Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Great job on the OP! Been a while but it finally came through.

I recall seeing an interview where IFI admitted they have no clue how to localize the meme in the zombies game and just gave up. Going from there... the gently caress is a DQN? Looking it up, it just means internet dumbass?
Also, while I love her VA, Tamsoft, Capcom and MAGES. all sound the exact same now and it's getting a bit silly.
Enjoying the fake b-movie scenes though.

HGH fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

CrashCat posted:

Why is Nepgya a thing :geno:
The artist was going back home when the director told her to draw 30 Nepgears.
She proceeded to draw them all with that face.
Alternatively, "leftover funny face components".

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ironically, RB2's English dub is on par with the Japanese track. The full story is voiced in both, but optional events are also silent in both. Same with Noire I think?
V and RB3 are probably the least dubbed in English, especially the latter.

I know Blanc had a different voice director working on it if that matters. It was some Aniplex guy. Maybe that explains some of the differences. EDIT: Specifically it's the dude who worked on Kill La Kill's English dub.
Previously it was always Tony Oliver (Bang from BlazBlue, Lupin III, etc).

HGH fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 19, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

They should sell prints of the art found on their twitter :v:
They're pure gold in tweet form.

Takoluka posted:

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/733368344330526724

Looks like IFI is releasing its first bit of official merch. It's about time. Why the heck isn't this series merchandised more?
Looks like dogoo plushes of the main characters?
I recall NISA did Neptune plushes for a while. And there's a couple more from limited anime editions that go for hundreds of dollars these days.

Takoluka posted:

I did not know that! I have to say, though, that Blanc probably has some of the best voice direction and acting I've heard in the franchise thus far. I imagine it helps that the VAs have done these roles so many times that it's second nature to them. Erin Fitzgerald's Noire is not just great but fantastic this time around, and while Tamsoft has the weakest voice work (oh, C-Sha), she's still really good. Even Melissa Fahn's Neptune feels more "natural" in this installment, and she says "Gotta go fast!" in battle when she dashes. I remember the voice work in Kill La Kill's dub being pretty great, so I'm glad that we're getting that kind of quality in Nep games. That said, Tony Oliver also does great work too.
Yeah, they really outdid themselves. Even Carrie Keranen's replacement Vert sounds way more like Tara Platt this time around.
I really wish Amanda Miller (Tamsoft, C-Sha) would emote more. She's got a great voice but she's too monotone.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Isn't that kinda insane in 4 months? Granted there's DLC to recoup but man, IFI's sales seem so huge and so quickly too.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Nah, VII isn't 1:1. It's still more than RB3 and maybe RB1 though, and they at least make sure the more story focused scenes are voiced for the most part. But most skits aren't.
Like takoluka said, it's been the case since Mk2, excluding spinoffs and Blanc. DLC characters are also silent in English outside of battles, except in the original Victory (but not RB3).
It's a gripe I've had forever but sadly one I've come to accept. I guess it beats not getting a dub at all like some games, although I can't think of many games in the same boat outside of Atelier.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh, so that's why some people reported the DLC characters didn't have scenes. Given they released so far after the game, most people would probably on their NG+ runs, and you wouldn't think carrying over characters would stop new DLC cutscenes from spawning.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's just good to not have shadowy silhouettes used for all the NPCs anymore. Even if the portraits are just generic kids and such.
I think the one use of a shadowy silhouette in VII is during an important flashback and it works there.

All this talk reminded me, one of the jokes in VII flew over my head until yesterday when I saw this commercial compilation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPktjDHO0Y0

Specifically the part with the wheelbarrow, that's directly referenced in game.
I can't really remember the US advertising for Dreamcast though, other than 9/9/99 and "IT THINKS, IT'S ALIVE", but I distinctly remember a trailer with the video game characters shown living inside the console and another with a dystopian looking city, so I wonder if those were intentional references too.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I'm glad they give everyone the most nonsensical class possible in relation to their actual character classes.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If you want to see what the upcoming merch is like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YHehu7h6gE

They're auctioning an oversized banner but they should have sent it to an annoying reviewer or something like Sega did with Sonic banners.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Good lord even the sales hate RB2.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Drive Away just plays for any EXE in VII, it's not just the NEXT form moves.

Sakurazuka posted:

They all have the same soundtrack anyway
VII has a comparatively more unique and all around cooler OST.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I suspected the teaser was originally an FFF thing, and it looks like I wasn't far off now since the silhouette changed to Tiara.
Could be a crossover title. That or some sort of CH anniversary thing?

Dehry posted:

They managed to connect all the lore from mk2 to V-II (there's not a whole lot in the Hyperdimension in Victory) which was interesting.
Pretty much. I never expected someone like Uranus to ever be relevant again.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They seem to pop out fully formed and as is, but Noire does make reference to some sort of succession ceremony in her dream in VII.
If there's any reason for them to be ageless, it's probably either money or character popularity concerns.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Bit late on that image, it's showing Faust now.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Pfffffff
http://gematsu.com/2016/07/nepunepu-connect-chaos-champions-free-play-card-battle-game-ps-vita
It's a free 2 play card game.
For Vita.
Ahahaha oh man CH you got us good! I give you... 6 months before you close down, and I'm being generous here.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Noire and the 2nd chapter in general are a big roadblock. The other one is the fight with Jammers. Otherwise the game's mostly a breeze.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
10 total.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh yeah, I recall seeing CH freaking out over how good western sales were (1 million+) to the point that only now will they finally sell the original games on PC. What a bizarre restriction, good for fans there though.

