. Even Carrie Keranen's replacement Vert sounds way more like Tara Platt this time around.
I really wish Amanda Miller (Tamsoft, C-Sha) would emote more. She's got a great voice but she's too monotone.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Erin Fitzgerald's Noire is not just great but fantastic this time around

Erin Fitzgerald has managed to cultivate this stupid loving 'a-hyuck-a-hyuck-huck' prideful laugh. I don't know how she manages to make those sounds but it's hilarious every time I hear it.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

HGH posted:

Since this thread reminded me I was halfway through the game I had a quick play - a few of the optional events in Re;Birth 2 are voiced in Japanese (only), though yeah, they're overwhelmingly not, which stranger than if they just weren't at all.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/734885950833102848

Ummm....

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

blegh I hate those Tsum Tsum things

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
What's important is whether or not they will sell me enough of those that I can play live Puyo Puyo with them.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I will collect the NepNeps.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i thought "stackable" would mean they have magnets

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i thought "stackable" would mean they have magnets
I think it just refers to them being shaped like gross logs or beans or whatever the gently caress that is

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I wish they would release actual plushies or figures of characters that aren't Purple Heart or Noire, but this will have to do. I can't hate Nep Tsums. :(

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

I wish they would release actual plushies or figures of characters that aren't Purple Heart or Noire, but this will have to do. I can't hate Nep Tsums. :(

I'd like Max Factory to make a big figma set of all of them, but what can you do.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mordaedil posted:

I'd like Max Factory to make a big figma set of all of them, but what can you do.

I would love figmas of the cast, but imagine if they did Hyper and Ultradimension versions, as well as their respective HDD forms. I'd go broke.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
They should make a big, bouncy plush of Purple Heart's boobs so you can re-enact the first anime ED with the Nepu Nepu plushies.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

There are PS4 Nep avatars up. I can't link them well, because the PS store is stupid about avatars.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
In deciding to learn to mod Stellaris, I figured add Neptunia portraits to the game, but as I was modding, the project kept getting bigger and bigger in scope and it's essentially become a large empire mod, adding six new empires with custom flags, policies, leader portraits and a planetary solar system that I defined myself. And then I decided to make opening text for the six and oh god it got fan-ficy. I am literally blushing from how bad it got. I am planning to put it on the Workshop in full this weekend, but I think I'm going to need some critique in how cringey this got.

I'll only post it if there is interest in helping with it, I think, it otherwise gets a bit too big for a post.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

relax, the nep was in you all along

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
just post it on the workshop, cringe be damned it's freakin' nep nep mod

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

And then I decided to make opening text for the six and oh god it got fan-ficy. I am literally blushing from how bad it got. I am planning to put it on the Workshop in full this weekend, but I think I'm going to need some critique in how cringey this got.

I'll only post it if there is interest in helping with it, I think, it otherwise gets a bit too big for a post.

:justpost:

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Mordaedil posted:

In deciding to learn to mod Stellaris, I figured add Neptunia portraits to the game, but as I was modding, the project kept getting bigger and bigger in scope and it's essentially become a large empire mod, adding six new empires with custom flags, policies, leader portraits and a planetary solar system that I defined myself. And then I decided to make opening text for the six and oh god it got fan-ficy. I am literally blushing from how bad it got. I am planning to put it on the Workshop in full this weekend, but I think I'm going to need some critique in how cringey this got.

Will download. Unashamedly.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
Also there aren't enough silly Nep mods out there anyway, so go nuts. You aren't the first Nep modder for Stellaris, but you could make something fun for yourself and others that download it.

Shame I don't have the game, sadly; otherwise I would be able to give some actual critique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Cringe with spoiler tags for convenience.

quote:

START_SCREEN_NEP:0 "You sit upon the throne in your Basilicom, it still feels alien to you. The previous CPU of Planeptune stands before you to relay her final message.

"You, my dear Purple Heart, are the one I have chosen for the terrible duty of war and peace. You shall be the heir to the throne which all shall remember from now on as the age where all of Gamindustri consolidated with Planeptune and begun a new age."

"My only regret is that I cannot be there with you to give you advice during the difficult times. We have been chosen for another purpose, to retire to Celestia, to rest. I only hope wisdom finds you well in the times to come."

As the ceremonies die down and you are left alone for the first time, you stare across the chambers of your new Basilicom.
Trying times are ahead..."
START_SCREEN_BLANC:0 "You sit alone in a chamber of solitude in the Lowee Basilicom. Before you is a letter from your predecessor, written before she stepped down. You steel yourself and open it, before reading it.

"You are now the one in control of the faithful nation of Lowee after a terrible era of conflict with our inferiors in Gamindustri. We emerged victorious naturally, however I declined the position to continue ruling after it was decided we should spread our influence to other systems."

"I leave it to your capable hands, but I pray you keep in mind our legacy even as new impressions take upon us in the interstellar space."

As the message ends, you sit yourself straight and look across the room.
They have no idea what is coming their way..."
START_SCREEN_NOIRE:0 "As you sit in the cold empty office of the Empire you've taken control of, you press down the button on the holographic player to start the message from your predecessor.

"You're now the one in control of the prideful nation of Lastation after a long period of conflict with the other planets in Gamindustri. As we emerged victorious, I stepped down and you were elected to be the next CPU to take the greatness of Lastation to the rest of the galaxy."

"It will be up to you how you chose to handle this, but keep in mind the hope of our people as you do and maintain our traditional ways."

As the message ends, you lean back and look over the galactic map.
You have a long and difficult task ahead of you..."
START_SCREEN_VERT:0 "You rise from the bed in your room as the messager steps through the door. He hurridly activates the prepared recording, before leaving you alone.

"You are now the one in control of the mighty nation of Leanbox after an ardeous time of infighting and bickering with the stubborn planets in Gamindustri. We remained the last ones standing, however it was quite stressful forcing my early retirement, right on the precipice of taking the galaxy too."

"It will be your duty to see to that our people survive the foray into the unknown, so I hope you keep our safety foremost in mind."

As the message ends, you slump back under the covers of your bed.
You will need all your strength in the coming days..."
START_SCREEN_PLUT:0 "You turn around as the goddess sinks down before you, her body beaten and battered after the torture in your dungeon.

"All of this, was your doing, wasn't it? The conflict, the war, the strife. All the suffering begun by you, but why?"

You sink yourself down to her eye-level and present her with a devious grin.

"Why, I did it for progress. In your stagnated ruling we'd be made obsolete. But thanks to me, we'll be moving into the galactic scale tomorrow. Aren't you excited? I am practically shivering!"

As you leave the room with a hallowed laughter, the downtrodden goddess vanishes in a beam of light..."
START_SCREEN_TARI:0 "It was all rather unexpected, but your victory of the other goddesses of Gamindustri prove your worth. From the ashes of a shattered kingdom, to a planetary force to be reckoned with, you've finally attained the Hard Drive Divinity necessary to overpower the other nations and reclaim your rightful place as the ruling nation in Gamindustri.

The scheme had worked perfectly, but moving forward from this desolated planet will prove the true task. Tari was left in tatters after the original Console Wars and rebuilding its might is going to be tough.

You sit on your throne and admire your work. The Galaxy will shudder in anticipation."

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 2, 2016