Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I thought it looked like it might not be as stiff and slow as the other Nep brawlers, which is good. But then I watched some Nier 2, and welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I look forward to playing as the Neps in the Nep game that the Neps play in the Nep games.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's also just kind of slow and things take too long to die, and boss enemies aren't fun to fight. Fate Extella is good though, so they're getting better.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Oh , whoops, I was thinking of the Type Moon logo, not the Tamsoft one. Tamsoft was Onechanbara Z2 and Estival Versus (though that may have been more Marvelous), which are alright.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 17, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's no Platinum game though, let's be real. Also has the problem of bosses not getting staggered at all, and I didn't find the precise timing gimmick of the combos to be that interesting compared to more variable combos from mixing up button strings. Still a fun time even if you're just button mashing, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

END ME SCOOB posted:

I just wish the drat DLCs would get any kind of pricedrop on PC.

Somebody needs to go back to drug dealer school.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hot take: IF is the best Nep.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

There are plenty worse Neps than Noire.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

There's a certain threshold for how japanese something can be before using english voices feels wrong and neptunia is far far far over that line

English Nep is perfect in every way, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Vert is very competent and also very not and I only accept the Nep 1 canon where she and IF are a couple.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Uzume is a good Nep, but Orange Heart not so much.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

why is nepgear so low

Because she's lame and boring.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

IF is awfully ungrateful for someone who just got a free time traveling upgrade for her motorcycle.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

drat, IF. Though I guess being around someone as high strung as Segami will do that to you.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Not having English Nep is simply wrong.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nep vs Sega reminds me again that I wonder if the Nep games will ever figure out what a reasonable scaling curve is, considering bosses in the apparently normal progression will one shot you and take no damage, and the area they're in contains monsters that you one shot.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I was playing some of Blanc vs Zombies and hoo boy do I hope 4GO improves dramatically on that. The boss enemies are seriously awful to fight.

Also I've never figured out, what is the origin of the running gag of other characters thinking Neptune is hard to say?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PureRok posted:

Wasn't expecting the panty shot right in my face when I switch to the Castle Panzers website's tab.

A novice mistake.

Also I'm glad to see the return of the Busou Renkin spider legs weapon.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

As long as Nep remains, we will be fine.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Overacted Noire was good, but the replacement will probably be fine.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i have literally never played a nep with english voices on

I am deeply ashamed for both of you.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

grand theft grotto posted:

A rabbit is just a poor girl's kangaroo!

The same could be said of the Neps. And really all the sisters, if we're being honest.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Whoops, entirely wrong thread.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Speed runs aren't really a great way to judge how a game plays. But yeah it shouldn't be hard to be better than Nep U or Zombies.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nep is the only English VA that matters let's be real.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dehry posted:

Well I beat the main story. The credits actually rolled early and a number of empty spots in the gallery were filled with the montage it showed. I suppose there's some reward for completing all the missions, but for now I'm happy finishing the story.

I've probably also learned more about tea than I ever wanted to know.

Did you learn that coffee is better? That's the only tea knowledge you need.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is it just me or do melee characters' parry counters almost always miss except against like giant dogoos due to stopping short on the dash in?

Overall this game has about the level of jank and nonsense enemy scaling that I'd expect of Tamsoft game + Nep game. Not a dealbreaker, but I doubt I'll come back to it after finishing. They did a pretty good job with the visual style in UE4 though, and even the occasional in engine cutscene.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hopefully they fix the parry counter missing 90% of the time.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The greatest flaw of 4GO is that Uzume is not playable.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Really all the sisters can go away with the possible exception of Nep Jr.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If it plays at all like Megaman Zero, I'm in.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

nepgear is in fact the best nep

I know we all like to joke, but you need to know when to stop because this just isn't true.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

WatermelonGun posted:

hello. VII is on sale on the playstation network, and i bought it. i’ve played about 5 hours and i feel this may be a weird new phase of my life. will update as i make crepes in the dreamcast dimension or whatever is happening.

Give us an update when you have an opinion on who the best nep is and also that it is Uzume.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Irisize posted:

4GO is on sale on the humble store, was that one any good?

(I mean, I'll probably end up getting it even if it isn't, but...)

I don't care for the chug mana potions to spam specials play style you have to use on bosses, but that's a matter of personal taste.

Also the parry counterattack misses all the time which is annoying. Otherwise it's fine.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

Nepgear and Uni can bond over being dead systems nobody plays anymore

Vert will soon be joining them.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tonfa posted:

4GO was not a good game but Nep vs SeHa made up for that, holy moly. The Time Eater system is so cool. Managed to get a normal ending in 8 hours by busting the class system open. It's currently 8 bucks for Steam on Fanatical.

Hey 4GO was okay, as Tamsoft games go.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Main problems I had with 4GO were that the parry counter whiffed most of the time and mana costs were too high/regen too low, so you either take ages to kill things or blow all your money on mana potions. RPG mana pools in brawlers are just a dumb idea generally.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

PureRok posted:

I just thought that a Neptunia ARPG could be cool. Like Diablo with Nep.

4GO is probably the closest you'll get.

Though your idea would of course have to have nepalem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

filthychimp posted:

Holy poo poo, this video is 9 hours long

Well that's an average work day, I guess.