As for the hats well... the limited stock they had at conventions immediately sold out which is why they decided to make more when they saw how popular they were. At least this beats the garbage that was the Watchdogs' "ICONIC CAP" which sold at $30.

EDIT: Oh no it's Black Heart but eeeeeevil this time so now she's wearing white?
http://gematsu.com/2016/08/nep-nep-connect-chaos-champuru-introduces-new-character-dcd

HGH fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 23, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's more of a developer event isn't it? Or maybe they had a restriction on pictures given they blurred their own content.

I do wonder what the main dev team is doing right now given this is a spinoff and the only other game is on mobile. Their current wave of Vita games is done, and Felistella isn't working on anything right now either. The gap between V and VII was 2012 to 2015 so I wonder if we'll hear anything about a new mainline installment before next year.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't know if it's a new editor or just the game script but wow does IF swear a lot.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's a free Vita card game so I assume they're just milking the fanservice aspect extra hard. It'll probably die in a year without being localized anyway (unless they port it or something).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Have a teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyF_8ZteBF8

And an OST sampler? That's nice, they usually just do a couple tracks on their site.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=405uPsmmUvc

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Takoluka posted:

Supposedly, it lights up? I dunno. I pay premiums for Nep garbage, so whatever~

Actually seems pretty neat. Batteries included!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That explains so much, I've tried to help far too many people try to find those damned baseballs to no avail.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
All the poor Zune got was an anime exclusive island.

Takoluka posted:

Her name is Bouquet, and she reminds me of Yui from Sword Art Online. Speaking of, let's talk Kiria.
I already like her more than both versions of Kirito.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think that's the cheapest VII's been too, they've been keeping it more or less full priced for a while.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

END ME SCOOB posted:

I mean, it's totally possible, it just feels different after playing the others over the past year. I wondered if it was just coincidence when Big Nep was DIOing at higher combos, but then I got C-Sha in the party, and, well...

This one actually isn't all that out there. C-Sha's combos are based on fighting game inputs and attacks, and it just so happens it was Capcom that made the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game back on the PS1.
Kind of a... Roundabout reference.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think the developers had a slightly smaller scope in mind when injecting that theme into the overall plot but it is hilariously on point.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I knew this was coming eventually ever since I saw IF on the list of VR developers last summer. Welp.
EDIT: It's an FF7 remake joke pffft

HGH fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 12, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If you miss one of the earlier baseballs it becomes a nightmare to figure which one it was.
That was definitely the worst achievement.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, Uzume was playable in Blanc so that's something at least.

Also VIIR is a VII remake with added VR scenes and what the hell is Mizuno smoking

quote:

PlayStation VR support was added in response user demand. Its still an RPG, so they had to think about how to express it.
The reason they chose Megadimension Neptunia VII as the virtual reality-supported title is because the timing was right.
There are VR Events that occur during the story. You can still play these parts with just the monitor if you dont have a PlayStation VR. A considerable volume of these events are planned.
These newly added VR Event scenes dont just consist of the Megadimension Neptunia VII scenario, there are also scenarios for after you clear the game.
The game uses a new engine. Theyre super-remaking it to the degree that it will seem like a different game.
There will be more news in the May 25-released issue of Dengeki PlayStation.

I know they like to rerelease stuff nonstop but jeez at least let it simmer a bit.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There'll be VR previews on the 25th.
Prepare yourselves for the horrors(?) to come.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Dehry posted:

Vert won't sell.

She'd need to exist in the first place.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
4 Goddesses is kinda Vert's game since that's her MMO in all the other games (even the in-game world is called Leanverde), but I don't know how particularly prominent in it she is.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The Steam twitter had a brainfart when trying to report on the game's release.

超次元大戦ネプテューヌVSセガハードガールズ夢 is my favorite entry in the franchise.

orphean posted:

This may be my least favorite Neptunia battle system since like, the original game. Don't like the quest time mechanic either even though it isn't a huge deal
Yeah, some people go "Wow this is such an improvement, the best in the series!" and I really don't get where they're coming from after having played VII.

HGH fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 13, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The change between Unreal engines is pretty noticeable. The VR seems like a bog standard Summer Lesson style affair though.
Curious if there's any notable gameplay changes.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think RB2 had near 1:1 ratio of English to Japanese voiced dialogue. RB3 was the worst by far with some major plot scenes being undubbed compared to Victory, as well as all the original DLC character scenes. You could easily check this on PC because it let you switch voice tracks on the fly mid cutscene.
VII was a good middle of the road but you can check the difference just by looking in the game's folder and comparing the size of the audio files. I forgot what it was labelled but there was one file specifically for cutscenes with a .jp and .eng version with the latter being smaller.

I think all the side games are fully dubbed though. PP, Noire, U, Sega... They're all pretty small scope. Oh and Blanc too, minus the Backstage Talk scenes that automatically switch to Japanese, which just makes the whole "Everyone is pretending to be actors" concept more amusing.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The dub enhances a lot of things really:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZlT01rCDtA

I kinda saw this Noire situation coming what with the VA strike. Just the other day I saw something about the Resident Evil 2 remake not reusing any of the current or old RE actors despite contacting the actors and just replacing everyone with a non union cast. And if Capcom aren't sparing expenses no way is IFI gonna do so.
Anyway I trust the voice direction to salvage Noire (unless they dig up some really bad VA), I doubt they'll change studios anytime soon despite the VA strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Clearly this requires drastic measures.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKxio8HZiNA