Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I've only beaten the first game and I find the combat in the rest of the games too bothersome to get far in. :shepicide:

I also really like Action Unleashed.

And I buy all of these games because the humor and references is right up my alley.

Also the creator of these games is awesome and willing to experiment with her creation:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Stelas posted:

Mashing Neptune Break 50,000 times doesn't count

Neptune Break is small-time. I juggle the enemies never letting them get a turn, between two characters. And time my scene skips by memory. :shepface:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Reminds me of how my friend who also likes Neptunia sat down to watch the anime with his girlfriend and CFW Trick is in the first episode and is just as gross.

They didn't watch episode 2.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Almost exclusively from the character representing Nintendo.

Because Nintendo was once really puritan and weird about censorship in their games.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Irritated Goat posted:

Last thing I remember is meeting Noire basically. Maybe a tiny bit ahead of that.

That loving dragon thing wrecked my poo poo. I just grinded a little bit tho, but it was still a bit harder than I'd have liked.

Use the DLC characters by unlocking them. They are essentially cheat mode, but if you don't want to grind like an idiot.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Is Blanc vs Zombies coming to Steam?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

I wish they would release actual plushies or figures of characters that aren't Purple Heart or Noire, but this will have to do. I can't hate Nep Tsums. :(

I'd like Max Factory to make a big figma set of all of them, but what can you do.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
In deciding to learn to mod Stellaris, I figured add Neptunia portraits to the game, but as I was modding, the project kept getting bigger and bigger in scope and it's essentially become a large empire mod, adding six new empires with custom flags, policies, leader portraits and a planetary solar system that I defined myself. And then I decided to make opening text for the six and oh god it got fan-ficy. I am literally blushing from how bad it got. I am planning to put it on the Workshop in full this weekend, but I think I'm going to need some critique in how cringey this got.

I'll only post it if there is interest in helping with it, I think, it otherwise gets a bit too big for a post.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Cringe with spoiler tags for convenience.

quote:

START_SCREEN_NEP:0 "You sit upon the throne in your Basilicom, it still feels alien to you. The previous CPU of Planeptune stands before you to relay her final message.

"You, my dear Purple Heart, are the one I have chosen for the terrible duty of war and peace. You shall be the heir to the throne which all shall remember from now on as the age where all of Gamindustri consolidated with Planeptune and begun a new age."

"My only regret is that I cannot be there with you to give you advice during the difficult times. We have been chosen for another purpose, to retire to Celestia, to rest. I only hope wisdom finds you well in the times to come."

As the ceremonies die down and you are left alone for the first time, you stare across the chambers of your new Basilicom.
Trying times are ahead..."
START_SCREEN_BLANC:0 "You sit alone in a chamber of solitude in the Lowee Basilicom. Before you is a letter from your predecessor, written before she stepped down. You steel yourself and open it, before reading it.

"You are now the one in control of the faithful nation of Lowee after a terrible era of conflict with our inferiors in Gamindustri. We emerged victorious naturally, however I declined the position to continue ruling after it was decided we should spread our influence to other systems."

"I leave it to your capable hands, but I pray you keep in mind our legacy even as new impressions take upon us in the interstellar space."

As the message ends, you sit yourself straight and look across the room.
They have no idea what is coming their way..."
START_SCREEN_NOIRE:0 "As you sit in the cold empty office of the Empire you've taken control of, you press down the button on the holographic player to start the message from your predecessor.

"You're now the one in control of the prideful nation of Lastation after a long period of conflict with the other planets in Gamindustri. As we emerged victorious, I stepped down and you were elected to be the next CPU to take the greatness of Lastation to the rest of the galaxy."

"It will be up to you how you chose to handle this, but keep in mind the hope of our people as you do and maintain our traditional ways."

As the message ends, you lean back and look over the galactic map.
You have a long and difficult task ahead of you..."
START_SCREEN_VERT:0 "You rise from the bed in your room as the messager steps through the door. He hurridly activates the prepared recording, before leaving you alone.

"You are now the one in control of the mighty nation of Leanbox after an ardeous time of infighting and bickering with the stubborn planets in Gamindustri. We remained the last ones standing, however it was quite stressful forcing my early retirement, right on the precipice of taking the galaxy too."

"It will be your duty to see to that our people survive the foray into the unknown, so I hope you keep our safety foremost in mind."

As the message ends, you slump back under the covers of your bed.
You will need all your strength in the coming days..."
START_SCREEN_PLUT:0 "You turn around as the goddess sinks down before you, her body beaten and battered after the torture in your dungeon.

"All of this, was your doing, wasn't it? The conflict, the war, the strife. All the suffering begun by you, but why?"

You sink yourself down to her eye-level and present her with a devious grin.

"Why, I did it for progress. In your stagnated ruling we'd be made obsolete. But thanks to me, we'll be moving into the galactic scale tomorrow. Aren't you excited? I am practically shivering!"

As you leave the room with a hallowed laughter, the downtrodden goddess vanishes in a beam of light..."
START_SCREEN_TARI:0 "It was all rather unexpected, but your victory of the other goddesses of Gamindustri prove your worth. From the ashes of a shattered kingdom, to a planetary force to be reckoned with, you've finally attained the Hard Drive Divinity necessary to overpower the other nations and reclaim your rightful place as the ruling nation in Gamindustri.

The scheme had worked perfectly, but moving forward from this desolated planet will prove the true task. Tari was left in tatters after the original Console Wars and rebuilding its might is going to be tough.

You sit on your throne and admire your work. The Galaxy will shudder in anticipation."

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Jun 2, 2016

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
My main hangup with cringe in what I've written is probably from Iris Heart torturing a goddess in a dungeon or something, but I wanted them to all seem unique and I tried to play off their personalities as I remember them, which I know most of from the main four cast, whiel I'm not so sure I *get* Plutia or Rei. And hence I am not confident about them.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Going to post it this weekend. I really wish I had a better grasp on Maya, then I'd make animated portraits and custom 3D model ships.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I've already done a bit of ripping myself, but thanks for the source.

If anyone wants to help, I still have yet to write their biographies as it was a feature added to the Clarke patch (I don't think anyone can even see it in game?)and my name list is pretty anemic (but that's just how I feel about it)

I also can't figure out how to replace the culture cityscapes, but that is minor.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jun 2, 2016

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I wonder how long we'll have to wait for a PC release of the PS4 game. It and Bloodborne are the only reasons I'd see to get a PS4, but if this one comes to PC I really will not bother.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

The Colonel posted:

wasn't vii confirmed to be coming this summer

Dang, you are right, it says so on the Wiki.

Sakurazuka posted:

Bloodborne is like top five games ever made material.

Yes, but no one game is worth $450, not even the top one. Also pretty tough sell with PS4Neo on the horizon.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Mod is live:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=696538217

And while testing just now, I realize custom empires don't get the default bases and planet sizes meant something else. Whoops.

Oh god, the enemy armies are buggy

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 3, 2016

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

Nep-Nep in all things.

Seriously, those actually look pretty good.

They work a lot better in certain armors and from a distance away, which works out pretty well for a top-down strategy game. Looks really weird in the cinematic cameras though.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I also added an optional extension to my mod that makes the goddesses live for 1,5 million years through a trait albeit it isn't entirely working as I intended, so it does it for all leaders in the faction, making it an extremely powerful trait.

Hence it is optional to use: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=698868003

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Nope, the game already has it's own two main currencies which are minerals and energy credits. There's a third called influence which would probably be appropriate to call equal to Share Energy in that it is used to increase your borders and spread your influence across the galaxy.

I'm not sure how hardcoded these resources are however.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I dunno I might wear a t-shirt of a siloutte of Noire so I can go "No, that's just a Miku" if anyone asks.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

because THAT'S less embarassing

Depends who you talk to, but generally people here are pretty cool regardless.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

I have two nep figures in my living room so I'm only a coward in public

Right next to the Madoka Goddess figure. :negative:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

ShadowMoo posted:

I've never understood the appeal of action figurines.

To be honest, I still don't. But now I have more than 50 of them. Help.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

The only skirts anyone in this thread will ever get to remove

Aside from my own, I guess.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

Do Nep cast-off figures even exist?

Like these? http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/search?typ1_c=101&cat=&state=&sold=0&sortid=0&searchkey=Hyperdimension+Neptunia+figure

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

ShadowMoo posted:

I feel dirty for just clicking that link.

Things that make ShadowMoo uncomfortable:
-Using the Internet.
-Clicking links to hobbystores.
-Reading forum threads about anime games

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

ShadowMoo posted:

You were talking about dolls with removable skirts. That's a bit weird even for me.

To be honest, I don't think this series is going to quite go there. Even if Neptunia U was made by the Senran Kagura crew, it was sort of done with a tongue-in-cheek approach.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

Do Nep cast-off figures even exist?

I'm dumb, because I thought what you meant by "cast-off" was "figures made using a cast" and just thought "what, any plastic figure?" not "removeable clothes".

I just felt like I had to say that because my follow-up link made no sense if you understood what the term meant.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to make the grinding battles go a bit faster? I feel like I am spending too much time doing the same setup and tactic just to achieve a victory in two turns when it could have been one in a normal RPG and the cut-scenes take so long.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I played part of nep 1, hated it (oh god it was so bad), got rebirth1, never finished it, thought it was okay

after about 5 hours of this game, it's definitely better but the jury is out on whether to keep the meta/memes in. It's definitely charming with Arfoire = R4 and poo poo like that, but it's just kind of....awkward and fourth wall breaking most of the time. The rest of it is just ~moe~ aha, first real cgi is a bath scene, aren't we cute? like uh....

The literal point of this series is to step back and make fun of the entire video game industry. I remember while playing the original, I'd do the cut-scenes once in English and in Japanese and I feel like they captured a lot more of the history and backdrop of the industry in the English translation as the Japanese voice overs almost barely made mention of things that happened or make references to historical events in the industry. The English translation for the first game absolutely nailed localizing the humor and perspective to adapt to what the Western video game industry had been through.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I played more Neptunia original than any other Neptunia. Second most played is Neptunia U.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Rom must have gotten a tad bit more melancholy to fit a samurai, but seeing this concept art makes me look forward to this game a lot.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

Do we know the gameplay of the Vert game? Presumably an RPG of some kind

An MMO.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

Like, a literal MMO? Or just an MMO-styled single player game?

Because an actual literal Nep MMO seems insane

Aside from being a joke, only way I could see it being done is if it goes the Vindictus route.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

"nep mmo rp server"

"I'm a kangaroo" repeating forever.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

I will pay over the odds for a Top Nep hat

I'd wear one in public (because it looks fairly normal)

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Blanc directed 'The Room'.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Game is out now:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/460120/?snr=1_5_1100__1100

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
There is a Neptunia nendoroid?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

I gotta think even if you got charged extra for extra large extra bold TOP NEP embroidery you still don't get anywhere close to $40

Yeah, part of it is pure licence cost, this is normal. Half the price of anything is the label, just look at Macintosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

cheetah7071 posted:

I will buy it after it inevitably comes out on steam and costs $5

I don't even need a PlayStation anymore. PC, the true home for Nepnep.

Speaking of, a Chinese person on Steam asked me a question about my mod that I can't quite figure out the what he wants fixed, if anyone could take a look at the mod page.

Mordaedil fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Sep 13, 2016